chapter 2

We Belong Together Forever

It’s been days since that little “conversation” we had and I haven’t met him again since then. This school is way too big for us to bump into each other. 

 

I made my way to my locker, where I have to pass a hallway full of lockers as usual to get to my locker which is located almost at the end of the hallway.

 

“Morning Bommie unnie, have a nice day!” a girl greeted me and I put on a wide yet fake smile on my face and greets her back.

 

“Bom, you’re very pretty today!” a boy said to me and I thank him as usual.

 

“Bom, I love you” another boy said to me, but I just smiled at him and keep walking.

 

This is my usual day at school, getting all those greetings, compliments and some random confessions. Actually, I'm very tired of it and I wish I could live my life being a normal girl not a popular girl. My face is getting tired from all those smiling I did.

 

Finally, after walking through lines of lockers which seems never ending, I reached my locker. I open it and a paper fall down from my locker. I pick it up and open the paper.

 

“FAKE !!” it says.

 

I'm not surprised of those kinds of things because it’s like my daily newspaper, it always appears everyday in my locker, one paper or more each day. I wonder if my haters don’t have any other job to do in their life besides putting letters in my locker. I checked my schedule today and surprisingly it’s not pretty boring for today.

English, literature, economics, sports and music, yep it’s not boring at all! I cheered inside my head. But something is odd… I re-read my schedule one more time

 

English, literature, economics…. Nothing is wron-

 

Sh*t!!! I mentally cursed.

 

I just realize that I have music today and that means I will be in the same class with.........

 

Jiyong!!

 

Aishhh why should he take music classes too?? And why do seniors and juniors have to be in one class for music??

 

****

 

“Good afternoon students! Welcome to music class, I have someone new to introduce to you all” said the music teacher, Chaerin, happily while motioning towards that someone to enter.

 

Chaerin is a part time music teacher here in our school. She teaches during the day for few hours and goes to school afterwards. She’s just the same age with me so I don’t need to call her miss besides she’s more like a friend to me instead of a teacher. I’m close to her because we share the same taste in music and we talk a lot about music.

 

“This is the new student I'm talking about. He just joined this school today and he will be joining our music class. Please introduce yourself” she said.

 

“Good afternoon, my name is Kwon Jiyong but you can call me Jiyong. I'm from class 11B, I hope we get along with each other!” he introduced himself while showing his usual friendly smile.

 

I can hear most of the girls besides me squealing and whispering about how cute and hot he is. 

 

Seriously, what’s wrong with people? He’s not even close to cute or hot! I said in my mind.

 

“Alright, Jiyong-ssi, you can have a sit now. Hmm… how about next to Bom? I think it’s the only seat available right now” she pointed at the chair next to me.

 

What?? Since when there’s an empty chair besides me! arghh! I mentally shouted at myself while Jiyong is making his way towards the empty chair besides me.

 

“Hey noona” he greets me and smiles.

 

I only reply him with a smile before I turned my head back facing the teacher.

 

*****

 

The rest of the class goes well with all the explanations from Chaerin, even though I couldn’t really focus on what she was saying because Jiyong’s presence besides me is quite distracting for me.

 

“It’s almost the end of the class now, I think I will stop here” said Chaerin.

 

Right after she said that, all the students sighs in relieve while closing their books and notes.

 

“But before I dismiss you guys…” Chaerin says another words again making all students turn their attention towards her including me.

 

What now Chaerin-ah… I feel something bad is going to happen.

 

“I have a project for you guys which is based on what I just taught you, composing a song. I will pair you guys as a duet and I know you all will hate me for this but I'm sorry, I will be the one who’s choosing your partners” she announced.

 

I heard everyone groans and complains when Chaerin finished her announcement. The class goes completely noisy suddenly. All the students are arguing because they can’t choose their own partners.

 

“Okay silence! I will pair you guys based on experience. So Minzy from class 10A with Dara from class 12A…” Chaerin starts to assign a partner for every student and the list goes on

 

“….and Park Bom from class 12A with Kwon Jiyong from class 11B” she announced.

 

“What?!?” I shouted suddenly making the whole class turned their attention to me including Chaerin.

 

“Is there any problem Park Bom?” she asked.

 

“Why should I be assigned with him??” I complained.

 

“I already said that I will pair you guys based on experience and you Park Bom, has been in this class since grade 7 so you have so much experience to share with Jiyong in this project. Anything else you want to complain?” she said.

 

“Ah… n- no, please continue…” I said with a low voice.

 

Why did she have to assign me with Jiyong??? I have been avoiding him and I'm not hoping to see him either but now I have a project with him! The bad thing is worse than what I thought it would be… I screamed in my head.

 

“Okay, so now you all have your partners. You all will have to compose a song with any genre for the project and you will have to perform the song you compose with your partner later. I will mark the project based on how good the song is, your teamwork, the lyrics and your performance. The deadline of the project is in 4 months, I hope you all start working on it now because if not, then you will have not enough time. Any questions before I dismiss the class?” said Chaerin.

 

No one rises up their hands which mean there are no questions to be asked.

 

“Alright then, you all can leave now” she said.

 

Everyone starts leaving the music room, as well as me. I didn’t say anything to Jiyong since the beginning of the class and neither does he.

 

When I'm about to leave the room, I feel someone grabs my wrist suddenly. I turned around and face the one and only guy I'm avoiding, Kwon Jiyong.

 

“What do you want?” I asked shortly.

 

“Um… we’re partners now, I hope we can work on the project as soon as possible” he said while rubbing the back of his neck which I find it a bit cute… wait what am I thinking!

 

“You name the place and when we shall start with the project” I replied simply.

 

“Tomorrow, at my house, I’ll give the address and the time to you later” he said.

 

“Is there any recording room where we can compose the song or what?” I replied.

 

“Yep, there is. That’s why I choose my place. So make sure you come tomorrow, see ya noona!” he waved to me while running towards his class.

 

He does look cute… Wait! Why am I thinking about him?? Aish...

 

-----

 

new chapter! i hope you guys enjoy it