Chapter 20/33

Perplexed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello everyone. I am back with a chapter for you all. This is a very special treat to mark the 20th chapter. You will see why ;). Enjoy. XxX

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

“Y-you don't mean that Jinki...” Kibum spoke in a soft whisper.
“Yes I do. I know all about the boys you ed with in the past. All the one night stands and casual hookups...hell, even those guys were all rich as !” Jinki continued, the anger in his voice becoming the driving point for the hurtful words that were leaving his lips.
Kibum wasn't giving him a reaction. Key was being calm, angry, hurt but calm and Jinki wanted a rise out of him.

“You're a pretentious, gold digging, whiny little ! That's all you will ever be and STILL you will think that I am beneath you.” Jinki hurled Kibum's bag onto the grass below; trying to push those buttons and stretch the strands of Kibum's patience and calm.

“D-don't say that...” Key began but he was cut off again by the older boy.

“You're just like your parents Kibum, you know that. Just like your father. You use people to get what you want and then stomp all over them in the end. My father told me what your family is really like and I didn't want to believe that you are the same. Now I see it though. You were just using me for good grades and waiting it out until I would you. You're ashamed to be with an average kid. Just get out of my face Kibum!” Jinki finished, his chest heaving with malice.

“Just like your father. Just like your father. Just like your father.” Is all that Kibum could hear echoing in his head and he finally got angry, out of control and said things he shouldn't have.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

It had now been exactly 1hour and 20minutes since Kibum had slammed his door in Jinki's face. He knows because he has been staring at the clock the entire time. Onew had tried talking to him through the door at first but soon gave up when there was no response.

Key is brought back to earth again, his hurts like hell from sitting on the hard floor. His shoulders are tense and aching from leaning against the door but he doesn't have any strength or will to move.

“Please Kibum... just...let me apologise please?” Jinki says in a meek voice, so quiet and fragile but still, Key catches it; even through the heavy wooden door.

“I'll sleep here all night and you have to come out at some point, so why don't we just spare all the drama and do it now?” Jinki adds, his voice is stronger and more stubborn than before.

“It's too late for ing apologies Jinki” Kibum hisses. It is the first thing he has muttered in the last hour and 25minutes. He hears a distinct sigh from Jinki's side of the door and figures that the older boy is probably glad that he isn't talking to himself afterall.

“It's never too late Key and you owe me a 'ing' apology too.” Jinki states with a lilt of anger in his voice but it is more like exasperation at this point.

This perks Kibum up and he becomes intrigued at what Jinki really wants to say. With that, he stands up on his slightly numb legs. His is completely asleep and he wobbles like bambi on ice as he pulls the door open a fraction.
It is probably good that he didn't just yank it open like usual because Jinki is slumped against the other side and he sees the older boy fall backwards with the door before scrambling awkwardly to his feet.

“I'd like to know exactly why you think that I need to apologize. You have five minutes.” Key says as he walks back into his room but leaves the door ajar in an open invitation.

Jinki creeps in quietly and observes Kibum sitting in the large window, back facing him and looking out into the large garden below.

“Well, firstly...” Jinki begins as his socked feet shuffle towards the younger male. “...I am sorry for everything that I said. It was too harsh and I was caught up in the moment and I really don't believe any of that crap that I spouted at you.” Onew says quietly, now standing behind Kibum at a safe distance.

“Then why did you say it? It didn't come from nowhere Onew, it must have been building inside of you for a while now.” Key replies, but he doesn't once look back at the older boy. He keeps his gaze fixed on the landscape and he doesn't know what he is even looking at. He could be staring at a blank wall for all his mind cares, he is just using it as an excuse not to look at Jinki.

“Yeah, it was building up inside of me and do you know why?” Onew says, more forcefully now.

“Why?” Kibum mutters with a stern expression that can be heard in his voice.

“Because you wouldn't let me in Kibum. You wouldn't tell me what was going on. Why you were keeping me away from the house, from your parents. None of it. It drove me ing insane and I became paranoid and I say stupid when I'm paranoid.” Jinki heaves, his voice cracking at the emotions wanting to explode. He pushes them down though because he can't be emotional right now, he needs to be rational and clear.

At this, Kibum finally turns around. His face is stoic and stern. His breathing has increased and his palms are balled into tight fists by his side.

“What? You think it's so damn easy? So easy to admit to someone that your parents are the worst kinds of people on earth. That they pick on the weak to become stronger. That they are bullies and that even despite all of this, they still would never approve of you?” Key's chest is heaving and his voice is trembling with a mix of emotion and anger.

Jinki moves in closer and reaches out a hand to place on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter