New Friend. New Enemy.

First Love

 

“Attention, class!” Upon hearing the voice of the teacher, all the students in class 1-A remained silent and paid their attention to their teacher who had just came. The scariest teacher in the world had come!  The statement echoed in their head. So, what other choice they had apart from obeying the instruction?

The teacher smiled when all the students listened to her instruction. Then, she continued her words. “Today, you will have a new friend. Kim Hyoyeon, please come in.”

Hyoyeon entered the class as instructed. “Hello everyone. My name is Kim Hyoyeon. I am a new student. Nice to meet you all.” She greeted them with a smile.

“Very well then. Take your time to get to know each other. I have some work to do. So, I will leave you for now to do your own work.” Then the teacher looked at Hyoyeon and said, “Just choose where you would like to sit. I am Miss Zhou. I am your class teacher. Please make yourself comfortable in this class.”

As soon as the teacher left the class, Hyoyeon was surrounded by all the students in the class. She was stuttered. “He... Hello... everyone...” she said again.

“Excuse me! As a new student, you don’t greet people like that.” Suddenly, one of the boys spoke up. Hyoyeon noticed that he was the tallest among all the students.

Hyoyeon was anxious. ‘What they want to do with me?’ she thought.

“Err... then, what should I do?” She tried to be as calm as possible.

“You should bow 90 degree. How could you be so impolite on your first day?” the boy continued to annoy her.

“Oh, I am so sorry! Hello everyone! I am Kim Hyoyeon. Please teach me well.” Then, Hyoyeon bowed 90 degree in front of the boy who asked her to bow. At the moment, he was standing beside of her.

“Why do you bow to me only? You should bow to the whole people in this class. Now, step forward and bow again.” Said the boy again.

Hyoyeon gave him a glare but she just followed his order. ‘Fine! If this will make you satisfy!’ she said to herself. She step forward and bowed again. Unfortunately, it was a bad luck for her. There was a desk in front of her and she did not realize it so that she hit her forehead to the desk with a loud ‘thud’.

“Ouch!” She screamed out of pain.

The whole students were bursting with laughter. Hyoyeon was in pain and she was in shame. She rubbed her forehead while cursing the people silently.

The students continued to laugh without feeling sympathetic to her. Hyoyeon could only control her anger and be as patient as possible as she did not want to offend her new classmates.

“Now, you have to clean this class until there is no single rubbish and dust left.” The boy commanded her again after he could control his evil laugh. In fact, he was the one with the loudest laugh just now. Hyoyeon was shocked and she looked angrily at him.

“What? Do you think I am your maid?” she retorted.

“Well, that was the thing that a new student should do on her first day. Right, class?” The boy was trying to get some support from the other students.

“Yes. Right. It’s true.” All of the students replied.

The boy grinned after getting the support from his friends. In Hyoyeon’s eyes now, he was no less than a thug who deserved to get at least two punches from her. How she wanted to wipe the grin off his face. She stared fiercely at him. And the boy returned her stare back. They were exchanging look for a moment. Now, it was the battle of staring contest between Hyoyeon and the boy. Other students were watching keenly at them. Who will win?

“Don’t you think you stare at me too long? I’m afraid that you will fall in love with me.” then, the boy winked at Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon blinked her eyes. She was blushing now. “Who will fall in love with you? Me? No way! You are so annoying! Get lost, Mr. Annoying!” Hyoyeon raised her tone.

The boy only smirked as if he was unaffected with the change of her tone. “I’m just trying to warn you because as you can see, I am so handsome. So, I am not surprised if you fall in love with me.” Once again, he laughed evilly.

“HA. HA. HA.” Hyoyeon laughed cynically. “Keep on dreaming! Watch my lip. I. WOULD. NEVER. EVER. FALL. IN. LOVE. WITH. YOU!” She said word by word.

“Yeah, dream of me, baby.” He touched her chin slightly with a playful smile on his face.

Now, Hyoyeon was filled with anger. Mr. Annoying, you will die in my hand today! She clutched her fist and was about to give the boy some ‘present’ when a voice interrupted her.

“Yah, Kyuhyun! Enough of that. Stop teasing her. You are scaring her.”

The voice came from a girl who was sitting coolly on her chair, unlike other students who were standing to see the show from Hyoyeon and that Mr. Annoying clearly.

“Whatever...” The next thing happened was the boy went to his place and sat joyfully on his chair.

‘Oh! So, his name is Kyuhyun? Mr. Annoying is far better!’ Hyoyeon thought.

With just a single gesture from the girl, the students went to their seat. Looks like she held a high post in the class. Then, she approached Hyoyeon with a smile. Being polite, Hyoyeon returned her smile.

“Hello! I am Taeyeon. I am the head class.” She introduced herself. ‘See, I am right.’ “For the rudeness of the other, I apologize. I hope you don’t take it seriously.”

Before Hyoyeon could speak anything, the girl known as Taeyeon brought her to her seat.

“Come, you can sit beside me.” once again, she smiled sincerely to Hyoyeon.

As the girl was being so nice to her, Hyoyeon could not be so ignorant. She thanked her and began to sit on her chair. Until then she realized that Mr. Annoying was sitting beside her and they were only separated by a small space between them. When their eyes met, Kyuhyun waved at her with a smile. Hyoyeon made a protest sound with the situation. Taeyeon, who heard her protest sound, looked at her. Then, she saw the cause of her uncomfortableness.

"Taeyeon-ah. Good thing you ask her to sit near me. After this, I won't be lonely anymore." He gave Taeyeon a sweet smile as if appreciating Taeyeon's action.

Hyoyeon's face became sour after hearing his words. 'Who do you think I am? Your puppet?' Her temper reached 100 degree Celcius now.

“Hello! My name is Kyuhyun. I am the prince of this school. If you want to be the princess of this school, you can try applying to be my girlfriend. But, you have to register first and go for audition.” He said with proud look written all over his face.

‘Prince? What prince? Frog prince? Do you think you are handsome? Oh, pleaseee! The frog behind my house is far more handsome than you!’ Hyoyeon just gave him an irritated look.

 “Don’t mind him. He was kidding just now. Actually, he is a nice person once you get to know him. Sometimes, he likes to tease people. I am sure both of you will become friend in a short time.” Taeyeon tried to cheer her.

‘Friend? Huh! Watch me if I ever accept to be his friend! Mr. Annoying! I will get to you next time!’ Hyoyeon thought with hatred.

After that, Taeyeon introduced her to the other students in the class. They were also being nice to her and they could get along in short time. They were not as bad as she thought. But, she could not help to notice that three girls, if she was not mistaken, introduced by Taeyeon as Yoona, Jessica and Tiffany, give an unpleasant glare at her. She wondered, have she done anything wrong to offend them?

In short, she felt like she had gained new friends as well as new enemies. And, the greatest enemy is Kyuhyun!