Hero Gyu

Story of Us

Mingyu’s POV

It was Monday morning and I was in the car on the way to pick Hayley up so that we could go to school. “We’re here Sir,” Mr Chia, my driver said. I hummed as a reply and got out of the car, I walked to Hayley’s house where the wooden swings were and messaged her.

To: Hayley<3

“I’m outside your house. You can come out whenever you’re ready okay?”

I sat on the swing as I waited, Hayley and I had just started dating, it took me weeks to tell her how I felt. The moment she stepped into class on her first day, something about her just caught my attention and it just grew stronger. I took the first step to ask her to the Valentine Dinner and to my surprise, she said yes. I didn’t wait too long to confess, 2 days before the dinner, I plucked up my courage and told her.

I remembered the way her cheeks turned into a light shade of pink and how she smiled shyly at me. I held her hand, I remember it was her right hand. They were slightly sweaty but I didn’t mind, I took a deep breath and went for it. “Be my girlfriend? Please…” I asked. I looked at her and waited for an answer and just like for the Valentine Dinner, she said yes.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when someone tapped me on my shoulder, I turned my head around to find my beautiful girlfriend smiling at me. “Good morning Gyu, sorry to keep you waiting,” she said. “Good morning baby, don’t worry about. Let’s go,” I said as our hands held onto each other’s, it was so natural to us now. At first Hayley was worried about how I might mind about her sweaty palms but it never affected me in anyway. I just liked holding her hand.

We got into the car and we were on the way to school, Hayley greeted Mr Chia and got back to using her phone. I just stared at her, she had her hair down and her fringe was tucked behind her ear, typing away on her phone. I stared at her and observed her facial features, how can she be so pretty? Her eyes are really pretty and when she smiles, my heart literally starts racing. She stopped typing on her phone and looked at me with one eyebrow raised.

“What are you staring at? Is there something on my face?” she asked and started looking at her face to check if there was anything on it. “There’s nothing on your face, you’re just really beautiful. I couldn’t help it,” I said and pretend to be busy on my phone. Peeking back at Hayley after a while, her cheeks were a lighter shade of pink and she was avoiding to look at me.

The car turned into school after a few more minutes, “We’re here Sir,” Mr Chia said as he pulled over. I got off and went over to Hayley, she has gotten out of the car after thanking Mr Chia for the ride. I smiled at her and took her hand in mine again, we had 20 minutes before class starts and we saw Wonwoo and Xuan at the canteen so we went over.

Wonwoo was reading, he doesn’t look like it but he loves reading. He really does and he’ll always have a book or two with him just in case. Xuan was sleeping peacefully on his shoulder, with one earpiece in her ear and the other one in Wonwoo’s. I’m glad they got together, I mean Xuan has been hiding her feelings for so long and when Wonwoo admitted that he liked her back. I just waited for the time to come when they finally had the guts to tell each other. They make each other happy and they’re both really important to me so I have no objections of them dating at all.

I ruffled Xuan’s hair the moment we got to them causing her to wake up and sit up. Wonwoo turned towards her and saw us, he smiled and greeted us with a simple “Hey”. Xuan just waved, she was still a little lost after her short nap. Hayley and I sat in front of them as Wonwoo put his book away. We started talking about school work and stuff, the girls were talking about some guy idol or whatever, I honestly don’t care. I’m way better than him anyways.

We were just joking around and talking about weird stuff that happened in the past, filling Hayley in with whatever she missed out before we met her. The bell rang, signalling the start of our school day. We stood up and started to make our way to our class, I sent Hayley to her class before I left for mine. “I’ll see you during lunch, okay? Go,” I said after we reached Hayley’s class, I let go of her hand and waved before I left. She waved back and smiled before running to her friends. I started walking to my class, smiling to myself like some weirdo.

