Home-cooked Dinner

Story of Us

Your POV

The first school bell rang, which means we needed to head to our classes. Wonwoo and I parted ways with Mingyu and Hayley as we waved them goodbye. I had to drop by at my locker to get my books for my first class, Wonwoo followed me and after that we walked to class together. Wonwoo and I have our first class together every Monday which is great, we walked hand in hand to the classroom and we’d sit together.

The teacher walked in a few minutes after us and as soon as she started teaching, I was busy taking down notes. I was really weak in this subject and I needed to as least pass it to graduate but while I was trying to concentrate, Wonwoo won’t stop distracting me. Stupid boy won’t stop poking my arm with the pencil and he keeps trying to bite my hand?? What is wrong with him…? “Gosh Wonwoo, stop bothering me. Take down notes or something, you’ll need them for exams,” I said and continued scribbling down whatever the teacher wrote on the board.

After that, he stopped bothering me and kept quiet throughout, he kept his head down and copied his notes. Leaning on my arm every once in a while and yawning away. The teacher gave us a short 5 minutes toilet break and I placed my head on the table, already tired from school. I felt Wonwoo’s hand on my head, his fingers running through my hair, playing with them. After a while, I sat up and looked at him. He smiled and asked if I felt tired and I nodded. I started playing with his fingers as Seungcheol, his teammate came over to talk to him.

While they were talking, I was figuring out how I would ask Wonwoo. My mum would be home till tomorrow and she really wanted to meet him, so she told me to bring him over for dinner. I mean we only started dating last week, what’s the rush? But I couldn’t turn her down, she’s my mum. Things were going to get super awkward with only 3 of us, so I was thinking of inviting Mingyu and Hayley along. But I don’t know how to “pop the question” and he might be busy too.

The break soon ended and Seungcheol went back to his seat. The rest of the lesson was just the teacher getting the class to complete a 7 page practice paper. Wonwoo completed the paper pretty quickly, I mean he was good at studying even though he doesn’t really pay attention in any class. So after he completed the paper, he slept as he waited for class to finish. I finished my paper 10 minutes before class ended with much difficulty and Wonwoo was still fast asleep.

5 minutes before class ended, the teacher collected all the papers and released us for our next lesson. I packed my bag before I stood up to go to my next class, Wonwoo’s next class was gym so we had to part ways. Well, I’ll just wait for lunch to ask him then, my next class was with Xinyi but when I walked into class, she wasn’t there. I waited for a while more but she still didn’t turn up, the teacher came in and we started the lesson.

Class was honestly such a bore without Xinyi and I tried so hard to not fall asleep by writing down notes. I blame the teacher for being extremely boring, the one and a half hour lesson went past so slowly. When the lunch bell finally rang I quickly packed my bag and got out of class. I was making my way to the canteen to meet everyone else when I saw Jisoo frowning at his phone, maybe he knows where Xinyi is.

I went up to him and walked beside him, he didn’t seem to notice me there. I tapped on his shoulder and he stopped frowning and turned towards me. “Hey,” he greeted grinning at me. “What are you frowning about?” I asked. “I haven’t seen Xinyi all day and I’ve been texting her all morning but she haven’t replied to any of them. Have you seen her?” he told me with a worried expression. “No…I thought you’d know where she was, she didn’t turn up for class. Don’t worry about it, I’ll call her later,” I said and we walked to the canteen together.

We got to the table where everyone was at, Wonwoo and Soonyoung were laughing over something ((probably another lame joke)) and Jihoon had his headphones on as usual. Minghao was reading some Chinese comic, Mingyu and Hayley were currently missing. Jisoo made his way there and sat down, still checking his phone every once in a while. The boys went to get food and I told them to get some for me as I “took care of the table” but honestly I was just too lazy.

I took my phone out and called Xinyi, it ringed 6 times and I was about to give up and call her later when a very irritated “What?!” was heard. “Well, hello to you too,” I said. “This better be important, I woke up to answer the call,” she said. “What happened to you? Why didn’t you come to school? Did you know how worried Jisoo was because you didn’t reply his messages?” I asked all at once. It’s already 12.35pm in the afternoon and she just woke up. “Wait, Jisoo was worried? I didn’t know he sent me messages, I just woke up. But yeah, I’m fine. I just didn’t feel like attending school today but tell Jisoo I’m not feeling well. Okay bye, I need sleep.” She said and hang up. “Bye…” I said even though she already hung up.

The boys came back with food and Wonwoo sat beside me, they all noticed Xinyi’s absence since Mingyu and Hayley joined us after a while. They asked about and I told them she wasn’t feeling well, Jisoo looked so worried. It was good to know that Jisoo cared so much about Xinyi, he’s really sweet and I know that Xinyi’s really happy with him. She isn’t someone who open up to just anyone, seeing her being so close and happy around Jisoo makes me feel really glad. Jisoo’s phone vibrated and he quickly checked who texted him and I knew it was Xinyi just from the smile on his face. Their so adorable together, my heart could explode.

-

The rest of the school day went past pretty quickly and I haven’t even invited them over yet. I was walking to my locker thinking about how to ask Wonwoo, I mean why am I even so nervous over this? I placed my books away and packed my bag, I closed the doors of my locker and went to look for Wonwoo. He said he was at the basketball court, so I went over. Half of his team were there, yes, Wonwoo was part of the school basketball team. The whole team plays really well, plus their all good looking. The girls swoon, literally. The screams and cheers during games are deafening.

