Parting

First Love

Warning: This chapter might have some sad scenes! Be prepared! Kekeke~ (err, can I laugh?) 

 


 

“This morning, Hyoyeon’s father called me and told me that Hyoyeon has a fever. So, she can’t come for today.” Their teacher explained. “Anyways, let’s continue with our lesson now.”

Kyuhyun glanced to the empty seat beside him. Deep in his heart, he knew the reason for Hyoyeon to fall sick suddenly.

After school was over, Kyuhyun quickly grabbed his things and went out of the class. There was some place in his mind that he needed to go.

 

“She was upstairs.” Hyoyeon’s father told Kyuhyun.

After getting the permission from Hyoyeon’s father, he went to her room. He knocked but there was no answer. Slowly, he turned the knob of the door. There, on the bed, he saw her, lying weakly there.

He walked to her bed carefully, trying his best not to make any noise that could wake her up. Standing beside her bed, he looked at the pale face of Hyoyeon. He knelt beside her bed and pulled out a letter from his bag.

“So yet in another classic manoeuvre to avoid emotional intimacy, I wrote my feelings down so that I could read them to you, thereby avoiding the embarrassing eye contact,” He started. He chuckled a bit.

Kyuhyun took a deep breath and started to read the letter, “I want to let you in on a little secret, Hyoyeon. I'm not who you think I am. In fact, my disguise is so thin, I'm surprised you haven't seen right through me. I'm the man of your dreams, masquerading as your friend. Sometimes I want to rip off this façade, but I can't because you love someone else then you'll get scared and run away again. So I decided that it's better to live with the lie than exposing my true feelings. This is so much easier to say when you are unconscious.”

Kyuhyun stopped for awhile. Then, he tenderly caressed Hyoyeon’s brow before continued, “I don’t remember when I started to fall in love with you. Was it when you first entered the class and introduced yourself? Or, was it when you danced amazingly at the Dance Room? Maybe, I started to fall in love with you the moment I heard your conversation when you told Taeyeon that you wanted to fight for my brother’s love. It was possible too that I fall in love with you when I promised myself to protect you from hurting. I don’t know… the last thing I remember, this feeling has already grown inside of me.”

Kyuhyun diverted his eyes from the paper, “Hey, Hyoyeon. You must never know about this. I always paid attention to what you were doing. My eyes would always follow in your direction. The way you laugh as if the was no sadness in this world, the way you smile as if saying there was nothing to be afraid of, the way you talked with confident as if your words would always come true… I admire them! You look strong yet you are still fragile. You showed on brave face but I always felt like you would break down anytime soon. And, I was right. Now you felt sick just because you saw my hyung’s first love was coming back. You probably don’t know this too. Eunhyuk is my hyung. You would never know about this. You would never know about all of this, about my feeling and all because you never turn your eyes in my direction.” Kyuhyun could feel tears came before he could stop them, boiling hot on his face but he quickly brushed them off. Then, he continued reading the letter.

“My mom told me there are two types of men; the ones you grow out of, and the ones you grow into. I really hope I'm the latter. I want to protect you. I want to hold you in my arms. I want to be the man that you depend on. I may not be the one you love today, but I'll let you go for now, hoping one day you'll fly back to me. Because I think you're worth the wait.” Again, he carefully brushed Hyoyeon’s hair.

Hyoyeon made a slight move. Kyuhyun pulled her hands from Hyoyeon's hair.

“Hyoyeon?” He called.

Hyoyeon groaned “Eunhyuk-oppa?” Kyuhyun heard her whispering.

He stood up, taking a last glance of her face before starting to walk to the door. Kyuhyun leaves, fighting his tears.

“Even you are unconscious, you are still thinking about him. I guess I would never make it to your heart.” He leaned on the door after closing it.

 

“Aish, where is that stupid Kyuhyun? It is almost the time for your flight.” Taeyeon grumbled.

“It’s okay, Taengoo. Maybe he can’t come.” Hyoyeon tried to ease Taeyeon.

Then, they saw Kyuhyun was walking towards their direction.

“Yah! Why are you late? I’m going to kill you now!” Taeyeon took out her anger.

“Awww! Chill there. Don’t say you are gonna kill someone in front of airport security,” Kyuhyun pointed to an airport security that was standing near to them, “That’s not cool.” Then, he grinned.

