The Hurting Past...

First Love

 

Eunhyuk was alone at the school rooftop. It was recess time. There was a picture in his hand. He looked at it keenly. It was a picture of a girl. It was the picture of his first love. He looked at it with full of longing.
 
“Come back soon. I miss you so much...” He whispered.
 
Suddenly, he heard the door towards the rooftop was opened. He quickly hid the picture in his pocket. He turned to check the sound. He saw a girl coming out but the girl did not seem to notice his presence. Hence, he decided to ignore the girl but something about the girl caught his attention.
 
The girl was heading to one part of the rooftop. She took out something that looks like a mp3 player. Yeah, that’s right. It was a mp3 player as a song was played from that. Eunhyuk continued to watch the action of the girl as she looked suspicious.
 
To his surprise, the girl started to dance to the song. Eunhyuk watched with his eyes widened and mouth opened. Her dance! It was so fantastic! It was as if he was watching a dance from a professional dancer. He had never seen anyone danced like that before in school. Her steps... Her moves... Everything was perfect! No single mistake could be seen. She looked confident with every step she took.
 
 
Eunhyuk wondered who the girl was. He had always thought that he was the best dancer in the school. In this school, nobody could beat him in dancing. But, the girl was really great.
 
Soon, the girl finished dancing. She packed her stuff and was about to leave the place. Quickly, Eunhyuk made his move and approached her to see who the girl was. He stood in front of the girl to block her from leaving. And, what shocked him even more, the girl was Hyoyeon!
 
“Hyoyeon...” only one word managed to come out from his mouth due to the great shock.
 
How could he believe his eyes? Last week, he saw with his own eyes how terrible she was at dancing. How she even scolded herself from not being able to dance properly. How he taught her to dance. But now, with the same eyes of his, he saw her dancing with the correct steps and the most beautiful moves he had ever seen! Was there something wrong with his eyes?  He wondered.
 
Hyoyeon was as shocked as him. Her eyes were wide-opened too. She opened as if she wanted to say something but nothing came out from . At last, she just kept her head down in guilty.
 
“You... you can dance?” At last, Eunhyuk managed to ask the question.
 
The question made her jerked. Somehow, she knew he would be asking the question. But, hearing the question with her own ears really struck her in the heart. Slowly, she lifted up her head and looked at in him in the eyes.
 
As their eyes met, Eunhyuk swore that he could see fear in her eyes. And... was it pain?
 
 
Flashback
 
“Now, I will announce the first winner for the Dance Contest for this year!” The announcer paused to add nervousness to the contestants. “The winner is... Kim Hyoyeon!”
 
Upon hearing her name was called as the first winner, Hyoyeon let out a big smile. All her effort was not in vain. Applause and cheer accompanied her as she got up from her seat and walked with a proud feeling to the stage to receive her medal.
 
“For your information, Kim Hyoyeon has won the first prize of  the Dance Contest for three consecutive years. Big applause for her.” The announcer talked about her success briefly. “It is highly expected from our Dancing Queen.” He continued.
 
Her smile became wider with the praise. Yes, she was the Dancing Queen of their school. She was very happy and proud with the title. She had won every dancing competition organized by their school. She was planning to go for an audition at SM Entertainment  later.
 
 
“I wish you good luck for your competition. All the best, my daughter!” Mrs Kim said to her daughter as she was getting ready for the SM Youth Best Dancer Contest.
 
“All right, mom! I’ll do my best and win this competition!” Hyoyeon said confidently.
 
Her mother planted a kiss at her cheek before she went to fix her outfit. Little did she know it was the last kiss that she got from her mother.
 
 
“Contestant 28, please enter.” Hyoyeon heard her number was called. She walked to the room to be auditioned.
 
“Now, show us what you’ve got.” The judges said.
 
Then, she danced. She tried to impress the judges by showing her great skills. Everything was perfect at the beginning. She began to feel very confident and comfortable. She could imagine the first prize in her hands now.
 
Unfortunately, she lost her concentration at the most difficult part of the dance and tripped her feet. In a blink of eyes, she fell down to the floor without even finishing her dance.
 
“Eliminated.” The judges decided.
 
