Chapter 7

Making Memories

"Can you believe it? This is our last day as normal people!" Chunji said with exciment while he clapped his hands together as he held his books together between his arms.

"Hyung, How is this going to be different for you? Your already popular.." Niel said as he clinched his own books against his chest.

"But I am only popular within the school. It isn't fun seeing the same people everyday you know." He shrugged."Isn't it weird? We just started school, and now we get to leave early."

"Hmm." The younger hummed and nodded in response.

The two of them were on their way to the library. All the boys had to turn in all their textbooks and clean out their lockers before they could leave.Today was the last day the boys would walk through the halls of Jungsan High school. No more running down the halls and chasing each other like idiots, corrupting the class, or even after school meetings. Now everything would be a game changer. Not only will they be Preforming together, they will have to do everything together. Live, eat, sleep, you name it. This wasn't exactly what Niel had planned, And he knew his mother would flip if she found out he'd have to move so early. It wasn't the fact that he was only 16, Niel was her pride in joy. He was the middle child, but she gave most of her love to him. She cared for him the most. How could he expect her to let go so soon?

"You don't seem as happy as the rest of us." Chunji replied taking a glance over at his dongsaeng's face.

Niel looked over at him and shaked his head."No I am happy! I am just worried about my mother.."

"Ah.. I see. Your a mama's boy!"

"Huh?" Niel blinked as his eyes grew wide."N-no! I just don't want her to be upset!"

"Niel is a mama's boy! Niel is a mama's boy!" Chanhee chanted as they walked into the entrance of the library.

"Shh!" The lady at the front desk hissed as she saw then walk in.

"Niel is a mama's boy, Niel is a mama's boy!" He continued to chant quietly.

"I am not a mama's boy!" Niel hissed back in response.

"Whatever you say fishie." Chunji shrugged while placing the books down on the counter."Hi Mrs.Hong!" He smiled widely to the older lady.

"Hello Chanhee," She smiled back and reached for the books Chunji had.

"You came in here so loud, I wouldn't have regonized you."

"Sorry.."He bowed his head slightly."I was just teasing Niel." He said wrapping his arm around the younger's neck and pulled him closer to him.

"Hm," She nodded before taking a look at Niel."Your father must be proud." She said grabbing Daniel's set of books.

"Oh.. Yes he is!" Niel chuckled nervously. "Well that is great. I hope you guys become really successful. You are really a great set of boys."

"Thank you, We better get going. I am sure the rest of the guys are waiting for us." Chanhee replied. He removed his arm from around Niel and waved to the elder."I will make sure to come back and visit you!" He smiled as he began to step away from the desk.

"You better if you know what is good for you."

"Yes ma'am." He chuckled and looked over at Daniel."Come on Niel," He motioned him to follow. Niel nodded and did so.

"You must know a lot of the teachers too, don't you?" Niel questioned when he caught up with him.

"Oh! No! She used to babysit me. She is like my aunt."

"Oh, I get it now.."

"Yeah, I am going to miss her. Maybe when we get famous enough, we can come back and hold events for our school!"

"Maybe.." Daniel shrugged while sticking his hands inside his pants pockets."Just maybe.."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Niel stood there in middle of the hallway. He eyed his parents door and took a deep sigh.

It had been a few weeks since he'd found out that he passed the auditions. His mom would constantly call him and ask him why he wasn't home. When ever she would call it would be nearly some minutes to 11. The only reason she called was because it was a school night, if it were in the weekends she could careless. He always had to make up a lie and say he was studying for upcoming test he had to take; but in reality, He was practicing. Andy had them working hard since he wanted them to debut in a couple months. He needed them to get down and learn their idol image and adjust to the life of a celebrity. Sadly, one of the things included moving out. Thats why he was standing there. He couldn't bring himself to tell his mother the truth.

He bit his lip and lowered his head down to the floor.

"It won't be a good investment. Stop wasting our money! How are we going to pay for Daniel's intuition if you keep blowing away money as if its water! How will we even send Bosung off to college?!"

He heard his mother's voice yell from the inside.

"I want them to live a better life than we did! But I can't do that if you keep putting a brick in our funds!"

He raised his head back up to see the handle of the door moving. Before he knew it the door swung revealing his mother.

"D-Daniel.." She stuttered in shock with tears forming in her eyes.

"Mom..?" She shook her head and stepped into the hall way. She slammed the door shut behind her.

"Is everything okay..?" Niel questioned with worry in his voice.

"It's fine." She replied wiping her face."Why are you just standing here? Was I yelling to loud?"

"Ani.." Daniel shook his head."Actaully I have to tell you something.."

".. Oh my, all this studying is stressing you out isn't it?" She asked rasing her hand to caress his cheek."I'm sorry you have to work so hard.." She continued on with more tears forming.

"Mom, I haven't been studying.."

"What?" She replied as she whiped her face.

Niel took a long deep sigh." I'm not going to take the tests to get into college."

".. Are you saying.. your not going to college..?" His mom questioned while she pulled her hand away.

He nodded.

She lowered her eyes from his gaze and looked away from him. She had a plain expression on her face, a dead look.

"I won't have time to go to college, my schedule will be packed.."

"I thought you'd be able to endure it."

He shook his head."I won't have time.. I will finish my school up until next month. They are getting us into these special schooling programs so our work won't interfere with our education."

"Mmm."She nodded."If that's what you want to do. I support you.."

"Mom?"

She took a deep sigh."Yes, Daniel."

"I have to ..." He paused in his words.

"Have to what ..?"

"Move out."

"Move out?" She repeated. "Move out?"

Niel nodded slowly.

"Your not even a adult yet!" She raised your voice." Who will you be living with?!"

"My friends. But mom its not as bad as you think! They will be supervising us! We don't have to pay for anything!"

"Oh, My head." She whispered to herself as she placed her hand on her forehead.

"Mom.. this is going to be a good thing.. I promise I will always come and visit. I know it may seem like a bad idea now.. but it is actaully a good thing.."

"When do you have to leave by." She responded with a plain tone.

"Thursday.."

"Hurry, Go pack. You only have one day left. I will cook you guys some food to take with you. I know how much you love my cooking." She said with a small smile.

".. Thanks mom.."

"Hurry, What are you standing here for? Go!" She said pushing him toward his room..

"Okay! Okay I am going!" He chuckled walking off.

Once he was in his room, he slammed his body down on the bed. "Alot is about to change.. " He smiled a bit.

This is everything I needed, all that I ever wanted. Now it is about to come true.