chapter 18

We Belong Together Forever

“Bom can you help me put up these decorations?”

“Bom, can you stick these decorations to the stage after that?”

“Oh and, please tie those ribbons to the edge of the stage”

“Bom, please paint these”

“Bom, have you checked whether the sound system is working properly or not?”

“Bom where’s the glue?”

 

“Bom”

 

“Bom”

 

“Bom”

 

*sigh…*

 

Today has been the busiest day in my life. It is exactly one day before the big show and everyone is busy preparing and decorating the stage as well as the school theatre hall. The music students are all supposed to help with the decorating since it is our show but only few of them have showed up. I didn’t want to show up too, but I ran into Chaerin this morning and she asked me to help them out. So here I am, helping them decorating.

 

Well, no.

 

I’m not exactly “helping” them decorating, this is more like they have been using me to do all their works. You’re probably wondering why I wanted to be enslaved by those devils, well it begins like this.

 

I came to the theatre hall after Chaerin told me to but I’m surprised that most of the students that came to help are girls. Remember those es that splashed me with numerous cokes? Yep, they’re here. Actually, it’s just one girl from that group that attends the music class but she must have called her minions to help her out.

 

They barely can do their job properly. All decorations are sprawled messily everywhere on the stage’s floor and they are doing their job with disgusted face, which I tried my best not to slap. It is a simple job, just painting and putting on decorations. Even though it is tiring, it is still bearable. Yet they are exaggerating, acting as if they are princesses.

 

The moment they saw me, I can literally see that they are grinning wickedly at each other.

 

Looks like someone is planning something evil… sigh…

 

I continue to walk towards the stage, trying my best to ignore them.

 

“Well, well look who’s here. Isn’t that the goddess of our school, Park Bom?”

 

Looks like today is not my lucky day

 

I ignore whoever it is that spoke to me and choose to just proceed to do my work. The faster I finish my job, the faster I can get out from this hell hole.

 

“Are you too popular now to acknowledge me?”

 

Still, I choose to ignore her.

 

“Hey I’m talking here!”

 

I sigh and turn around to face that person, which turns out to be the so-called “leader” of the group. The one who started the coke splashing event. I don’t even know who they are or their names, except the fact that they bullied me before and yet they act like they knew me and my life.

 

“What?” I replied coldly.

 

“Now you’re getting cocky huh? You should’ve answer when someone’s talking to you”

 

“Why should I have an unimportant conversation with you?” I replied.

 

“Jeez, do you have lack of respect for other people who is talking? Your mom didn’t teach you well huh?”

 

“Oh, believe me, she taught me well. But why would I respect people like you? It waste my time just to look at you”

 

I immediately turn around and continue my work.

 

“Hey! What the hell did you just say to me ?!” she yelled, almost at the top of her very-annoyingly-high-pitched voice.

 

“What’s going on here?”

 

Suddenly another voice joins us. I knew exactly whose voice that is and I know this will be bad for me.

 

“Look at her Ms. Chaerin, we asked for her help but she is just ignoring us. How rude. Isn’t we’re all here to help each other?”

 

I swear I want to slap this right away. How can she pretend to be the innocent victim when I’m the actual victim right here.

 

“Is that true Park Bom?” Chaerin asked.

 

“No, she’s not asking fo-“

 

“Shush! We don’t have time for excuses or some girl fight right now. Tomorrow is the big day and we need to get this done. Bom, go help them and stop complaining. I’ll be watching right here” Chaerin cuts me off and pick a seat on the audience’s seats.

 

Dammit!

 

So here I am, unable to protest or do anything but be their slaves just to look like I’m helping them, in front of Chaerin. She’s my friend and we’re on the same age, but when it comes to being my teacher, she’s very strict and doesn’t even look at me as her friend.

 

I can literally see the evil smirk on those girls’ faces when Chaerin said that. Under Chaerin’s watch, I can only surrender and try to “help”.

 

*****

 

“Alright, you guys have been well behaved for an hour. I have a class to teach so I’m leaving now. Stay behaved okay. If I heard any complaints or fight going on here, you’re all in big trouble”

 

Chaerin stands up and walk out from the theatre hall. Finally, this torture will end. Even though I know they will attack me again once Chaerin is out of sight.

 

“How does it feel to be our slave, princess?” the girl from before said with a smirk.

 

“I don’t think she’s a princess, she’s more suitable to be a maid. Do you want to be my maid Bommie?” another one of them said which cause the rest of them to laugh.

 

I ignore them and just continue my painting job.

 

“You’re going to ignore me again huh?”

 

“Why are you so eager to talk to me? Do you want my attention that bad?” I asked. Which left her a little speechless, but she managed to find whatever words she could find to answer me back.

 

“Bom, can you help me bring these microphones and this speaker to the staff room? They are not working and please ask for a change” one of the student who came helping asked me.

 

“Uh… yea sure”

 

She smiled at me and went back to do her job. I looked at the speaker which is quite big for me to carry.

 

I stared at it for a moment, trying to find a way that I can carry that.

 

“I see you have a problem there princess. But don’t worry, you have such big hands so you will be able to carry those” another girl from that devil group speaks.

 

“Just shut your mouth before I throw this to your face. I bet you wouldn’t want to walk around the school with a ruined face right?”

 

I’ve had enough of their s. And thank God my words made them speechless as they all kept quiet and went back to work.

 

I put the box of microphones on top of the speaker and proceed to try lifting the speaker up.

 

Ughh… this is heavy…

 

I can only manage to lift it up a few centimeters from the stage floor…

 

Suddenly I feel someone besides me help me to lift the speaker up. I’m so thankful to whoever that is for being my hero on this gloomy day I’ve been going through.

