chapter 5

We Belong Together Forever

Thank God it’s Friday.

 

Finally it’s the end of the week which means there will be no school tomorrow and I can stay till late watching my favorite TV shows tonight.

 

Since it’s Friday, most of the teachers will be giving more free periods as they know that even they teaches, nobody will have the mood to listen.

 

It’s now the second break and since I have eaten on the first break, I decided to spend my time in the library. If you wonder why I like the library so much, the answer is because it’s quite there and nobody will bother me unlike when I’m in the cafeteria or other places in the school where mostly people will approach me, greet me or whisper about me.

 

I plug in my headset into my ears, search for a good song, and took out my novel and starts reading it. After a few minutes, I’m finally lost in the world of fantasy of the book. I started imagining that I was in the story and I’m so immersed into the story. Apparently, a loud voice of people squealing decided to disturb me and I went back to reality. I looked up from my book and look around to find where the noises came from and through the big and wide window of the library, I spotted where it came from. There are groups of girls surrounding a guy and they’re squealing. I looked carefully at the guy and he turns out to be Kwon Jiyong.

 

Seriously?? They’re fangirling over Jiyong? Ugh. I said in my mind and rolled my eyes.

 

I decided to just go back to my class since those girls seemed like they’re not gonna go away. I close my book, pack my things and walk back to my class.

 

----

 

“See ya Bom!” my classmates waves at me.

 

I’m now standing at the school lobby, waiting for my driver to pick me up. School has ended 15 minutes ago and the last period was a free period since my teacher didn’t come.

 

After waiting for a few minutes, my driver finally picked me up and drives me home.

 

I reached home and as usual, I took a quick shower and changed into comfy clothes. All I had in my mind was that I wanted to chill and watch my favorite TV shows but then I remembered that I have to go to Jiyong’s house.

 

Ughh… why does he have to ruin my Friday… I groaned and lazily change my clothes again into a t-shirt and shorts. After changing, I head out from my house and walk to his house.

 

 

----

 

“Noona, should we do a slow song or a little bit fast one?” Jiyong asked.

 

“Hmm… I prefer slow song more” I said.

 

We’re currently working inside his studio. He has been working on the melody for an hour or more but still couldn’t find any idea. While I’ve been working on the lyrics since Jiyong put me in charge of the lyrics. As for me, I have many ideas for the lyrics but none of them is perfect enough so I only got few lines for the lyrics.

 

“Any idea now Ji?” I asked.

 

“Umm… nope…” he said slowly.

 

*Sighs*

 

“I think we should stop here for today. Since we’re not getting any progress” I suggested.

 

“Yeah… okay noona. How about we take a walk at the park for some refreshing?” he said.

 

“Sounds nice” I replied.

 

“Alright then, let’s go!” he cheered.

 

 

----

 

The park is just 5 minutes away from Jiyong’s house since it’s still inside our neighborhood. I’ve only been to this park twice when I was younger. It’s a large and beautiful park, there are so many trees there which make it cool around the park, there are blooming flowers also all around the park and all of them are very colorful, almost like a rainbow. There’s a playground for children, a picnic ground, jogging track and a soccer field since it’s a very large park.

 

Luckily, there aren’t too many people in the park. We take a stroll at the jogging track, walking side by side in silence enjoying the soft breeze of the wind. There are a few people jogged pass us and some of them jogged with their dogs. I keep staring at every dog that walked pass me. They’re all so tiny and cute...

 

“So, you like dogs, noona?” Jiyong said suddenly, breaking the silence.

 

“Huh?” I turned my head facing him.

 

“I saw you smiling at every dog that passed you. So, I assume that you like dogs?” he said.

 

“I did smile?” I said in disbelief.

 

“Yeah you do noona” he chuckled at my reaction.

 

“Well… um… yeah I do like dogs” I said shyly.

 

“May I know anything else that you like?” he asked.

 

“What do you mean?” I said.

 

“You know, things that you like, your hobby, and your favorite things” he said.

 

“Oh, um… well, my hobby is reading, eating and sleeping. That’s what I do the best and my favorite things are… my phone, my novels and my froggy dolls since they’re my husbands” I said.

