Date?

First Love

 

Hyoyeon was in the class, thinking hard about her condition. How she loved someone who love some else. It is crazy, she admit it. And she was thinking about it. Should she really give up or continue with her love? Yes, she said that she won’t give up that easily without a fight. But, after thinking with her right mind, she know, deep down in her heart, someone would be hurt in the process. It is just a matter of time. Worst, the person could be her, herself. She let out a sigh.

“Miss Kim?” Suddenly she heard someone called her name.

“Hm?” She snapped out from her daydream. When she looked up, she saw her History Teacher was looking at her with serious look.

“Pearl Harbour?” He asked.

‘Oh my God. What should I answer? I don’t even focus on half of the lecture from the class.’ Hyoyeon was nervous. She was not paying attention as she was too engrossed with her thought.

“Aaa…” Hyoyeon tried to think of some possible answers.

“December 7, 1941.” Suddenly, someone answered.

“Thank you, Miss Kim.” The teacher said sarcastically. Then, he turned around and continued with his lecture.

“Anytime.”

Hyoyeon glanced to her left and saw Kyuhyun. He was the one who answered the question. Kyuhyun was looking at her with a smirk. was slightly parted to murmur the word ‘thank you’, but, remembering the person was Kyuhyun, she dropped the thought. Then, she threw her gaze to the whiteboard , pretending to focus on the lecture. Then, she could hear a slow grunt from her left. She could not help but a small smile curled from her lips.

‘Now, it’s 1-1.’ she thought. ‘Just treat it as paying for your sin.’ With that thought, she gave Kyuhyun a sly smile.

 

 

“Hyoyeon, are you fine?” Taeyeon asked with concern during the recess.

“Have you not heard the word that I've said? I’ve answered that question five times over now.” Hyoyeon said, a bit irritated.

“Well, good. Make it six, then.” Taeyeon still insisted.

“I’m fine!” Hyoyeon stressed the word ‘fine’.

“Yeah, you smell fine. Otherwise, you won’t be daydreaming in the class.” Taeyeon said sarcastically.

“Please, Taeyeon. Just give me a rest.” Hyoyeon sighed. “I just can’t get the you-know-who problem out from my mind.”

“Here she goes again.” Taeyeon rolled her eyes. “I thought we have talked about this yesterday.”

“I talked. You listened.” Hyoyeon emphasised each word. True enough. She was the one with the talking and Taeyeon was listening to her problem.

“Whatever. What happened to I-won’t-give-up thingy?”

“Change of mind, that’s what happened.”

“You are taking this matter very hard. Come on, girl. He is just in love with other girl. It is not like he is married. Besides, it is still unsure whether it is true or not. You just heard what people are saying. You’ve still got your chance.” Taeyeon said simply.

“Easy for you to say. What if it is true? It makes him to be in love with other person. That’s matter. What would you feel if someone tries to take someone you love from you? What would you do? And I don’t think he is the type to flirt with other girls if he truly loves somebody else.”

“Then, if you are thinking not to try, quit. Move on. Problem solved. Ta-da!”

“Yah, Kim Dorky, you are not being helpful here!” Hyoyeon shouted angrily.

“Yah, Kim Choding, you are being emotional here!” Taeyeon shouted back.

“Yah, Kim-Kim Siblings, would you mind to slow down your volume? People are trying to eat here.” Someone shouted at them.

Hyoyeon and Taeyeon looked around and saw people were staring at them. Just then they realized that they were at the canteen.

They looked at each other.

“Did we just get scolded?” Taeyeon asked.

“And judged, yeah.” Hyoyeon replied.

Suddenly, they burst into laughter. Both of them felt it is kind of silly to argue on a simple matter. So, they just grabbed their lunch and ate cheerfully, trying to forget the issue that aroused just now.

 

 

That evening, Hyoyeon went to the Dance Room again. Deep down in her heart, she was kind of hoping to see Eunhyuk there. But, the other side of her heart kept on telling her to move on.

When she arrived at the Dance Room, she took a peek inside. There was no one. She opened the door and went inside. Silence greeted her as she was inside the room.

