chapter 7

We Belong Together Forever

“STAY AWAY FROM JIYONG OPPA YOU !!” a paper flew out of my locker.

 

*Sighs*

 

I haven’t mentioned it, haven’t I? Well, I have been put through a hard time this past one week. Why? It’s because one of the students in our school manage to get information that I’ve been going to Jiyong’s house everyday and decided to start spreading rumors about us all over the school, causing everybody to talk about this behind us. Because of the rumors, I’ve been getting more and more hate letters inside my locker each day. Mostly, the girls hates me, called me a and the guys hates Jiyong for ‘trying to get close to me’ that’s what they said. At first, I tried to ignore them but things are getting worse each day. They started with spreading the rumors like me and Jiyong are dating or I tried to seduce Jiyong and all those stuffs but now, they started sending me more hate letters and even called me with names when I passed by in the school, I’m starting to lose patience…

 

----

 

“Hey Bom”

 

I looked up from my book and Dara, my classmate, is standing in front of me.

 

“Hey Dara” I replied, flashing a small smile.

 

“How are you? I’ve heard so many rumors about you going on around this school. Are you okay?” she said with a concern face.

 

Dara is my only closest friend in class, probably in my life too. I knew her since kindergarten and she’s the only person I knew that did not betray me. She’s always so concern if something happens to me.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine Dara. Thanks for asking” I smiled at her.

 

“You know you can always tell me if something goes wrong…” she said, taking a seat in front of me.

 

“I know Dara, but I have nothing to tell you right now” I said.

 

“I know you just don’t want to talk about it so okay then Bom. But please stay strong...” she said.

 

She knows me too much, in fact she can even tell if I’m lying or not.

 

“So, is it true? That you often go to Jiyong’s house?” she said with a playful smirk.

 

“Yeah, but it’s just for the project” I said.

 

“Are you sure?? I don’t think it’s just the project. Come on tell me about it” she leans her body closer towards me, still with a playful smirk on her face.

 

“Yah! I’m telling the truth Dara, it’s true we’re just friends” I said and pouts.

 

 

*Riiinggggggg*

 

“I’ll go first Dara, see ya” I waved at her and walked out from the class.

 

Thank God the bell rang and saved me from Dara’s further interrogations. It's lunch break now and I can feel my stomach growled. I decided to go to the cafeteria and grab a corn soup to eat. On the way there, I can feel a lot of death glares from the girls and I assume they are my haters but I ignored them and keep walking towards the cafeteria.

 

----

 

The cafeteria is very crowded since its lunch break. The moment I entered, I can hear all the loud noises from the students. They’re all chatting with their own groups and some of them are buying foods. Most of the tables are occupied by the students. I had a hard time looking for one empty table to sit. Giving up, I decided to just buy the soup and eat somewhere else since it’s too crowded and noisy in here.

 

I made my way towards the corn soup stall which is through the crowds and I can hear whispers from those who saw me passed by.

 

“Look at her, what a trying to seduce Jiyong oppa”

“Ew, how dare she come close to our oppa?!”

“Who does she think she is??”

“Bommie is a ”

“Stay away from Jiyong oppa!!”

 

I ignored them and keep walking but suddenly I felt a splash of cold liquid from my back. I turned around and I got another splash right on my face.

 

“What the hell??” I shouted while wiping off the liquid, which turns out to be coke, from covering my eyes.

 

Everyone turned their attention towards me now. I can even hear some of them chuckling.

 

“That’s for seducing our oppa you !” the girl that splashed me before yelled.

 

“I did not seduce him! What’s wrong with you?!” I yelled back.

 

“Shut up ! Splash her guys!” the girl besides me shouted and splashed me again with the coke.

 

Soon, all of her friends joined and everyone is splashing me with coke now. I held up my hand on my head to cover myself but the splashing never stops. I can hear all of them yelling and laughing at me. The girls who splashed me before are now laughing and calling me names.

 

“HEY!! STOP IT YOU ALL!”

 

Suddenly I heard a male voice shouting from afar and then I saw him pried through the crowd, ran towards me and cover me with his body. My vision is blurry because of the coke that covers my eyes so I couldn’t see clearly who he is. Right after he covers me, the splashing stops and everyone is quite now. No more shouting or laughing…

 

“O- oppa… I- I didn’t mean to splash you…” I heard one of the girl stuttered.

 

“Stay away from her! You! You tell your friends to stay as far as possible from her! If I see you bully her again, you’re gonna have to deal with me, got it?!” the male voice yelled.

 

I tried to wipe away the coke that covers my eyes so I can see clearly but suddenly someone helped me to stand up and pulled me away from the crowd to somewhere else.

 

----

 

I ended up being in the janitor's room. Finally my vision is not blurry anymore and I looked down at my clothes. I’m all drenched with coke and my uniform turned into brown color because of the coke...

 

“Damn what should I do now…” I mumbled to myself.

 

“Are you okay noona?” a voice suddenly spoke.

 

The voice sounds familiar… I thought.

 

I looked up and I was surprised to see that Jiyong is standing in front of me. It has been him who helped me from the crowd just now…

 

“Wait here noona, I’ll get you a new clothes and water to clean you up” he said.

 

Before I get to say something, he rushed out of the janitor's room. After a few minutes, he came back with a bucket of water, towels and a new uniform for me. I wondered where he got the uniform from…

 

“Sorry to keep you waiting noona. Come, I’ll help you clean up and here, a new uniform for you. I asked Dara for an extra uniform and fortunately she has one” he said.

 

I accepted the uniform and let him help me clean up. He dipped the towel into the water and wiped my hands, legs and face with it. Then he washed my hair with the water and dried it up with the new towel.

 

“Done! I’ll go out noona, you can change into your new uniform” he said.

 

“Thank you Ji… Oh!” I’m surprised to see his condition now.

 

How come I didn’t realize it before? He’s drenched with coke too… he must have been splashed too when he tried to cover me…

 

“You’re drenched too Ji, let me clean you up in return” I said.

 

“No, I’m okay noona. Just take care of yourself first” he said and smiled at me.

 

“Nope, I’ll clean you up and I don’t accept no as an answer” I said.

 

I take the towel and started cleaning him up and after a few minutes, I’m done cleaning him up.

 

“Thank you noona” he said.

 

“Yeah Ji. I’m sorry that you got splashed too because of me…” I said while looking down.

 

“Hey, don’t be sad noona. I won’t let them bully you like that” he said while lifting my chin up to face him.

 

“Alright, you go and change here noona. I’ll go out and get change too, wait for me here when you’re done” he smiled and walk out of the janitor's room.

 

I get changed into Dara’s uniform and it fits me perfectly because I know we shared the same size. I made a mental note to return her uniform soon.

 

----

 

“Noona, let’s go somewhere else” Jiyong suggested.

 

We’re both done changing now and we’re sitting at the school park.

 

“What? Are you crazy? I still have class after this” I said.

 

“Skipping class once won’t hurt you right?” he said.

 

“I never skipped a class before…” I said with a low tone.

 

“Really?? Then come on! Live your life noona, don’t get stuck with studies all the time. Let’s go somewhere else, I know a perfect place for you to release your stress” he said excitedly.

 

Without getting a chance to say something, Jiyong pulled my hand and we both sneaked out from the school through the school’s back gate. Apparently the security who’s supposed to guard the gate is asleep so we can sneak out easily without getting caught.

 

“Our security guard is so lame, look how easy we could sneak out” Jiyong said and laughed.

 

“I didn’t expect him to be asleep though and he even snores that loud” I said while laughing too.

 

We both took the bus to wherever Jiyong is taking me to. During the bus ride, we both joked around and talked about many things until we reached our destination. Turns out, Jiyong brought me to the Han River. There’s almost nobody around since its weekdays, I can even count with my fingers how many people are there.

 

“Come noona, let’s sit here” said Jiyong.

 

We sit on the grass right beside the river. From where we sit, I can see the bridge that is used by people to cross the river. There are 2 couples there, busy taking pictures of them together.

 

“So, you can let out the things that have been burdening you noona” Jiyong said.

 

“Um… I don’t think I can” I said.

 

“Come on, just try” he said and smiled.

 

“Well… I’m really upset these past few days. As you know, the rumors about us are the reason why I’m upset. They’re all so mean, why do they have to act like they know everything and talk about us like that?! They don’t even know a thing about us! At first, I tried to ignore them but then they just keep pissing me off and I’m already on the urge to lose my patience… I want to keep ignoring them but it’s just so hard aarghhh!!” I groaned, pulled my hair and buried my head into my legs while hugging them.

 

“Stop thinking about them noona, it’s just a waste of time. They won’t dare come near you anymore noona. Anyone who dares to lay a finger on you will have to deal with me” he said while rubbing my back, comforting me.

 

His words surprised me… no one has ever said things like that to me before… nobody has ever cared about me that much to protect me…

 

“Thank you Ji…” I said.

 

“Scream noona. Let everything that has been burdening you out. Here, let me show you how” he stands up, stretched his arms widely and screamed very loudly

 

“I HATE ALL THE PEOPLE WHO BULLIED NOONA!!!”

 

I was shocked by his sudden crazy idea for screaming like that in public.

 

“Come noona! You try it now” he said, offering me his hand.

 

I took his hand and he helped me stand up. I stretched my arms like how he did and screamed on top of my lungs

 

“I HATE ALL OF MY HATERS THAT BULLIED ME!! I HATE YOU ALL!!!”

 

“It felt good after you screamed right noona?” he said and chuckled.

 

“Yeah it felt damn good” I said and smiled widely.

 

We continue yelling our hearts out until we finally give up because our throats are hurting from screaming too much. Fortunately, there are no people around anymore or else they will think of us as crazy students who randomly screamed at the river.I have to admit that I feel much better now than before. Thanks to Jiyong for helping me letting out my burden.

 

“Do you feel better now noona?” he asked.

 

“Yeah of course! Thanks Ji” I said.

 

“Let’s go then, I’ll walk you home” he smiled, pulled my hand and starts walking.

 

-----

 

How's the story so far guys? >.<