Asked Out

Story of Us

Wonwoo’s POV

The phone was ringing loudly and I yawned as I reached for it. We must have slept for quite a bit because it was dark and Xuan was still sleeping, I placed her head on my pillow and ran to pick up the phone. “Hello?” I said. Mingyu was over the phone shouting at me about how long he had been calling me for. “Sorry man, I fell asleep. So what’s up?” I said. “Is Xuan with you? Xinyi has been looking for her all afternoon but she wouldn’t pick up her phone. At first she needed her help but now she’s just worried she got kidnapped or something,” he explained over the phone. I told him that Xuan was safe with me and she was still napping, after that we hung up and I went back to my bed.

I sat on my bed just staring at her, she was breathing slowly and she seemed so peaceful. I honestly felt so blessed to have someone like her by my side. The only person I cried in front of comfortably was Mingyu and I’ve never cried in front of anyone else, not even my dad. But I didn’t feel embarrassed to cry in front of her at all, she comforted me and ensured I was okay. I am touched and again blessed to have her. I don’t know how long I’ve been staring at her for but the phone rang again, pulling my attention away from my girlfriend.

“Hello?” I said. “Good, it’s you. Where’s Xuan?” Xinyi asked. “Well, hello to you too. She’s still asleep, why?” I asked. “How can you just kidnap my friend like that and you slept together?! Oh my God, get away from her. You’re so ugly,” she half shouted half said. Then I heard someone yawn, Xuan woke up and dragged herself out of my bed. I told her it was Xinyi and she immediately snatched the phone away from me.

-

Your POV

“Hello” I said to Xinyi over the phone. “DID YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I CALLED YOU? AND YOU JUST WON’T PICK UP, I THOUGHT YOU DIED!” Xinyi shouted over the phone. “Listen, I’m sorry. I fell asleep and my phone is downstairs. Did you need something?” I explained. “Not anymore. Anyways I’m glad you’re still alive. Pick up your phone next time, bye.”

I handed the phone back to Wonwoo and plopped back on his bed, I heard him laughed then the right side of the bed sank down. “Are you still tired?” he asked as he my hair, I nodded and flipped myself around to look at him. I guess he did feel better after crying, he looked livelier and happier. “What time is it?” I asked, he looked at his watch and replied, “8pm, we can get dinner before you leave.” He replied and I nodded. We decided on pizza and he called pizza hut to order 2 regular pizzas for us. Wonwoo gave me his shirt to change into since I was still in my uniform, the shirt smelled like him. While we waited for the pizza to arrive, he said we would go take a shower so I waited in the living room.

After 15 minutes or so, I heard the toilet door open and Wonwoo walking down the steps. I was too engrossed in the new game Soonyoung and Minghao introduced to me to notice that Wonwoo was already sitting beside me. “, I died.” I locked my phone and turned towards Wonwoo. A very shirtless Wonwoo, he had the towel hung around his neck as he was drying his hair. I turned away, my face probably as red as a tomato. “Why is your ears so red? Xuan, are you okay?”  

Is he doing this on purpose? “Put on a shirt,” I said still closing my eyes. I heard him laugh then I peeked at him to see if he had a shirt on. He was wearing a sleeveless basketball jersey, “You can open your eyes now,” he said. I did and leaned back on the sofa, he was still drying his hair with his towel when I doorbell suddenly rang. “FINALLY FOOD!” he shouted before running to the door and opening it.

-

I ate my whole box of pizza and was super full, so was Wonwoo. He brought us both drinks as we just sat on the sofa, my head on his shoulder. “This is nice,” I said as we stared at nothing, just enjoying being close to each other. “It is. Just us, together. It feels right,” he replied with his eyes closed. He breathed out, he seemed really relaxed and he grinned. He sat up which made me sit up too, “It’s 10pm, as much as I’d like you to stay over for the night. I won’t do that just yet, it’s late. Let’s get you home,” he said and stood up.

We walked to the train station and he wanted to bring me all the way home but I rejected his offer. “It’s late okay? Go home and rest, I can go home by myself,” I said. “Okay, fine. Here, take my jacket, it’ll get cold while you’re walking home,” he said as he took off his jacket and putting it on for me. After this, the train came and Wonwoo gave me an peck on my forehead before I walked into the cabin. Right before the doors closed, he shouted “Call me when you get home!” the doors closed and started moving. I waved at him and he waved back, he slowly became smaller and was soon out of sight.

I got to my stop after 10 minutes, I walked home in silence. The walk was quiet, cold and really dark. The only thing that brought me warmth was Wonwoo’s jacket, I played was the over-sized jacket all the way till I reached home. It smelled like him and it was so soft and cuddly, gosh it’s really nice.

I opened the doors of my house, it was dark and quiet. I took my shoes off and quickly washed up, I took a quick shower before I plopped into bed. I’m planning to sleep in Wonwoo’s jacket tonight, its Saturday tomorrow so I can finally sleep in. My phone suddenly rang, call from “BbyJeon<3” , I forgot to call him.

You: Hello?

Ww: Hey babe, you home yet?

You: Yes, sorry I didn’t call you. I…forgot.

Ww: I didn’t know I was so forgettable

You: I’m sorry…

Ww: I’m kidding baby, hey are you free tomorrow?

You: Yeah, why?

Ww: I’ll pick you up at 10am, is that okay?

You: Sure, but where are we going?

Ww: Goodnight baby, sleep well~

You: You didn’t answer me…

Ww: You’ll know tomorrow, good night

You: Okay, good night. Sweet dreams~

Ww: Bye

You: Bye

I hanged up and literally melted, he just asked me out. I felt like I was floating, I’m so happy and now I don’t even feel sleepy anymore. The only thing on my mind is what I would wear tomorrow. I spent another hour thinking of what to wear before I went to sleep. I can’t wait for tomorrow, it’s our very first date. I was lying in bed thinking about Wonwoo and how we spent the day today, I understood him better now. He’s wonderful, I really like him, a lot. My eyelids got heavier and I slowly drifted off to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

another short chapter, i promise the next one will be longer and more interesting 

please do give feedback:)

I'm sorry again for the 2 lousy chapters, the next one will be better. Please anticipate it!!