chapter 3

We Belong Together Forever

“Morning noona”

I lift my head up from my book and face Jiyong who’s smiling widely showing his set of teeth. I was sitting alone peacefully, reading my favorite novel in the library until he decided to show up and disturb me. Seriously, what does he want from me this early morning?

“May I?” he said while pointing the empty seat in front of me.

I nodded and he sits on the chair. I went back to reading my novel, trying to ignore his presence but I can’t seem to focus on what I’m reading because he keeps staring at me.

“What are you reading noona?” he asked.

“A novel” I said shortly without looking at him.

“A novel about what?” he asked again.

*sighs*

“What do you want Jiyong-ssi?” I said, finally looking at him.

“Well… actually I’m here to give you my address, but then I found it interesting looking at you” he smiled at me.

“Where is the address?” I said while closing my book and pack my things.

“Here noona… where are you going?” he said while handing me a small piece of paper which is where he wrote the address.

“I’m leaving first. I’ll see you at your house later, is 4 pm fine for you?” I asked and he nodded.

“Okay. See ya” I said and walk out of the library.

As soon as I’m out of the library, I can hear the bell ringing signaling that classes will start soon so I walk quickly back to my class.

 

----

Finally school ended. For the past 45 minutes was biology class, one of the subject that is taught by a quite old and boring teacher. She basically just read everything from the text book and her explanation wasn’t clear enough. I swear I would die because of boredom just now if the bell didn’t ring.

I went back home straight after school and I have been thinking of watching my favorite TV show for the rest of the day when suddenly a text popped out on my phone screen.

‘Hi noona, its me Jiyong, in case you forgot, I just wanted to remind you that you still have to come to my house at 4’

I read the text and groans. I have completely forgotten that I need to go to his house.

Damn it… why does he have to remind me?? I could’ve just watched my favorite show peacefully, ugh. Where did he get my phone number anyway? I said in my mind.

As if he can read my mind right now, another text popped out…

‘If you’re wondering where I got your number from, it’s from one of your classmate. Don’t plan to run away. I’ll be waiting noona’

I lazily got up from my bed and searched my bag for the small piece of paper that he gave me. I looked at his address and surprisingly he lives in the same neighborhood with me. His house is just one block away, so I just need to walk there.

I quickly change to a simple outfit and head out.

 

----

After 5 minutes of walking, I finally reached his house. Here I am standing at the front gate of his surprisingly big house, trying to ring the bell.

1st ring... I waited patiently for him to come out.

 

2nd ring…

 

3rd ring…

 

4th ring… I started to get impatient

 

10 minutes have passed and there is still no sign of Jiyong. I started to worry if I got the wrong house but then he suddenly popped out from his front door.

“Finally, what took you so long to open this door? I thought I got the wrong house you know” I said a bit irritated.

“Mianhe noona, I was showering, that’s why I didn’t hear the bell” he apologizes and open the gate to let me enter.

“Why didn’t you tell me that we live in the same neighborhood?” I asked.

“Well I guess I wanted you to find out by yourself?” he chuckled.

 

---

“Wow, your house is pretty good” I was a bit amazed to see his house when I entered.

I didn’t know he’s from a rich family… well he doesn’t look like one when I first met him… I said in my mind.

 

It’s a quite big house and it has a minimalist style. If you see the house from outside, it doesn’t really show sense of royalty but when you enter the house, it’s like you’ve entered a whole new world. There’s a big chandelier hanging on the ceiling near the front door, the front door itself was pretty big. There are also big glass pots being put at every corner of the room. I guess her mother likes to collect antique stuffs.

 

He leads me to his living room which is quite big too.

 

“Wait here okay? I’ll go find us some snacks and drinks then we’ll head to my studio” he said.

 

I nodded my head and he left.

 

I examine his living room. At the corner of the living room there is a glass pot again but this one isn’t a tall one like the one I saw near the front door, this one is shorter, it has unique pattern around it and some fake flowers inside it. Even though it’s fake but it’s still so colorful and refreshing to look at. I turned my body and there is a shelf behind me. Above it, there’re many frames which displays old pictures of Jiyong and his family. There are about 5 frames with unique shapes and I look at them one by one.

