Chapter 15/33

Perplexed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello beautiful people! I’m here with another update for you all. I hope you like it. That’s all for now. Enjoy! :D!

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

‘Well, I think we should, y’know… go on a date or something?’

Kibum lies in bed and Jinki’s words continue to fly around in his head, he can’t help but grin and wiggle a little as happiness extends its fingers through every nerve cell in his body.

‘I-I like you, Kibum’

He lets out a small contented sigh followed by the stupidest little high pitched squeak. Luckily, he is alone and in his room so nobody is there to witness him acting like a high school girl with a crush.

Today is the day, the day that they will go on their first official date. Key is both nervous and excited but mostly excited. He is so sure and comfortable around Jinki, now that everything is out in the open, and so he is anticipating a great date.

Kibum then hears a small knock at his door and when he mumbles a ‘come in’ Elise pops her head around the door frame.

“Kibum-ah, are you coming down for breakfast or would you like me to bring you some up?” She asks in a professional manner.

“Actually I’m having brunch later so I’ll skip today. Thanks.” Key says and offers his most charming smile.

Elise looks a little shocked for a second before she nods her head and dismisses herself back to the kitchen.

Key spends the rest of the morning taking a shower, putting on a little bit of eyeliner, finding some of his best smart-casual clothes and surfing the internet for a while. Before he knows it, it is almost 10.30am and he has to meet Jinki at the small café by 11am. He grabs his wallet, phone and keys and makes his way down the marble stairs towards the front door. On his way there, he passes Elise again.

“Wow Kibum, you look very handsome! Special occasion?” She asks; openly admiring his handsome features.

“Ah- well, yeah. I have a date actually.” Key says; scratching the back of his head in a bashful manner.

“Ohh! Exciting! Is it anyone I know?” She asks while she brushes some invisible dirt from his shoulders and fixes a few strands of his hair.

“Y-yeah actually.” Key smiles a little at the thought of Onew.

“Oh!! Is it Jonghyun-ssi? He is always over here and the way he cares for you… you know he is also such a handsome young man.” Elise begins swooning over Jonghyun as Key just chuckles a bit awkwardly.

“Actually no…it’s Jinki hyung.” Key mutters quietly as Elise’s eyes snap back to reality.

“Ohhhh your tutor friend? Wow, Kibum! Jinki is also a very handsome and kind young man. How do you attract such handsome men into your life?” Elise asks; her eyes now swooning over Jinki’s masculine features and kind expression in her mind.

“Hey…I’m handsome too.” Key pouts with a small smile.

“Ah, of course… Kibum is the most handsome young man I know. It must be your perfect features and big heart that attracts them.” Elise says with a knowing glint in her eyes as she kisses his cheek.
“Well, off you go! Go and meet prince charming, you don’t want to keep him waiting.” She says, chuckling to herself.

Key laughs back and gives his thanks before he heads out of the front door.

During his walk to the café, his mind is full of how much he loves Elise, she is like a mother to him. She loves him for who he is and accepts everyone who he brings into his life.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Jinki is sat at a small table in the corner of the café as he waits for Kibum. He is fiddling with the hem of his shirt and bouncing his knee anxiously. He is much more nervous than he needs to be, it’s only Key. They have hung out a million times, but the thought that this is an actual date is making Onew’s stomach flip and flop around. Key is currently 4 minutes and 7…8…9 seconds late and already, his brain is conjuring up reasons why the younger boy might have stood him up.

There is a clichéd ring of the bell above the café door as he looks up to see Key walking in with his small smile and cute dimple in his right cheek. For a second or two, Onew wonders if he has entered some kind of cheesy, teenage romance novel. Kibum sits down opposite him and Jinki finally takes the initiative to offer a smile and take in the other boy’s appearance. 

Key is wearing a smart black dress shirt with gold tips lining the collar, he has the first three buttons undone and Onew can see the slight peeking sign, of his grey vest underneath. He wears a smart pair of grey skinny jeans which sculpt his shapely thighs and – Onew guesses – his . The outfit is complete with Kibum’s trademark hooded leather jacket and a pair of black and grey platform pumps. Kibum’s hair is styled in – what Jinki can only describe as – a controlled hair look and his sharp feline eyes are lined with the smallest hints of ultra-black kohl. Jinki swallows the small lump in his throat before speaking up.

“Hey, you made it.” Jinki says lamely but he figures that anything he says at this point will sound pretty lame anyway.

“Sure did” Key replies; smiling, but with a little bit of amusement at Jinki’s corny line.
After a little bit of small talk, the waitress brings the two boys a menu. Key already knows what he wants because he comes here often, but Jinki is studying the menu carefully and looking undecided. 

Kibum decides to take this opportunity to study Jinki. The older boy looks exactly like his usual self, except with a little bit of product in his hair that gives it a firm shuffle. He is wearing a plain green t-shirt with a smart, black, denim blazer. His legs are clad in his best white jeans, adorned by his batman belt buckle which makes Key smile to himself a bit, and finally – what catches Key’s eyes the most – are the black and white converse on his feet. Jinki pretty much always wears his trademark combat boots or occasionally his white hi-tops, he has never seen Jinki in something so…normal, and not chunky.

“Your shoes are nice, they look really good on you.” Key says after the older boy has closed his menu and signalled for the waitress to take their order.

“Thanks…you look great, by the way.” Jinki smiles in order to try and cover up his blush.

“Thanks, you too.” And this time, it is Key’s turn to look a little shy and out of his depth.

The waitress takes their orders and Onew is shocked when Kibum simply announces 

“I’ll have my usual, thanks Tiff.” Followed by offering the pretty girl a killer smile.

Once the waitress…or Tiff, has retreated to the kitchen, Jinki speaks up

“Should I be worried about her?” Onew asks; laughing but still with a little insecurity.

“No hyung, she’s harmless. I come here a lot and she is usually on shift so she knows my order.” Key just answers casually.

“Yeah, but she is really pretty and – ” Onew begins

“…and I like men. Handsome men, with big smiles, toned thighs and broad shoulders. And right now, I’m on a date with you, and you’re ruining it.” Key says with a soft smile that takes away any edge that might have been on his words as he sees Jinki relax.

“Sorry.” Onew mumbles and leans over to peck the younger boy on the lips.

“Was that for my benefit, or hers?” Key says with a smirk on his face.

“Mostly yours; maybe a bit of hers.” Onew winks and both boys burst out laughing at Jinki’s ridiculous antics.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

After their meal, they decide to take a walk through the park. The seasons are changing and although it is still cold, there is an occasional warm breeze which blows, carrying with it the scents of summer.

Kibum misses summer; he loves just wearing his T-shirt and not needing to carry a jacket. He misses the taste of ice-cream because it always tastes SO much better on a scorching hot day. More than anything though – he misses hanging out with his friends during the summer break. No stresses and no worries for a few months until his university classes resume.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter