Track 11: Colors of the Season (by SHINee)

Love Playlist

October 19, 2014

I just woke up. It's 3 in the afternoon. I feel really really tired. My feet don't want to move unless I exert some effort to move them. It must be because I stood for a long time last night. My head is aching because I slept late. No. It was early in the morning. It's 4 am. My whole body is in pain. I've never stayed that late in my entire life. I'm so used to sleeping at 12. 12 midnight should be the latest but this time I reached 4 am. It is all because of that girl. I don't know what's up with me and my very helpful mind that I accompanied her to a concert last night. I could have just spent the night with Hyuna. Or I could have just stayed with Yoseob or took some pictures outside. But I decided to be with her. It's not like she's a friend or somewhat special. She's just my neighbor, schoolmate, and of course my ex-fiancée.  I've never talked to her before. Our parents had that strict agreement that we will not meet until our wedding day. But she ran away so I never had the chance to see her or talk to her before I met her that day I met Hyuna in school. My first impression: she's simple. Plain and simple. She came from a respected family of businessmen and chefs. I expected her to be classy, and fashionable. I thought she would look like a princess or someone who has a high social status. But no, she's just simple. That day when I saw her for the first time, she wasn't wearing any make up. She's wearing black tight jeans matched with checkered button-down. She's wearing a pair of old sneakers. Her hair was up in a ponytail. She even looked simpler and more common when she wears that uniform in the cafe. Somehow, interacting with her made it possible for me to know her better. Before I met her, I thought she's snobbish and arrogant because that's how I usually see people from the upper class. But she's different. Like I said, she's simple. But I saw how idealistic she is. I think she's idealistic in every aspect of her life. Even in love. She looks hard working to me. I never thought how she learned working for herself but I am impressed that she can study and work at the same time. She values everything that she has, even her friends. She even became friends with Yoseob, someone who is not friendly at all.

Why am I talking about her all of a sudden? 

Oh, it's because of what happened yesterday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday morning, I wanted to talk to Yoseob about a song but even before I knock at the door it opened. My ex-fiancée came out of Yoseob's room. I gave her a suspicious look.

"Hi." She looked as if she was rejected by the man she loves the most. I raised an eyebrow. "What?" She asked. I can feel she started to get irritated at that time.

"Why are you coming out from a man's room? You're a lady. You should be more careful." I lectured. I was in a good mood so I have the time to joke around, even with her. 

"Yeah yeah. I know. Ok. Bye." She said as if she's not really paying attention to what is happening. She looked really sad and disappointed.

I entered Yoseob's room. He was lying on the sofa. He looked sick.

"Hey what happened to you?" I asked him as I approached him.

"Sick."

"What about you and Sohee?" I asked. Just curious. I know they do not have a romantic relationship but I'm just curious why she looked like that after seeing Yoseob.

"Oh. About that. I promised her that I will watch a concert with her tonight but then here I am. I'm so sick. I cannot accompany her. She was so upset. She even bought two VIP tickets so that we can see the artists up close, and so that we can enjoy but then this illness ruined it all." He also looked disappointed.

"So, she's not going then? She can go if she really wants to, even without you." I told him.

"Well, she's going. What makes her upset is the fact that she's going alone." Oh. Does she feel something for Yoseob? Why does she need to be upset? "But I will surprise her. I will call a friend to join her." He said. He grabbed his phone and dialed someone's number. "Hey Park! What's up dude? Are you free tonight? Great man. I want you to accompany a friend of mine at a concert tonight. She'll be waiting for you at our restaurant near the Han River at 6 pm. Just tell the receptionist that you have a reservation under my name. Ok. Ok. Dude. Thank you so much!" 

"Park?" I asked him. The name rings a bell and it sounds suspicious.

"Park. As in Park. Our classmate when we're still studying law." Oh that Park. 

"Why did you choose him to accompany Sohee?"

"Why not?"

"You know he has a bad reputation. He is a player. And who knows what he can do to her?" I argued. His name alone doesn’t sound good to me.

"Look. He changed already. He's a changed man. What's in the past is in the past." I did not answer. Yoseob must have realized that I was bothered so he told me, "Look man, everything's gonna be fine. I promise that whatever will happen to Sohee, I will be responsible for it." After that I left him. I wasn't able to bring up what I went there for. I became too irritated and worried because of the fact that Park will be with Sohee. It's not as if I'm in love with Sohee and I'm jelous. It's just that I don’t trust that Park. I've heard stories about him and they are not good. And I've seen him on act as well so I don't feel good about Yoseob's idea. 

