Mother

Story of Us

Wonwoo’s POV

My alarm rang at 5.30am and I wanted to throw the damn clock away for disturbing my sleep. But I knew that if I didn’t wake up I’d be late for school but 5 more minutes wouldn’t hurt right? Wrong, instead of 5 minutes I slept for almost half an hour and school starts at 6.45am. I was left with 40 minutes to prepare and go to school. I would love to gel my hair neatly but I didn’t have time for that today. I washed up, wore my uniform, grabbed my bag and left for school.

Luckily the train came on time if not I’d be late, when I stepped into school the bell rang. I hurried to class and sat beside Mingyu, the teacher walked in and we started class. “Why were you so late today?” Mingyu asked, I told him I overslept and rushed all the way here. “Explains your hair, here let me help you,” he said as he ‘styled’ my hair, Mingyu does this a lot and his hair was always on point. I murmured a thank you and started to concentrate in class.

Well, at least I tried to. Xuan just wouldn’t leave my mind and I just couldn’t concentrate, I was daydream until the teacher suddenly called me. “Jeon Wonwoo, if you wouldn’t mind please answer this question and PAY attention in my class,” Mr Kwon said sternly. With the help of smartass gyu, I managed to answer the question correctly. “What were you thinking so deeply about?” Mingyu asked me and I just shook my head to avoid his questions.

1 more hour of history before lunch break and for the first time I was actually looking forward to the lesson because Xuan was in my history class. I was the first few in class and I waited for Xuan to arrive. When she came in she was talking to this other girl which I don’t know of, when she turned towards my direction I smiled at her and she walked over. “Hey there beautiful.”

-

Your POV

“Hey there beautiful,” Wonwoo said when I sat beside him. I swear to God I almost died from him calling me beautiful. “Hi, how’s your day so far?” I asked. And he told me about how he was almost late and I felt bad because he went home late and probably overslept because of me. The teacher walked in and lesson started.

Throughout the lesson Wonwoo kept doing weird and funny things to make me laugh, we almost got sent out of class. When we finally stopped fooling around and started copying down the notes, he held my hand under the table and kissed my knuckles. I was probably blushing so badly, my face was so hot and I tried to contain my feelings.

The bell finally rang which means it was lunch break, I packed my things and was waiting for Wonwoo to be ready. He carried his backpack on his left shoulder and interlock our hands together as we walked to the canteen. We spotted the boys with Xinyi and Hayley and walked towards them. From a far I saw Soonyoung’s shocked expression as he shouted, “YAH YAH HOLD ON THERE’S SOMETHING GOING ON BETWEEN THOSE TWO THAT I DON’T KNOW ABOUT!!” then jihoon literally slapped him to make him shut up and sit back down because everyone in the canteen was staring. Why is he my friend?? Wonwoo was just smiling from ear to ear and held me closer to him.

We sat down and ‘announced’ that we were together and Soonyoung and Minghao cheered and did a little dance then hugged each other. Jihoon had enough of them and hissed, “If the 2 of you don’t stop now, I will hit you with my guitar so hard your eyebrows will fall off.” they immediately stopped and ate their food quietly. Jihoon was a great person but, everyone has a scary side right?

Lessons soon resumed and Wonwoo and I went separate ways. My last lesson was with Mingyu and Minghao. Minghao sits with another classmate named, Junhui and I sat with Mingyu. In the middle of the lesson, Mingyu suddenly said, “I’m glad things worked out for you two.” And I apologised on behalf of Wonwoo for the punch, he laughed and said that it was okay. Lessons soon ended and I walked out of class to my locker after beading the giant goodbye.

I was at my locker putting away the useless stuff when I received a text,

“Wonwoo: Where are you?”

“To Wonwoo: I’m at my locker, why?”

And I continued packing my stuff until someone back hugged me. “Because I wanted to know where you were so that I could do this,” Wonwoo said. I almost dropped my book because of this idiot and the cheesiness was killing me. “Wonwoo, stop I need to keep my books,” I said and he released me and leaned against the locker beside mine. After I packed my things I just looked at him, expecting him to say something. “So…what are we going to do now?” I asked. “Umm…do you want to go to my place? There’s no one home and I get bored easily…” he said. “Okay lets go.” I said as we walked out of school to the train station.