Hyoyeon was shocked. This was not what she hoped for. She tried to beg for the second chance. However, they had finalized their decision and wouldn't listen to her plea. She was so frustrated with the decision. How she hoped to win the audition. But, the twist of life had made her disappointed.
 
She was walking weakly without paying any attention to her surroundings. It was then when the tragedy happened. All she heard was the sound of cars honking and people screaming. Then, she felt her body was pushed backward and she fell to a hard ground. She felt dizzy and everything went blur to her for a while.
 
When she tried to open her eyes, she saw the road was a mess. Cars had stopped abruptly and traffic jam occurred. Then, she saw a woman lying on the road and covered with blood. There was no movement from her. ‘Wait, I know the clothes!’ Suddenly, she thought. ‘Don’t tell me...’ With her heart was thumping uncontrollably, she walked slowly to the woman.
 
At that time, people were surrounding the scene. Some people were screaming to the others to make a phone call to the ambulance and police. Some of them were just watching from a distance. Some were yelling to clear the road. But, she continued walking and walking to the unconscious woman. She pushed all the people who were blocking her way with all her might .
 
At last, she reached the woman. With trembling hands, she turned the woman’s face to her. And, her guess was right. It was her mother. It was her mother who pushed her just now. It was her mother who just saved her life just now. It was her mother who was being unconscious and covered with blood...
 
No sound came out from . It was as if she had never been given the ability to speak. She just stared at her mother insensibly. When someone came to separate her from her mother, everything went blank for her.
 
 
“Let’s go home, Hyoyeon. It is almost dark. We can come tomorrow to visit your mother.” Mr. Kim tried to persuade her daughter to leave the grave.
 
Hyoyeon spent almost every day at the grave, crying her heart out and continuing to blame herself for the death of her mother. It had been almost a month since the accident and Hyoyeon could still not get over it. Her situation became worse. She had stopped smiling. She had stopped going to the school. And, she had stopped caring for her health. The same day she failed her audition was the same day her mother died. The blow was too big for her to take.
 
 
“Isn’t she the girl who caused the death of her own mother?”
 
“That’s right. And people called her the Dancing Queen.”
 
“Huh! What Dancing Queen? I heard she failed the audition because she fell. Would a Dancing Queen fall when dancing?”
 
And more hurting and cursing words were heard when she finally decided to go back to school. Her heart ached and her wound started to bleed again.
 
 
“Hyoyeon, my job requires me to go to Seoul. I want you to follow me there as I’m thinking of staying there permanently. So, we will be moving there next week. I hope you can prepare yourself. I’ll go to your school tomorrow to arrange your school transfer.” Her dad said to her one night after their dinner.
 
Hyoyeon just gave a nod. Then, she went to her bedroom after saying good night to her father.
 
‘Change of school. Change of place. Maybe it is not a bad thing. Maybe it can change my mind and cure my heart too...’ She thought.
 
That same night too, she decided to stop dancing.
 
End of flashback
 
 
“Your talent is not a mistake. It is also not a disaster. It is a gift. Don’t stop dancing because you are great at that. I’m sure your mother also would never want you to stop dancing.” Eunhyuk tried to calm Hyoyeon as she was crying after finishing her story.
 
Hyoyeon wiped her tears. It was embarrassing enough to be caught dancing. Now, she was crying like a cry-baby in front of Eunhyuk. She could feel her face became red.
 
“That’s my Hyoyeon. A strong and tough girl.” Then, he pulled her into his hug.
 
Hyoyeon was shocked with his sudden and unexpected action. But, the fact was, she found peace and warmth in his hug. Somehow, she felt that her heart was completely healed from the past wound. No more fear... no more tear...
 
***********************************************************************************************************
 
credit to SilverSea_SpiritStar for making this beautiful poster. thank you a lot! ^_^
currently, she is taking any request to make poster for super junior, infinite, boyfriend and bock b. so, if you want to make the request, you can send your request to her inbox or her wall.
 
credit also to bbangie83 for helping me to review this story. i owe you a lot! thank you so much! you are awesome! ^_^
 
thank you also to all the subscribers and commenters. i'm sorry for not replying to every comment.. just as you know, i read all you comment, one by one and i really really appreciate your support, thoughts and critiques. i'll try my best so as i won't make all of you disappointed. thank you! saranghae~