Chapter 27/33

Perplexed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Warning, I haven’t had chance to proof read this. So there will probably be errors but I will come back and fix them later. I dedicate this chapter to the lovely magicalmoon22 mayonaka_32 and kayla13fearless because they keep me motivated to write :)

Alas, everyone, enjoy. xxxx


-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

The phone on the glass coffee table buzzed obnoxiously. Jonghyun slung an arm off of the sofa and paused his movie. When he glanced down at the caller I.D, his stomach immediately dropped and his head began to spin, he knew ignoring the caller would do no good. With shaking fingers, the young boy pressed the green phone icon and swiped it to the right:
“Hello” his wavering voice spoke though the receiver.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

“Kibum-ah!” Mrs Lee shouted from the kitchen and the boy in question suddenly appeared.

“Yes, Mrs Lee?” he asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Kibum dear, can you help me with the washing? It needs separating and folding.” She asked with a kind smile.

“Of course, no problem.” Kibum smiled, and took the large basket from the kitchen table. He carried it to the living room and placed it on the sofa as he began to sort it into piles.
First, ironing and non-ironing. Second, his stuff, Jinki’s stuff and Mr and Mrs Lee’s stuff. He was so happy and content to be doing something as small as helping with the washing and other chores. He was glad that Mrs Lee now asked him to help her, he felt more like family than a guest and it lifted the burden from his shoulders. It was at that exact moment that he was pulled from his thoughts by the sound of a light chuckle, he turned towards the noise to see a grinning Jinki leaning against the living room entrance.

“What?” Kibum asked.

“You look so domestic, it’s cute.” Jinki smiled and moved over towards the younger boy.

“Hmmm…I like doing things like this, all my life people have done this for me. It makes me happy to help others out for a change. Besides it’s the least I can do.” Kibum spoke lightly.

“You are welcome here Kibum, always.” Jinki spoke softly and wrapped his arms around Kibum’s waist. His nose landing on the younger’s nape, inhaling his shampoo and the smell of something that was just Kibum.

“I know, and I really appreciate it. I like to feel that I am helping out though.” He spoke and placed his hands upon Jinki’s; leaning his weight back against his boyfriend’s sturdy chest.

“Hmmmm, then thank you.” Onew nosed the sensitive spot below Kibum’s ear and he felt the younger boy relax further into him. “Here, let me help you.” Jinki spoke as he took two matching socks, balled them up and placed them on top of the first pile.
They stayed like that until the basket was empty. Kibum sighed and turned with a smile to peck the older boy’s lips lightly.

“Thanks, I love you” Kibum whispered as he pulled back to look into his boyfriend’s eyes.

“I love you too” Jinki replied with sincerity and he took the younger’s lips in a slow and deep kiss.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

“I’m so sorry to bother you like this, I know it’s not really appropriate but I didn’t really know who else to turn to” Jonghyun spoke as he wrung his hands in his lap. The coffee sitting on the table was still steaming and he had never felt more uncomfortable in his life.

“It’s okay Jjong. Just relax, I’m here for you whenever you need me, you know that. Now tell me, what is going on?” the beautiful girl looked down at the nervous boy opposite her. Jonghyun looked so small and unsure, not like the usually bubbly and fun loving boy she was used to.

“It’s about Kibum…” Jonghyun began tentatively and he didn’t miss the slight wince in Sunmi’s body language at the mention of the other boy’s name.

“Go on… I’m listening.” She replied, her voice was a little strained but she placed a gentle hand over Jonghyun’s trembling one on the table, as he reached for the coffee cup. With a brief exchange of smiles, he decided to start from the very beginning, or rather, from where they both left off.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

“Uh, hummm” someone cleared their voice loudly and Jinki turned around to see Taemin and Minho looking at him with an appalled expression.

“S-sorry…” Jinki mumbled as he pulled away from his boyfriend’s lips. He scratched the back of his head lightly with a sheepish smile.

“You should continue Jinki hyung, I think there is still some face left on Kibum hyung, you didn’t get it all off.” Taemin sniggered and Onew simply swatted him with the back of his hand.

“Hey! Hands off my boyfriend Jinx, unless you want my hands all over yours?” Minho smirked and that was when Kibum finally spoke.

“If you come anywhere near me with those giant hands – you frog – mark my words, I will not be held responsible for any injuries sustained.” Kibum quipped and he rejoiced mentally as he saw a slight flinch to the tall boy’s features.

“Whatever…Min, did you get the tickets?” He asked a, now bored looking, Taemin.

“Yep, let’s go or we will be late.” Taemin said as he skipped away with Kibum in arm.

“Your boyfriend needs to watch his tongue around me.” Minho said haughtily, as he walked along beside his best friend.

“Yeah, well your boyfriend needs to stop poking his nose into my private life.” Jinki huffed as he trailed slowly behind the excited couple in front.

“You Kibum’s face off in the middle of the road is not exactly intruding, is it?” Minho defended.

“Yeah, I guess…” The older boy answered but it was clear that his mind was currently elsewhere.

“Is something wrong Jinx?” Minho asked, concern suddenly lining his features.

“Kind of… it’s just, I received a really strange text message this morning.” Jinki trailed off again and Minho was losing patience but decided to press on anyway.

“What did it say?” The taller of the two asked.

“Well, it was from Jonghyun and he said that something had come up. That he was dealing with it and to not mention anything to Kibum. I tried messaging him back with more questions but he never replied.” The older boy explained, his face was puzzled and his voice still hushed as he continued “It’s like he was trying to warn me to be aware of something, yet he wouldn’t tell me what it was.” Jinki finally finished with a sigh.

“What could you possibly need to beware of, that Kibum isn’t allowed to know about?” Minho questioned.

“I don’t know, I have a feeling it is something to do with Kibum’s parents but I’m hoping that my gut instinct is wrong.” Onew’s face was now completely glum with an edge of worry.

“That doesn’t sound good, but I am sure there is a reason why Jonghyun didn’t tell you anything else. Just try to forget about it for now Jinx, you don’t want Kibum picking up on your worries.” Minho advised as he shuffled Jinki to walk a little faster now that Taemin and Kibum were a couple of yards ahead already.

“Yeah…yeah okay…” the shorter boy mumbled and allowed himself to be dragged back to his boyfriend’s side, his face automatically morphing into a smile both out of necessity and because seeing Kibum so carefree and happy always made him smile.

“Just forget about it Jinki, just try and forget…” are the words he continued to tell himself all day as his eyes would dart around the room and follow Kibum’s every move unwittingly.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter