I Will Not Give Up

First Love

 

“Are you going home now?” Donghae asked Eunhyuk. It was after school and people started to leave the class and head home.

“Yes.” Eunhyuk answered while packing his books and slipped them in his bag.

“Without dance practice? Wow, that’s not normal of you!” Donghae said in shock.

“Just figured out that I should rest for a day. You know, a day off will not hurt my dance skill.” Eunhyuk flung his bag onto his shoulder. “What are you going to do for this weekend?” Eunhyuk asked.

“It’s summer and I plan to go swimming at the sea with Ryeowook and Sungmin. Wanna join us?”

“I’ll pass. But, why the sudden swim? Besides, the sea?” Eunhyuk asked confusingly.

“Because he misses his family.” Sungmin joined the conversation too after he had done packing his stuffs. Then, he chuckled.

“If you miss your family, then you should go home instead of going to the sea.” Eunhyuk said in puzzle.

“That’s right. That’s why we are going to the sea. The sea is his home.” Ryeowook also did not want to miss the chance to tease Donghae.

“Yeah, Donghae is a fish. So, it is not weird for him to go to the sea. “Sungmin continued.

“After all, it is his origin.” Ryeowook added again.

“I bet he will swim like a fish. Wait, he is a fish. Sure he will swim like a fish.” Then, Ryeowook and Sungmin laughed.

“Let’s just hope that he will not be mistaken as a real fish. Or else, some fishermen will catch him and turn him into grilled fish.”

“Fish jokes. That's all I ever get are fish jokes.” Donghae said frustratedly.

All of them, except Donghae who was pouting now, burst into laughter together.

 

 

Eunhyuk entered his house. From afar, he could see Kyuhyun was playing with his laptop.

“Starcraft again?” He asked when he got near to him.

No answer. Typical Kyuhyun. He would not be bothered with anything else once he was on the game.

Eunhyuk just shook his head.

“If you have so much time in playing game, you might as well use the time to practice dancing too. That is why your dance skills never improve.” Eunhyuk started to lecture his brother.

“That is why I prefer to play the game rather than dancing.” Kyuhyun replied.

“That is why nobody would not believe that we are blood-related.”

“And that is why I don’t want to be known as your brother.”

“Well, your wish is granted. I don’t think that people in the school know that we are sibling.”

It is true actually. Who would have guessed that Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun is actually sibling?

Then he heard a unique laughter upstairs.

“Aisy, that must be Leeteuk hyung.” Eunhyuk said, a little irritated with the annoying sound.

Besides him, who else can make that ‘Ang ang!’ laughter?

“You should know that is why he prefers to be known as Leeteuk. After all, it means special.” Kyuhyun said.

Then, they saw Leeteuk was walking down the stairs while holding a phone in his right hand. Looks like he was having a conversation over the phone. And, his unique laughter became clearer.

“Guys, seriously? Am I the only person who is normal in this family?” Eunhyuk asked. On one side, he has an older brother who has unique and not to forget, annoying laughter. On the other side, he has a younger brother who is crazy over game.

“Actually, you are the most abnormal person in this family.” Kyuhyun said instantly.

“And, why is it so?” Eunhyuk asked.

“Because no normal person would still wait for a girl who did not even send a simple message or single news about her whereabouts. And guess what? That person is you!” Kyuhyun answered.

“That is called loyalty.” Eunhyuk tried to defence himself.

“You should know how to differentiate between loyalty and stupidity.”

“Are you giving me some advices now? Whoa, it is the highlight of my day.” Eunhyuk said sarcastically.

“Whatever. Continue to be loyal. You might cry one day.” Then, Kyuhyun leave the place after shutting down his laptop and headed to his room.

Just the time, Leeteuk had finished his conversation. He looked confusedly at Kyuhyun who was walking straight to his room. Then, he looked at Eunhyuk.

“Err, did I miss something?” He asked Eunhyuk.

“Nothing important.” Eunhyuk answered.

“If that’s the case, I will go out first. Heechul, Shindong and Yesung are waiting for me. see you later.” Then, Leeteuk went out after waving at him.

