Busan Day 1

Story of Us

Your POV

I was awaken by the ringing of someone’s alarm clock, probably Soonyoung’s. He didn’t stop the alarm until about 2 minutes and I was still slipping in and out of sleep. I was wide awake after hearing the second alarm ringing, this time Mingyu’s. I wondered how Wonwoo slept through both alarms.

I wanted to go wash up then wake Wonwoo up so that he can get ready to leave for Busan, but when I tried to sit up, Wonwoo pulled me closer to him and mumbled something. I sighed to myself, alright maybe another 5 minutes wouldn’t hurt.

I woke up again after I heard people scrabbling around and things being moved around. I opened my eyes and saw Mingyu walking around the house with a slice of bread in his mouth, holding his toothbrush in his hand and looking for his bag. I stretched in Wonwoo’s embrace and he stirred in his sleep. “Babe, wake up,” I whispered while tapping his chest. “Hmmm…good morning,” he said, snuggling closer to me. “Morning ~ now get up, you need to get ready,” I said and sat up, untangling myself from Wonwoo’s limbs.

I washed up and combed my hair, I put on my navy blue tank top and my dark blue tribal shorts and Hayley helped me braid my fringe into a fishtail. Hayley’s hair was in French braided pig tails and was dressed in a white slim fit tank top and black shorts, with her rounded sunglasses hooked at the centre of her tank top. Xinyi had a brown hat on, with her hair down. She was wearing a white top with black strips and denim shorts, with a black bag sling on her right shoulder.

Almost everyone was ready to go but Soonyoung was still running around looking for his underwear. “Where is it? This is so frustrating!” he yelled. “Watching you run around searching for your penguin underwear is even more frustrating! Dude you have like 5 pairs of underwear in your luggage, that’s more than enough, can we go now?” Mingyu said unlocking the main door. Soonyoung refused to leave until he found his underwear, but he gave in after Jihoon threatened to leave him alone in Mingyu’s house.

We only had one five seater car and 2 motorbikes which belonged to Soonyoung and Wonwoo.  So Mingyu drove the car, with Hayley, Xinyi, Jisoo and Jihoon. Initially Soonyoung said that it’ll be safer for the girls to all be in the car. But Jihoon said he wouldn’t be able to sleep on a motorcycle, so I gave up my spot in Mingyu’s car and decided to ride the motorcycle with my boyfriend instead.

It was a 4 and a half hour drive with one rest point so we left at 7.30am, in order to be there by 11am to settle down and have lunch. Jihoon’s mum was preparing lunch for us, we couldn’t afford to be late. Our baggage were already in the boot. All 5 got into the car and Mingyu was already ready to drive off, Wonwoo passed me my helmet and I quickly put it on. I sat behind Wonwoo comfortably and waited for Soonyoung and Minghao to get ready. And with that, we were on our way to Busan.

Since it was early, people still had work. The roads were congested until we reached the expressway, by then the roads were clearing out and only a few cars could be seen, including Mingyu’s that was ahead of us.

“Ready to do something fun?” Wonwoo suddenly said. “What do you have in mind?” I asked. “Hold on tight,” he said and sped up. Not giving me enough time to react, I felt my hair flapping in the wind and my body going against the wind. We overtook Mingyu and two other cars, I held onto Wonwoo even tighter than before when he started swerving on purpose, “Fun isn’t it?” he shouted. “It’s dangerous, stop it,” I said slightly tugging onto his hoodie. He exited the expressway and turned into some carpark and parked his motorcycle.

Soon, Soonyoung and Minghao came and parked beside us. MIngyu’s car came in after a while and it parked slightly further ahead, “Yah, you went so fast, you could have gotten a fine,” Soonyoung said as he flicked Wonwoo’s head. “But I didn’t,” he replied. “Plus, it was fun, right babe?” he asked, turning towards me. “It was fun until you started swerving, I thought I was going to die,” I said. He laughed at me then whispered, “As long as I’m around, you have nothing to be afraid of.” Minghao threw Wonwoo a judging look and pulled Soonyoung away to join the rest. “Shut up, I was scared,” I said lightly whacking his stomach as I walked towards the others. Wonwoo caught up to me and placed his arm on my shoulders, “Okay, okay. I’m sorry, I won’t do that again. Promise,” he said kissing the top of my head.