 

The first frame is the picture of a cute baby boy whom I assume is Jiyong, in the picture he’s playing with his toys and he smiled towards the camera to show his happiness. I found it cute to look at the young Jiyong. The second one is a picture of a 5 or 6 years old girl, the third one is the picture of a teenage Jiyong with an older girl, the fourth frame is the picture of Jiyong and a man whom I assume is his dad since their faces are similar. The fifth frame is unique, it’s a shape of a tree and at the end of every branch there’s a picture. From the top branch is Jiyong’s parent, second branch is the girl I saw in the picture earlier and last branch is Jiyong.

 

This must be their family tree… I thought.

 

There’s a huge picture of Jiyong and his family in the living room. In the picture there’s Jiyong, his parents and the girl that I saw before again but this time she’s much older.

 

Who’s that girl? I said inside my head.

 

“That’s my older sister, Kwon Dami” Jiyong appeared suddenly behind me, shocking me.

 

“Oh my God Kwon Jiyong! Are you trying to kill me or something??” I jumped back and scream at him.

 

Seeing my expression just now, he just chuckled at me.

 

What’s so funny?? Didn’t he know that I almost got a heart attack because of him just now?? I screamed in my head.

 

“Come on, let’s go to the studio” he smiles and walk first while I follow behind him.

 

We passed a hall to go to his so-called studio room and we passed about 3 to 4 rooms on the way. I saw one of them has his name on the door so it must be his bedroom.

 

“Welcome to my studio!!” he open the door to his studio and it reveal a quite comfy studio.

 

I was a bit impressed that he actually has a real studio in his house. He must be serious about music.

 

“So, shall we start noona? Actually, yesterday I have been thinking about the song we will compose and I would like you to take a look at what I’ve plan so far” he smiled at me and handed me a notebook.

 

I took the notebook and look what’s inside it. Its a few lyrics that he has been working on and I think it’s not bad for a start.

 

“What do you think noona?” he asked.

 

“Hmm… not bad, let’s get started then” I said while flipping the notebook.

 

****

 

“Noona…” he said.

 

I looked at his face blankly waiting for his words.

 

We’re now sitting down in the backyard of Jiyong’s house. Actually we came here just a few minutes ago to relax after we’re done in the studio, so far the progress of day 1 went pretty well.

 

“Thank you for coming here today, I look forward to work with you again” he smiled cheekily.

 

“Oh… yeah, you’re welcome Jiyong-ssi”

 

“What’s with the formalities? Just call me Jiyong or Ji okay” he chuckled.

 

“Um… okay Ji…” I said.

 

Then there was an awkward silence between us since I didn’t know what to say. I stare at his backyard, his backyard sure is a beautiful garden with all those colorful flowers and it is quite big. There’re two swings tied up on the big tree branch which took my interest.

 

“Wanna go there?” he point at the swings that just took my interest a few seconds ago.

 

“Are you a mind reader or what Ji?” I said.

 

He just chuckled and walk towards the swing.

 

We both sit on the swings now and I'm swinging it back and forth a little bit. I look around the garden and this garden reminds me of spring season, it’s just like the one in my house except this garden is more colorful. Beautiful flowers blooming everywhere and there is a place to chill under a big tree. Jiyong also told me that this garden was his mother’s idea. He said that she loves gardening so much and she grew all these colorful flowers by herself. He also said that he’s now in charge of taking care of these flowers since his mother is on vacation with her friends.

 

We were both talking about so many things that I didn’t even realize that it’s getting dark now.

 

“Ji, I think I’ll called it a day now. It’s getting darker and I should go home” I said.

 

I walk back to the studio to collect my things and my bag.

 

“I’ll walk you home noona” he offered when we reached the front door.

 

“Ah no need Ji, my dad is picking me up since he’s on his way back too. Thank you for today, goodnight” I smiled at him.

 

“Alright noona, be careful” he said.

 

I waved at him and walk towards my car that had just arrived.

 

----

 

note: i would like to thank all of you who subscribed this fanfic yay! ^^. for those who haven't subscribe, go and subscribe it hehehe :P. i hope you all like the story! don't forget to leave a comment :)