Summer Break

Story of Us

4 months later:

Your POV

Summer break was finally here. Well, almost here. Today was the last day of school before we get a break from school. The boys and us girls planned to have a sleepover at Mingyu’s today, I honestly can’t wait.

It was history class, which meant Wonwoo was going to be there. I haven’t seen him since this morning, since he was late for school. Again. As I entered the class someone held my hands from behind, “You scared me, you ,” I said as Wonwoo chuckled. “Miss me?” he asked with a cocky smile on his face. “No. Why would i?” I replied. “Fine, I won’t go to the sleepover then.” He said sitting down. “Okay, if you want to miss out on the fun, that’s up to you.” I said placing my books down and settling down beside him. “You’re mean” he whispered when the teacher entered. “Only to you,” I said while jotting down notes. “Well, then I’m honoured.” He said before he too started jotting down notes.

The day ended quickly and all 9 of us rushed home to get ready for the sleepover. Wonwoo went home and promised to come pick me up, he really didn’t need to. But he insisted.

I was at home waiting and my dad was busy typing away on his laptop at the dining table. “Xuan, do you need money? When will you be coming back home?” my dad suddenly asked causing me to look up from my phone. “Oh, um no it’s fine, I have money with me. We’ll stay there for about a week?? I’ll text you when I arrive at Mingyu’s and when I get home, so don’t worry okay?” I reassured him.

After another 5 minutes or so, the doorbell rang and my dad went to open the door. Wonwoo greeted my dad and he gave Wonwoo a pat on the back before returning back to his seat at the table to continue his work. I was in the kitchen busy packing junk food into a paper bag to bring them over to Mingyu’s for us to snack on. Wonwoo came in and greeted me with a peck on my forehead. “Need help?” he asked. I shook my head, “I’m almost done, just wait for me outside okay? I’ll be right out.” I said.

“Babe, you ready to go?” Wonwoo asked after he carried my haversack and started walking towards the door. “Yup! Let’s go,” I replied running out of the kitchen with a full paper bag of snacks in my hands. Before leaving, I gave my dad a peck on the cheek and run out to join Wonwoo. He put the helmet on for me and we headed off to Mingyu’s.

Upon reaching Mingyu’s house, the usual white BMW was no longer parked in the garage, which meant Mama Kim isn’t in. Wonwoo parked his motorcycle in the garage, next to Soonyoung’s navy blue one. I took my helmet off and ran my fingers through my hair to neaten it, Wonwoo carried his bag and mine into the house and we both entered by the side gate of Mingyu’s house. We were greeted by Xinyi leaning on Jisoo’s chest, fast asleep as Jisoo watches One Piece on his tablet and Hayley and Mingyu in the kitchen (trying to) cooking our lunch.

“Finally, you two are here,” Mingyu said as he was stirring the kimchi stew and trying to ensure that Hayley doesn’t cut herself while chopping the garlic. “Baby please don’t cut yourself, you finger is dangerously close to the knife,” he said to Hayley. Wonwoo and I went upstairs to put our things in the guest room beside MIngyu’s bedroom.

When we went into the guest room, we saw Jihoon curled up in a ball under the sheets, sleeping soundly on the guest bed. After placing our things inside, we quietly exited the room (after we secretly took selcas of us with sleeping jihoon) and I decided to help Mingyu in the kitchen since he looks like he was having a hard time worrying over food and his girlfriend. In the meantime, Wonwoo retreated to Mingyu’s room to game with Minghao and Soonyoung.

“Hey, need any help?” I asked while entering the kitchen. “Yes! Please, get Hayley out of here.” Mingyu said, causing Hayley to smack him in the arm. “How rude. Appreciate my help while it last,” Hayley replied. “Yeah, with you around I’ll burn the entire kitchen. Plus I’m almost done. Just go, I’ll be fine doing this alone,” he said taking the knife away from Hayley and pushing her towards my direction. Have I mentioned that Kim Mingyu is one of the most stubborn people I ever know? No? Well, now I have.

I dragged Hayley out to the living room with me after she got chased out by her boyfriend. “He’s so stubborn, I just wanted to help,” she said as she sat on the sofa, sulking a little. “He’s always been like that, he just doesn’t want to get cut or burn yourself on accident, that’s all. He means well,” I said pulling out my phone. Both of us were being the anti-social freaks we were, sitting down staring at the glaring screens for about 10 minutes before the boys came down from the second floor. Soonyoung went into the kitchen to pester Mingyu, asking him to hurry up, only to get chased out of the kitchen. He came and sat beside Minghao, all of us patiently waiting for Mingyu to finish cooking.