It was 9.45 when we got to the rest point. Slightly behind time due to traffic, so we bought take outs and headed back to our vehicles. Jisoo took over the driving, which Mingyu was happy about because it meant he could eat his snack and sleep. I ate a few bites of what Wonwoo bought, honestly not know what it was, but it was good. Wonwoo helped me put on my helmet and his before we got onto the motorcycle again. We turned out of the carpark and was once again off, we drove for about another 2 hours before finally arriving at Busan.

I was expecting Jihoon to get out of the car looking all sleepy but he was the first one out of the car with a bright smile on his face. We parked our vehicles at a car park slightly further away from his house. He led us to his house and I have honestly haven’t seen him walk so fast before, he must really miss home.

“We’re here!!” he said slightly jogging towards his house, ringing the doorbell. We all caught up with him and his mum opened the gate and was waiting that the door. His dad joined us at the door shortly after and it was a greeting filled with hugs, handshakes and the wonderful smell of food.

We settled down and placed our bags in the guest rooms upstairs, one with a bunk bed and one with two bunk beds. Mingyu rushed downstairs to help with setting up the table for lunch. We ate all together at the huge dining table as Jihoon and his parents caught up, we just listened and laughed when they were discussing about Soonyoung and his stupid doings.

After eating and looking through Jihoon’s baby pictures, his mum suddenly asked about the ‘new’ couples. “Yeah, everyone handsome in our group has a girlfriend,” Soonyoung said. “All of us are handsome, what are you saying?” Minghao said. “He’s right, all of you are handsome. I was right, Jisoo did have something for Xinyi.” Mrs Lee said. Jisoo just smiled and secretly held Xinyi’s hand, well I didn’t mean to see it, I just happen to be staring at that couple.

“But you didn’t expect Wonwoo to be with Xuan right?” Jihoon asked his mum, which she agreed to causing them to laugh. “Why? We make a good couple,” Wonwoo said chuckling. “It’s just because the two of you rarely even speak to each other, even if we were all constantly together. You were always pretty quiet unless we take about something you’re interested in. And Xuan was always with Xinyi or Mingyu,” Soonyoung said. “I was predicting Mingyu to date Xuan but I guess that wasn’t the case,” Mrs Lee said.

I gave Mingyu a disgusting look, “I’ll never date him/her,” we said that the same time. “Yah! What’s so bad about me?” he asked me. “Everything is bad,” I replied as Mingyu picked up a cushion and threw at me, only for it to be caught by Wonwoo and the cushion was flying back at him, hitting his face. We all started laughing, even Hayley was laughing and patting his forehead, asking if he was okay. “We’re close but I’ll still never date her,” Mingyu said. “Same, because his stupid,” I said. “I am not, for your information I am top in class okay?” he replied, only for Jihoon to ask him to stop bragging about it.

We decided to go to the beach since it wasn’t that far away and we wanted to go see what we could do there for tomorrow. Jihoon brought his camera along saying something about how if he doesn’t use it now it’ll rot. The beach was beautiful, since it was 4pm, it was pretty hot and people were leaving to head home. We found a bicycle renting place, it didn’t just rent out bicycles. They had rollerblades, skateboards, hover boards and many more. They even rent out helmets and safety guards.

The beach also have many water activities like jet skiing, wind-surfing and Wonwoo insisted that he wanted to try wind-surfing, so that’s what the two of us will be doing as Mingyu and Hayley tries parasailing. Xinyi couldn’t cycle, so the boys was determined to teach her how to cycle by tomorrow, we all had things to do in mind for tomorrow and decided that we should have a barbecue at the beach at night.

We found a small smoothie stand and ordered drinks, we plan to stay till the sun sets before we head back to the house. We got our drinks and were walking to find a spot to sit down and watch the sun set. A bunch of boys walked past us and when they saw Hayley, one of them whistled and Mingyu pulled Hayley by the waist closer to him.

“Stop being so pretty, I don’t like others looking at you,” Mingyu said. “Blame my mum then,” she replied sipping her drink. “Wear a turtle neck here tomorrow,” Mingyu said. “She’ll get a heat are you crazy?” Xinyi said giving Mingyu a weird look. “Don’t worry, I’ll only look at you,” Hayley said. “EW!” Soonyoung shouted causing all of us to laugh. “Sometimes, I can’t stand being with you guys, you’re all so disgusting,” Soonyoung said. Jihoon, Minghao and Jisoo nodded to that statement, “Hyung, don’t nod your head. You’re cheesy too,” Minghao said. “I’m not as bad as those two,” he said. “Please, I’ve heard many disgusting things you said. ‘Princess~’ ” Soonyoung said. Jisoo pushed him and Soonyoung started to talk about all the nonsense only he would think about.

We were sitting in a shading spot as the sky started turn orangey and pinkish. “Look!” MInghao shouted, point at the sun. “WAHH it’s so pretty!” Mingyu shouted. “Like you,” Wonwoo whispered ever so softly to me, I just smiled at him, leaning my head on your shoulder. I could see Jisoo and Xinyi taking a selca, I’ll bet you that’ll be her new wallpaper.

Jihoon was busy taking pictures of everyone and Soonyoung offered to take pictures too, so Jihoon would be in some of them. I don’t know how, the sky changed colours again, it was painted violet and blueish. The sun slowly went out of sight and my eyelids got heavier, I was leaning on Wonwoo’s shoulder and I could feel him giving me a peck on the top of my head before I allowed sleep to embrace me.

I woke up when we were walking back to Jihoon’s place, on Wonwoo’s back. Xinyi was on Jisoo’s back too, so was Jihoon on Mingyu’s. Hayley was busy playing with Jihoon’s camera and taking pictures while walking.

“Am I heavy?” I asked Wonwoo, “Oh you’re awake,” he said turning his head slightly to look at me. “No, you’re a bit to light, eat more.” He said. We soon got to Jihoon’s place and dinner was already prepared. We ate happily and watched a movie afterwards. We were all still up at 1am, but we tried to be quiet because Jihoon’s parents were asleep since they had work tomorrow. We just started watching another movie while eating our ramen. “Hey, I’ll go to sleep already. I don’t feel too good,” Xinyi told me before standing up. “You okay?” I asked, “Yea, I think I’m just tired,” she said before heading upstairs. I just nodded and said, “Goodnight, rest well.”

“What happened to Xinyi?” Jisoo asked, “I don’t know, she said she wasn’t feeling too good.” I told him. He had a worried look on his face and nodded. He turned towards the stairs, “Guys, I’ll call it a night. Don’t sleep to late ya? Good night,” he said. Everyone said their good nights to him and continued watching the movie. I threw my empty cup noodles away before joining Wonwoo on the couch.

-

Jisoo’s POV

When Xuan told me that Xinyi didn’t feel well, I suddenly felt bad. I should have noticed, she wasn’t talking as much today but when she said she was just tired, I left it that way. She did mention a headache, but I just told her to sleep it off. I should have paid more attention to her.

I ran upstairs, entering the guest room that we were sleeping in. But she wasn’t there, I frowned, exiting the room. Where is she? Then I saw the toilet lights on, I walked towards the toilet and saw she washing her face. I leaned against the wall, “You okay princess?” I asked. She nodded and walked out of the toilet, I pulled her closer to me and examined her face. She did look tired, extremely tired.

“What’s wrong is there something on my face?” she asked. “No,” I said, smiling at her. I would said something cheesy but now isn’t the time. I touched her forehead with the back of my hand, “You’re having a fever,” I said frowning. “Really? No wonder I felt cold,” she said walking back to the room. She put on my hoodie and she looked so cute in it, the hoodie was too big for her and the sleeves were so long. She laid in bed at the bottom of the bunk bed, under the blanket and was ready to go to sleep.

“I’ll go down to get you some medicine, wait here.” I said. “No, I don’t like medicine. I don’t want to take them,” she said. “But you’re sick. You need to take them to recover,” I said as I sat on the bed. “I’ll just sleep it off, I just need rest,” she said. Before I could protest, she said, “If I’m not better by tomorrow, I’ll take the medicine. Promise.” I sighed and nodded.

I joined her under the blanket and pulled her close to me, “Go to sleep then, good night princess.” I said as I kissed her forehead, feeling the heat on my lips. “Good night Jisoo,” she said before she fell asleep. “I love you,” I said, not sure if she heard it and fell asleep. 

-

 

 

 

 

 

 

HELLO :) sorry for not updating for so long but i had exams TT 

i hope you liked this chapter!! Do give feedback!! Thank you~ have a nice day !!!