Wonwoo lived 2 stations away from me so the train ride wasn’t too long, we walked to his house from the train station which took about 5 minutes or so. His house was slightly bigger than mine and beautifully decorated, “Your house is really nice.” I said to him, he walked in and threw his bag at the corner out the living room and I did too. “Nice and lonely, there’s really nothing to do here,” he said walking into the kitchen. I knew that Wonwoo was the only child and his parents were always busy, his situation was similar to mine but he got it worse because his parents never comes home except during the holidays.

He got us something to eat and after that we decided to watch a movie in the living room. It was something Sci-fi which I’m not really interested in but if Wonwoo wanted to watch it then it’s okay. 15 minutes into the movie and I was already dozing off, I felt really bad but Sci-fi really isn’t my cup of tea. Wonwoo caught me dozing off and said, “Sorry, is this movie boring?” I shook my head quickly and sat up straight. Slapping myself mentally to keep myself awake, suddenly the TV was turned off and Wonwoo when to off the switches to the TV console. “Come on, let’s go up to my room, we’ll find something to do. I’ve watched that movie countless times already,” he said as he dragged me up the stairs and into his room.

His bed had a creamed coloured bed sheet and was queen sized, his room was decorated simply and it had a study table near his door. His room revolved around black and white/cream, it gave off a comfortable feeling and I liked it. He plopped down and his bed as I observed his room. He had a dresser next to his bed with pictures of him and his dad, he looks really cute in those pictures considering that he was about 3-4 years old in many of them. I picked one picture up, in the picture he was crying and his dad was trying to comfort him, Wonwoo even looks cute crying, life is unfair. “Why were you crying in this picture?” I asked and he sat up to look at the picture, he smiled and told me that he fell down so his dad was trying to get him to stop crying. “I was a huge cry baby and I’d cry over every little thing, it was dumb.”

We talked more about the pictures in the room until I realised that there wasn’t a single picture of his mum with him. “What about your mum? She doesn’t like taking pictures?” I asked still looking at one of the pictures at one on his dresser. He kept quiet and didn’t say anything for a bit, I turned around and he was just playing with his fingers. , his mum must be a sensitive topic gosh Xuan remember to never talk about his mum ever again. “Wonwoo…you okay?” I asked as I sat beside him on his bed, he nodded and looked up. His eyes were tearing and I panicked but try not to let it show, “M-my mum…she passed away a few months back i-in Hong Kong. I kept all the pictures I took with her in the store because I was afraid th-that if I saw the pictures, I’d j-just breakdown again,” he struggled to say.

I don’t know Wonwoo’s family background well but I do know that his mum gave him a lot of support and love even when she was overseas working. He was close to his dad too but it was obvious he preferred his mum. When I looked at him, his head was hung low and sniffles could be heard. Seeing him like this just broke my heart, I started tearing too and within a few seconds his body shook and the sniffles got louder.

I couldn’t do anything but embrace him, he cried onto my shoulders and I just held him. He hugged me back, his hands were on my waist and he held on so tight. He must have held all of this in for a long time because knowing Wonwoo, he was never the type to cry. And we just stayed like that till he calmed down, he had stopped crying but he said he waited to stay in this position for a while so we did.

He finally sat up and looked at me, he didn’t speak so I did, “You feeling better?” I asked. “Yeah, thank you for you know…that. I just really miss my mum and I can’t seem to move on. I don’t want to believe that she’s really gone and that I couldn’t do anything to get her back.” He said. He leaned his back against his pillow and sighed, I laid on his chest as I listened to his heartbeat. “You don’t have to go through this alone alright? I’m your girlfriend and I’ll be here whenever you need me. I promise, everything will be better as time passes okay? Don’t worry about it,” I said. He looked at me and leaned in, we shared a short kiss before he pulled away. “Thank you Xuan,” he said and pulled me closer to him. I think we were both tired because the next thing I knew, everything went black. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

sorry its really short, even though my exams are over i was still busy with some stuff. 

I'll update a better chapter next time :( i still hope you liked this chapter