At 5:30 I saw Sohee leave. I don't know what happened but after a few minutes I found myself sitting in front of Sohee. She was surprised, of course. She just stared at me. She wasn’t even eating. 

"Ehem." To break the silence. She shook her head.

"Wha- what are you doing here?" She asked me.

"Yoseob sent me here." I lied.

"Oh! I never thought he'd send someone. He just told me to eat here before I go to the concert, as compensation." She smiled. Then she continued eating. The restaurant has a glass wall so I saw Park coming out of his car. I stood up. My ex-fiancée was shocked.

"Let's go." I told her.

"What? But-" I grabbed her wrist and pulled her. Even before Park entered, I was able to dragged my ex-fiancée out of the restaurant. I dragged her to my car.

"Yah! What was that all about?" She asked me. She's a bit angry because I just dragged her out and she wasn’t able to finish her meal.

"Well" It was hard to think for an alibi. "I just thought that we should be early at the venue. This is a concert so there will be a lot of people. I don’t want to line up. Let's go." I got into my car. She got into my car. The venue was a bit far so I'm thankful that we left early. She kept on looking at me so I asked her what's wrong.

"Well. ummm. Your clothes."

"What about it?" I asked her.

"It's a bit off I guess." She said. I was wearing the suit I wore during a meeting with my father during lunch. I forgot to change my clothes.

"I'll be fine." I told her. 

"Nope. It will be crowded. There will be a lot of people so it will be hot. Come on. The show will start at 8 pm. There's a shopping center beside the concert hall. Let's buy some clothes."

When we reached the venue we immediately went to the shopping center. We only bought a pair of jeans because she said that she wanted to buy me a souvenir from the concert. She bought a shirt which has a "SHINEE" printed on it. When I changed clothes, she seemed delighted to see me wearing a fandom shirt.

The concert hall was full of people. Even if we've got VIP tickets, there are still a lot of people. When the artists started performing the people around me started to transform into energetic people. They sang along. They danced. They even jumped and jumped. What annoyed me at that concert is the noise. It's too much for my ears. Especially when the artists started throwing stuffed toys. The girls were screaming so loud that I felt my eardrums were broken. My ex-fiancée on the other hand was enjoying every song. She was smiling the whole time. She screams whenever the guy wearing a shirt with "Minho" printed on his shirt come near us. When the artist started throwing the stuffed toys, she tried catching one but she was short. Her arms can't reach them. She looked a bit sad when she wasn't able to catch any. But then, after their last song, the guys threw the last batch of stuffed toys. I caught one and gave it to her. After the concert, I heard someone saying "Wow. She's so lucky. She managed to bring her boyfriend here. He even caught that stuffed toy for her." I didn’t know how to feel about that. My ex fiancée did not hear that because she was in a dreamy state after the concert. She's not talking. She's just smiling. I even have to direct her where to go because she's really out of her mind. When we're already in the car she suddenly screamed.

"OMG! Finally I saw them!! And I even got this stuffed toy from Minho oppa!!!" She said happily. I did not say anything. I just let her talk and giggle as we're driving home. We reach home at around 2 am. The concert ended at 12 midnight. Because there were a lot of people we were able to get out of the concert hall at 1. 

I thought I can finally rest when we arrived but even before I can enter in the condo's lobby, my ex-fiancée asked me if we can have some coffee. Since I haven’t eaten anything since my meeting with my father I accepted her invitation. We went to a cafe not so far from our condo. Instead of coffee, she ordered green tea. 

"I thought you want coffee?" I asked her.

"Well I wanted to sleep after so I ordered green tea." She took a sip from her mug. "So, how did you find the concert?" She asked me. She's was hopeful that I will tell her something great.

"Well, it was noisy. There are a lot of people so I got irritated." She made a sad face. "But their music was good." Her face was enlightened. "You know what, SHINee's songs helped me a lot. When I'm sad, I always listen to their songs. Jonghyun has a very soothing voice. Onew's voice moves me every time I listen to him. Key and Taemin both have good voices as well. But most of all, just a glimpse of Minho can make my day. I really really love him. He is so nice. He is very charismatic. Oh I just love him." She said. I don't know how to react so I just smiled at her. 

After we finished out drinks I told her that I'm really really tired so we return home immediately after that.

Because of her, I am here, at home while in fact I should be outside with Hyuna.

But it's a bit fun to view the photos I took last night.

 

- Hyunseung