We Met

First Love

“Hyoyeon, my mom makes this cake. Come, have a taste.” Jessica offered a piece of moist chocolate cake to Hyoyeon.

“Thanks,” Hyoyeon took a bite as she sat beside Jessica on the lounge, “Hmm, this is delicious! Say thanks to your mom.”

“Tch tch tch… look at both of you. Being so close together. Who would have guessed you were enemy before?” Taeyeon came out from the kitchen and sat between them, squeezing all three of them on the two-seater lounge.

“Aigoo… Taeyeon is being jealous…” Hyoyeon had to move to the left to give Taeyeon some space as Taeyeon refused to move to another lounge.

“So, Sica, how's it feel to be footloose and studio free?” Taeyeon asked while taking a bite of the cake without Jessica's permission.

Jessica smirked, “Amazing. You know what I'm going to do today?”

“What?” Hyoyeon asked curiously.

“Absolutely nothing.” Jessica sang happily, closing her eyes relaxedly.

“Really? Really, Jessica? Nothing entails physically doing nothing, thinking about nothing and worrying about nothing, as opposed to your friend here who's so in the middle of something,” Taeyeon said in annoyed voice.

Jessica opened her eyes and turned her head towards Taeyeon so that she could see Taeyeon’s face clearly. “Okay, sweetie, what is wrong?” She asked, concerned.

‘Well, for starters, there is tomorrow.” Taeyeon sighed. Jessica gave a blank look. She did not seem to understand what Taeyeon was talking about. “Valentine's Day,” Taeyeon explained shortly with an impatient tone.

“Wow, I completely forgot. See? I'm doing nothing already,” Jessica replied, making Hyoyeon laughed heartily.

“You must really have some men’s trouble to have forgotten about Valentine’s Day.” Taeyeon was pissed, Hyoyeon could tell it.

“Auwww, I don’t have men’s trouble. Financial trouble, yes, but not men’s trouble,” Jessica denied.

“How come you have financial trouble when you have so many jobs’ piling onto you?” Taeyeon argued.

“I am a single, free, beautiful young lady. Have to enjoy while it lasts. And to enjoy it, it costs money,” Jessica answered back, smiling playfully.

“Maybe you should stop spending lavishly. Easy solution for your financial trouble.”

“Oh, please you two. Stop arguing. You, Jessica, I know you have nothing to do so please don’t pick up a fight. And you, Taeyeon, I don’t understand. What’s wrong about Valentine’s Day?” Hyoyeon interrupted as she could sense a war might happen between those two immature kids.

“I told you that I am dating Leeteuk, right? And he will be working tomorrow. I mean, what’s the use of having Valentine’s Day if your boyfriend won’t be there to celebrate with you?” Taeyeon’s voice was glum by the time she finished explaining.

“Fair enough. Both of you are celebrity,” Hyoyeon pointed out.

Taeyeon grimaced at her, resisting the impulse to stick out her tongue like a five-year-old. “Still, would it hurt to spend a few minutes just to celebrate Valentine together?”

“Well, there is Jessica. You can celebrate it together.” Hyoyeon smiled teasingly with her idea.

“And risk of having a war? Thanks, but no thanks.” Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

“I don’t want to be with you either. I only want to be with Hyoyeon.” Jessica blurted out.

“Guys, if both of you are here at my apartment tonight just to pick a fight, please go home. Seriously, I don’t even know why both of you come here in the first place.” Hyoyeon was questioning the reason two of her best friends came to her place that night.

Taeyeon and Jessica exchanged look. Then, both of them went to Hyoyeon and pulled her into a group hug. “Oh, Hyoyeon. We are sorry. We just miss you so much. It has just been not more than two weeks since you came back. And I was just jealous because Jessica got to spend more time with you.”

Jessica nodded, agreed with Taeyeon, “Yeah. All of us miss you. And I promise to spend my precious Valentine Day tomorrow with stupid Taeyeon.” She said jokingly.