Wonwoo, Mingyu, Jeonghan and Seungcheol were playing basketball and the rest were just fooling around and stretching. I just stood there watching them play, when his teammate, Hansol suddenly came over. “Hey Xuan, looking for hyung?” he asked. I just simply nodded and he suddenly shouted, “HYUNG YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS HERE!!!” I went to shush Hansol because he’s being so embarrassing, I swear my face is probably as red as a tomato now. Wonwoo turned towards our direction and smiled at me, Hansol ran away soon after. Wonwoo was jogging over to me, he was sweating and there were strains of hair stuck to his forehead.

“Hey babe, what’s up?” his asked as he held my face, squishing my cheeks together. Something he got used to doing, he let go of my face when started frowning. “My mum kinda wants to meet you? So she asked me to check with you if you’re free for dinner tonight….okay you’re probably busy I’ll jus-” I got cut off by him. “Yeah, I’m free tonight. I’ll drop by after basketball practice, is that okay?” he asked. “Really? I mean y-yeah yeah.” I said, gosh Xuan why are you so nervous? “You’re blushing, hahah cute.” He said before ruffling my hair, I hit him on the shoulder jokingly and he just laughed.

From the side, I could see Jeonghan jogging over, I guess they were going to start basketball practice and they needed Wonwoo. “Wonwoo, we’re going to start practice soon okay?” Jeonghan said when he got beside nearer to us, he waved to me before running back to the rest of the boys. Wonwoo looked back to the direction of the boys, who has been watching us very closely since I got here. They all pretended to do other things as Hansol and Jun made kissy faces, Wonwoo turned back to face me with a judging expression on his face. “My teammates are weird aren’t they? Don’t mind them,” he said. I just laughed to that statement, they do creep me out sometimes but their really nice people too.

“You better go, I’ll see you later.” I said, he gave me a short peck on the lips which the boys reacted violently to ((I could hear them shouting really weird things)), before he waved goodbye and ran back to the team. I turned around and slowly made my way to the school’s exit, feeling a small sense of pride that Wonwoo would kiss me in front of his teammates like that. I don’t know why, it made me feel special.

-

I got home and told my mum that Wonwoo was coming over after practice and I told her I might invite Mingyu and Hayley too. After hearing that, she went straight to the kitchen to prepare dinner. I took a short bath and changed out of the stuffy uniform. I went to my room and plopped down on my bed, I picked up my phone and texted Hayley, asking if she wanted to come over for dinner. She agreed and I told her how to come over to my place.

Although Wonwoo’s practice doesn’t end till 2 hours later, I decided to text him to get Mingyu to come over too.

Me: Hey, can you get MIngyu to come over for dinner too? Hayley will be joining us, plus, my mum misses him heheh. Okay see you later x

After that I went downstairs to help my mum in the kitchen, I helped with the simple little things. My mum and I don’t talk much, we usually just spend time together in silence. I was washing the rice before placing it into the cooker when my mum suddenly asked, “Wonwoo, did he hesitate to come over? Was it hard to persuade him into coming over?”

“No, he agreed almost immediately. And he didn’t seem nervous too, is that a good thing?” I asked as I placed the rice into the rice cooker. “I don’t know, how would I know? I’ll judge him when I see him later. Dear can you get me the kimchi? Thanks,” my mum as I gave her the kimchi.

An hour went by and Hayley was already here. We were in my room, just getting to know each other better. She told me about what happened in school today, thank God Mingyu found her in time. Who would know what could happen to her? My mum was almost done with preparing dinner, the food smells great. Hayley and I couldn’t wait till the boys arrive, so that we could finally eat.

Hayley and I were in my room already dying from boredom that we laugh at everything and anything, then my phone vibrated.

BbyJeon<3: Gotcha babe, we just finished washing up and we’re on our way. See you soon <3

We went downstairs to tell my mum that their on the way here and we helped to set up the table. The boys must be hungry after practice and we were too. As we helped, we snuck a couple pieces of meat into our mouths. Damn, they sure taste good, as usual home cooked food is still the best. After 15 minutes, the doorbell rang. I ran to the door as Hayley continued to put meat into , I opened the door and was greeted by Mingyu and Wonwoo.

“Hey little one, it’s been awhile since I was here, hasn’t it?” Mingyu entered as he ruffled my hair. He went over to Hayley and gave her a peck on the forehead and went on to hug my mum. Wonwoo came in after taking off his shoes, I held his hand and pulled him towards my mum. My mum held her arms out, hugging Wonwoo afterwards. He smiled at her and introduced himself, he was being super awkward and nervous right now. I find it pretty cute. “Chill, Xuan’s mum is really nice.” Mingyu said as he pat Wonwoo on the back.

We went to the dining table so that we could start eating, “WAH!” both the boys said at the same time. We all settled down and finally started eating. Bless the Lord for Mummy’s home-cooked dinner. 

 

 

 

 

 

Helloooo!! Yay finally chapter 9 is up //jjak jjak jjak// 

i hope you liked this chapter, the boyfriend interview starts in Chapter 11 :))) 

Please do give feedback, it will be much appreciated 

Till Chap10 <3