Lost

Story of Us

Your POV

“Just do whatever you want, I leaving. I don’t really want to talk to you as of now.”

I’ve been walking for a bit now, I was planning to just go home (as in Jihoon’s place) and talk to Xinyi about what happened because honestly, at times like that she always had a solution. While walking I’ve been thinking about what Wonwoo said. About Sungyoon and about me, was Sungyoon really being too close? I never took it as anything else. I mean, he was just teaching me.

Wonwoo was so mad and I understood, I get it. He was angry that I didn’t do anything to restrict Sungyoon. But he wasn’t doing anything to make me feel uncomfortable, I was so focused on learning how to windsurf for Wonwoo. He was right, even if Sungyoon didn’t have any intentions to hurt me, how could I let someone I just met touch me like that?

But, why couldn’t he stop it? Why couldn’t he walk up and stop Sungyoon himself? He noticed it, that’s why he got so mad but he didn’t do anything about it. All these were giving me a headache and I tried to distract myself. I was about to take my phone out until I realised I left my belongings at the changing room. Whatever, I’ll just get back home first, but when I looked around I couldn’t recognise the place. Where am I?

I decided to head back to the beach, I probably took a wrong turn. I tried to remember how I got here but I couldn’t, I was so deep in thought just now that I just walked to wherever my legs carried me. Stupid Jeon Wonwoo, I still had to get home one way or another so I started wandering around and looking at the sign boards.

I swear it’s been at least an hour since I tried finding my way back home but it seems like I’ve been walking in circles. I was about to die of thirst and the weather was so hot, it had to be about 3pm now. The street that I was in was practically deserted, only about 5 people walked past me for the pass half an hour. Every time I saw someone, I’d try to ask for directions.

However, the directions people gave me got me nowhere. Instead I think I got even further away from home, I remember passing by this café when I was on the motorcycle. I peeked into the café and saw the clock, 5.26pm. Did no one care about my whereabouts? I had nothing with me, I didn’t know where I was and I was starving. It was my fault for walking away, I should have just stayed at the beach and look for the rest instead of trying to get home by myself.

I’ve been to Busan once with them but I never went anywhere alone, we were always together. It was slowly getting darker as the sun started to set, I was scared. I wondered if they even knew that I was gone. Was anyone even looking for me? I sat outside a closed shopped and brought my knees up to chest, hugging them.

This place was rather deserted and quiet, no one comes around here. It was getting cold since I didn’t get to change out and my clothes were still slightly moist from all the activities today and I got more afraid. Where’s Wonwoo, won’t he come find me? I didn’t realise that I was crying until my knees got slightly moist from my tears. I wiped them away from my face with my hands and tried to stop myself from crying, while it didn’t really work out that way.

My energy was drained from crying and the lack of food, I found myself slowly dozing off as I sat there.

I was asleep but I could feel someone moving around me, the place was really quiet so I could clearly hear the person walking. I opened my eyes and saw a familiar figure standing in front of me. I looked up and saw Soonyoung. I’ve never felt this happy to see him in my entire life, “Finally,” he said while looking down at me. He sat beside me and leaned against the wall, panting. I couldn’t bring myself to say anything, I felt like I was dreaming. “Thank God I found you, what are you doing here? Do you know how worried we all are?” he asked as he sat up straight turning towards me.

“I’m sorry.” It was the only thing I could bring myself to say. “What brought you here?” he asked. “I don’t know. I was going home but I probably took a wrong turn and I got lost,” I said. He nodded, “You did take a wrong turn,” he said. He took his cell phone out and dialled Xinyi’s number, “Call the boys back, I found her.” He said and told them where I was. He hung up and stood up, “Let’s go home.”

He helped me up and we started walking, when I saw his motorcycle, a sigh of relief left my lips. “You didn’t think we’d be walking would you?” he asked chuckling. “Soonyoung,” I called out, he turned to look at me as he handed me a helmet. “Yea?”

“Thank you,” I said smiling at him, he ruffled my hair. “Aigoo this kid, put your helmet on. Safety first yes,” he said smiling. Soonyoung and I were close, he was like a brother. He treats me really well and takes care of me like I was his sister. I could tell that he was worried although he tried to hide it. I got on the back and held onto his shoulders and he left, we were heading home. I felt so relieved but yet nervous but he started cracking jokes as if I didn’t just got lost and somehow, it made me feel better.

After a while few minutes, we stopped when the traffic light turned red. “Is Wonwoo still mad at me?” I asked weakly, the lack of food was getting to me and I felt very tired. “Mad? Try worried, he literally sent all of us out to look for you.” He said. “What happened between the two of you? We all waited for the both of you to return but only Wonwoo did. And when we asked, he said he thought you came back to us. We searched the whole beach but we couldn’t find you,” he said. “I’m sorry,” I apologised again.

“Stop apologising, you didn’t want to get lost too right? The important thing is that you’re safe,” he said, I nodded and he started the motorcycle again.

We got home pretty quickly and I felt nervous, I don’t know why I just did. We entered and I only saw Xinyi, Hayley and Mingyu. Mingyu came running to me, “Thank the heavens, my God. Where have you been?” he asked. “I got lost, I’m sorry.” I said. They told me to sit at the couch and Mingyu went to cook something for me.

