Track 6: Things I'd Like to Do With My Lover (by G.na ft. Rain)

Love Playlist

September 14, 2014

They gave me a week to compose three songs. Even though I don't have anything to do with the drama club or with theater, I was dragged into something I least expected, writing songs. I've never written a song. I don't even know how to write poems properly. Now what? What do I do? It's already 10 in the evening. I only have four days left. Two more songs to compose. Yep. That's right. I've written one song already. It was yesterday. I got inspired, I guess. 

Yesterday, I woke up early, as early as 6 am. I decided to cook my own breakfast because I have the time and to save money as well. I prepared to cook for scrambled egg. I cook the rice first, then the egg. Everything's fine until I started writing some line for the first song I'm making. I forgot that I'm cooking something and I only realized it when I heard knockings on my door. I opened it. I did not bother to see who it was, I am sure that it's only Yoseob. Everytime I burn the food I'm cooking, he would always knock at my door and say something like "Ops burned again! Its -number of burned foods-to-number of successfully cooked foods".

"So how many foods did I burned already?" I was expecting his usual answer but then.

"I don't know." Dang. It's not Yoseob. I faced the person behind me and tada! It's Hyunseung. And he's holding a fire extinguisher. Yes, a FIRE EXTINGUISHER! 

"What are you doing here? And what are you going to do with that?" I pointed at the fire extinguisher. He just looked at me. He took a deep breath. Closed his eyes for a few seconds.

"Well". Pause. "I thought your unit is burning, so I brought this fire extinguisher." He's kind of irritated. I can hear that from his voice. 

"I am so sorry. I-"

"What are you cooking?" He said as he walked towards the kitchen. He investigated the crime scene. He looked at me and kinda laughed. Yes he laughed but it’s the I-am-mocking-you kind of laugh. 

"What?" I asked him. I got irritated at him immediately.

"Your family owns numerous fine dining restaurants. Almost all in your family are chefs. And here you are, burning foods." He laughed again. 

"Fine. Thanks for researching about my family. If you have nothing to say, you are you good to go." I told him sarcastically. 

"What other stuff do you have in your fridge?" He asked me as if he did not hear what I said. Staring game. I'm not so good with this. 

"Fine. I don't know. Yoseob was the one who did the groceries yesterday." Yoseob doesn't have a fridge because he doesn't want to buy one. So all of his groceries are in my unit. I agree with this kind of arrangement because he promised that he'll be the one doing the groceries every week. 

Hyunseung started searching the fridge.

"Wait. What are you doing?" I kinda panicked. And I don't know why!

"Looking for some ingredients that I can use to cook something." What cooking is he talking about?!

"Wait? What? Why are you cooking?" 

"Based on the ingredients that I found in your fridge, I'll make bibimbap. I'm cooking so that you'll not burn anymore foods." Is he serious about this one? "Look, if you'll burn more foods, the tenants in the other floors might smell and they might think that the building is burning. I don't want any commotions. And besides, don't waste foods."

And so he cooked bibimbap. He cooked the beef first. Then he cooked the vegetables, and cut them. Since the rice was successfully cooked, he did not bother cooking rice anymore. He mixed all the ingredients. Then served it on the table.

"You can eat now." Then he walked out of my unit. I was about to invite him to eat with me but, maybe he really don't want to interact with me that much. What a weird person cooking food for someone like me. 

While I'm eating the delicious, yes it is, food Hyunseung prepared for me, I received a message from Bea. It's a picture actually. She said that she found something in her old diary and she took a picture of it. I looked at the picture and realized that it was the list of things that I wanted to do with my future boyfriend. Below that list is another list. It's a list of signs to know if a guy is the one for me.

Things I'd Like to Do with My Boyfriend

1. Walking along the streets during spring when the cherry blossoms are in full bloom.

2. Going to the beach riding a train.

3. Picnic in Jeju Island.

4. Good night kisses (I like it on my forehead)

5. Couple ring for us.

6. Stay at home during rainy days.

7. Compose song for each other.

8. Watch fireworks.

9. Cafe hopping.

10. Celebrate Christmas and new year together.

Signs if he's the one! 

1. We met because of coffee.

2. He's crying. Genuine cry, not acting though.

3. We shared an umbrella.

4. I saw him taking picture of me.

5. Sings with me.

6. First to perform my  first ever composition.

7. Watch Shinee's concert with me.

8. When I meet him (not necessary the first time) my favorite song will play and it will start raining.

9. He will be there (coincidentaly) when I watch a fireworks display.

10. He will cook for me. 

He will cook for me. Yeah Hyunseung did cook for me. But. Self. Stop it! The list is nothing. I made it when I was young. When I was too innocent to know what love is. No. No. No. Don't think about the list. Besides, he only satisfied one. So he's not the one. But nevertheless, because of the list, I was able to write a song. The title of the song is Things I’d Like to Do with My Lover. One down, two to go!

Ok. It's 10:30 now. I want to get some coffee and something to eat. Be right back. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's now 11:30.Instead of buying coffee, I ended up buying green tea. I just love green tea! By the way, it took me so long because I watched a firework display. I love fireworks so much! They make me feel good. And it's really amazing to watch the colorful lights in the sky. By the way, I don't know where did he went but I took the elevator with Hyunseung. He's holding a camera. Maybe he went to a photo shoot with Hyuna. Or maybe he took some photos during the firework display. I think I saw him. But maybe it was just my imagination. He seems not the kind of person to like fireworks and going out just to take pictures of lights in the sky. Oh well. Good night. (Please forget about the list!)

-Sohee.