-

It was lunch time and I walked to Hayley’s class so that we could have lunch together, when I got there, I couldn’t find her anywhere. I went into the class and asked her classmate about her whereabouts. “She went to the toilet and she didn’t return,” she said. I thanked her and I ran to the ladies. While running, everything bad that could happen to her played in my head and my palms started sweating. What if she fainted? What if she was stuck in the cubicle because some classmate thought it was fun to keep her in there? What if she was getting or something? My school had a few cases, I didn’t want Hayley to be one of them. High school boys have raging hormones, honestly you can’t blame us. Blame puberty.

I got there and saw a bunch of boys surrounding her, about 4 or 5 of them. Calm the down Kim Mingyu, as long as they don’t touch your girl. “Yah,” I said pulling their attention to me. This guy, had his hair brushed back, he was older than me. He repeated his last year because he had too many offences to graduate even though he did pretty well. He had this smirk on his face that I didn’t like, Hayley looked confused and scared, I just wanted to pull her away from them.

“Who do we have here? Kinga Kim Mingyu, you got yourself a pretty one this time,” he said as he caressed Hayley’s left cheek with the ugly he calls fingers. “Ha, yeah. You don’t want to be touching my girlfriend. It’s not good for you,” I said, glaring at him and he still had that ugly disguising smirk on his face. ((Excuse me, is your face stuck at that expression? Cut it out you look ugly.))

The other guys started inching closer to me, I just stood there. I wasn’t scared, I just rose a brow, I mean they actually think that would scare me? My build was slightly larger than theirs, despite the fact that most of them were older than me. “Young one, try not to interrupt us next time. We’ve been eyeing this one for a while now,” another guy said. “What do you mean eyeing?” I asked, my glare on them getting stronger. “You really want to know? Do you really? Because I could tell you everything we plan to do to your beautiful girlfriend.” He replied.

No. I don’t want to know anything, I just want to get Hayley make sure she’s safe then go for lunch is that really so much to ask for? “We’d ta-” I cut him off, “Listen, I don’t have time for this okay?” I said while I went over to grab Hayley and pulled her away. Should have done this way earlier, but there was a tug at the other end. I turned around and the guy held onto Hayley’s arm, “Where do you think you’re going? We’re not done with either of you,” he said.

I let out a sarcastic chuckle, “Firstly, I have no s to give. Second, I told you not to touch my girlfriend,” I said as I pulled Hayley to me and made her stay behind me. She held my hand, tighter than usual. I could tell she was scared, either that or she was super confused. “Listen old guy, stay away from her and you’ll live just fine. If you dare try something like that again, watch your back,” I said.

I pulled Hayley with me and walked to the canteen. Before we turned the corner to reach the canteen, I stopped and looked at her. My hands cupping her face, “You’re okay right? What did they want from you?” I asked, she nodded then she told me how they’ve been trying to get close to her. “When I’m with my friends and we’re just walking down the halls, they’d look at me weirdly. But this time they caught me alone. Luckily you came, God knows what would happen to me. I don’t get what their deal is,” she said getting more and more annoyed at them as she spoke. But she was right, what if I didn’t get there in time, anything could happen. I need to start looking out for her more, those guys will be hard to get rid of. Important thing is, Hayley’s fine and smiling so everything’s good.

I put an arm around her shoulders as we continued walking to the canteen, “Haiz, life is hard when you’re this beautiful. But no worries, when you’re in trouble just shout for me and Kim Mingyu would come to your recuse!” I said and did pumped my fist into the air like Superman. Hayley laughed and hit me lightly on my chest, “Okay, hero. I will,” she said as she continued laughing. I pulled her even closer to me and kissed the side of her head as we arrived at the table where the whole gang was at.

 

 

 

 

super short chapter, i apologise :( 

i still hope you liked this chapter, it's a lil in sight of what Hayley and Mingyu's relationship is like. As you can see it's still new and very fresh:) They'll get closer and cheesier, i promise. 

Like i always said, please do give feedback, it will be much appreciated :)) okayyy till next chap