Track 2: Nice to Meet You (by G.na ft. Wheesung)

Love Playlist

September 1, 2014

Today is the first day of class. Being a 4th year college is quite challenging I guess. I have to manage my time. I must divide it evenly in order for me to be able to work in the coffee shop, study, and to have a social life. 

"Unnie!" someone shouted. I had the strange feeling that it was I who that person was calling but I decided not to look who it was. I continue walking. "Unnie!" The person shouted once again. This time I turn around and I got really surprised to see who it was. It's Bea.My bestfriend and the daughter of my mom's bestfriend.

"Unnie!" She said again. Then she hugged me. "Sohee unnie! I miss you so much!" She let go. She stared at me, she's happy, obviously. I can't believe that at this time of the year, she's here in Korea. 

"Yah! What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in Paris, studying!" I told her. She once again smiled.

"Unnie, I'm here for my internship!"

"Internship?"

"Yup!  I heard from my brother that the university will celebrate it's golden anniversary and because of that the school committee has decided to have a series of events including a very gigantic play."

"And what does that have anything to do with your internship?" I asked this even though I know the answer.

"Unnie, have you forgotten, I'm a fashion design student. And my mission for the University's anniversary is to have the best constumes for the actors in the play. If I have to design one, then I'll do it." She said passionately.

The bell rang. I told her that I have to go to class. I promised her that I will meet her during lunch. I have lots of things to say to her. 

---------------------------------

Lunch break. After my class, I met Bea at the cafeteria.

"Bea, tell me, did my father know already where am I?"  I asked her. I need to confirm this one. If my father knew where I was, then it's time for me to leave.

She shook her head. "No unnie. Uncle will never dare to ask his investigators to come here and find you. Uncle believes in what my brother says." She paused for a while. Maybe she's thinking of something to cheer me up. "Unnie, don't worry. Dad and oppa are protecting you. They will never break their promise to your mom." She assured me.Bea's dad is my mom's bestfriend. Before my mom and dad divorced, mom made uncle to promise that he will protect me from anyone, including my dad.

I don't have anything to say. I just nodded. Even though I did not want to drag them, I still did drag them in this crazy situation of mine.

The cafeteria is very noisy. I wanted to get out. Ever since I was young, I hated crowded places, well, except for concerts, especially SHINee concerts. I also hated being trapped. I always wanted to have freedom. That's why two years ago, I did something for my freedom. 

I could not take the noisiness in the cafeteria. I stood up. Bea gave me a puzzled look.

"Come on. I'll show you where the theater is." She smiled and stood up immediately. I lead the way. The Theater is on the northern part of the university. It is beside the Fine Arts compound. Actually, a Science student like me is not supposed to set foot in the Fine Arts territory. A long time ago there's a war among the colleges' faculty, however, as time passes by, even the students started hating each other. Prejudice is kinda rampant. I decided to show Bea the theater because I am confident that no one will be there during lunch time. I should know, I'm always there to relax and to concentrate.

"Here we are" I told Bea.

"Wow Unnie! This theater is huge! I never expected this one to be this huge!" She started looking around. She went to the stage, to the orchestra and to the other parts of the theater. She's really amazed how the theater looks like. She's also fascinated with the equipments. I am sure she's excited to work for the play.

Ringgggggg. Bea's phone rang. Basing on how she's taking and on the subject of their conversation, I am sure that it's Gikwang oppa, the president of the University, and Bea's older brother.

"Omo. Unnie. I need to go now. Oppa wants to meet me." She said. I nodded. She hugged me. She let go. "I'll call you later. I want to eat dinner with you!"

"Okay. I'll meet you later." Then she left. 

I looked at my watch. 12:45. Maybe I should stay a bit longer. The silence makes me feel happy and comfortable. I closed my eyes. I opened them. 12:55. Shoots. I'm gonna be late. I walked towards the door. I opened it. I get out. I should have continued walking but my feet froze. There are two people standing in front of the theater. The one on the left is Hyuna, the school's greatest theater actress. She's talking to the one on the right. It's a guy. I looked at him. I stared at him. I realized who he is. It's him. It's Hyunseung. He might have not noticed me. I tried walking away but I can't. My body just won't move. Why is it like this? He's not even looking at me. He's staring at Hyuna! The way he looked at her is like how my grandfather looked at my grandmother when they finally met after 15 years of being separated due to my grandfather’s illness. It was longing that I saw in his eyes. I should not care but I can't help staring and I can't move. 

Hyuna broke the staring game and gave me a threatening stare. Hyunseung is still looking at her.

"You", Hyuna said. I felt power and superiority in her voice. "You're from the Sciences right?" An eyebrow raised.

"Yes." I replied. Hyunseung heard me but he kept on looking at Hyuna.

"Yoon Sohee, right?" I nodded. "You should not be here. Go back to your college". I nodded and started walking away.

"Stop." Someone said. It was Hyunseung. "Yoon Sohee..." I turned to him. He's looking at me. "Finally. It's my pleasure to meet you." He smiled. I can't read his expressions but I am sure they have changed. 

The bell rang. Thank goodness! I will be forever thankful to all the bells in this world, I swear!

I smiled at him. Turn around and started running for I don't want to be late, and I don't want to face Hyunseung. Not now. 

- Sohee