Taeyeon could only grunt with the answer. This time, Kyuhyun looked at Hyoyeon.

“So, you are really going, huh?” he asked although it was obvious.

It came as a shock when Hyoyeon announced one day that she would continue her studies abroad. Her friends tried to persuade her to stay but her will was too strong that it could not be broken down with whatever they said. Deep down, her friends knew the reason for her sudden decision. So, at last they could only agree with her. Probably, it would be best for her to be apart from all of this to mend her heart. As friends they could only support her, hoping that someday, she would come of strong again. That one fine day will come. Definitely.

Hyoyeon just chuckled. “What, do you think I am visiting this airport now?”

Kyuhyun laughed too.

“Yeah, just forget that I'm standing here,” Taeyeon said suddenly, interrupting the warm atmosphere between the two.

“Aigoo. My friend is jealous.” Hyoyeon teased.

“Oh, please! I don’t do jealousy.” Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

Hyoyeon and Kyuhyun just laughed with her reaction.

After awhile, Seohyun and her friends came back. “Unnie, here is your drink.” She passed a drink to Hyoyeon.

Kyuhyun was staring at Seohyun.

“Who’s this?” He asked.

“This is my sister, Seohyun.” Hyoyeon introduced.

“Wow! You’ve got a pretty sister here. Why don’t you tell me sooner? I can’t believe that I’ve wasted my precious time searching for my soul mate when it is happened to be your sister.” Kyuhyun said in flirty tone.

“Oh, no, Kyuhyun! My sister is a big NO for you.” Hyoyeon said waving her hand as a NO sign.

“Ouch, does that mean I’m not allowed to hit on her?” Kyuhyun pretended to be hurt.

“As much as I want my sister to have a human boyfriend rather than goguma boyfriend, I would pass it if it is you. So, my answer is, no, you can’t!”

“Unnie, that’s mean. I don’t have goguma boyfriend!” Seohyun argued.

“You sound like a mom during a prom night. Can’t even let me know your sister.” Kyuhyun pouted.

“And, what do you plan to do? Teach her to play starcraft?” After they had being friend, Hyoyeon had known his obsession with starcraft.

“I can’t believe you just shatter the dream of a guy in love. You are so cruel.”

“I’m just protecting my sister from a beast like you.”

“Why do you have to say things so bluntly?” Kyuhyun muttered, yet loud enough to be heard by Hyoyeon.

“Err, I think being honest is the best way to become friends with someone. And it makes me feel better too.” Hyoyeon said, playing innocent. Kyuhyun could only scowl.

“Ok, cat and dog,” Jessica, who was watching their arguments, interrupted, “Please stop fighting.”

“We are not fighting,” Kyuhyun and Hyoyeon said in unison. At the remarks, they exchanged glances. As if understanding each other mind, they laughed. All the people around them could only watch the situation questioningly.

They continued chattering with each other whereas Kyuhyun was trying to flirt with Seohyun, much to Hyoyeon’s disapproval.

 

It was time for Hyoyeon’s flight. She took a last glance at her family and friends before she went to the departure hall. ‘I guess this is the end.’ She thought. She gave them a smile and waved goodbye. She could see Seohyun was crying and her dad was trying to hold back the tears.

“Hyo, we will miss you!” Taeyeon shouted.

“I’ll miss you all too. Remember, we are forever nine! We are Girls Generation!” Hyoyeon shouted back with a smile, hiding off her tears of sadness. Then, she kept on going forward. She was afraid that the tears would win her over. All of them could only watch her until she vanished from their sights.

‘Remember, Hyo. No man is worth your tears, and when you find the man who is, he'll never make you cry.’ Consoling herself with the words, she went inside the plane.

‘I’ll be back. I’ll definitely be back! I’ll be back when I would never shed tears for him again. I’ll be back when the time comes!’

 

Without anyone noticing it, Eunhyuk was standing at some distance, watching all the scenes. He could not bring his legs to approach the group.

"Hyoyeon, I would always pray for your happiness!" He whispered silently.

 


 

Can you imagine Kyuhyun saying all of those to unconscious Hyoyeon? Actually, I was laughing while typing those. Err, does I sound cruel just now? I mean, Kyuhyun does not seem to be the type to say those romantic and sad things, right? Kekeke~

But, well, might include those. This event would be important in the future.

Anyway hope you like this update! ^___^