Chapter 1/33

Perplexed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
A/N: So here it is! The Onkey that I have been promising you for a few weeks now. I am finally happy enough to post this so here you go. The forward will give you all some detail about the story before the chapter begins so please read it :).

Other than that... Enjoy!.
  -o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o- Forward:

Onew [Lee Jinki] - Dorky but utterly handsome third year at university. Lots of girls like him but he shoots them all down with polite rejections and has garnered a reputation as the school bookworm. He is 1st in the entire third year as far as intelligence and exam results go. Most people believe he turns down the girls because he is too serious to date as he wants to focus on his studies. None the less, the girls just keep on coming.

Key [Kim Kibum] - Key is flamboyant, in the school drama and art department. He also dabbles a little in the music department with his best friend: Jonghyun. Key is outgoing, he will talk to anyone and is openly gay however, he has also turned down many guys who have shown interest in him in the past and people think it is because he is too busy partying and having fun to be tied down. That is the reason that Key tells himself too, he has made out and fumbled around with plenty of guys at parties but they have never lasted to a relationship and any guy accepting Key’s advances are fully aware that he is in this for a quick fling and a bit of fun.

Overall, this is the story of two very different people from two different social circles, walks of life, university years and class. Oh yes, did I mention that Key’s family is insanely rich and powerful? Oh sorry about that. Well, Onew is just ordinary… not struggling for money but not really rich either. He works a part time job not for money but because his parents want him to know the value of money and put in the effort. He pay’s his parents a small amount in rent in return for his mum and dad giving him food, doing his laundry and putting a roof over his head.

Despite a lot of pressure in his classes Key has quite an easy life and with Jonghyun beside him, nothing can bring him down… until he meets Jinki.

Jinki is doing well at school, he has his best friend Minho by his side and nothing short of an earthquake can knock Jinki down…. Until he meets one Kim Kibum. -o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o- So lets go back to the beginning shall we?...

It was a warm summer afternoon and Jinki and Minho were sat on the wooden picnic benches in the university square. The grass was playing lazily in the wind and brushing against the hem on the bottom of Jinki’s black jeans. His large military boots were placed on the bottom of his feet like they were every day; despite the hot temperatures (they are comfy, Jinki insisted one day when Minho asked if the older boy even had another pair of shoes.) The sun beat down on the back of Jinki’s strong shoulders and bounced back into the atmosphere when it hit the boy’s white baggy t-shirt that was blowing in the wind. With his short brown hair falling over his glasses Onew finally glanced over at Minho.

Minho was also wearing jeans but they came to just below the knee and on the bottom he wore a pair of stylish white loafers. His shirt was similar to Jinki’s in the way it was just a little bit too big for his frame but Minho’s was blue and looked like it was supposed to be worn in an oversized fashion, unlike Jinki’s that looked like he stole it from a truck driver on the way to class this morning.

Despite the older boy’s clear lack of style or rather his lack of care about his style, Minho found that Onew was still very attractive. The girls could see it, the guys could see it but Jinki refused to ever really acknowledge it or show it off. Onew preferred to be invisible and stay that way. It took a whole 2 years for Minho to become Jinki’s friend back when they were younger. And since they have grown up, Onew has only become more and more closed off to meeting new people.
He’s not saying that Jinki didn’t know how to be polite. Hell, he was one of the friendliest people around, but behind his big smile and shining eyes was a scared little boy who has stopped seeking for acceptance at the fear of being rejected and thrown away.

So, enough reminiscing, let’s get back to the task at hand.

Both Onew and Minho were studying their text books, the wind occasionally flipping the pages whilst they tried to read and it was really beginning to irritate Minho.

“I love sunshine as much as the next guy but tell me again why we are sitting in the hot sun, with the annoying wind blowing all my papers around when we could be in the nice air-conditioned library?” Minho asked with a huff.

“I never said you had to join me, and I came out here because studying in a fresh location can really help sometimes, especially in the sun because the sun’s rays give off a good energy that is absorbed by your skin and makes you feel good, therefore makes everything you are reading easier to take in.” Jinki finished his ramble with a small smile as he watched his best friend fold his arms and huff next to him.

“Next time, I’ll ask for the key notes version.” Minho replied.

“Hey, you asked the question, I just answered it.” Jinki said with a knowing grin and that’s when Minho knew he was playing around a little and just being overly chattery to annoy him.

“Whatever… So are we gonna move inside or what?” Minho challenged once more.

“Fine, whatever you want. Let’s go back to the library if you’re that bothered, I wanna stop by the cafeteria and get something to eat on the way anyway.” Jinki said, closing his book and giving his best friend his winning eye smile.

Minho could only chuckle in response as they both began packing up their papers into their bags. So off they went in search of food and air conditioning. -o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o- Unbeknownst to the two chuckling friends, across the courtyard lay another pair of best friends. Their names were Key and Jonghyun. The shorter of the two was laying in the grass on his stomach while listening to a song on his iPod, with an earphone pressed into his left ear its partner could be found in the taller boy’s right ear. Kibum was also laying on his front but reading a play for his English and drama classes – the title read: ‘The taming of the shrew, by William Shakespeare.’ This was a classic tale of an unruly woman and her preciously perfect sister who are eventually courted by some noble and some very sly men. Key was reading the play with slight amusement when Jonghyun interrupted him:

“Hey Key, so you know that Minho guy in your year?” Jonghyun asked.

“You mean Mr Frog who always hangs around dance practice even though he doesn’t even do dance class??” Key answered with another question like usual.

“Yeah him, anyway, someone told me he is going to have a massive party at his parent’s beach house in the winter break. You up for it?” Jonghyun asked with excitement.

“What if I say no?” Key answered with a monotone voice.

“You never say no, and I don’t think that’s ever going to change” Jonghyun replied as if he knew Kibum better than himself (which Key thought actually sounded kind of accurate)

“If I don’t go, are YOU still going to go?” This time Key was smirking

“Okay, number one, you’re go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter