Dongwoo's Point of View (18)

Celebrity
Dongwoo's Point of View
 
 
A few hours later, Sungjong was whining about having our last movie marathon before we go back to work soon. Sungyeol complained at first, but with the help of Sunggyu hyung, Sungjong jumps out for joy and runs to his room to get his favorite cds. I heared footsteps approaching behind me, as I was stirring a spoon on my coffee. "Donggo, you watching tonight?" Sunggyu hyung warmly asks me, and I nod in response. "Of course hyung, it's something I shouldn't miss. Let's enjoy life to the fullest." I chuckle, while his eyes disappear and smile sweetly at me. "Donggo-ah, when will you stop being so wise and adorable?" He pinches my cheek and then slaps the other side of my face with his hand. "Aigoo.. Such a cutie." He pats my shoulders and walks away.
 
 
I decided to buy popcorn for the movie marathon tonight, and I hope I wouldn't take long since there were only a few hours left. I went to my bedroom to dress up and went to Sunggyu hyung after. "Gyu hyung," I called out, and he turned around while peeling off an orange's skin with his teeth. "I'm going to buy snacks for tonight. I'm heading out." I explain, and he spits the skin cutely. "There's enough food here. Are you sure you want to go?" He asks me then continues what he's doing. "I don't mind hyung. I'll get going." Sunggyu hyung just nodded his head at me and gave me a thumbs up. I smiled at him and chuckled at his gesture since he looked so ridiculous peeling that fruit.
 
 
After a while, I arrived in the nearest convenience store. I wore a mask and some sunglasses even though it was about to rain. I actually hoped it didn't make me more suspicious. I quickly gathered everything I wanted to buy and brought them on the counter. "This is all, ahjussi." I tell him with a smile, but I remember I was wearing a mask. "You must be a celebrity." The old man tells me with his somehow old husky voice, and I nod at him. "It's okay. I don't tell anyone." He chuckles as he puts the food inside a plastic bag. Before tying it up, he gets a box of tissue beneath the counter and puts it inside the plastic bag. "Ahjussi.. I didn't-"
 
 
"I have lots of these. I'm giving it to you for free." He chuckles and hands over the plastic bag. "Here you go, young man." He tells me with a smile, and I took off my mask to smile at him. I'm glad I went here, since the bad vibes had been haunting me this morning. Ever since that incident with Howon...It got me really off guard. Everything about it distracts me so much. But still, I can't be gloomy. They would start to wonder. I actually feel tired recently, since it's hard to hold back what I feel.
 
 
After parting ways with the old man, I was suppose to return when my phone vibrated in my pocket. I picked it up and saw Howon's name on it.
 
 
 
'Come see me, hyung. I'm at the rooftop. Come quickly, come now. Please.'
 
 
 
Something was wrong. It can't be that... Could he? He can't be, right?
 
 
I started running as fast as I could. My hands were cold, and everything appeared blurry. I could feel my heart beat faster every step I took. Howon... I'm afraid to lose Howon. Not today. Just not today.
 
 
Howon was suicidal. I remember when he almost ended his life back when we were in middle school. He did it thrice already, first was when he was a little kid, when his parents abandoned him somewhere he doesn't remember. Second was two years after we met, when he fell under depression because he couldn't pass the first company he auditioned in. And third, was our trainee days. I wasn't there, physically. I was in a phone call with Sunggyu hyung, and Sunggyu hyung was the one with him. And after that day, Howon became more optimistic than he was, all thanks to Sunggyu hyung. That's actually how much he is an influence to us. And maybe that's why Howon have great respect towards Sunggyu hyung.
 
 
And on that day, only Sunggyu hyung knows why Howon tried to do that for the third time. He never told anyone, not even me. It was left between Sunggyu hyung and him.
 
 
I finally arrived at the apartment building. The elevator was taken, so I decided to run upstairs. It took me quite a while since there were 15 floors in total, and I almost fell down since I accidentally tripped while running up. And finally, I reached out for the knob of the rooftop's door, and climbed the last stairs before I could see Howon, who was standing at the edge of the building.
 
 
"...Howon?" I weakly ask, out of breath. My palms rested on my knees as I tried to catch my breath. "H-Howon.. Ge-get a-away from there. P-please." I dropped the plastic bag and ran to him. Due to panic, I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him away from the edge. "Dongwoo..It's not what you think." He tells me, and I paused for a moment. I felt like going crazy. I felt like...I wanted to jump.
 