Eunhyuk was left alone at the living room. He took out his wallet from his pocket. Inside it, there was a picture of a girl. The same picture that he was seeing at the rooftop.

“I will not give you up. Not yet.” He said silently.

He flipped the picture. At the back of the picture, there was a note. It wrote, My First Love: Park Gyuri.

 

 

“Hyoyeon, are you okay?” Taeyeon looked worriedly at Hyoyeon.

She still remembered how sad Hyoyeon was yesterday when she knew the truth about Eunhyuk.

“I fell in love with a guy in this school at last. And, he is my first love. Then, puff! The truth was out. He already has a girlfriend. Does it sound okay for you?” Hyoyeon replied sadly.

“Err, I would say it is 50/50 percent okay.” Taeyeon said jokingly, trying to light up the moment.

The answer made her to receive a death glare from Hyoyeon.

“Opss... Wrong moment to joke around. I am just kidding. Don’t take it seriously.” Taeyeon tried to cheer Hyoyeon.

“I don’t know. It is so surprising. One moment, I fell in love with him and then, one moment later, I got hurt. Do you know, the first time I saw him, he was dancing. At the moment, I just decided in my life to never ever dance. But, when I saw him dancing, I thought, “Wow, how can a normal person dance so beautifully?” He said, he is special. And, I can see how special he is. I came to realize, how great dancing was. No, dancing is always great! He charmed me with his dance. Later, I got to know that he is the president of the dance club. It just got me a few seconds to decide to join the dance club too. And, when I was asked to perform a dance during the club meeting, I thought I was doomed. But, it was him who raised my spirit again. He made me realize, dancing is my passion. Dancing is my talent. Dancing is everything to me. I should not stop dancing. I should stop blaming dancing. Most importantly, I should stop blaming myself.” No longer able to hold herself, Hyoyeon spit out the whole detail of her encounters with Eunhyuk to Taeyeon. Then, she looked at Taeyeon with watery eyes. “Now, how could I forget him?”

First time. Yes, this is the first time for Hyoyeon to reveal her inner thoughts. She had always been so secretive all this time. Taeyeon watched sympathetically as she saw the tears came running down her cheeks. She pulled Hyoyeon into a hug, trying to make her feel better.

“Tell me, Taeyeon. How could I forget him now? I only have him.” Hyoyeon said between her sobs.

“And me.” Taeyeon said.

“And me?” Hyoyeon said, breaking their hug and looking at Taeyeon.

“What?” Taeyeon asked, a bit blur with her sudden change.

“Deep revelation, I’m having a real moment here and that’s what you come back with? And me?”

“You mean, you want a poem?” Taeyeon asked.

“Moment’s gone.” Hyoyeon said. She wiped her tears and tried to calm herself.

“Well, since you do not want my poem, what are you going to do now?”

“I would not give up on him. It is too early to give up on him.” Hyoyeon said with a determined voice.

Taeyeon patted her back, as in encouraging her. “And I will always support you and become your crying shoulder.” she said with a smile.

“Thank you, Taeyeon. You have been a great friend to me since my first day here.” Hyoyeon said with appreciation.

“Because I am an awesome friend.” Taeyeon grinned widely after praising herself.

“Uhmm... is it too late now for me to take back my praise?”

Then, both of them started to tease each other. The atmosphere became light again, as if there was no sad conversation or sad moment before. Little did they know, there was someone who was listening to their whole conversations.

“You should stop now before you are getting more hurt.” The person whispered. Then, the person walked quietly without leaving any track that there was someone who was listening to them.

 

****************************************************************************************

 

Hi. I am sorry for the late update. but, I am extremely busy now with my studies, trsts and quiz. seriously, I hate quiz and test! Well, keep supporting me. Thank you very much for reading, subscribing and commenting on my story. You don't know how grateful I am. Thank you so much. I will try to update when I have free time. And oh, maybe you wonder who the person who is listening to their conversation, right? Tell me what is your guess. It will be revealed soon... Thank you again. saranghae~ ^___^