Chapter 1

Making Memories

"Do you have everything? Do I need to give you money?" Daniel’s mother questioned as she looked over at him.

He reached down to grab his bag and brought it up to his lap. He shook his head. "You gave me thirty this morning mom.."

"Oh yes- Right! Well– have a great day at school.” She leaned over and kissed his forehead."David will be picking you up after school. I love you, And have a good day." She smiled and unlocked the car door.

"Nado, nado.." He chanted as he got out the car then slammed the door shut. He watched his mother wave to him as she pulled off. He sighed once she was gone.

Another day of hell,
He thought. He turned around immediately to find a couple of boys he'd met yesterday.

Ricky, Changjo, L.Joe, Chunji, and C.A.P. Ricky and Changjo were sophmore kids he had met in his gym class. He was impressed by the amount of pushups Jonghyun could do in a minute. Matter of fact he was impressed, but also jealous. He wondered even though that he was a year older then him, that why couldn’t he do 78 pushups, He couldn’t even reach 10 pushups.

L.Joe and Chunji  were the ones he’d met at lunch. Being a new kid to that school the warm welcoming at tables were unblievably crude, But Byunghun and Chanhee? They’d been a total sweet heart to him. While he’d been sitting at the table watching them bother bicker back and forth about how a rock can’t destroy sicossors; which all led from a bet of who he’d like better as his hyung.

"Yah, Kid, Trust me. Im more popular than this bunny. I get more girls then him. I can hook you up with a really cute noona." Byunghun said stuffing his mouth with ramen.

Daniel smiled slightly and shook his head." Im not really into the whole noona thing yet.. I’m more of a saeng kind of guy.."

"See Chicken you dont even know what the boy likes! Dont worry– whats your name again?" Chunji said scratching his head.

"Daniel.."

"Daniel– I could find you a nice perfect saeng, Becuase I attract alot of the lower aged girls here. I mean noonas do tend to come after me. But being a senior, What noonas are there around? I mean for accept the ones that are nearly two months older than me." He flipped his hair and sighed." Noonas these day."

"Bunnies these days." Byunghun smirked shoving a straw in his mouth while he the milk from out the carton.

"Dont start idiot, Not in front of the freshman!"

"Uhm.. I’m not a freshman, Im a Junior.."

"Really?" Chunji said tilting his head with a surprised expression.

"You don’t look like a Junior, You look like a little - tall freshman."

Daniel looked at him and shook his head."I get that alot.. I dont really understand why people think so."

"Well, Your face really doesn’t fit," Chunji examined his face carefully. "You just really don’t look like it."

Daniel nodded. "Gwenchana, I understand"

"Are your lips naturally like that?" Byunghun asked before sticking a celery stick in his mouth.

"Yes, I get them from my mother.. I hate it, but you know sometimes you just have to live with it"

"Dont worry Danielle, You look fine." Chunji smiled as he picked up his phone.

"Its Daniel…" The Junior responded awkwardly.

"Hey Byungari, we should go over to Minsoo's after school.You should come too," He smiled glaring over at Daniel.

Daniel nodded and looked down at his food and began to eat.

But After that long exhausting hour of being questioned about his appearance at lunch, He’d Met C.A.P in art.

He wasnt really much of a artist, He wondered why they’d put him in the class in the first place. He had to sit next to minsoo, which C.A.P ordered him, and only him to call him that.

He wasn't sure if that was a compliment or if the senior were giving him a warning saying 'Don't with me.' He just left it as it was. But what attracted him to the deep voiced boy was how good he could draw.

"Thats a really nice drawing.." He said looking over at Minsoo’s paper. The senior slowly looked over at him, then he glared back at his paper.

"Don’t lie," He whispered and kept drawing.

"Okay, Fine.. Dont take my compliment.."

It was silent between the two for a few seconds.

"Whats good about this?" C.A.P asked looking over at him.

Daniel shrugged."I dont know, It looks better than mine .. and as you can see im a terrible drawer," He pointed to the stick figure he drew of himself on his paper.

Minsoo chuckled."You tried your best." 

"There isnt really anything good about that.." He looked down at Daniel’s paper.

"Well your pretty good at drawing straight lines." He stated."Most people can’t even accomplish that."

"Oh.." Daniel replied awkwardly."Thank.. you?"

"So," Minsoo began as he picked up his pencil and began to draw on his own paper once more."You never mentioned your name to me."

"It’s Daniel, Ahn Daniel." 

Minsoo nodded."Interesting name you’ve got there. It kind of- Suits you."

"How is that?" Daniel questioned watching him as he drew on his paper.

"Your personality really fits well with the name. Daniel, Sounds really Awkward- Yet unique. It also sounds like a very smart and cheerful name. Your a bit awkward, But you have a very unique vibe to you. Not so sure about the cheerful part."