 
I pushed him away and grunted. I labored more in breathing since I did it with so much force. "D-Dongwoo...?" Howon asks me with concern, and I stare at him. "You text me, telling me to come quickly to the rooftop at such a serious note. I ran here, ran up the stairs, I felt like fainting. I arrive at the rooftop, and see you at the brink of falling and you tell me, that it's not what I think?!" I walked up to him and punched his face. "Could you please stop making me worry about you?! If it's funny for you, it's not for me, Howon! I feel like dying whenever I get those kind of messages from you! You know your past! And you know I know!" Howon stands up and grabs my shoulder. "Hyung, calm down. I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-" 
 
 
"Mean to what? Huh? Worry me? Hurt me?" I felt my anger fume inside me. I just couldn't take it anymore. I had enough.
 
 
Howon grabs my wrists and pins me on the floor. "What is wrong with you?! Why are you acting like this? Tell me now!" Howon yells as I struggled to get away from his grasp, even though I knew it's useless. "Dongwoo hyung! Tell me what's wrong!" He bangs me on the floor for the second time, and this time, it hurted. And there I also realized that there was no use of getting angry, and that slapped me back to reality. I let myself cool down for a while as Howon stared at me. "I-I'm sorry." I apologize to him, and then he shuts his eyes before staring at me. "I don't need your apology. Tell me what's wrong hyung, please. I'm begging you." I could see tears forming in his eyes, and he was doing his best to hold it back.
 
 
"Can't you understand...?" I whisper to him, and he remains his gaze on me. "I'm only worried about you, Howon. We've been best friends and then one day you were looking so lost, and you couldn't bother telling me at all." I tell him as my heart ached more than ever. Yes, a lot of people may have known me for being a crybaby, but this time, I held my tears back because it wasn't the time for me to break down just like that. "Howon, I just want to know if you're oka-"
 
 
Howon stands up and walked away from me. It all happened so fast. I quickly sat up, afraid he might do something ridiculous, and then I saw him walking towards me again. "You already know what's wrong, Dongwoo!" He looks at me intently, and I could see the pain in his eyes. But now wasn't the time to be weak. I had to take this chance. "I-It was.. never about me, right?" I ask him, my voice slightly shaking. "What? What are you talking about? Get straight to the point, Dongwoo!" I stood up and walked towards Howon. "You told me before, that it was never me! That it wasn't about me!" I yelled at him as I felt my chest constrict because of the pain.
 
 
"Of course it wasn't about you! Couldn't you already tell with that?! Couldn't you already know with that?!" Howon grabs my shirt and pulls me in. "You already know it! You know it wasn't you nor Sunggyu... You already know that I liked Woohyun all this time!" I felt my heart sink down as I heard him say it. This day, this day that I waited but feared the most, had finally come. He finally told me. I was finally sure now that he said it,  that what I thought I was just assuming was true, everything was clear to me now. Nevertheless, nothing changed, it just got more painful. To me.
 
 
"That's why I told you... that you should have told me in the first place! I was your best friend!" I felt Howon tighten his grip on my shirt as he pulled me closer. "It wasn't easy! It's not that easy, Dongwoo!" 
 
 
"Well it wasn't easy for me either!" I finally bursted out as Howon shut his mouth. I could feel my heart being torn as the words I've been wanting to say were at the tip of my tongue. "Don't think that you were the only one suffering, Howon! If you only have told me then none of this would be happening!" I could see Howon being triggered once again by my words, so he yells back at me. "Telling you in the first place wouldn't have stopped them getting back together, right?!" He sets me free but pushes me away. "Well, it could have stopped me!"
 
 
I could feel myself lose my control. I didn't care anymore. I just wanted to take the burden off my chest. "Stopped you from what?!" He yells back, and I couldn't hold back my tears anymore.
 
 
"Stopped me from liking you.."
 
 
It felt like time slowed down as Howon's gaze on me changed from being furious to a look with guilt and sympathy. But I couldn't be weak. Not this time. I couldn't be weak just because of this. "And even though... there was still a chance that I could have saved you from this pain. If you could have told me, then I could have helped you or told you about them.. that they're inseparable, that whatever they do they would get back together. I could have helped you not to like him because they were never going to leave each other. I've known them for years, Howon! You wouldn't feel this pain if you told me. I could have told you all of these, if only you told me.." I wiped away the tears and turned away from him. I picked up the plastic bag I was carrying earlier and walked to the door. "And we could have been..." I clench my hand and shook away the thought, or maybe a dream or an imagination I fantasize. I decided not to continue. It just might make things worse.
 
