Track 1: One Fine Spring Day (by Super Junior)

Love Playlist

May 23, 2020

I am finally back in Korea. It's been 5 years since the last time I've been here. Dongwoon was very persistent on convincing me to have an exhibit. I cannot refuse him. And besides, it is time for me to comeback.

At 10 am, I went out for a stroll. Unconsciously, I went to my old school. A lot of things have changed but I can still feel and see the memories we've created there. I stood in front of what used to be L'aime Cafe. It is now abandoned but it is still full of memories. While I was admiring my school's beauty I heard a scream. I saw someone riding a bicycle collided with the trashcans on the side of the old cafe. She stood up. She seems fine. Then suddenly the rain started pouring. She ran towards were I was standing. 

"Why did it rain all of a sudden?" She complained. She pouted. She looks like a kid but I know she's in her 20s already. She continued complaining. She haven't realized I was standing beside her. "Omo omo, why does the wind started to blow strongly? Gaaaah it's getting cold!" She again complained. She's wearing a skater skirt topped with a long sleeve blouse. 

The rain kept on pouring. The street started to get flooded. I really don't know what happened but I tried opening the old cafe's door and it did opened. 

"Excuse me." I said. She looked at me. "I think it is better for us to go inside". 

She smiled and said, "No thanks, I'm fine".

I went inside. The cafe still looks the same but it's dusty. The tables and chairs are arranged in a way as if the cafe is still in business. The feeling is nostalgic. 

I heard the door closed. I looked back and saw the girl. She smiled. "Umm the street is already flooded and it's kinda cold outside." I did not answer. "Can I stay here for a while until the rain stops?". I nodded, turn and started looking around.

Silence.

"Wow! This place still looks the same!" She said. "You know what, I used to hangout here with my friends when I was in college, I studied in that university in front."

"I did too." I said without looking at her. I was busy looking at the CDs that were scattered in the counter. 

"What? Hangout here? Study in the University?" She asked. I can hear the excitement from her voice.

"Both."

"What?! OMG! What's your course? What year did you graduated? Do you like this cafe's green tea? Have you heard the band sing?" She asked continuously.

"I graduated 5 years ago with a degree in theater arts. I don't drink green tea but I always come here because of the band."

"Omo omo. We graduated the same year. But I can't remember you. Maybe because I majored in Science." She paused. "I also used to come here for the band. My cousin used to be a part of that band. His name is Doojoon." Of course I know Doojoon. I know him very well. 

"Yes. I know him. I saw him a lot of times here." 

Silence.

An album caught my attention. I picked it up. I put it on the music player near the counter. I did not know what I was thinking back then but I pushed the play button and a song started to play.

"Omo!" She exclaimed. "That's one of the songs the band used to play! It was originally sung by Super Junior but they love playing it here, especially when one of them is broken hearted." She giggled.

I did not respond. Of course I also know this song. I once sang this one. 

The two of us did not talk. We listened to the song. She's looking outside, I can see in her expression that she is enjoying the song. Looking at her, she looks happy. There's no other emotion than happiness. Once again, the feeling is nostalgic. But I liked it. 

We stayed quiet listening up until to the last track. When the last song ended, she once again spoke. 

"I think I can go now." I looked at her. She smiled. "It was good to listen to those songs once again. Thank you for playing them" I nodded. She took a deep breath. "Alright then, I'm going". She turned around, opened the door and was about to get out but then, "By the way, what's your name?" 

I never expected her to ask my name. "Hyunseung." I replied. 

"Nice to meet you Hyunseung! I'm Sohee." I did not respond. "Oh well, I'll go ahead! Goodbye and see you around!" She finally left. 

I took a deep breath.

"It was nice seeing you again Sohee".

- Hyunseung