“You’re so stupid,” Xinyi said. “Calm down Xinyi,” Soonyoung said. “I am calm, running away from your problems won’t get you anywhere.” She said to me. I just stared at my fingers and nodded, Soonyoung asked about where the rest were. “Jisoo and Minghao are on the way back, Wonwoo and Jihoon are too but they went further downtown so they might take a while.” She answered.

While waiting for my food, Xinyi told me to go take a bath and change out. I did as I was told and went upstairs. I washed up and was changing, I couldn’t help but feel nervous that Wonwoo might be back anytime soon. He’d probably start shouting at me or something. I didn’t want to think about it as of now, I just wanted to eat.

I exited the bathroom after drying my hair and went into the room when I heard the boys talking loudly downstairs. “Where is she?” I recognised this voice, Wonwoo was back and I just wanted to hide. “Calm down, I won’t let you see her at this state,” Mingyu said. “She’s my girlfriend, what do you mean I can’t-” Wonwoo was cut off by Jisoo. “She’s upstairs.”

I could hear him running upstairs but it wasn’t just him. He barged into the room, his eyes were slightly red and puffy. He looked exhausted and I was ready for a scolding when he walked swiftly towards me and hugged me. He let out a sigh of relief and I saw Jihoon and Minghao walking out of the room.

“Wonw-” I was cut off when Wonwoo suddenly started apologising. “I’m sorry, I’m really really sorry, I shouldn’t have said the things I’ve said. For making you sound as if you wanted to be with someone else. I’m sorry for getting mad at you when you did nothing wrong, I’m sorry for making you feel like and for making you upset. I know what I wanted to say would hurt your feelings but I said them anyways, I’m sorry.” He spoke so fast, I didn’t know how he did it but I heard it clearly, everything.

“I’m sorry too,” I whispered softly and hugged him back. I honestly didn’t know how long I was gone for but I did miss him. It felt nice, being in his arms again. He still smelt like the sea but that doesn’t matter now. “I thought you left me, for good.” He said pulling away from the hug, I saw he face clearly now and saw how puffy his eyes really were. They were slightly red and I think he actually cried. “Never.” That was a promise.

-

Wonwoo’s POV

I remember receiving the phone call from Xinyi, telling me Soonyoung found her. I didn’t know what else to do but run. I ran to my motorcycle and started the engine, if I didn’t hear Jihoon shouting at me, I probably would have drove from without him.

I ignored several red lights and Jihoon was constantly shouting at me to slow down. “Listen, Xuan’s safe and she’s home. She’s not going anywhere, so what are you doing risking your life and mine? Slow the down.”

I followed all the traffic rules and got home about 15 minutes later, when I got into the house Xuan was nowhere in sight. I felt cheated, I was panting and I started shouting at Mingyu who was being extremely unreasonable. “Calm down, I won’t let you see her at this state,” he said. I wanted to punch him, this wasn’t funny. We’ve all been trying to look for her for the whole day and now he’s isn’t allowing me to see her? 

“She’s upstairs.”

That led me here, Xuan and I were sitting on the bed after I apologised. It was awkward, it reminded me of how we were before. Someone needed to say something and I know it wasn’t going to be Xuan. “Where did you go?” I asked. She shrugged, “I wanted to come back here but I got lost and couldn’t find me way back.”

“You didn’t even bring your phone along,” I said remembering how many times I called her before Jihoon found her phone in her bag along with everything she brought to the beach in the changing room. She stayed quiet, I guess she was tired. We all are, it was a tiring day for all of us.

“Listen,” she said suddenly. “I’m sorry I got everyone so worried and literally ruined everyone’s day. I felt so abandoned by you I just wanted to go home and talk to Xinyi, then take a nap or something. I really didn’t mean for any of this to happen.” I felt so bad, none of this was her fault. If I didn’t say anything none of this would have happened.

Let’s say we talked things out and decided to not blame ourselves for this. We’ll learn from this, I’ll try to control my temper and she’s try to control her feet. After about 10 minutes or so, we were fine. The awkwardness was gone and we were just talking, until Xuan’s stomach grumbled. “Oops,” she mumbled, “Let’s go downstairs and see what Mingyu has for us.” I said holding her hands and pulling her out of the room. Before we got to the stairs, I pulled her in front of me. She looked tired but she was indeed beautiful, in those hours of not being able to find her. I wondered how life would be like if she really left me.

“What’s wrong?” she asked. “I love you,” I managed to say it out loud, I wanted to find the ‘right time’ to say it but this didn’t need a ‘right time’. I knew what I said and I meant it, she just stared at me. Then, she smiled. “I love you too,” she said, her ears were slightly pink and I found it extremely adorable. I smiled back and kissed her, the first time today. All the tiredness somehow left my body and I felt peaceful, happy.

She pulled away and looked down shyly. “Let’s go, I’m starving.” She said before she ran down the stairs with me trailing behind her. Let’s just say we all crashed after dinner, not even returning to our rooms.