"Sick" Girlfriend

Story of Us

Jisoo POV

Lunch in school felt super different without Xinyi around, as if something was missing. I’d usually be walking back to our table with 2 trays, one for me, one for her. Now I only have one, I was walking back to our table with Jihoon, “Did Xinyi come to school today?” he asked. I shrugged, “I don’t think so, I haven’t heard from her,” I replied and Jihoon just nodded.

After we all settled down to eat, Minghao asked about Xinyi and everyone stared at me then at Xuan. Figuring that one of us would know what happened to her, “Oh, uh. Xinyi isn’t feeling well, so she stayed at home,” Xuan announced. I just nodded and continued eating, what was she down with? Has she seen a doctor yet? Is she okay?

The group were just talking about school work and Soonyoung suddenly mentioned the annual talent show. The annual talent show was coming up and Soonyoung was considering to participate, he wanted to participate last year but he sprained his ankle a week before auditions and didn’t get the chance to enter for it. This year, Minghao and Soonyoung decided to give it a shot with Junhui and a junior, who goes by the name Dino. “When are the auditions?” Mingyu asked, “In 3 weeks and we’ll have to come up with a choreography by next week,” Soonyoung said. We all said we’re going to support them, Wonwoo and Mingyu said they’ll help with the choreography if needed.

Suddenly, my phone vibrated, twice. I quickly unlocked my phone revealing 2 text messages from Xinyi.

Princess

Princess

I was busy texting back when the bell rang, signalling the end of lunch break. “ without you here :( I got to go for class, lunch break just ended. Take care, love you ;)”

I went to my locker to take my chemistry textbook and Jihoon was waiting for me so that we could go to class together. We entered the class and our teacher was already inside, she always arrives earlier than most students so that she can start lessons straight away. I couldn’t pay attention because I was worrying about Xinyi, knowing her, she won’t take any medicine or see the doctor. She doesn’t like drinking water either which won’t help at all if she’s sick.

“Jisoo…take down some notes, you’ve been staring at nothing for the past 5 minutes.” Jihoon whispered to me, I nodded and tried to take down whatever the teacher said. “What are you thinking so deeply about anyways? This is so unlike you,” he asked. “Ah…its nothing,” I replied, he shrugged and just continued taking down notes.

I should go visit Xinyi after school, buy her some food and go over to take care of her. Her parents are out of town working this week, there’s no one home look after her.

So after school, I went over to buy her chicken stew, then I dropped by the convenient store to buy her a bottle of green tea. After that I took the bus to her place, I stood in front of her door as I took my shoes off. I pressed the doorbell and waited for her to open the door, no one answered so I pressed the doorbell again. This time, Xinyi opened the door slowly, “J-Jisoo? What are you doing here?” she had her hair down and she looked so shocked. “I bought you chicken stew, can I come in?” I asked and she stepped aside for me to enter. I placed the food on the table and she went to the kitchen to bring out 2 bowls and a pair of utensils.

We sat together at her dining table and ate the stew, “Are you feeling better? I was really worried about you,” I told her, she nodded and continued having the stew. “So, how was school?” she asked as I handed her the bottle of green tea. I told her about everything the group talked about, “Soonyoung and Minghao are going to audition for the talent show. Along with Junhui and a junior…I don’t know if you’ve heard of him, Dino.”

We finished the stew and I washed the two bowls as I forced Xinyi to rest. I tried to make her drink water but she just wouldn’t, “Gosh Jisoo, stop forcing me before I slap you (she says this a lot as a joke),” she said. “But princess, you’re sick…” I replied. “No Jisoo, I’m not. I just felt really tired from school so I just decided to skip a day… Sorry ok? I didn’t mean to lie to you,” she said. So she wasn’t really sick? That’s good news…right? “It’s okay, good thing you’re not sick. I was so worried, but if you felt stressed out or exhausted from school. You can talk to me, you know that right princess? I’m always here for you,” I said to her. These words just slipped out, I never planned to say anything like this at all. But everything I said was true, I don’t want her to keep her feelings to herself. I’m her boyfriend, I want to help her distress when things just gets too much to handle and listen when she needs to rant.

“Okay. I will but now can we just go to bed…I’m really tired,” she said cutely as she rubbed her eyes. “Alright princess, let’s go.” I replied and pulled her closer to me by the waist as we walked to her bedroom. I laid down on her bed first, then her. She placed her head on my chest and I pulled her closer, kissing the crown of her head as I did. We stayed like that in silence, until she snuggled even closer to me and that’s when I know she’s asleep.

I’ve never been great with relationships, haven’t dated many girls. But I know that, I’d want to treat my girlfriend like a princess because she deserves all the love from me. Xinyi, deserves all the love from me, she’s so precious to me and I’d never want to hurt her. The day I finally told her I liked her, I never felt happier about myself because now I have her. And she has me.

Xinyi stirred in her sleep and mumbled something that I didn’t quite catch. I pulled her even closer to me, if it was possible. My eyelids got heavier and I started dozing off, “I love you princess.” After a minute or two, I drifted off to sleep. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

super short chapter, I'm sorry T-T 

OK I'll do better next time, do give feedback!! It'll be much appreciated :)

Till Chap 11 bye~