Chapter 6/33

Perplexed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: So here is part 6. I’m on a roll with this fic at the moment, I can see where it is headed for the next few chapters so yey!! Anyway, please enjoy. XxxX

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

After that day at the coffee shop, Jinki was beginning to feel safer around Key. They had chatted and hung out twice since then and Key hadn’t tried any funny business. That was why he was especially looking forward to this evening. Key had invited him to come and watch the dress rehearsal for ‘The Taming Of The Shrew’ and even though Onew was busy working and preparing for finals, he decided to take the evening off to support his friend. Key had complained how hardly anyone ever came to the dress rehearsal because they didn’t want to spoil the surprises for the final performance or, they just weren’t interested in any of their performances. Jinki knew that Key and the rest of his class needed an audience to perform for, even if just a small one – it would really help them. That being said, even though he didn’t want to let Key down, he also didn’t want to go by himself. Luckily for Onew, it wasn’t that hard to get Minho to go too; not after Taemin had invited him.

Currently, Minho and Jinki were in Onew’s bedroom. They were hanging out and killing time until 7pm when the rehearsal would begin.

“So, what exactly is going on with you and Kibum?” Minho asked, he couldn’t keep his curiosity to himself any longer.

“We’re just friends, why?” Jinki asked; a little caught off guard about the question.

“Well, you both met at my party. You then proceeded to blush whenever you saw him at the university. Then there was that lunch time when he talked to you, and you just bolted for the door like your chair was on fire.” Minho responded with one eyebrow raised and a stern look that said ‘don’t even bother trying to lie to me.’
So Jinki finally spilled the beans and recounted all of their meetings, including that night at the party.

“So you still want to be friends with him, even though his intentions are clearly different?” Minho asked, now feeling a bit perplexed and in disbelief at his best friend’s actions.

“Well, actually, I think we have put that behind us and instead we are becoming pretty good friends. We actually have a lot in common.” Jinki finished with a smile as he remembered their recent interactions.

“Listen, Jinki, I’m happier than anyone that you’re making friends, but I feel like I can’t trust this guy… the way he acts around you suggests he still has the intention to get you into bed.” Minho finished, he never liked Key to begin with and now he has even more reason to dislike him.

“You haven’t seen us hanging out since we decided to forget all of that. I think you should give him a chance Minho.” Jinki said; feeling a little betrayed that Minho thought he had no idea what was going on.

Maybe he is new at building friendships and Minho did know better than him, but he trusted Key and he was happy. Hopefully Minho can learn to trust Kibum too.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Later that evening, Key looked down from the stage to see a friendly face. Onew actually came! He thought that the older boy would be too busy. Kibum noticed that he had come with ‘The Frog’ and he couldn’t bring himself to even care. It meant a lot to him that someone even came to watch him – especially something like just a dress rehearsal. 

Strictly speaking, no one had ever come to watch him perform. His mother and father were always too busy working, and even though he knew Jonghyun wouldn’t miss coming to see him perform; the older boy always ended up as part of the orchestra anyway. To know someone that he invited had actually taken time out of their busy schedule to attend – well, it meant a lot. As the younger boy was lost in thought, Jinki must have noticed him because he was waving like a mad man in Kibum’s direction. Key looked back behind the stage to make sure nobody needed him, before he jumped off the stage and approached Onew.

“Hey! You came.” The younger boy said with a genuine smile.

“Of course, I said I would.” Jinki replied.

“Yeah…well, thanks for coming. I hope it doesn’t completely , or bore you to death.” Key said with a bashful laugh.

“I’m sure it will be great and besides, we are both history majors so we are hard people to bore.” Onew offered in response; making the younger boy laugh.

“Oh, that’s good then. Sorry – I didn’t greet you. Choi Minho, right?” Key said with a slightly forced smile.

“Yeah…nice to meet you properly for the first time. Onew has told me a lot about you, Kim Kibum.” Minho responded with an air of superiority that just rubbed Key the wrong way.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter