Chapter 29/33

Perplexed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

New A/N: I AM SO SORRY I DIDN'T UPDATE EARLIER BUT I STARTED MY TECHER TRAINING AND IT IS REALLY TAKING UP EVERY SINGLE SECOND OF MY LIFE RIGHT NOW......*cries* anyway....have a triple update on me. :)

 

A/N: Yep you saw it correctly, only FOUR CHAPTERS LEFT!! Eeeeek! I actually wrote this when I was in a really god mood….soooo…yeh. Enjoy! :)


-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Kibum was worried, Jonghyun was worried. They knew that Mr Kim never bluffed about any of his threats which meant that Jonghyun’s father was in deep trouble if they didn’t do something soon.

“Well, it just has to be done.” Kibum spoke, his tone was confident but there was no conviction in his eyes.

“I’m so sorry Bummie, it seems like the only way I can think of. Truth is, we just need more time and we are about to run out of it.” Jonghyun speaks up whilst comforting his best friend as they make breakfast.

“It’s okay Jjong, I just hope all of this can be over soon. I hope we can all relax after this. I just don’t know how I’m going to tell Jinki… and his parents too.” Kibum sighed loudly.

“I know Bummie, but they will understand, they are good people.” Jonghyun smiled and then jumped back in shock when he realised he had dripped pancake mix all over the counter whilst he was talking.

“Awwwh Jjong! When are you going to learn, don’t cook and talk at the same time.” Kibum said but he was laughing lightly as he reached for a cloth.

“You distracted me, like you always do.” Jonghyun mumbled and pouted like a naughty puppy.

“Yah! Don’t use that face on me, it doesn’t work. Besides, it’s okay, it’s cleaned right off. Least it wasn’t a carpet you spilled on this time.” Kibum countered.

“True. Now, my chef extraordinaire, get cooking!” Jonghyun spoke as he lightly slapped Kibum on his backside and handed him an apron.

“You know, that’s no way to treat your chef.” Kibum glared and Jonghyun ruffled his hair in apology.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

“Eurgh, when did my life turn into a badly written fanfiction?” Kibum asked as he departed from Jonghyun’s house.

“Since you started being all overdramatic I assume.” Jonghyun smirked and laughed at the glare he received. “It’s not that bad Kibummie, you have me, and Jinki by your side. Just bare with it a little longer okay?” Jonghyun responded as he hugged his best friend farewell.

“Thanks Jjong.” Kibum breathed into the shorter boy’s shoulder. “You always know what to say.” Kibum mumbled again before they pulled apart.

“Good luck Bummie, I’ll see you on Sunday. Text me once you have told Jinki.” Jonghyun said as he waved goodbye and watched Kibum disappear around the main gates of his vast garden.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Jinki didn’t sleep well last night. Kibum had called him before he and Jonghyun went to bed, as promised. He updated Jinki a little about what was going on. Something about Kibum’s father throwing threats around and that it was causing trouble for Jonghyun’s family. Other than that he didn’t elaborate and said he would speak to him face to face today. He was really worried, what if something happened to Jonghyun’s father like it almost did to his own father. He was sat with a bowl of cereal, lifting the milk with his spoon and letting it splash back over the mush that was once his cornflakes. He didn’t really have an appetite but he needed something to do while he waited for Kibum to come home.
He was interrupted from his thoughts however by the sound of a key in the lock. He rushed to the hallway and sighed in relief as he saw Kibum stood there with wide eyes, wondering why Jinki just came sliding in on his socks like there was a fire.

“You’re back!” Jinki said before he slid forward again and enveloped the younger boy into a tight embrace. “I was so worried, are you okay?” Jinki spoke against Kibum’s ear.

“I missed you too Jinx, sorry for making you worry.” Kibum replied and pulled back to look his boyfriend in the eyes. “I am fine, don’t worry, but, we have a lot to talk about.”
The look on Jinki’s face was unreadable and Kibum was worried how he was going to take the news already.

They sat for a long time on the living room sofa, where Kibum caught Jinki up on what was happening.

“So, Jonghyun and Sunmi have a plan but it will just require some more time.” Kibum told his boyfriend.

“But, Jonghyun’s father will be in trouble if you don’t follow his wishes soon, right?” Jinki asked.

“Y-yeah…” The younger boy trailed off, he couldn’t bring himself to tell Jinki what they had decided.

“So, that means you have to leave right? You have to move back home, to buy more time and appease your father, for now at least?” Jinki asked with a stern expression, his voice was wavering as if he was praying that he was wrong, that Kibum had found another way. Deep down inside though, he knew it was true, especially when he heard a small ‘yes’ from his boyfriend.
Jinki’s hands began to shake, in both anger and hurt. He didn’t want to let Kibum go back there. Not after everything they had been through. He knew though, it was the only option and it was a sensible decision, no matter how much his heart was hurting at letting Kibum go. No matter how angry he felt that once again Kibum’s father was winning and getting what he wants. He couldn’t explode now, couldn’t show his frustrations because the look of utter regret that was on his boyfriend’s face, was enough to calm him for now.

“So, we need to tell my parents too right?” Jinki asked, knowing the answer already.

“Yeah, I… I need to tell them I’m leaving but I don’t want to tell them why Jinx. If they know what is going on, I am afraid they will try and intervene and ultimately get hurt.” Kibum explained.

“NO! No Kibum, I’m sorry but no. After everything my parents have done for us, I can’t just let them think that you are throwing it all back. They deserve to know what is going on!” Jinki said, feeling distraught because he didn’t want his parents to hate Kibum and misunderstand him. He couldn’t face the look of hurt on his parent’s faces.

“I HAVE to Jinx, I couldn’t live with myself if they got hurt… if you got hurt. I just… I need to take care of this alone right now. I have Jonghyuna and Sunmi to help me, I can’t risk you getting hurt too. I want you all to live peacefully until this blows over or ends. Do you think I want to lie to your parents either! God Jinki, they are like my family too, they have done everything for me. I care about them too much though to get them involved.” Kibum was crying now; hysterical tears tracking down his cheeks and Jinki was wavering between crying and anger.

“We… we can tell them Kibum and just ask them not to get involved.” Jinki started but was cut off.

“That won’t happen and you know it! Your father would feel the need to get involved and try to help. He cares about us both too much. So does your mother. I’m sorry Jinx but I’ve made my mind up about this one.” Kibum says, his voice evening out and eyes hardening a little.

“You have made up your mind…YOU…” Jinki scoffed “ … and here I was thinking we were a TEAM, a COUPLE, that we loved each other. I guess that means nothing to you.” Jinki was finally crying now, shouting out words, feelings and thoughts without regard. He was upset, that Kibum and Jonghyun seem to have made all of these decisions without him. Kibum claimed it was to protect him but he never even asked his opinions or feelings in the matter.

“I DO love you! How could you even think that I don’t?????” Kibum shouted back, chest heaving and breaths erratic.

“Well, at the moment it doesn’t seem that way. I need some space, I’m going out.” Jinki announced as he grabbed his shoes and coat. He could hardly see for the tears that were blurring his eyes but he remembered his phone and keys before leaving a crying Kibum o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter