Chapter 14/33

Perplexed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TRIPLE UPDATE INCOMING :) ....

 

A/N: Here is an update for you all, I really like this chapter so I hope you do too. Enjoy.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

The red digital numbers blink on the bedside table as Jinki’s eyes blur open; 3:47am the time read, and Onew furrows his brows; wondering where he was and why he was awake so early. The next thing though, he can hear an unpleasant whine and a cough coming from the bathroom, followed by the sound of somebody pouring water into a toilet. He surveys his surroundings and then he realises he is in Kibum’s bed and he remembers what had happened before they fell asleep. It kind-of feels like a dream right now since Jinki’s head is still very fuzzy and pounding a little behind his eyes. He hears the sound again and decides to go check it out. He notices that Key isn’t beside him in the bed anymore and so it is probably the younger boy who is making the whining noise.

As Onew enters the bathroom though, he instantly gags at the sour smell that attacks his nostrils, blocks his throat and makes his eyes sting a little.

“ Key, are you okay?” Jinki asks as he notices the younger boy’s frame hunched over the toilet, his muscles shaking and skin deathly pale, there is a sheen of sweat across his and Jinki can see the muscles as they ripple in an over demanding way, as more vomit is forced out of Kibum’s stomach.
Key doesn’t answer Jinki though; he just pants heavily and shakes his head. He doesn’t want Onew to see him like this, it is embarrassing and gross.

Jinki takes a few steps towards the younger boy and is immediately met with a throaty “N-no.” Jinki knows that Key wants him to go back to bed and leave him, but Onew doesn’t listen and continues to walk over before he sits on the edge of the bath.

“J-jinki, go back to bed.” Key pants and he lifts his head to look Onew in the eyes, bloodshot eyes meet Jinki’s and something churns in the older boy’s chest as he sees the helpless look on Kibum’s face.

“I’m not going anywhere” Onew answers; the simple statement holding much more than it was meant to and finally, Key resigns himself as he slumps back over the toilet bowl. Jinki’s palm comes down from where he is sat on the edge of the bathtub and rubs comforting circles across the back of the younger boy’s shoulder blades. Somewhere deep inside, Key is grateful for the care as he feels his muscles relax a little before the next round of vomiting resumes.

Jinki isn’t sure how long he sits there, idly Kibum’s shoulders, spine, hips and back before Key finally stops throwing up; nothing left in the younger boy’s stomach. Onew brings Key back to bed and grabs one of the waste paper bins. He fills the bottom with some of Kibum’s bath foam and places it carefully next to Kibum’s side of the bed, just in-case the younger needs to throw up again later. The older boy pulls Key close into his side and hugs him for a long time, there are no words spoken and they don’t talk about what happened only a few hours prior and Key is thankful because he really isn’t in the mood to talk at all. He does manage to whisper a small “Thank you” though before he finally drifts back into dreamland; cradled in Onew’s arms and feeling a little more content.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

It is already 1pm when Key wakes up and he feels like . He rolls over and sighs heavily when he sees that Jinki is no longer lying beside him. For a brief moment, Kibum thinks that maybe he had made everything up but then he notices a text on his phone from Onew:
 

Hey Bum,
I had to go because my mum called me, I have an appointment that I forgot about today. I’ll see you at Uni on Monday though and thanks for letting me stay over. XOXO


It was vague but Key feels better that he had sent a message and he guesses it couldn’t be helped. Though he wishes he knew Jinki’s thoughts about what happened last night. He is left to stew over the weekend, going insane.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

It’s Sunday morning as Jonghyun barges into Key’s marble foyer with a big smile; one of the maids informs Jonghyun that Kibum is in his room.

Instead of waiting for the maid to go and fetch his best friend, he simply bows in thanks and begins to climb the stairs two at a time until he reaches the large oak door. When he pushes it aside, he is shocked to find that Key is actually awake and sitting by the window, seemingly staring into space.

“Hey…Bummie?” Jonghyun says quietly as he lets the door close heavily and approaches his best friend. He had been hyper and was going to drag Key out to the arcade or something but seeing the sombre look on the younger boy’s face had changed his mind.

“Hey” Key said as he turns around to face Jonghyun, his legs dangling two inches from the floor as he still sits on the large sill of the bay window.

“You okay? What’s up?” Jonghyun asks as he takes a seat next to his best friend who suddenly looks so much smaller than usual, he was taken back to the day Kibum’s grandmother had passed away. 

They had sat in this same window; the sun was shining too brightly for the occasion. Key’s legs were even shorter and swinging rapidly as the 12 year old boy had tried to hold back his tears.

“I-I don’t really know” Key says as he glances up from his feet to look at Jonghyun quickly before looking back down again.
“I-I was so happy, like – I thought that finally I had found someone who liked me back. Someone I was truly happy with but – I woke up yesterday morning and he wasn’t there and…” Key stops and the swinging of his legs increases and Jonghyun knows, he knows this tell-tale habit and so he knows the tears are coming before he even sees them. He pulls Kibum into his chest and holds him tightly, running his hands soothingly through his best friend’s hair as the younger boy’s tears finally spill over and begin dampening his navy blue shirt.

“Shhh, it’s okay to cry Bum. How many times have I told you that? It’s okay.” Jonghyun hushes him and continues to hold him securely.

After a while, Key calms down enough, and manages to wash his face in the bathroom to get rid of the sticky tear marks.

“Did he just leave? …Without saying anything?” Jonghyun asks with a frown.

“No, he left me a message and told me that he had an appointment.” Key mumbles and Jonghyun looks even more puzzled then, because he doesn’t understand why Kibum is thisupset. Sure it , but he knows that Key would have understood, it couldn’t be helped.

“So…” Jonghyun asks, the question fully implied.

“So, it’s not just that. We – we did some stuff on Friday night and I thought, maybe he was ready to admit his feelings or something. Earlier that evening though, at the party, he still couldn’t tell me his true feelings for me and I just… god I’m so stupid!” Key says, feeling frustrated and tugging at his hair as he sits in the window and flails around a little bit in annoyance with himself.

“Wait wait wait… so you two??…y’know…???” Jonghyun askes with raised eyebrows and a shocked face.

“No-no, we didn’t have Jjong but we did some other… things… and then I was throwing up in the bathroom and he hugged me and helped me and we cuddled and I fell asleep so content and then in the morning, he was just gone. He said we will talk on Monday but it’s killing me because I know he isn’t going to be able to admit his feelings to me, and I said I would wait for him… but now I feel like I’ve ed everything up because even though I know all of this, it still rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter