Confession

Story of Us

Your POV

I didn’t know what to think anymore, I was just emotionally wrecked and everything felt so confusing. “Ah seriously, why are you crying? It’s okay, don’t cry…” Mingyu said and hugged me. I didn’t know I started crying but when he hugged me I just cried into his chest. The moment I let myself cry I know I won’t stop anytime soon, I don’t cry much so when I do it’s hard to stop. ((bless the lord for waterproof eyeliner man.)) Mingyu just kept patting my head and telling me how it’ll be okay. I feel so stupid for crying over something so small, while it seems small but to me, it’s very important.

Everything happened so fast because the next moment Mingyu was pulled away from me and I took so long to register what was going on. Wonwoo was there with his hands fisted till his knuckles turned white and Mingyu was a few metres away holding his face. Wonwoo was about to throw Mingyu another punch but Mingyu held him and literally shouted at him. “HEY CALM DOWN, STOP TRYING TO HAPKIDO MY MAN CHILL!” he pushed Wonwoo away from him and they practically glared at each other before Mingyu walked back into the ballroom. , must I really be left alone with Wonwoo right now?

After Mingyu was out of sight, Wonwoo rushed over to me and held my face in his ((oh so soft)) hands. “Are you okay? Why are you crying?” he asked as he wiped my tears away. I pushed his hands away lightly and nodded, pretending that I was okay. He looked confused at why I pushed his hands away and he just stared at me as I looked at the ground. “Why do I have a strong feeling you’re crying because of me?” he said so softly that it kind of scared me. Maybe it was because he said it so softly, his voice became even deeper. I looked at him in the eyes and he looked so hurt and guilty. Everything was so overwhelming right now I just want to run away but my feet were rooted to the ground. He suddenly hugged me, just like how Mingyu did but it feels different. He kept whispering “I’m sorry” and I could hear his heart racing. But I just cried into his chest, I was so close to exploding, my emotions were all messed up. After crying for a bit, I calm down a little but I was still crying. Wownoo wouldn’t stop apologising even though he didn’t know what he did. My face still in his chest, I finally said, “Why do you do this to me?”

-

Wonwoo’s POV

“Why do you do this to me?” Xuan said, her voice was shaky from crying. I froze, I didn’t know what I should do. I know she was crying because of me, when she looked into my eyes, I felt like someone stabbed me right in the heart. She looked so hurt and confused, I couldn’t do anything but apologised. I held her tightly in my arms, afraid that if I let go she would run away and never talk to me again. “Why do you have to make me feel so many things? You make me feel so stupid. I hate you.” She continued.

I hate you.

My heart broke, did I hurt her so much that she’d actually tell me this? I never want to hear this ever again neither do I want to see her cry again. It hurts me and I’ve never felt so bad for making a girl cry before. “I-I’m sorry Xuan, I’m so so sorry. Please…stop crying, please.” I said, I’d do anything to make it up to her. “What can I do to make it up to you? Tell me,” I said. “J-just stay like t-that for a little longer, p-please.” Xuan said, her voice was so soft and shaky, I could barely hear her. But I just held her tighter and kissed the crown of her head, I couldn’t help it.

“That…that’s exactly it.” She whispered and pulled away. “Every little thing you do, it makes my heart flutter and I hate it. I hate it so much because I can’t do anything about it,” she said and looked back down on the ground. I can’t do this anymore, I need to tell her. Without thinking I grabbed her wrist and pulled her with me. I didn’t know where I was going but I made sure to stay in the hotel, I just needed a more private place. I found a quiet corner and there wasn’t anyone around so that was good. But when we stopped walking, we just stood there. She didn’t lift her head up at all, so I did it for her. I lifted her chin up and stared right into her eyes, “Listen to me okay? This is important.” I said to her. She simply nodded so I plucked up all the courage I could and continued, “I-I like you. L-like really really like you. I know it you might not believe me. But trust me I do, it happened so suddenly I didn’t even know I liked you at first. Until a few months back, I was still in a relationship but every time we hang out at Mingyu’s place, you’ll be there and everything you do makes me feel weird. After I broke up, I just kept my feelings to myself. But I guess it was quite obvious because Mingyu found out, that’s why I got so…so mad just now. He was my best friend and he knew that I liked you, when I saw him hugging you I just broke. I never knew that my actions make you feel so many things, I never thought you’d like me back. I was afraid you wouldn’t accept me because of my past, I was a terrible person but I changed. You know that right? But, please just give me one chance. Xuan, I’ve never been so serious about someone in a really long time. Will you, b-be my girlfriend? I promise, I’ll never hurt you or make you cry ever again.” I said. My heart was racing and I honestly didn’t want to know the answer.

The few seconds felt like hours and I felt like I was going to faint. I was about to give up and just friend zone myself when she leaned in and I felt her lips on mine. I didn’t hesitate to return the kiss, this kiss felt different from all the other kisses. It was special, it wasn’t out of lust, and it just felt right. Her hand was in my hair and I pulled her closer to me if it was even possible, she pulled away after a while. Once again looking down, the both of us breathed heavily then she looked up. We stared into each other’s eyes and the looked in her eyes have changed. She looked…relieved and almost happy. Then, she smiled which made me smile, “Yeah, I’d love to be your girlfriend.” She whispered. I was so happy I could cry, I kissed her one more time before I hugged her and this time, she wasn’t crying.  She was beautiful inside out and she, was mine and I plan to keep it that way.

-

Your POV

I was over the moon, it was as if I was on a high and I can’t seem to calm down. Everything happened so quickly within an hour or so. I went to the dinner single and now I was in a relationship, Wonwoo and I returned to the ballroom hand in hand but in silence, I guess the both of us was still trying to register everything that happened. It seems so unreal, the guy I’ve been ((hardcore)) crushing on for a year finally likes me back and now we’re together. Everything just seemed too good to be true. We returned to our seats and he wouldn’t let go of my hand, trust me, I was perfectly fine with it. I wouldn’t mind super gluing our hands together. Heart breaker started playing and Soonyoung got so excited he ran to the dance floor. I remember this song, the boys choreographed a dance to this song with 4 other boys. They all slowly gathered on the dance floor, including Wonwoo and we girls sat at the table to watch the boys dance.

They danced so well and in between Mingyu winked at Hayley and she got so shy, it was really cute. Mingyu got this girl going crazy, they’re going to last long I just know it. Can I just say that Wonwoo’s dancing is very much illegal? He came back panting and sat beside me, “Did you watch me?” he said softly and I don’t know why I felt so shy when he asked that. I nodded and handed him a drink, he needed it. The dinner ended soon after and Mingyu offered to send all of us home but Wonwoo told Mingyu that he wanted to take the train with me. We waved goodbye to everyone and I saw Xinyi mouthing “Call me when you get home.” I gave her ‘okay’ sign and left with Wonwoo. It was a few minutes’ walk to the train station and we walked in silence like we always do. But the silence was more comfortable and I liked it, he suddenly held me hand interlocking them. I looked up at him and his was staring at me, my heart started racing again. “Stop it,” I said and he chuckled softly, “Stop what?” he asked. I just sighed and continued walking, it was happy sighing. We reached the train station and since it was late there wasn’t many people around. The train came within 5 minutes and we boarded it. The train was almost empty so there were many seats available, from the hotel to my place will take quite a while about half an hour or so. We sat side by side just playing with each other’s hands, looking at each other once in a while and about 15 minutes later I felt Wonwoo’s head on my shoulder. I looked up and saw him sleeping, he must be really tired so I just let him sleep. I continued playing with his fingers as he slept and he murmured something in his sleep but I couldn’t hear him. He snuggled more towards me and murmured something again but it was so soft I couldn’t hear so I just let it slide.

I got to my stop and I needed to get up, I felt really bad for waking him up but I had to go home. “W-Wonwoo, wake up. Sorry for waking you up but I need to get off,” I said as I tapped his thigh. He sat up and rubbed his eyes, I spazzed internally. “Yeah, I’m sorry I feel asleep. Okay come on, let’s get off,” he said and interlock our hands together as we walked out of the train. “Wonwoo, don’t you need to go home? I can go home by myself,” I said. “It’s late, I can’t let my girlfriend walk home by herself dressing like that,” he replied. “But like you said, it’s late. Won’t your parents be worried about you?” I asked. His expression fell and I regretted mentioning his parents, I know his family background wasn’t good but it slipped my mind. “No one’s home, its fine.” He said as he held my hand tighter. “I-I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to-” I got cut off by him, “It’s okay, don’t worry about it.” But I couldn’t help but feel bad so I tried to change the subject, “Which station do you live at? Is it very far away?” I asked. He shook his head, “We passed by already, it’s not that far away so its fine.” He said. Now I felt even worst, you mean that day when we went for lunch, he made sure that I got home before he went home. I was just so touched I didn’t know how to react.

Before I knew it we reached my front door, we just stood outside holding each other’s hands. “Go in, sleep well,” he said and smiled while ruffling my hair. “Okay, go home safely. Good night,” I said and was about to let go of his hand to walk in when he pulled me back to him. He hugged me and this time I returned it. I snuggled into the crook of his neck, “Thank you for giving me a chance, I’ll try my best to be a good boyfriend. I promise,” he whispered. I nodded my head, I was sure he would and I was already more than happy with what I have. I pulled away and finally let go of his hand as I walked into my house. Before I closed the door, I took a last look at Wonwoo and waved him goodbye. After I shut the door I just stood there and heaved a sigh of relieve, I had almost everything I wanted in life. Good grades, good friendship and Jeon Wonwoo, all that’s left is a diploma.

I quickly washed up and put plasters on my blisters, the heels were hurting my feet but I just bared with it. Then I received a message from Xinyi,

“Xinyi: Skype me”

So I set up my computer and called her. “Can you hear me?” I asked her when she answered. “Yeah, so tell me everything. I deserve to know, I’m your best friend, I need to know everything,” she said and I laughed. “Is this a joke to you?” she said. I stopped laughing and apologised, so I told her everything and by the time we were done it was 2am and we had school the next day. “The important thing is that you two are together now and as long as he treats you well then I’m fine with it,” she said as she rubbed her eyes. “Okay, let’s stop. You look tired, we have to wake up in like 4 hours.” I said and we ended the call soon after. I went to sleep with the thought of seeing Wonwoo tomorrow, and I was pretty sure I went to sleep smiling. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

it's a quick update but this part is important so i had to update it today:))

i hope you enjoyed this chapter, feedback would be appreciated!! Thank you for reading:-)