Daniel slowly looked back over at his own paper lying on the desk.  He thought to himself.
Am I really that awkward..?

"Yes, You are." Minsoo spoke a again.

The boy looked back over at him with a confused look."H-Huh?" 

"Nothing." Minsoo Chuckled sitting up in his chair."So, What grade are you in?"

"Ah, I’m a junior. But is there even a Junior class here? Because all day I have been running to to every other class but Juniors." 

"Oh theres juniors alright. Just have to find them. They hang out with all sorts of classes here. Its sort of like, Everyone has their own group." 

"Groups? Like cliques?" 

"Exactly. Here, Let me give you a example. My group, I hang out with two other seniors, and 2 freshmen."

"Oh, So I take it as I have to find a group..?" Daniel sighed.

"Do I have to join one?" 

"If you don’t want to be classified as a loner." Minsoo smirked. "Then none of the girls here would ever talk to you."

Daniel rested his elbows on the desk and placed his chin in the palms of his hands."I’m not really interested in girls right now. They never notice me anyways. Plus! I need to focus on my education. Once high school ends, I plan to debut as a solo artist." He smiled just thinking about the thought of it.

"A solo artist huh? What are you, A singer?"

"Not yet.. I am training to become one. I sing at my dad’s church all the time. Everyone there insist that after high school I join a agency. I’m still deciding on which I want to go to." 

Minsoo nodded. "How interesting."

That whole class Niel and Minsoo had spoken about other things, Such as mutual interests and so on. He’d grown very close to minsoo more than he expected.

Anyways, Yesterday’s school day was surprisingly eventful for him. Who would have known you could make that much friends in just one day- Being shy that is.

"Yah. Daniel Hyung!" Someone called snapping him out of his memory.

Daniel looked around to see where the obnoxious sound was coming from till he saw Ricky running right toward him.

"Oh, Hi Ricky." He smiled slightly and waved.

"Hi," Ricky panted as he stopped standing before him while he slouched over to catch his breathe.

"You okay … there?"

Ricky looked up at him and nodded vigorously."Yes, Ofcourse I’m fine.” He waved his hand in the air then stood up properly."So glad I saw you, I’m sick of always standing alone waiting for these pabo’s." He pouted crossing his arms as he looked around.

"Who?" Daniel asked blankly following Changhyun as he looked around as well.

"Hyung’s and Changjo. They are always late!"

"Do they take a cab or-"

"No, L.Joe hyung can drive, So they usually just car pool together."

"Oh," Daniel nodded."Why don’t you go with them?"

"My mom likes to drop me and Epsilon off early. She thinks we should always be early."

"Oh, My mom’s sort of the same way."

"She drives you to school?" Ricky asked glaring over at him.

"Just for this week. But next Monday I’ll have to start walking .. and My house isn’t really near here. It would take me about 30 minutes just to get here.." Daniel whined scratching the back of his head.

"Yah!" Ricky said poking his side."You should carpool with me! My mom wont mind!"

"Ahh I don’t know.."

"Come on hyung it won’t be that bad. Think about it! Its dangerous out here in the morning! Expecially for young boys like us!"

"Whats the worst that could happen to me? Some crazy ahjumma would pick me up off the side of the road? Ahh, I’m not a ahjumma’s cup of tea. I will be okay." He smiles firmly as he nodded.

"Alright .. I tried."

Not to soon the others walked up making the commotion they always have made.

"It's about time you guys got here!" Ricky said rolling his eyes.

"Oh shut it pig. If your going to yell at someone, Yell at Byunghun." Chunji said fixing his hair in the reflection of the poll he was standing next to.

"Me? What did I do?!" L.Joe said pushing him slightly.

"Your to slow!"

"Yeah-" Changjo yawned stretching."Even my grandmother can drive faster then that.

"Well If I didn't have to go all over korea just to pick up you little brats maybe we would of been here on time!"

"What did you just call me-" Chunji hissed. 

"Here we go again." Minsoo said shaking his head as he leaned against the other pole that was next to him.

"Brats. B-R-A-T-S." L.Joe repeated.

"Yah! Do you want to die!?"

Daniel slowly stepped over to where minsoo was and tapped his shoulder." Good morning hyung." He said once he got his attention.

"Good morning."

"Do they always fight like that?" He questioned pointing over at Chunji and L.Joe who looked like they were nearly about to snap each other's necks off.

"Yep, Don't worry. It will be over in a few minutes. They've always fought like that in the morning. Matter of fact all of us have. It's sort of like a morning routine."

"Sounds exhausting..." Daniel cringed.

"Thats the only reason we grow closer."

"Oh.. Kay.."

The bell sounded off through the intercom. Soon students all around them started to scatter.

"I'll see you guys later I guess." Daniel said getting all of their attention as he waved.

"Bye Daniel Hyung!Bye guys!" Ricky waved as the rest did as well while they all parted ways.

 

 

 

Okay, I'm going to go home. Do my homework, Hop on the computer. Watch anime till midnight. then sleep. Sounds good right? Aslong as mom gives me no chores. 

Daniel thought as he sat in seventh period. The bell would ring any minute, and when it did. He'd run straight to his hyung's car. 

It's not like he was in a rush to get home, It's just the thought of being at school is a living hell. 

The bell sounded off through out the room. 

"Don't forget to turn in your paper's next class." The teacher yelled trying to get through to the student's ears before they could all leave.

Daniel got up from his desk and tossed his bag over his shoulder and followed the other student's out the doorway. Just before he could make it down the hall, There it went again. The obnoxious yelling.

"Daniel Hyung!"

He sighed stopping in his steps then looked back.

"Daniel!" Ricky yelled again as he got closer.

"What?" Daniel said turning around fully to face him.

"Come with me." Ricky said grabbing his hand and pulling him along.

"To where?"

"To the basket ball court."

"W-Waeyo-" 

"That's were everyone else is."

"Everyone else? Hey- How long will this take? Because my hyung is picking me up and I don't want him to get mad for not showing up fast enough.."

"Oh, then you might want to text him! This might take a while." Ricky smiled as the turned the corner and began to head down the stairs.

"I'm not good at basket ball- I like soccer.." Daniel said reaching down into his pocket to pull out his phone.

"We aren't going to play any sports Hyung-ah."

"Then?!"

"Just keep quiet and wait till we get there!"

And that's exactly what Daniel did. Even though the curiousty was killing him. He knew Ricky wouldn't give him the answer no matter how many excuses or questions he asked. He'd just have to wait it out.

"Oh, You caught the fish!" Chunji said clapping.

Fish?

"He tried running away, He's a quick one." Ricky said letting go of his hand.

"What's going on..?" Daniel said in a unsure voice.

"Hyung." L.Joe said looking over at C.A.P.

"Daniel," Minsoo stood up." You haven't joined a group yet right?"

"No-"

"Then you can be in our's."

"What?" Daniel blinked.

"There is only five of us, So if you join it would be even. Plus, You- Need friends."

The other guys chuckled a bit.

"Well.. Uhh.. I don't know.."

"Come on Daniel hyung!" Ricky said clinging onto him."It will be fun! We do lot's a things!"

"Yeah, Lot's of Fun things." Changjo repeated.

"And think about it, This could be a warm welcome." L.Joe smiled slightly.

"Ahh.." Daniel said scratching the back of his head."... Okay."

"Yay!" Ricky said jumping." Now we are complete!" 

"Well welcome to ... Eh, Our group." Chunji spoke up."But first things first! That first name has got to go!"

"Huh?" Daniel blinked.

"Daniel, It's got to go. Let's give you a nickname."

"Yeah, Daniel, Dannnieeeeeeellll." Changjo repeated." I get exhausted just saying it."

"Uhm.. Okay." Daniel nodded.

"From now on, We shall call you Dani!"

"Dani? Yeah! And we can spell it with a 'Y'." Ricky smiled.

"No, No! With a 'I'!" Chunji hissed.

"That's stupid!" Ricky pouted.

"Your stupid!"

"How about Niel?" L.Joe spoke up cutting them both off.

"Niel?" Both Chunji and Ricky said in unison.

"Yep." L.Joe nodded." L.Joe." He pointed to himself." Changjo." He pointed at maknae."Ricky." He pointed as Changhyun."Chunji," He nodded gesturing at Chanhee."C.A.P," He pointed over at Minsoo." And Niel." He pointed at Daniel.

"Well, What do you think kiddo?" Minsoo said looking over at the Junior.

Niel, Niel, Niel...
Daniel blinked repeatedly and nodded."It's nice,I like it." He smiled a bit.

"And then we can call him fish to!" Changjo snickered.

"Okay whats with this fish thing?!" Niel roared.

"Well, In this group, we have animal nicknames. Like Byungie is a chicken because he's short." Chunji spoke.

"I'm not short!" Byunghun hissed.

"Shutup," He said covering his mouth." We call Ricky piggy because he loves food. We call Changjo Bear because.. He .. He's strong and he likes food too. I'm a bunny. And Minsoo hyung? He's... He's a wolf.. or a lion."

"That's weird." Niel blinked.

"It's apart of our friendship okay!" Chunji yelled.

Alright, Okay I'm sorry-" He said with a poker face.

"Well I have to go home really, My mom's probably going to question my brother to death on why I didn't come home with him. So I will see you guys tomorrow."

"Okay, Bye Fishie~" Chunji waved.

"Bye," The other's said.

"Meet back here after school tomorrow okay?"

Niel nodded and smiled turning around.

Maybe, School won't be to bad this year.

He thought to himself as he walked away.