“KIDS, FOOD’S READY!!!!” Mingyu shouted from the kitchen as the boys went to help him set up the table, excluding Jihoon, who was dozing off on the bean bag and Xinyi was still whining about Jisoo waking her up. Everyone was settling at the table ready to eat while Soonyoung dragged Jihoon along to the table with him. Jisoo was still busy getting Xinyi to wake up, after 5 minutes, we finally got everyone at the table.

We all ate happily, and Mingyu definitely learnt well, the food was delicious. I ate so much, I became so bloated. After that, and getting the boys to do all the dishes, we settled down for a movie. We played that super famous Taiwan movie everyone’s been talking about, Our Times? Yeah, that. Obviously the Jisoo and Xinyi were already cuddled up together at the side of the sofa, Hayley was seated on Mingyu’s lap, her head at the crook of his neck. Jihoon was at his usual spot, curled into a ball on the beanbag. Soonyoung and Minghao (being their usual gay self) sitting together and snatching chips from one another. I was sitting on the floor, with Wonwoo seating next to me, an arm around my waist as I leaned on his shoulder.

Even though most of us were focusing more on the subtitles, to try to understand what they were saying, everyone slowly fell quiet. It was heart-warming and the guy was so so sweet. I was so close to crying, Wonwoo just had an emotionless expression on his face, blinking from time to time. When the female lead was listening to the recorded tape, I started crying, it was so touching. I tapped on Wonwoo’s hand as a signal to pass me the tissue box, he looked at me. “Are you crying?” he asked. “Just pass me the tissue,” I said. He chuckled and passed the box to me, I wiped my tears and crushed the tissue in my hand.

“Xuan, stop crying I’m going to start crying,” Hayley said sniffing. Then someone tapped my shoulder from behind, “Pass me some tissue,” Soonyoung whispered. I just handed him the box, “Soonyoung, are you crying?” Jihoon asked, with a smirk on his face. “I’m not, I just needed to blow my nose,” Soonyoung said. “Stop lying,” Jihoon said laughing at him. “Shut up,” he said and continued ‘blowing his nose’.

After the movie ended, Soonyoung went to the toilet and Minghao was stilling snacking on the chips. “Soonyoung definitely cried,” he said and some of the boys. “I want a Xu Taiyu in my life,” Xinyi suddenly said. “You already have me though,” Jisoo said, Xinyi told him to stop being so shameless and all of us decided to play mafia.

It was fun until we slowly got tired and decided to order pizza instead of making Mingyu cook again. Hayley ordered the pizza and while waiting, Jihoon slowly dozed off. Wonwoo lay down on my lap and starting drifting off to sleep as I played with his hair, Hayley and Mingyu were playing some card game and being extremely noisy. Xinyi and Jisoo were busy swapping their faces on snapchat and the two boys went upstairs to continue with their game.

-

After dinner and cleaning up, we all settled in Mingyu’s room because Jihoon had something important to tell us. We all gathered inside and waited for Jihoon to return from the toilet. He came in and sat down, “Right, so umm…” he started, which scared me a little because Jihoon was always blunt and straight forward, now that his hesitating to tell us something kind of worries me.

“I’m going back to Busan soon, like tomorrow soon. And I told my mum I couldn’t just leave the sleepover like that…so, she said you guys should tag along. And yea, I just wanted to ask, if you guys would like to come over to Busan for about 4 days and then come back,” he said. The boys got super excited and was super ready, “Yeah, let’s go. We should take a break from Seoul.” Soonyoung said. Hayley was super into it and started planning on what they can do there, Xinyi was already texting her parents to ask for their permission.

I called my dad and he said that I could go, just to be careful and call him when I get there. And for that night, we were packing our bags again and we went to bed at around 1am after eating ramen for supper. Jihoon was already sleeping in the guest room with Soonyoung and MInghao still watching dance videos on the floor.

Mingyu and Hayley were sleeping in his room, Jisoo and Xinyi in the guest room on the third floor and Wonwoo and I in the living room. We cuddled up on the sofa and drifted off to sleep.

Busan, here we come. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

sorry for not updating for soooo long, i'm just really busy with school and volleyball. 

i promise I'll try to update more often!! 

pls do leave feedback ^^