First Date

Story of Us

Your POV

I woke up on my own, it was 8.26am and I was supposed to wake up at 8.45am but it’s okay. I have more time to prepare. I brushed my teeth and washed up, took a quick bath and went downstairs to make breakfast. I didn’t eat much, just a cup of milk and a chocolate chip cookie.

After my light breakfast, I went back upstairs to do my makeup. I never really put on makeup so I didn’t apply too heavy makeup. Just the basics, eyeliner, mascara, lip gloss and a little blush. I decided to wear a black crop top with light blue ripped jeans, now the problem was my hair. Do I let it down? Or tie it up? My hair was pretty wavy today, it would look better it I let it down. Yeah, okay, I’m ready. I looked at the time, 9.02am, 58 more minutes.

The fact that I had so much time left made things worse, I kept checking if I looked okay. I wanted to look my best for Wonwoo because that boy looks good no matter what he wears. He could wear a trash bag and still look good. 9.41am, as 10am comes closer, I had butterflies in my stomach and I felt super nervous. It’s not like we never hung out before, but this time is different. It’s our first date and I had no idea where we were going or what we’ll be doing. I was just letting my thoughts run wild about all the places we could possibly go when the doorbell suddenly rang.

I froze at the spot for almost a whole minute then I ran downstairs to open the door. I opened the door to Wonwoo staring at the ground, then up at me. “Hey babe, I thought you were still asleep, you took so long to answer the door,” he said as I just stared at him. He looked wonderful, he was wearing a white V-neck and black skinny jeans with a grey hoodie over the shirt. “Sorry, I was upstairs getting ready,” I said as he came into my house after kissing my forehead. “Do you want a drink?” I said walking into my kitchen as he sat on the sofa already making himself at home. “Water is fine, thanks babe,” he said.

“Your house is really cosy, I love it,” he said after taking a sip from the cup of water. “Then come here more often. My dad is in Beijing and I’ll be really lonely,” I said. “Yeah, sure. I’ll come over more often.” He said. I finished getting ready and went upstairs to grab my black flap bag before I went downstairs to Wonwoo again. “You ready babe?” he asked as I walked down the stairs. “Yeah, let’s go,” I said as I went to open the door.

We put on our shoes and Wonwoo held my hand as we started walking. We stopped in front of a black motorbike, “Put this on, you’ll need this.” Wonwoo said handing me a helmet. I never knew he knew how to ride a bike, and now I’m glad I decided on jeans instead of a skirt. I placed the helmet on and wonwoo pulled the strap to ensure it was on securely. He got on and turned to me, “Hop on.”

I sat behind him and held his waist, no more of hugged his waist. “Hold on tight,” he said and off we went. I’ve only been on a motorbike once, when I went to Thailand with my dad and we had to rent a bike to travel around. He was going pretty fast and I held onto him tighter, about 15 more minutes of travelling, he stopped. We both got off and I took off my helmet and handed it back to Wonwoo. He looked at me and chuckled, “Why are you laughing?” I asked. He shook his head and tidied my hair for me, “You just look cute.” He held my hand once again as we started walking.

“Where are we?” I asked. “We’re reaching there soon, just wait a little.” He replied. We walked for about 5 minutes as we talked about life I guess, he asked about my parents. And well, I told him about my family background and everything. His more open now, and the fact that his comfortable talking about our families just makes us a lot closer.

-

 

“We’re here!!” Wonwoo said excitingly and ran towards the ice skating ring. I caught up to him, he was laughing softly like a child, he looked at me and smiled. I smiled back, “Let’s go get our skates, come on!” he said and pulled me to the counter. Wonwoo is really excited and I can’t stop laughing over how cute he is acting. We wore our skates and waddled our way to the skating ring, I haven’t skated in years and I was a little nervous. Wonwoo stepped in and skated steadily, he was now a few metres away from me. I was still holding onto the edge, afraid of falling on my and hurting myself.

“Come on babe, hold my hand.” He said and held both my hands. How does the word ‘babe’ just flow out his mouth so easily? “No, I’ll fall.” I said as I tried to balance on my skates, the ice never felt so slippery before. He pulled me towards him slowly and I tried to skate but I slipped.

I screamed and waited for my to hit the hard ice below me but the impact never came. “I caught you, you’re fine,” I heard wonwoo say, he helped me stand straight again and we just stared I into each other’s eyes. He smiled then said, “See, there’s nothing to worry about. I’ll catch you.” I nodded and held onto his shoulders. He automatically held my waist, his fingers against my bare skin ((note: I was wearing a crop top)) and we slowly skated around.

I let go of him after I got back my very basic skating skills and started skating slowly by myself. Wonwoo skated beside me, and he stayed close afraid that I might fall. I almost fell again but Wonwoo grabbed my hand preventing me from falling. Thank God for Jeon Wonwoo. I skated faster after I became more steady on the ice, “Xuan, don’t go too fast. You’ll fall,” I heard Wonwoo say.

I continued skating as I turned around to look at him and he sped up. Seeing that he was chasing me, I tried to skate faster. He got to me really quickly and back hugged me as we continue gliding across the ice. “Caught you,” he whispered into my ear. We were both chuckling and he just held onto me tightly, I leaned onto him a little. I relaxed in his embrace and he wrapped his arms around me tighter. “You’re beautiful, you know that right?” he whispered, I could feel his breath against my neck. And I just looked down, at my skates and the ice, smiling to myself.