 
"I'll get going. It was nice talking with you, Hoya." I told him, before going down and slamming the door behind me.
 
 
 
----
 
 
 
"Where's Dongwoo hyung?" Sungyeol asks Myungsoo. "I don't know." He blankly replies. "He left his...coffee. He didn't even finish putting sugar in it. Guess his mind was flying somewhere else." Sungyeol remarks as he stirs the spoon. "Or maybe he was desperate to go somewhere after hearing about it." Myungsoo tells him, and Sungyeol throws him a questioning look. "...what?" He asks as he picked up the coffee mug. "Maybe he went to an emergency or something." Myungsoo answers, and Sungyeol's forehead creases. "Oh, Myungsoo. Not now, okay? We just finished Woohyun hyung's issue. Not now, we need to rest from those." Sungyeol whines, and takes a sip on Dongwoo's coffee. "Ey, you cutie." Myungsoo pinches his cheek, and Sungyeol was on the verge of spitting put his coffee, due to Myungsoo's handsome face and irresistible smile. "I'll be with Sungjong now."
 
 
Sungyeol freezes on his position and touches his cheek. 
 
 
"Did he just...pinch me?!?!!!!!?!"
 
 
Sungyeol almost dropped Dongwoo's coffee because of too much butterflies flying around his stomach, he grinned and bit his tongue to stop him from squealing. He closed his eyes tight when he remembered...
 
 
'I'll be with Sungjong now.'
 
 
"Oh that Sungjong. You always steal Myungsoo away from me!" He places down the mug on the counter angrily and marched into the living room, where Sungjong had a pile of stacked dvds around him and Myungsoo helped him pick three for the movie marathon starting in a few hours.
 
 
"I'll pick them for you!" Sungyeol shouts as he jumps and lands flat in between Myungsoo and Sungjong, to separate them from sitting together. He grabs a random dvd from the pile, and shoves it on Sungjong's face. "Oh look! This one! I heard hat this movie was too good that five star ratings weren't enough to express their satisfaction." Sungyeol blabbers as Sungjong was somehow glaring at him. "Oh, it's okay now. Myungsoo hyung and I already picked three. Too late for you," Sungjong teases him in a sassy tone, and Myungsoo did his best to suppress his laugh. "Whatever, Sungjong! You're annoying as ever! You're so spoiled you don't even let anyone pick the movies!" Sungyeol stands up im disappointment and marched in his room. "What?!?! What are you talking about?! I'm not spoiiileddd!!!!!" Sungjong whines as he throws a pillow on Sungyeol's door.
 
 
 
----
 
 
After a few hours, everyone was peacefully watching the movie. They were literally watching in peace. Sungjong was lying on Sungyeol's feet, sleeping. Since Myungsoo had a kind heart, minutes before he fell asleep, he placed Sungyeol's head on his lap and laid his head on Dongwoo's shoulder to sleep. Dongwoo, who was tired from the fight, slept at the very start of the movie. And for Woohyun and Sunggyu, they stayed awake but kept silent. Woohyun was in Sunggyu's arms, and Sunggyu cuddled him tightly. And as minutes passed, they grew bored and bored, not until Woohyun looked at Sunggyu and kissed his neck.
 
 
"What are you doing?" Sunggyu whispers to Woohyun, then suddenly gives out a soft moan as Woohyun ran his tongue on Sunggyu's jawline. "Woohyun.." Sunggyu closes his eyes as he felt the sweet sensation. Woohyun does the same and sniffs Sunggyu's vanilla smelling hair, before biting his ear softly. Sunggyu's body buck a little as he felt the shivers crawling down his spine.
 
 
"W-Woohyun." Sunggyu innocently calls out.
 
 

Hello!!!!!
 
 
I AM SO SORRY for updating this late. Really, for these past months everythingwas hectic. But I'll be able to write more soon since I'll have more time! Hopefully it won't end too soon though.
 
Thank you for waiting, for everyone who subscribed. I am really sorry for being this late and not consistent  ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
 
 
Anyways, what can you say about this chapter? It's somehow a Yadong centered chapter but... kekeke
 
 
And what do you think of the ending?
 
 
Please do comment down! I miss you all ;;;;;;;
 
 
Lovelots,
 
Author-nim