She Saw Him

First Love

 

‘New day! New school! New friends!’ Hyoyeon exclaimed. ‘Time to find some new adventures!’

Hyoyeon was walking fast towards her class. Today was her first day in the new school and she did not want to be late on her first day. For her, first impression was very important. And she did not want her teacher to have bad impression on her. Besides, she was a new student who had just got transferred to the school. She was walking fast until she walked past a dance room. The word DANCE caught her attention. Then, she stopped in front of the door. She always loved dancing. In fact, she was a good dancer. However, a tragedy stopped her from dancing anymore.

The awful memories came flooding in her mind. As if to make the memories faded away, she shook her head several times. ‘Not this time. Please not this time!’ Hyoyeon thought. She would not let the memories to ruin her new day. She had been badly hurt from the incident last time and she did not want to let the wound bled again.

When she wanted to leave the place, she saw a movement in the dance room. Her mind was asking her to leave but her action was faster. Unconsciously, she pushed the door slightly and peek inside the room. To her surprise, a boy was dancing without music in the room. His movements... his steps... the dance... everything was perfect! Everything was flawless! She was stunned in her place for a moment. Such a great dance, she thought. His dance really captured her eyes and her heart.

The boy continued to dance with Hyoyeon was still looking at him unknowingly. He danced gracefully and amazingly. ‘Who is he?’ Hyoyeon thought. She wondered how a boy could dance so beautifully and superbly. She never saw a boy dancing before and the view just now really amazed her.

Then, the boy turned his face towards her. Upon seeing his face, Hyoyeon was stunned once again. Suddenly, she felt like a butterfly was flying inside her stomach and her heart was beating fast. The boy... no, he was not handsome. In fact, he was far from handsome. But, there was something in his expression that attracted her so much. He looked so pure and innocent. His eyes... he did not have double eyelids. His nose... his mouth... so charming. The boy suddenly stopped dancing and smiled as if he was satisfied with himself. And she saw his gummy smile as his face was facing her.

Without realizing what she was doing, Hyoyeon stepped forward and revealed herself to the boy. She was clapping with a please look on her face. The boy looked surprise at first but then he smiled. Again, the gummy smile was shown on his face.

“Oh, you saw me dancing?” He scratched his back head shyly.

“Yes, and you are amazing!” Hyoyeon said delightfully.

“Thank you.” He bowed politely. “Are you a new student?” he asked.

“Ne. I am in 10th grade. My name is Kim Hyoyeon. Today is my first day in this school.” Hyoyeon explained herself.

“I am Lee Hyukjae but people called me Eunhyuk. I guess I am your sunbae because I am in 12th grade. Well, welcome to this school. Hope you enjoy your new school.”

“Thank you, sunbae!” Hyoyeon gave her cheerful smile to him.

“By the way, don’t you have class now?”

The question made Hyoyeon shocked. She looked at her watch and saw the time. She was late and that was the last thing that she wanted to do.

“Oh my God! What to do? What to do? I am late! I am so die!” she was panicked now.

“Rilex! No one had ever die because they were late to class in this school. Don’t worry. I think the teacher won’t get angry because you are a new student. You can say that you got lost. Well, who doesn’t get lost on their first day, right? So, just go to your class. For 10th grade students, their class are in the second floor. So, go! Hurry!” Eunhyuk helped her.

Hyoyeon stared at him for a moment. Then, she asked, “What about you? Don’t you have class too?”

“You can say that I am special.” He smiled before continuing his words. “You will know later. For now, just go to your class. You are already late, right?” He pushed her gently to the door.

Without wasting any time, Hyoyeon started to run towards the direction that was pointed by Eunhyuk with a heavy heart. As she was running, she thought she had left something behind. She left her heart! From that moment, she knew, she had fallen for him. And, she was looking forward to meet him again...