How cheesy can this guy get? I pulled myself out of his embrace and faced him, he just smiled. We continued skating around hand in hand, and I’m glad that there weren’t many people around because we were being really skinshippy. It was a little embarrassing, just a little. But we’re a couple, we’re allowed to be like that… right?

-

After another hour spent at the ice skating ring, we left to get lunch. We went to the mall near the ice skating ring, there was a tiny café that served all-day breakfast so we settled there. We walked in, hand in hand and sat at a corner. The waiter came over and handed us the menu, “Please order at the counter, I’ll be at the counter if you need anything,” he said and walked away.

I was flipping the pages of the menu and there were so many things I wanted to eat, Wonwoo looks like he already had what he wanted to eat in mind and was just waiting for me to decide. I kept flipping the pages still indecisive of what I wanted for lunch, “Having problems choosing your food?” he asked. I nodded still flipping the pages of the menu, I settled with blueberry pancakes and orange juice.

Wonwoo went to order and I waited at our table, I took my phone out to check if anyone texted me.

Text: 5

Missed Calls: 1

I clicked on my missed calls and the call was from my mum. I checked my text messages too,

Xinyi:

“your mum called”

“where are you”

“if you’re with wonwoo again I swear”

 

Mum:

“Darling, where are you?”

“Please answer your phone, I’m worried.”

 

With that I dialled my mum immediately, she must be home or something. The phone rang 3 times before I heard my mum’s voice. “Hello?”

“Sorry mummy, I didn’t hear my phone ringing. Did you need something?” I asked.

“I got home and you weren’t here, I got worried. Where are you?” she asked a hint of worry in her voice.

“I’m having lunch with Wonwoo, you should have called me if you’re coming home,” I said.

“I know I should’ve but I was busy last night. So…only you and Wonwoo huh?” my mum asked a slight mischievousness in her voice.

At this moment, Wonwoo came back and I told my mum to hold on, “Babe, they ran out of orange juice, is mango juice okay?” he asked. “Yeah sure, that’s fine,” I replied smiling at him.

“Babe huh?” my mum teased. “Gosh I’ll tell you when I get home okay? Love you, bye.” I said and just hung up. By then Wonwoo was back from ordering, “The food will be here after 10 minutes or so, who were you on the phone with?” he asked.  

“It was my mum, she forgot to tell me she’ll be coming home today. She just wanted to know where I was,” I told him. I don’t know why but his expression fell a little, “I’ll bring you home after this if you want…” he said. As much as I want to spend the whole day with Wonwoo, I haven’t seen my mum in months, its really hard to decide. So I just nodded, “I’m really sorry that we had to cut it short I really didn’t know,” I said. He shook his head, “Don’t worry about it alright? It’s okay, we can always have dates some other time.” He said.

The food soon came and it looked delicious, we both started eating and I was happily munching on my blueberry pancake when I heard chuckles. I looked up and I saw Wonwoo looking at something on his phone. “What’s so funny?” I asked out of curiosity as I continued munching away. “You look really cute babe, look,” he said and showed me the picture he sneakily took while I was eating.  “Liar… I look terrible, delete it.” I said. He sulked a little but deleted it, we continued eating and talking away.

After we were done eating, he paid for the food and we walked back to his motorbike hand in hand. “We should do this more often, you know, just go out to chill and stuff. Just us,” Wonwoo said, he hand holding onto mine securely. My hand was small compared to his and our hands fit perfectly together, the warmth his hands brought made me feel safe. I don’t know how but they just do. “Yeah, we should. But you don’t have to bring me anywhere fancy, you know that. That’s not what I need,” I said, in hopes that he won’t waste unnecessary money on dates. “Okay okay I got it. Our next date, I take you to my place and we can just sleep the whole day. Deal?” he asked cheekily. We both laughed at his joke, even though I knew it was a joke, I honestly wouldn’t mind if we slept all day. As cheesy as this sounds, I just want to spend time with him.

The ride home was faster than expected, I could see my apartment 3 houses down and I could feel Wonwoo slowing down. Then the motorbike came to a halt in front of my house, I got down and struggled to get the helmet off. “Here, I’ll help you,” Wonwoo said as he took the helmet off my head and neatened my hair. After that we just stood there, holding hands neither of us had said anything. “You should go in, your mum is probably worried,” he finally said. I nodded and started to walk away after mumbling a goodbye.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me back, “You’re really just going to leave like that?” he asked looking at me like a child. I put on a blank expression, “You told me to go… didn’t you?” I questioned back. He pecked my forehead and looked back at me, “Yeah, I did. Okay one more thing.” He said before leaning in and kissing me. We shared our third kiss, it wasn’t as long as the first but it’s true. How they describe it in books, time does stop when you kiss someone you’re in love with and nothing can beat this feeling. It just feels right, you know?

He pulled away after awhile and smiled at me, “Now you can go,” he said slowly letting go of my hand. “Drive home safely okay? I’ll see you on Monday,” I said. I walked towards my house and before I went in a turned back one more time, he waved at me and I waved back. “BYYEE!!” Wonwoo shouted as he placed his hand above his head, forming a heart shape. I laughed at how stupid he looked doing that in the middle of the streets and waved one more time before I closed the door.

I went upstairs to my room and my phone vibrated in my bag. I took it out to see who texted me.

From BbyJeon<3:

“Miss you already :( ”  

 

 

 

 

 

WooHoo i can't even tell how many times i had writer's block while writing this chapter. But i'm glad its finally up!!

i hope you liked this Chapter, feedback will be much appreciated. Thank you :))