Track 5: Because I'm Stupid (by SS501)

Love Playlist

September 12, 2014

It's been more than a week since I started studying in Hyuna's school. Everything seems fine but destiny really has its own way of playing with people's emotions. 

Last Friday, an audition was held in order for the director to choose the people who could perform for the play. I auditioned because Hyuna did. The names of those who passed the audition were posted last Saturday. Luckily, I succeeded in auditioning, as well as Hyuna. Though there's no story for the play yet, I know Hyuna will be able to get the female lead role. She's the best. 

At lunch time, the University president, who is very hands-on to the play, made an announcement. He said that he wanted to meet everyone who passed the audition. The call time was 5 pm. I went to the theater 30 minutes earlier because I don't have anywhere else to go. At 5 pm, the University president, Gikwang, arrived. He stood on the stage.

"Aside from the ones who passed the auditions, I would also like to introduce someone who will help the production team. She's here as an intern so I hope the production team, and of course all of you, would help her in performing her task. I want you to meet, Bea." A tall, slim girl went up to the stage. She's pretty and fashionable that at first glance you would think that she's a celebrity or a model. She bowed. 

"Please take care of me." She smiled sweetly. 

"Ok, next announcement. Director Kim will not be able to direct the play." Everyone started talking. Some are worried, some are curious, and some just talk for the sake of talking. "Now, now. Listen. The director has recommended someone who could direct the play. I called the person she recommended and he agreed. So please welcome, Junhyung." The guy went up the stage. He bowed and smiled. Though Hyuna is seated far from me, I saw her expression. She's shocked. I don't know if she's happy, sad or angry, but I know she's in shock. And I can't blame her for that. After not seeing this guy for a long time, he just show up.

Someone raised his hand. The president acknowledged it. The guy said, "Sir, I heard that we do not have a composer right now because Shin went to Julliards to pursue further studies. I'm just wondering if we'll have new songs specially composed for the play."

Gikwang smiled. "Don't worry. Junhung is a composer himself. He even sings and acts. He can do everything so don't worry about that." Junhyung smiled. 

"Well, yes, I can do all those things but I want somebody else to write the songs. I don't want my emotions to affect the play. You know, I'm kinda older than you. I wanted the play to be relatable to your fellow students." He smiled once again. Now the crowd started panicking. How can we have a play without songs?  

"Then what do we do now? We can’t just grab any songs out there! This play must be something special!" Someone from the back said.

"I know. I know. Thus, I am asking you all to help me find a composer, or you can compose a song yourselves." He said happily. I don't like him. 

"Wait!" Bea suddenly said. I know someone who can help us!" she said excitedly.

"And who is that?" Gigwang asked. 

"Wait here. Just wait. I'll get her." Then she runs towards the exit. No one talked while waiting for her to comeback. Even Hyuna is not saying a thing. She's just looking at Junhyung. Dammit! I wish I can read her mind. I wanted to know so badly what she thinks of him. 

After a few minutes, we heard the exit door opening. Bea is dragging someone. 

"So, it's you." Junhyung said. His smile kinda changed, though it's still a smile. Somehow it's warmer? Friendlier?

"Yah! Why am I being dragged here?" Her voice is familiar. Well of course, it is familiar. It's my ex fiancée.

She went up to the stage with Bea. I heard someone wondering why my ex fiancée is in the theater. I bet they don't want to do anything with her.

"Nice choice Bea. I never thought you'll think of her as a composer." Junhyung said.

"Wait! What? You want her to be our composer? She's a science student! She can’t participate in arts related activities, and she can’t even join us here!" someone said angrily.

Junhyung took a deep breath. "So the rivalry is still alive these days? Well, Mr. why not give her a chance? You know she-" even before he can finish his sentence, my ex fiancée spoke.

"He's right Junhung oppa." Oppa? She called him oppa? What is her connection to him? This might anger or saddened Hyuna, whichever it is, it will hurt her. "I am a science student. I can't do this. Besides, what do I know about music." She looked at Bea, "Right?" She took a deep breath. "This is ridiculous." She smiled at Bea. "Thank you for considering me as a composer but sorry, I can't do it." Then she started walking away from Bea, Junhyung and the president. But before she can even have her first step descending from the stage, Junhyung spoke.

"I won’t stop bothering you if you don't accept it." She did not respond. One step. "I will drag you here everyday until you agree to compose". Another step. "Hmm. I will follow you everywhere until you agree." And another step. "Maybe a reunion will do. I will tell your-"

"Fine! I'll do it!." Everyone was surprised.She's afraid of something. A reunion? What does that mean?

"That's great!" Gikwang said happily, though there's nervousness in his voice. 

Most of the people in the theater disagreed with my ex fiancée’s decision. 

"Ok. Ok. To make it fair to everyone, let's give Sohee a chance to compose 3 songs. When she's done with it, then that's it. You will never see her here again." 

"Do you think a science student like her will be able to make a good song?" the one sitting beside me asked Junhyung.

"I do believe in her. I know she can do it."

The meeting ended a few minutes after that. I saw Hyuna went out first. I followed her. I saw her run to her car. She was crying. I know. I can feel it.

Why can’t I do anything for her right now? I came back for her. To make her happy. But why can’t I do anything right now? Why?

-Hyunseung