Track 10: Rewind (by Gavy NJ)

Love Playlist

October 3, 2014

Even though I don't want to do anything with the play anymore after I wrote the songs, I have no choice but to attend the auditions today. Junhyung oppa asked me to join him decide who will play each character in his play. Before I went to the theater this morning, he hasn't told me what the story will be. He told me yesterday that it will be a surprise, that it will be more exciting if we will hear the storyline together after the auditions.

During the auditions, I sat between Junhyung oppa and Bea. Gikwang oppa is beside Bea. The four of us served as judges. I was invited to judge because I was the one who composed the songs. Oppa wanted me to pick the top four who bring out the best in the songs. Gikwang oppa was a judge because he is the president and he's a theater enthusiast. Bea joined us because like what Junhyung oppa said, we need to get not only the most talented but those who look good on stage. 

Hyunseung and Hyuna sang Things I Like to Do With My Lover. They were amazing! They have an amazing chemistry. They sing well, they can dance, they can act, and the two of them are just too talented. While they're singing, they made me feel happy. They brought out that happiness, excitement, and sincerity that I pour on to that song. They gave justice to what I have felt when I've written the song. While singing, they were communicating through their eyes. It's kinda romantic. After their performance, everyone was in love, and happy.

After everyone performed, Junhyung oppa went to the stage. He first announced the ones who got supporting characters. 

"And for the lead characters, we chose Hyuna, and Hyunseung." They did it. I admired Junhyung oppa for his professionalism. If I were him, I will not choose Hyunseung, especially when I know that he is also in love with the one I love. "And now, I know everyone is excited to hear what the story will be." Everyone said yes including Bea, Gikwang oppa and I. "Okay, the title of the play will be Four Seasons."

"Why four seasons?" Someone from the back asked.

"Well, simply because we will show four love stories set in four different seasons and different times. But the twist is that there's only one couple. It's just that they're being reincarnated. How their love will work, that's what we are going to show." It's a brilliant idea, I must say. "Okay. The first season is Summer. We will use Will You Be Alright. Summer will be set in the 16th century. The main characters will be celebrating their 2nd anniversary as a couple. But after that, the guy will leave the girl because he saw his love falling for someone. And because he wanted her to be happy he left her." I almost spit out what I was drinking when I heard that. The story sounds so familiar. "The next season will be Autumn. It will be set during the 19th century. In this story, the girl is in a relationship with another man. But she became friends with the main guy. When she and her boyfriend broke up, the guy entered into the picture. They will become a couple but in the end, the guy will once again forced to leave because he's being changed by pride, and jealousy. He will leave to cure himself in order for him to love her as a whole. We will use Blind for this story." Gikwang oppa almost choked because of this. I, and he knows this story is similar to Junhyung oppa and Hyuna's story. "The next season is Winter. I will write the song for this. The story will be set during the early 20th century. The two main characters will be engaged in this story. But before the wedding, the girl will run away because she found out that the guy she's about to marry is already in love with another person." Now it was time for Bea to spill her drink. She wasn’t able to stop herself. She looked at me but I did not say anything. Indeed, that story is like our story."The last story is the Spring. Set at present. We'll use the song Things I Like to Do with My Lover. This time, there will be no more running. The two will get to know each other more. They will take time to fall in love for after all what they have been through throughout the centuries, they know that they will end up together this time." 

In my opinion, Junhyung oppa's story is good. I can't wait to see what will happen. I just hope that like his story, all of us will be given another chance. A second chance for Hyuna to love again. A second chance for Junhyung oppa to prove his love. A second chance for Hyunseung to fight for his love. And a second chance for me to find the one for me. 

After the auditions, I saw Hyunseung and Hyuna go together. They look happy together. But with that happiness, there is a heart being torn. Pain, huh. I still can't understand what Gikwang oppa told me. Maybe I'm too inexperienced to know about that. Maybe only when I'm hurt will I know what pain is for.

---------------------------------------

Gotta go. I will ask Yoseob right now if he want to watch SHINee concert with me two weeks from now. I hope he'll say yes!!!!

-Sohee