 

“Huh? Froggy dolls are your husbands?” he laughed.

 

“Yah! What’s so funny? It’s true though” I said.

 

“How come you pick frogs as your husband?” he said, still laughing.

 

“I don’t know, I just believe that when I kiss them, they will turn into handsome prince!” I said.

 

“I don’t think that they want to be kissed by you either noona” he teased me.

 

“Yah! Don’t make fun of me! I’m sure they want to be kissed by a pretty princess like me” I yelled and pouted.

 

“Alright alright princess, you and your frog husband fantasy, I just can’t believe someone older than me can act like this. Are you sure you’re older than me noona?” he said.

 

“Hull, of course I am Ji” I said and he just chuckled at my reaction.

 

 

We continue walking in silence along the jogging track until an ice cream cart stopped by the park and I can see that many children started pulling their mother’s hand, asking their mother to buy them ice cream.

 

“Oh, an ice cream cart, let’s buy some noona!” he said suddenly and pulled my hand.

 

“Eh? What are you doing Ji?” I asked, a bit shocked from his sudden action.

 

“Come on noona! Let’s go there before the ice cream ran out of stock!” he yelled. He looked exactly the same right now with those children who are pulling their mother to buy the ice cream…

 

Aish this guy… I sighed and follow him from behind.

 

“Ahjumma, one chocolate ice cream please and…?” Jiyong said to her then turning his head facing me.

 

“One corn ice cream please” I said and she started scooping the ice cream.

 

“Here’s your ice cream. Hope you two enjoy it” she said with a smile.

 

“Thank you ahjumma!” Jiyong said and pay for the ice cream.

 

 

We decided to sit on the park’s bench and enjoy our ice cream. I enjoyed my corn ice cream and it tastes like heaven for me. Not just because I love corn but it’s also because that ahjumma’s ice cream taste so delicious. I was so focused on eating my ice cream that I didn’t realize Jiyong was staring at me…

 

“You must really love ice cream, don’t you noona?” he asked.

 

“Huh? Why?” I said while eating my ice cream.

 

“Because you’re so into eating that ice cream, you even forgot the world around you noona” he chuckled.

 

“It’s not the ice cream, it’s because the flavor is corn” I said, still focused on eating.

 

“You like corn that much?” he asked, taking a on his own ice cream.

 

“Mmmhmm” I nodded and continue eating the ice cream.

 

We sat in silence again. But I don’t really mind the silence, since I have my corn ice cream to focus on. Seriously, this ice cream tastes like heaven!

 

“I used to visit this park very often you know noona” he said breaking the silence.

 

“I used to play soccer with my friends there when I was younger” he said, pointing towards the soccer field.

 

“I’ve been here only twice” I said.

 

“What?? Seriously noona??” he said, looking at me with widened eyes.

 

“Yeah, it’s true. I only went here twice when I was younger” I said.

 

“How come you only went here twice? It’s inside our neighborhood” he said, still in disbelief.

 

“Well, the first time I went here I created a happy memories while the second one… sad memories” I can feel that my face turned sad just now but I still maintain a poker face.

 

“Sad? Why is it sad?” he asked curiously.

 

“That’s when I broke up with my boyfriend” I said simply.

 

“Is it… a bad break up…?” he asked carefully.

 

“I don’t think I can tell you yet Jiyong. It’s my privacy, sorry” I said.

 

“Ah… it’s okay noona I understand” he said.

 

“It’s getting darker now, I think I should go home Ji, you too” I said while finishing of the last bite of my ice cream cone.

 

“Wait noona” he said.

 

I turned my head towards him and he suddenly wipes off the left over from my ice cream at the corner of my mouth, leaving me shocked by his sudden action.

 

“There you go. You’re older than me noona, but you still eats like a little kid” he chuckled and ruffled my hair.

 

“Come on, I’ll walk you home” he said. Without having the chance to say anything, he pulled my hand and started walking.

 

Aish this guy. Why did he have to do that? I’m older than him but he treats me like a little kid hull! I said in my mind while my heart pounds like crazy…

 

-----

 

sorry for the late update ><

dont forget to comment and subscribe!