The Dance

First Love

 

“Unnie, wake up! You are going to be late for school!” said a girl.

Hyoyeon opened her eyes slightly. Then, she saw her sister, Seohyun, standing near her bed.

“Are you real?” Hyoyeon asked sleepily.

“Of course I am! What kind of question is that? Are you still dreaming?” Seohyun started to become impatient. “Now, wake up or you will be late for school,” She said with a demanding voice and then left the room.

However, Hyoyeon still had not completely waked up from her bed. She was thinking about yesterday’s event. ‘So, was it real too? Was it real that he hugged me?’ she thought.

She could not help but blushed as she remembered the event. She pulled her blanket to cover her face and smiled shyly.

Suddenly,

“HYOYEON-UNNIEEE!!!”

A loud yell from her sister came piercing her ears. Quickly, she jumped out of her bed and found Seohyun, who was looking angrily at her. Then, she looked at her clock.

‘Oh my God! I am damn late!’

Like a Superwoman, she took her towel quickly and prepared herself to go to school.

 

“Hyoyeon, what are you going to do about the dance today?” Taeyeon asked Hyoyeon after they had finished their class for that day. They would be heading to the meeting of the dance club soon after.

“Urm... cook some spaghetti?” Hyoyeon said playfully.

“Come on. Be serious, will you?” Taeyeon started to get impatient and hit Hyoyeon’s shoulder slightly.

“Of course I will dance. What else do you expect me to do?” Hyoyeon said.

“I expect you to embarrass yourself,” Kyuhyun suddenly interrupted their conversation.

“Hah. That would be you!” Hyoyeon replied with a smirk.

“Oh, really? Are you that confident?” Kyuhyun started to heat up the situation.

“Yeah, I am very confident. So, what are you going to do? Cheer me to death?” Hyoyeon gave a sly smile.

“Of course not. I don’t want you to die yet because I’m still not through quarrelling with you,” Kyuhyun said.

“Wow, that is so nice of you!” Hyoyeon said cynically. She ignored the nudging from Taeyeon. By hook or by crook, she wanted to shut his mouth up.

“Don’t you know that you are fun to tease?” then, Kyuhyun burst out an evil laugh.

Hyoyeon bit to stop herself from saying any curse words. She stared angrily at Kyuhyun. ‘What does he think I am? His puppet?’ She lost the words to fight back.

“In the future, let’s restrict our conversations to hello and goodbye,” Hyoyeon finally said to Kyuhyun before pulling Taeyeon with her to leave the class.

“Well, I’m still not thinking about the future at the moment. So, there is no restriction,” Kyuhyun smiled devilishly as he saw Hyoyeon getting afar from him.

 

“So, as we promised, today, Hyoyeon and Kyuhyun will be dancing in front of us. Let’s call them now,” Donghae acted as the MC. In fact, he was the Vice President of the Dance Club.

Slowly, Hyoyeon stood up from her seat. She could see Kyuhyun was already walking to the front with his proud smile. She gave a disgusting look to him when their eyes met. Then, she also walked to the front and stood beside Kyuhyun.

“To make this dance more interesting, why don’t we make a dance battle between both of them? Who agrees with me?” the suggestion from Donghae got strong support from the other members. Hyoyeon started to feel nervous. What if she messed up? What if she ended up embarrassing herself again?

From her quick glance, she could see the confident look from Kyuhyun and the worried look from Taeyeon. She could also feel the hateful stare from Yoona, Jessica and Tiffany. ‘So, they were in this club too?’ The cheers continued to grow, telling them to start dancing.

As if fated, her eyes met Eunhyuk’s eyes. He was giving a warm look at her. He flashed his smile to encourage her. He also murmured the word ‘fighting’. Bit by bit, Hyoyeon started to feel calm again. She smiled as if telling him that she was confident now.

The dance battle started with Kyuhyun. He was dancing a comical dance. After he finished, he got a loud applause from the other members especially the girls.

Next, it was her turn. Hyoyeon tried to keep her mind positive. ‘There is no harm in dancing. My talent is not a mistake. It is also not a disaster. It is a gift.’ She kept on repeating those words. The words from Eunhyuk, actually.

She closed her eyes. And, as the music started, she showed them her skills in dancing. With her eyes still closed, she danced and danced to her heart’s content. She danced like she had always been taught to dance for the rest of her life. She danced like she would never have the chance to dance again tomorrow. She danced like her life was depending on her dance today.

Then, the music came to an end. Hyoyeon gasped for air. But she was still unable to open her eyes. She was afraid to see their expression. She was scared of their comments. She waited for their critiques but she could hear nothing. ‘Should I open my eyes?’ she asked herself.

Slowly, she opened her eyes. As she did that, she looked at the faces of the club members. ‘Are they impressed?’ Hyoyeon wondered. She could not read their minds as they were staring at her like she was an alien from another space. Their eyes were glued to her and their mouths were wide-opened. Even Kyuhyun showed the same expression. She started to feel really uncomfortable with the situation. ‘Did I dance badly?’ Again, she wondered.

Suddenly, she heard someone was clapping. She searched around the room and found that person. It was Eunhyuk! Then, as if on cue, the other members started to clap too. And it became noisy as the members tried to speak at the same time. Despite that, Hyoyeon could still that they were actually praising her! she could hear their compliments and praise. They said how great her dance was, how she made the spectators stunned and many other good words. She smiled broadly listening to their comments.

In the middle of the commotion, Hyoyeon could see Eunhyuk walking towards her while still clapping at her. And, she could hear his words clearly.

“You’ve done well,” Eunhyuk said with his charming smile.

At the moment, she just wanted to keep replaying the words only in her mind. She was not paying any attention to the comments from other people. She could not be bothered with Kyuhyun’s disbelief of her talent. She could not have cared less of the annoying looks Yoona, Jessica and Tiffany had. For her, Eunhyuk’s words meant everything in the world. No other words could be compared to his.

At that moment, Hyoyeon felt so glad that she decided to start dancing again. She was glad that she joined the Dance Club. And most importantly, she was glad that she met Eunhyuk.

 

**********************************************************************************************

 

Hi! I'm back! Sorry for the late update. Recently, I've got an offer to further my study in Adelaide, Australia. The preparation has kept me very busy. So, I might not be able to update frequently in the future. But, I'm very happy to read your comments. Thank you so much for your support. Thank you also to all my subcribers. Keep reading my story and I'll try to make it even better. Hope all of you like my story. peace no war~ ^__^

Credit to bbangie83 for reviewing my story again. Thank you so much! ^__^