Home

First Love

 

7 years later....

 

“Bonjour, Madame Elise. Comment ça va?” (Hello Mrs Elise. How are you?) Hyoyeon greeted her neighbour cheerfully.

“Ça va bien. Merci Hyoyeon. Et toi?” (I’m fine. Thank you Hyoyeon. And you?) Her neighbour asked her back with a smile.

“Bien. Très bien. Et très joyeux parce qui je vais retourner en Corée bientôt!” (Good. Very good. And happy because I’ll return to Korea soon!) She replied without hiding her excitement.

“Je suis heureux pour toi aussi.” (I am happy for you too) Her neighbour shared her joy.

After having a fun chat with her neighbour, Hyoyeon opened the door to her apartment. She had already finished packing her things to go back to Korea. There were not much of her things. Just one big luggage and a small backpack. There was not much to begin with. She did not plan to stay in France for the rest of her live anyway. All those past 7 years, she always yearned to go back to Korea. But maybe, just maybe, she was waiting for the right timing. It did sound like an excuse when all she did was running away from her problem.

She walked to the bedside table, near the window. There was a frame there. She touched the photo inside it. She smiled slightly. It was a picture of the cause of her problem.

“Oppa, I’ll be back soon.” She whispered, hoping the wind might send the voice to the real person in the picture. Of course, it was impossible.

“Lee Eunhyuk, I came here in hope to forget you. Now, I realize it was impossible. But, at least I am strong enough to face you again.” With that, she put the frame back at its place. She walked again and stopped near the window. It was almost twilight. She closed the window, as if indicating the closure of her heartbreak.

 

The plane landed safely in Korea. Hyoyeon smiled as she exited the arriving hall.

All seem to work really well. Taeyeon joined Tiffany and her younger sister, Seohyun in a group called TaeTiSeo. They were very popular and active in singing nowadays. Yoona and Yuri, they joined acting. Being pretty and talented, it would be easier for them in that career. Sooyoung as well might be joining them in acting. Sunny, she was busy with her musical and ‘mc’ing and ‘dj’ing. Jessica, after releasing her second album, she said she wanted to take a rest. And he… the one that could never escape her mind… he was very successful too. He and Donghae were collaborating together in singing and dancing. Of course, he was a great dancer. As always.

From afar, though in their disguises, she could see her best friends were waiting for her. She felt touched as they still made the effort to welcome her at the airport despite their busy schedules. After all, all of them were famous. It would be not easy to avoid their fans. Still, there they were, waiting excitedly for her. Her smile brightened as she made her way to them.

“HYOYEON!!!”

“UNNIE!!!”

Eight voices called her in unison as soon as they saw her, producing a very loud noise in the airport.

“Hyoyeon, you're back! I was beginning to think you lived on some distant planet.”

Taeyeon was the first to pull her into a tight hug, so tight Hyoyeon could almost choke from it.

“You must have really missed me.” Hyoyeon answered as they broke apart from their hug.

“Uh, it is only because of I was forced to practice dancing for almost five hours a day. Otherwise, I've been so busy, I didn't even notice you were gone.”

“Missed you, too, Taeyeon.” Hyoyeon gave her famous v-shaped smile.

“Move aside, Taeyeon. You are not the only one who’s missing Hyoyeon.” Jessica pushed Taeyeon to the other side.

“Yah, be careful with my body. I am a precious celebrity, you know!” Taeyeon frowned as she was pushed by Jessica.

“I don’t care.” Jessica did not sound repentant so Taeyeon could only grumble.

“Hey, today is our reunion. No fighting, okay?” In this situation, her younger sister, Seohyun, was the reliable person to calm the situation although she was the maknae. Funny, wasn’t it?

Hyoyeon laughed watching the situation. Nothing’s changed, it seemed. At least, not her best friends. Later, she exchanged hugs and greetings with Jessica, Tiffany, Yoona, Sunny, Yuri, Sooyoung and Seohyun.

 

“I saw your fashion show. It was a success, I heard. The youngest designer ever! Wow, you are brilliant!” Tiffany complimented her.

They were chatting about their careers, how busy they were, how tired they thought to be working in the entertainment industry yet how exciting they felt to be recognized by the people.

They were sitting on the lounges in Hyoyeon’s new apartment. They were helping her unpacking, cleaning and arranging a few items in the apartment. The apartment was fully furnished and there was not much to do so it was finished in just two hours.

Hyoyeon chuckled a bit. “I have tremendous helps. It was not my effort alone.”

“Now you have come back, what are you planning to do now?” Yoona asked curiously.

Hyoyeon reached out for her handbag. Then, she pulled out a silver card. She showed it to them.

“Ta-da! Actually, I have been invited to be a stylist for this company. I might be starting next week.” She said with a grin.

“Wow, great for you, unnie! I guess all of us will be busy then.” Despite the excitement for Hyoyeon, Sooyoung could not hide the disappointment for being busy.

“Except for me.” Jessica said in a relax tone. Of course, she was having a break now.

“You are being lazy again, Jessica?” Hyoyeon grinned at Jessica.

“I’m not lazy.... Gravity just affects me more than it affects all of you.” Jessica answered, causing a big laughter in the apartment.

Later, they continued talking happily about their plans, their next activities and other things.

 


 

It has been a loooong time, right? I am sorry... It had been tough for me these past few months. I will try to update at least once a month. Sorry again. Hope you like this chapter.  Keep supporting me, ne? Saranghae~