‘Somehow, I feel relieved that he is not here.’ She thought.

‘But, I really wish he is here. I… I miss him…’The other part of her heart said.

‘You know you can’t, right? He loves someone else. And you said it yourselves that you don’t want to be the third party.’

‘I know… but, I just want to have a glance at him. Is it impossible too?’

‘Forget him. That is the best.’

‘If it is that simple, I would not be having this heartache!’

‘But…’

“Just shut up!” She shouted angrily to her wavering heart.

“Uhm, but I don’t even say anything yet.”

Suddenly, she heard someone's voice behind her.

She looked over her shoulder and saw Eunhyuk was standing near the door. His right foot was inside the room while the other foot was outside the room.

“Eunhyuk-sunbae!” Crap! Why do I have to be caught like this again? Hyoyeon thought. She immediately stood up and bowed slightly to him.

“Am I interrupting some talking-to-myself moment?” Eunhyuk asked while stepping inside the room.

“Yes, I mean, no! You are not interrupting anything.” Hyoyeon was having tongue-tied as she was too flustered. She chuckled a bit to hide her feeling.

Eunhyuk smiled. Without a word, he sat beside Hyoyeon.

The situation made Hyoyeon’s heart beat crazily. It is not like they never sat closely together. Eunhyuk even had hugged her once to comfort her last time. (A/N: if you have forgotten, read Chapter 6 again)

“So, what are you doing here alone?” He asked, oblivious of Hyoyeon’s feeling.

“As you noticed, I am having talking-to-myself session.” She laughed shyly.

“About what?”

“Just… stuff… some problem…”

“Mind sharing?” he asked, the sound of concern could be heard from his tone.

Hyoyeon looked at Eunhyuk. ‘You! You are my problem.’ The word that she could answer in her heart only. “Nah, it’s okay. I think I could manage it. That’s why I am here. To think it through.”

“You have problem and you come to the Dance Room. Is it kind of habit?”

“I guess so.” Hyoyeon chuckled. “I used to dance when I’ve got problem. It is when I dance, that’s how I speak the truth.” She threw her gaze to the mirror in front of her. How she missed dancing to ease her feeling in time of having problems like she did before.

“So, what stop you now?” Eunhyuk asked.

“I don’t know…” Then, she let out a sigh.

“I have a great idea. What about we meet this weekend and then we practice dancing together? Here. Are you interested?” Eunhyuk said suddenly, facing Hyoyeon now.

Hyoyeon looked at Eunhyuk again. This time, her eyes were sparkling…

 

 

“Hello dear friend!” Hyoyeon greeted Taeyeon cheerfully the next morning at the school.

“I am not familiar with this friend. Where is the moody one, cries a lot, dances real amazing?” Taeyeon said.

“Oh, she is going on a date this weekend. But not a date as in a couple date. It is a dance practice date.” Hyoyeon said.

“And who would this ‘not a date as in a couple date’ be with?” Taeyeon asked curiously.

“Lee Eunhyuk.” Hyoyeon answered with a smile.

“Rewind. I might have heard wrongly. Who is it again?” Taeyeon asked in disbelief.

“Haisy… You should have a regular check on your ears. They are getting worse nowadays. I said, Lee Eunhyuk. As in Eunhyuk sunbae.”

“Eunhyuk oppa? He wants to go on a date with you?” Taeyeon said in shocked.

“You say that with such a discouraging amount of surprise.” Hyoyeon pretended to pout. “Why? Am I not allowed to have a date with him?”

“Going to a date with him means you have decided to seduce him.”

“Seduce is kind of a harsh word. I prefer, get to know him well.”

“That’s my point. So, no more backing out?” Taeyeon asked.

“For the moment, that’s my plan.” Hyoyeon answered. This time, she was certain.

 

 

*************************************************************************************************************

 

so, uhm, I've noticed that my subcribers have reduced. have you grown tired of this story? do you want me to make it short? is it boring now? please give me your opinion so that I can improve my writing. *puppy eyes*

anyways, thanks to all of you!

saranghae!

^___^