Beach Day 2

Story of Us

Xinyi’s POV

“I love you,” yes I heard you Hong Jisoo, I love you too.

I remember sleeping comfortably in Jisoo’s arms and waking up shivering under the blanket. I was sweating but I felt so cold, my head was pounding and I couldn’t hold back the feeling of puking. I pushed myself up and got out of bed. I rushed to the toilet, crouching over the toilet bowl and threw up. I didn’t even turn on the lights and I couldn’t see anything.

I heard hurried footsteps coming towards me, the lights were and I could see Jisoo’s worried face through my squinted eyes.

My head was still pounding and my mouth tasted bitter from the vomit but I couldn’t help but wonder how someone look so adorable when he just woke up. He cleaned my mouth with tissue paper and flushed the toilet, helping me up. “We should see a doctor,” he said, voice still hoarse from his slumber. He brushed strains of my hair out of my face and tugged them behind my ear, “I hate going to the doctors,” I said. “I hate seeing you sick, so we’re going tomorrow.” He said.

I went downstairs to drink some water to get rid of the bitter taste in my mouth. “It taste disgusting,” I said after drinking the water. Jisoo chuckled, “Water doesn’t have a taste,” he said. I took a glance at the clock in the living room, 4.18am. “Let’s go back to sleep, you still need to go to the beach later.” I said pulling Jisoo up the stairs. “I’m not going anymore, I’ll stay here to take care of you,” he said. “What, no. Go have fun, I’ll be okay on my own,” I said. “I can go to the beach anytime I want, it’s not going to run away. You’re more important,” he said, tugging me into bed.

Why is he so sweet? “You sure?” I asked when he laid beside me. “Yes, I’m sure.” He said pulling me closer to him. He probably couldn’t see me blushing which I’m grateful for, “Thank you,” I whispered. He replied with a forehead kiss and I slowly fell asleep.

-

Your POV

It was 8am in the morning and everyone was busy getting ready to go to the beach. The boys were all in tank tops and we packing towels and food while Hayley and I were making sandwiches in the kitchen. After making the sandwiches we handed it to Minghao who packed them into his bag. We went to change into our beach outfits and were ready to go.

Hayley was wearing a black sports bra with a white muscle tank top and shorts, she had her shades hooked at the centre of her muscle tank and was braiding her hair again. I wore my white crop top over my grey sports bra and black shorts, I tied my hair up in a bun and was ready to go.

Jisoo and Xinyi wouldn’t be joining us since Xinyi was sick, which was sad but they promised to join us for the barbeque later. We were about to leave when Jisoo came down the stairs with his hair bed hair looking exhausted. “Hey Jihoon, can you give me the address to the nearest clinic? I’m bringing Xinyi to the doctor’s later,” he said rubbing the back of his neck. Jihoon texted him the address and he thanked him. “Have fun at the beach guys, we’ll see you later,” Jisoo said before heading to the kitchen. We said our goodbyes and headed out.

We were walking to the beach and chatting happily talking about how we can’t wait to do all the cool activities. We arrived at the beach and since it was a weekday, there weren’t really many people around. We placed our things at a shady area and the boys were already running towards the sea.

They were like kids, splashing water at each other and making a whole lot of noise. Hayley and I just sat there watching them, “Baby, join us!!” Mingyu shouted, waving at Hayley signalling her to join them. She stood up and walked nearer to the sea, she wasn’t planning to get wet, and I could tell by how she walked deep enough for the water to only reach her thighs. But knowing the boys, they weren’t going to let her leave without getting soaked.

With that said, Soonyoung started splashing water at her, “HEY!! STOP, ouch I can’t see. Gyu!!” she shouted as they all started splashing water at her. When they finally stopped, Hayley pushed Soonyoung, causing him to fall into the water. Hayley started laughing and they were just having fun. I somehow felt like a mother watching over her children. Hayley slowly walked back as I walked to her, handing her a towel. I was going to walk back with her when Wonwoo called out to me. “Babe,” he said and I turned around. “Give me a hug,” he said with a smirk on his face. His arms were wide open, welcoming me to his embrace. He was also soaked, his hair dripping wet and walking closer and closer to me.

“Jeon Wonwoo, don’t you dare,” I said backing away. “Come to me,” he said smiling even wider than before. “In your dreams!” I said before turning and running away. I could hear him chasing me and I knew he would have caught up to me in a matter of seconds but it didn’t hurt to try.

“Caught you!” he shouted hugging me from behind, soaking my shirt from behind. He carried me and spun me around, “Let me go!” I said hitting his arms, he walked into the sea still carrying me. “You sure you want me to let go?” he asked. Before I could reply, he dropped me into the sea and laughed at me. I got wet and I’m pretty sure a mouth full of sea water went into my mouth. I stood up after much difficulty and splashed water at Wonwoo.

We continued playing in the sea until we got hungry and went back to our shady spot for a snack. “Ah I’m hungry, mother give me some food.” Soonyoung said flapping his arms like a baby bird with his mouth open. “Who’s your mother?” Jihoon asked, and stuffed a sandwich in Soonyoung’s mouth. He took a bite and smiled at Jihoon, a sign of gratitude.

After our little snack, we each went to do our little activity while Minghao and Jihoon went to put our belongings in the lockers provided at the changing rooms. Soonyoung went to rent bicycles for the 3 of them as Mingyu and Hayley went for parasailing. Wonwoo and I headed for wind surfing, honestly I was pretty scared. I didn’t know what to expect, what if I fell into the water and drown? Even if I knew how to swim, you never know right?

“Xuan? Hello, anyone home?” Wonwoo said lightly knocking my head. “Huh? Y-yes?” I asked turning to face him. “You okay? You kinda just zoned out. What were you thinking about?” he asked. We were getting closer to the wind surfing stall, I gulped. “Nothing, just never mind let’s go have fun,” I said pulling him into the stall, even though I internally screaming.

He just chuckled and turned to the person at the counter, asking about the price for 2 people and about the safety precautions. I just stood there and listened, especially to the safety precautions. He paid and smiled at the worker, “Babe, go put on your life vest.” Wonwoo said, passing me a smaller life vest then the one he had on. I nodded and wore it, we walked back to the beach where we were going to be taught on how to wind surf before we actually go wind surfing.

They had 3 surfing boards with huge colourful sails on them that was held up by wooden planks. There were a couple of really buffed looking man standing around and talking until the worker from the counter called out for 2 of them to help coach us.

I held onto Wonwoo’s hand before we went to our respective coaches, “I’m scared,” I whispered to him. He smiled at me and patted my head, “There’s nothing to be afraid of alright? I’m here, now go your coach is waiting.” He said pushing me lightly towards my coach.

“Hi, I’m Sungyoon. Nice to meet you,” he said as he stuck his hand out. “I’m Xuan, nice to meet you.” I said shaking his hand. “Is this your first time wind surfing?” he asked as he went up onto the wooden plank and adjusted the sail. “Yea, is it scary?” I asked as he pulled me up onto the wooden plank. “If you worry too much then you’ll always think that it’s scary. But no worries, you’ll have fun.” He said smiling at me.

Alright, I have to be honest this guy was pretty cute, not that I had feelings for him. He was just, cute. “Let’s start,” he said pulling me to the surf board. He guided me step by step, telling be to look out for how I’m standing and how much weight I’m putting onto each side of the surf board. I looked at Wonwoo and saw that he was doing fine, he seems as if he was ready to start which pressured me learn faster.

Sungyoon was a great coach, he would praise me when I’m doing well. Even if I did the wrong thing, he’ll just laugh it off and correct me. The wind was getting strong and the sail flapped along with it, I surfboard started to move and I grabbed onto Sungyoon’s arm, afraid of falling off the wooden plank. He pulled the sail to straighten it and laughed at me.

“It’s not funny,” I said hitting his back, he just laughed harder. He continued helping and teaching until he thought I was ready to go. “You ready?” he asked, tightening my life vest. “No, I think I’m going to die,” I said holding on tightly to the straps of my life vest. He chuckled and patted my back, “You won’t, now let’s go,” he said helping me down the wooden plank.

-

Wonwoo’s POV

I got a hang of wind surfing pretty quickly and my coach was pretty cool, he taught me well. I looked over at Xuan, she was struggling a bit. She had a nervous look on her face, grabbing onto the handle like her life depends on it.

However, I didn’t like Xuan’s coach, Sungyoon? Or whatever I heard him say his name was. It wasn’t because he was handsome, I mean compared to me? I’d say I win. Right? I hated the way he would subtly touch Xuan when she was distracted. I get it, he was teaching her and he had to help position her correctly. But did he really need to hold her waist like that? I don’t know if Xuan was oblivious or if she just didn’t mind someone touching her like that.

I was pretty much ready, so I just chatted with my coach for a bit, trying to avoid looking at Xuan. The wind got stronger and the sails were all flapping along with it at a quick rate. I heard a tiny shout and turned to look at where the sound came from.

