Can You Dance?

First Love

 

 

“Hyoyeon-ah! What club do you want to join?” Taeyeon asked her during their lunch time.

“Club? What do you mean?” Hyoyeon wondered.

“In this school, it is compulsory to join a club. But, you can choose whatever club you want to join.” Taeyeon explained.

“Oh, I understand. So, what club you are in?”

“I was in Dance Club.”

Hyoyeon’s heart skipped a beat on the word dance. But, something made her curious. “Was? Meaning, you are no longer in Dance Club right?”

Taeyeon showed a sad face. “Actually, I love dancing. But, looks like I have no talent at all. So, I am planning to join another club. Aishh! It was so embarrassing to be a member who does not know to dance.”

Hyoyeon remained silent. Inside her heart, she was feeling sorry for Taeyeon. It was hurting to love something but have to forget it. Like her situation. How she loved dancing but...

“Forget about me.  So, what club do you want to join? Maybe we can join it together.” Taeyeon’s words pulled her away from being dragged into her worst nightmare.

“Hah? Oh, let me think first. I still have nothing in my mind right now.” Hyoyeon replied.

“Okay! Give me your answer after you’ve done thinking. Let’s eat for now!”

Taeyeon took out her lunchbox and start eating. As for Hyoyeon, she was still thinking about what had been said by Taeyeon just now. ‘At least, I’ve got choice.’ She was relieved. ‘No dancing anymore!’ she decided. Then, she followed Taeyeon and started eating her lunchbox too.

“Hello girls! Can I join you?” Suddenly, a voice interrupted their peace. They looked at the person who was sitting shamelessly in front of them. Hyoyeon almost choked when seeing his face. Yes, it is Kyuhyun!

“You! What are you doing here? Get lost and don’t bother us!” Hyoyeon exclaimed.

Kyuhyun looked at Hyoyeon and said “Excuse me. I don’t ask you. I asked Taeyeon.” Then, he looked at Taeyeon with a smile. “Can I sit here?”

Taeyeon was in dilemma. If she allowed Kyuhyun to sit with them, Hyoyeon might get angry. But, Kyuhyun is her friend also. Then, an idea came to her.

“Yes, you can sit here.” Taeyeon replied.

Hyoyeon eyes were wide-open. ‘How could Taeyeon betray her?’ she grunted in silence.

“Now, you two. I want both of you to become friends now. Kyuhyun, apologize to Hyoyeon right away. And Hyoyeon, accept his apology.” Taeyeon said in demanding tone.

The command hit Hyoyeon like a boomerang. She could not believe her ears when Taeyeon said that. She stared at Taeyeon. Indeed, Taeyeon was smiling as if she had asked something easy to accomplish.

“What? It’s an easy task. Just do hand-shake and give each other a bright smile. I don’t ask both of you to jump off a bridge.” Taeyeon said innocently.

“Yah, Hyoyeon! You better follow whatever she told you. Or else, you might regret it later. She is a scary person.” Suddenly, Kyuhyun whispered to Hyoyeon with serious voice.

“Is that true?” Hyoyeon looked at Kyuhyun in disbelief.

“Yes, it is true!” Kyuhyun said convincingly.

‘Gulp! What kind of person that I’ve become close to?’ Hyoyeon thought.

“What are you whispering right now? Why don’t you do as I said?” She sounded angry.

Kyuhyun and Hyoyeon exchanged glance. Hyoyeon was signalling Kyuhyun to apologize to her first. At last...

“Hyoyeon-ah, I’m sorry to make you angry. I just want to bring more laughter to the class and you seem to be a person who is easy to get bullied. That’s why I like to tease you.”

‘Aish, this person! Even his apology sounds evil!’ Hyoyeon was unsatisfied. Reluctantly, she stretched out her hand to do handshake. “It’s alright. I’m not angry.” ‘It’s not true! I’m so angry! I feel like killing you now.’

Kyuhyun almost burst on laughter on Hyoyeon’s lie. But, he managed to control his expression to be as serious as possible. They did handshake and their eyes met each other. There was something in their eyes that could only be interpreted by them. Revenge.

“Good boy and good girl.” Taeyeon clapped her hands in satisfied.

Later, they started to eat their lunch in silence. Everything seemed normal but as for Hyoyeon, she was planning something ‘special’ for her ‘new friend’.

Suddenly, there was some chaos behind them. It could be seen that some female students were cheering enthusiastically on a student that was passing them.

“Why? What happen? Who’s that?” Hyoyeon asked confusedly.

“Oh, you probably don’t know yet since you are new here. That guy, he is a very popular boy in this school. Even more popular than this devil beside you.” Taeyeon said while pointing to Kyuhyun. Hyoyeon chuckled whereas Kyuhyun choked on his food.

“Yah! Do you want to die?” ‘What devil? I’m an angel!’ Kyuhyun wiped his mouth.

Taeyeon laughed. “Calm down. I’m just joking.” She saw Kyuhyun took a sip of his drink. “Actually, that guy is our school’s president. That’s mean he is our senior. He is also the President of the Dance Club. Besides, he is well-known for being smart, cool and rich. Indeed, he is the top student in this school. His nickname is Crown Prince.” Taeyeon continued her explanation.

Hyoyeon tried to see the boy’s face that was said as Crown Prince. She could only see the back view of him. Suddenly, the boy turned and she could see his face clearly . ‘Impossible! It’s... him?’ Yes, it is Lee Hyukjae a.k.a Eunhyuk. The person whom she met that morning. The truth made her dumbfounded and left her in shock. ‘What is this coincidence? That person is popular? And, he is happened to be the President of... Dance Club? My heart... why is it beating so fast each time I see him?’

“Close your mouth. A fly almost got into your mouth.” Suddenly, she heard Kyuhyun’s voice. She did not notice that was opened just now. Quickly, she closed . “Why? Are you interested in him?” Kyuhyun asked.

Hyoyeon ignored his question. Then, she faced Taeyeon and said something unexpectedly. “Taeyeon-ah. Let’s join Dance Club.”

Now, it was Taeyeon’s time to feel shock. “Are you serious? But, can you dance?” Taeyeon asked. The question made Hyoyeon to come to her sense. Just now, she realized what she had said. She bit her tongue as she regretted for talking so careless. But, there was no turning back...