“Yah, do you want to die?”

Hyoyeon could only laugh with her friends’ behaviour. Deep down in her heart, she felt guilty for being so selfish those past seven years. She vowed to make up for it with her friends that were always there to support her.

“Okay, enough fooling around. I have to sleep. I have work tomorrow.” Hyoyeon interrupted, ending the dispute between Taeyeon and Jessica.

 

 

Hyoyeon was busy altering the design for a cloth that she had in mind for the autumn collection when her boss popped out outside of her office.

“Hyoyeon, here. Send all these clothes to SM Entertainment.”

Hyoyeon’s body stiffed at the mention of SM Entertainment. Going there would mean higher chance of meeting him, Lee Eunhyuk. He worked there.

“Last time I check, I work as a stylist, not as a delivery-guy. Can’t you ask somebody else?” she refused the job, refusing to any opening that could make her having an encounter with Eunhyuk.

“There is no one available right now. Last time I check, you are free right now. And last time I check, you will be responsible for the photo shoot in SM Entertainment tomorrow. And you are supposed to bring all the clothes today.”

Hyoyeon rumbled through her handbag and took out what it seemed looks like a schedule. She checked her schedule and skipped for the tomorrow’s checklist. She saw the notice for the photo shoot. It also mentioned that the photo shoot took place in SM Entertainment in a small caption. She sighed. How could she miss that part?

“Fine, then. Leave the clothes here. I will bring it this evening.” She gave in at last. The best thing she could do was going in the evening, where there would be few people left in the building, hoping those few people would not include him.

Hyoyeon knew she could not avoid him for the rest of her life. If she was being honest with herself, she knew she was eager to meet him again. And that was very, very stupid.

It took every ounce of her concentration to focus on the designs that she was working on to pass the day that seemed so long to reach the evening. She almost lost her balance when she finally got on the bus to go to the SM Entertainment. Clearly, today was going to be nightmarish.

On the way to the building, she distracted herself from unwanted speculations of meeting Eunhyuk by thinking about celebrating Valentine Day with Taeyeon and Jessica later that day. It was a success until the bus stopped near the building.

She got out of the bus and stood still for a couple of minutes outside the building, admiring the unique design of the building of SM Entertainment. She took a deep breath before slowly stepping inside the building. “Here goes nothing.”

Inside the building, she checked the card to confirm the room where she was supposed to bring the clothes. She walked to the reception counter and asked the staff. Instead of just telling her, the staff was kind enough to bring her straight to the room.

There were a few people inside the room. It looked like they just finished a session of photo shoot. Hyoyeon’s eyes wander inside the room, searching for possible candidate that would be responsible for the photo shoot. 

She approached a man wearing a neat black coat that looked like the manager of the place.

“Hi. Excuse me. I am from Younique. I brought the clothes for the photo shoot tomorrow.”

The man frowned, “From Younique? But the schedule will be tomorrow. You should bring it tomorrow.”

“I know it is tomorrow. But I am supposed to bring it today because the photo shoot starts tomorrow, early in the morning.” Hyoyeon tried to argue.

“I am sorry. I’m afraid that you have to go back and come again tomorrow with the clothes.” Then, the manager left, leaving Hyoyeon speechless.

She had no choice but to bring the clothes back to the boutique. “Haisy, this is so troublesome.” She was ranting along the way to the bus stop.

While she was walking to the bus stop, someone tapped her shoulder. She turned around just to regret she was coming here in the first place.

“Hi, Hyoyeon.” His voice still rhymed beautifully in her ears. In front of her, there stood Lee Eunhyuk, smiling widely, flashing a set of perfect, ultra-white teeth.

 


 

Hi! So, here it is. Another update. They meet, at last! Yeah, I know I am so cruel to leave it hanging there. Cliffhanger.. cliffhanger eevrywhere... Muehehe~ *evil laugh*

Stay tuned! Thank you for subscribing, commenting and for supporting me always. Saranghae~