I saw Xuan, holding onto Sungyoon and him laughing at her. If I was a stranger, I would have thought they were a couple. I knew Xuan was a nice girl and she’d be really comfortable with everyone and anyone she met. But I hated how they actually looked good together. I glared at Sungyoon and balled my hand into a fist. I wanted to punch him square in the face so hard for making me so angry, yes I was jealous. How can I not be?

After about 10 minutes, Xuan came down of the wooden plank and was finally ready to start. The wind was a lot more gentle now which was safer for beginners like us. Sungyoon was tightening Xuan’s life guard for her, I wanted to swat his hands away from him. But I stayed at where I was, pretending to look at something else.

How? How can Xuan not notice that he was being way too comfortable around her? I didn’t want to but somehow, my anger went from Sungyoon to Xuan. Trust me I still wanted to punch Sungyoon, but now, I don’t even feel like wind surfing anymore. At least not with her.

“You ready to go?” Xuan walked over to me with a small smile on her face. I would have smiled back or even put my arm over her shoulders but I walked past her towards our surfboard that were placed near the sea, “Yea, took you long enough,” I said and was going to start.

I was already on the waters and pulled my sail up, I started without her. I couldn’t face her, not now. I need to calm down, who knows what I could do when I’m angry. The scenery was beautiful and I could see Xuan struggling with her sail but she got a hang of things after a while. After about 15 minutes, I headed back to shore, my coach came over and patted my back. Telling me that I did well and I thanked him for teaching me. But all I wanted to do now was leave, Sungyoon helped Xuan off the surfboard, as if she couldn’t step off the surfboard by herself. I rolled my eyes and walked back to the stall.

I was being a little but I couldn’t help it. Xuan caught up to me as I returned my life vest to the worker at the counter and thanking him before leaving. Xuan did the same and was trying to catch up to me. I could sense her urge to talk to me but I remained quiet and continued walking back to collect my things from the changing room, with Xuan trailing behind me.

I guess the awkwardness got to her and she pulled me by the wrist, stopping me from walking any further. I didn’t turn to face her, so she came and stood in front of me. “Did I do something wrong? Why are you avoiding me?” she asked frown slightly. I turned my head to look at the sea, trying to calm myself down. I didn’t want to say anything to hurt her, I was still mad and I could be rather blunt and hurtful with my words.

“Nothing, I’m just…tired.” I lied, walking past her, bumping into her shoulder. “Nice try Wonwoo,” she said following me again. “What’s wrong? Why are you being so cold all of a sudden?” she asked, her tone revealed her frustration. I was frustrated too, no beyond that. “Oh, I don’t know. Why don’t you go ask Sungyoon?” I said, turning to face her. There was a look of confusion on her face, “Stop pretending as if you don’t know what I’m talking about. Don’t tell me you really haven’t noticed,” I said. “Notice what?” she asked me.

I let out a chuckle, “So you’d allow any guy to just grab you by the waist? Sungyoon was touching you as if you two were a couple, Mingyu doesn’t even touch you like that.” I said. “He was just helping me, he didn’t have any other intentions. He’s a nice person, he wouldn’t do anyt-”

“Sure, if his so nice go back to him then,” I said cutting her off. She frowned, looking at me in disbelief. “He was really just helping me, why are you getting so mad about it? You were the one who wanted to do windsurfing anyways,” she said. “If you didn’t want to you could have just said so.” I said, we were just staring at each other for God knows how long.

“Just do whatever you want, I leaving. I don’t really want to talk to you as of now.” I said, turning around and walking away. I kept walking, not turning around once. I wasn’t as angry anymore, I just needed time and distance, then I heard footsteps. They weren’t getting louder or closer to me, but quieter and further away. I turned around to see if Xuan really walked off, then I saw her with her head down and getting further and further away from me. My heart ached, it did. I wanted to run to her, hug her and apologise endlessly for getting mad at her.

I couldn’t control my emotions and actions when I’m angry and whatever I said did hurt her feelings. It wasn’t her fault, Sungyoon was just trying to help her. When she told me she was scared, I should have backed out and choose something else to do. I was the one at fault but I decided to vent all my angry and jealousy on her.  

I never got jealous over my previous girlfriends, maybe because I never took them seriously. But in Xuan’s case, I didn’t like anyone near her. At times, I even got jealous of MIngyu and the fact that Sungyoon was so close to Xuan the moment they started talking stirred this feeling of jealousy in me. It took me so much to get comfortable around Xuan but that never happens to anyone else. I turned around and walked to the changing room, why do I miss her already? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hellooo~ okay here's another update. It was pretty rushed and I'm sorry for any errors. 

Do give feedback!! Thank you for reading :)