Boyfriend interview

Story of Us

Wonwoo POV

We all settled down around the dining table and started eating. I was so amazed at how the food tasted, Xuan’s mum is really great at cooking. No doubt about it since we have Kim Mingyu already walking to the kitchen to get a second bowl of rice. I looked up, wanting to tell Xuan’s mum how good her cooking is only to be shot a question.

“So, Wonwoo. I’m just…curious so don’t mind me asking. Why do you like my daughter?” she asked, looking straight into my eyes, smiling.

I gulped, I turned to my right and glanced at Xuan and she was frowning at her mum. “Um, I-” I got cut off. “I mean, she’s lazy and kind of messy. Have you seen her room?” she said as she took a bite of her rice.

“Mummy, stop.”

“And, she doesn’t do the chores. She’s clumsy, careless and doesn’t do that well in school-”

“Mum…”

“She isn’t the prettiest girl around and her hair is like grass most of the time,”

“Mum.” Xuan says through gritted teeth.

“Okay I’ll stop. But really why do you like her?” she asked taking a sip of the soup.

I looked at her, then at Xuan, whose ears are super red now. “Well, you’re right. She isn’t the prettiest girl around or the smartest. She is messy, have you seen her locker? She’s super clumsy, I cannot tell you how many times she tripped over something or nothing at all. Why do I like her? I don’t know. I just do,” I said then smiled as I looked down at my bowl of rice. 

Then I heard gagging noises and shot a glare at Mingyu, “Stop it Jeon, you’re going to make me puke out my first serving,” he said. And everyone started laughing, I turned to Xuan and her ears were even redder but she had a proud smile on her face. I winked at her and she stuffed a rice cake in my mouth, I wrinkled my nose slightly and continued eating.

We soon finished dinner, Xuan and Hayley were busy washing the dishes. Mingyu got a call from his dad and was at the balcony talking to him. Which left me and Xuan’s mum alone in the living room together, I had a funny feeling in my stomach when she came to sit beside me. Could it be nerves? No way, I don’t get nervous.

“Be good to her…that’s all I ask for,” she said patting my arm. I nodded and held her hand, “I will,” I said, reassuring her. “She doesn’t like telling me things or to her dad. She thinks it burdens us but it really doesn’t. She keeps a lot to herself, until she met Xinyi and Mingyu. I’m glad that she at least has them to talk to. And now she has you,” she said and looked at me.

I know her relationship with her mum isn’t as good as her relationship with her dad. I guess it took a turn when they got divorced. From what I know, Xuan is fine with her parents being separated now and all is good. We continued talking about Xuan, school and how we got together when Xuan and Hayley came out of the kitchen.

“Talking bad about me again?” Xuan asked and sat beside me. “Yeah, I was telling your mum how you tripped over nothing at all and almost hurt yourself,” I teased, she glared at me with a slight pout on her face. I laughed at her and so did her mum. After another half an hour, Hayley said she needed to go home and Mingyu being the ‘amazing’ boyfriend he is gave her a ride home. I decided to leave too, we all hugged Xuan’s mum who told us to drop by anytime we want.

Mingyu and Hayley left a few minutes ago and Xuan was walking me out, we held hands as we walked to the bus stop near her place hand in hand. “Your mum is really good at cooking,” I started, she chuckled and nodded. “Yea she is, I’ll learn well and cook for you next time,” she said and smiled at me.

We got to the bus stop and sat down to wait for my bus, I told Xuan to go home but she insisted on staying with me till I board the bus. We were just talking about normal stuff and she was ranting about how this girl in her class is getting on her nerves. Is it weird that I find it cute when she frowns or pouts and puffs because she feels frustrated? I really glad at she’s opening up to me and is willing to tell me things that are bothering her. I mean, I don’t mind anyways, I can listen to her talk all day.

“Alright babe, forget it. She’s not worth being angry over, you have more important things to do…” I told her, trying to calm her down. She nodded and ran her hand through her hair, we continued talking about random stuff and Soonyoung wanting to participate the talent show. After another 5 minutes my bus came and I waved at it for it to stop. Before I boarded the bus, I gave Xuan a peck on her forehead, “I’ll see you tomorrow okay?” She nodded and told me to text her when I got home. I got on the bus and waved at my girlfriend who was waving back at me.

 

-

Your POV

I got back home within 10 minutes and washed up quickly, getting ready for bed. I was in my room using my phone when my mum came in. She sat at the edge of my bed and was telling me about how I needed to get groceries during the weekends. “I left money in the kitchen, use that for the groceries and don’t forget to throw away the old ones before they rot in your fridge,” she said. I just nodded and continued using my phone.

“I like him,” she suddenly said, I stopped fidgeting with my phone and looked at her. “Who?” I asked. “Wonwoo, his a nice guy. Not as bad as I thought he would be,” she said, I shot her a look. “You were too quick to judge mum, I told you he wasn’t that bad of a guy,” I said. “As long as you’re happy dear, okay. Good night, go to sleep, you have school tomorrow,” she said and walked out of my room, closing the door.

I was going to turn my night lights off when my phone vibrated.

BbyJeon<3: I’m home and ready to go to bed. Thanks for having me tonight, good night. See you in my dreams ;)

You: Haha, alright. Good night<3 see you tmr

And weirdly, at this moment. I kinda fell even more for Jeon Wonwoo. 

-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello!!! sorry i haven't updated in super long and this is super short. School is starting and i can't promise regular updates but i won't neglect this fic i promise. 

I'll come back with a better chap :) ok till next time /waving emoji/