 

I turned to face the stranger who helped me. But surprisingly, I came face to face with Jiyong.

 

“J-Ji? What are you doing here?”

 

“I came here to help you out noona. Besides, I’m part of the music students too, am I?” he smiled widely.

 

“Don’t you have class? And you don’t have to do that, it’s my job” I tried to take the speaker from his hand.

 

“Nope, I’m free now. And no, I’m going to help you. Besides, you look like you’re having a hard time lifting this speaker” he chuckles.

 

“Ah… thank you…” I said, embarrassed that he saw me struggling to lift the speaker.

 

I turned around, wanted to walk out of the theatre hall but I was greeted by the shocked face of those girls. Probably shocked that Jiyong came to help me.

 

Seems like they are unable to accept the reality, they all come rushing to Jiyong, pleading for him to help them like little puppies. Except that puppies are cute while they're not.

 

“Oppa… please help me. I’m so tired, my hands are sore” one of them whined.

 

“Oppa, let’s paint this together” the other one said.

 

“Oppa, help me put up these decorations pleaseee” another one whined while pulling Jiyong’s hand lightly.

 

I can only watch them with a gross face seeing how they can instantly turn all innocent when Jiyong came. Even when Chaerin was here before.

 

“Come on Bom, let’s go” Jiyong said. He doesn’t even respond to those girls.

 

“Huh? Oh… okay”

 

We both walked away and when I passed those girls, I give them a “look-who-is-smirking-now-” smile to them. I quickly catch up to Jiyong’s side after that, leaving them pissed and stomping their feet on the ground angrily.

 

 

*****

 

“Sorry”

 

“For what?” I asked, confused.

 

We walked down the school hallway side by side. Thank God there are no people around since some of them are in class or probably have gone home already. Jiyong is still carrying the heavy speaker while I help him to reduce the weight a little by carrying the microphones that were placed on top of the speaker before. Although it seems like it doesn’t really make a big difference.

 

“For coming late. You get bullied by those girls again right? I’m sorry” he said with a sad tone.

 

“Nah, its okay. You got me out of there just now is more than enough to save me. Besides, I can handle it by myself” I chuckled.

 

“Really? The last time I remember you got fully drenched in cokes” he chuckled.

 

“Oh, come on. I didn’t expect them to do such things”

 

“Then what did they do to you before I came noona?”

 

“Oh, believe me, those girls are devils” I rolled my eyes, “they use their innocent act in front of Chae just to get her to believe that I’m not helping them” I pouts.

 

“Stop pouting noona… oriwillkissyou” he said the last part very fast, I almost couldn’t catch what he said.

 

“W-what did you say again…?”

 

“Nothing” he flashes me his boyish smile, “come on noona. Let’s finish this job quick so we can go home” he starts walking ahead of me.

 

I stare blankly at his back for a moment, trying to figure out what he said, before catching up to him again.

 

*****

 

“Good job guys. Thank you for helping today, see you all tomorrow. All of you, do your best tomorrow arraso? And for the committees, please come early here to prepare. The rest of you, get some good rest tonight. Everyone, fighting!” Chaerin said.

 

“Ne!!” we all shouted together and then Chaerin dismiss us.

 

Finally…

 

I sighed in relief that this hectic day is over. Everyone started packing their things and get ready to leave. I stretched my body to loosen my muscles up a bit before walking to one of the audience’s seat to get my bag. I sling my backpack to my shoulder and I’m ready to leave the theatre hall.

 

“Bom, wait!”

 

I turned around to see Jiyong waving at me from the other end of the stage. I smiled at him while he quickly picks up his bag and walk towards me.

 

I saw him walking towards me when suddenly a bunch of girls came out of nowhere and block his way. Turns out, it’s those annoying girls again. I don’t get why they keep on trying to get Jiyong’s attention when clearly he ignores them already.

 

I rolled my eyes and fold my arms in front of my chest. I’ve lost count of how many times I sighed and rolled my eyes from the moment I saw those girls.

 

“Oppa, where are you going after this? Would you like to join us? We’re going to eat” one of them said.

 

“Oppa, let’s go with us. Don’t go with that ugly creature” another one of them said while looking at me with a disgusted look.

 

I look at them in disbelief

 

How can they call me ugly creature when they’re the real ugly creatures?! Unbelievable.

 

“Oppaaa come on” they started to pull Jiyong’s hand and whined like little kids.

 

“Yah! What’s wrong with you guys?! Didn’t I warn you all before about bullying Bom??” with a little force, he managed to release his hands from their grip.

 

All of them immediately keep quiet after Jiyong snapped at them.

 

“And what did you call her? Ugly creature?? She’s the most beautiful woman I’ve ever met. Even way more beautiful than all of you. You all should be ashamed of yourselves”

 

All of them looked down after that, unable to face Jiyong. I have to admit that seeing him snapped like that does look quite scary.

 

He then walked towards me, smiling like he didn’t snap at them before.

 

“Hey, are you going home noona?”

 

I could only manage to nod my head since I’m still confused with his sudden change of mood. He snapped at those girls just now but now he acts like nothing happened…

 

“Let’s go then! Can we stop somewhere first? I spot a new shop selling corn related food. I know you like corn so let’s stop by there”

 

He grabbed my hands and pull me to walk out of the theatre hall while keep on mentioning about the corn shop he found out. I followed him even though I haven’t said yes or no to him.

 

*****

 

“How is it noona?”

 

“Mmmm… its nice”

 

I’m too immersed into my sweet corn that I don’t pay too much attention to the outer world anymore. This shop does sell good corns. And what’s better is, they sell their corns in almost every style possible. Sweet corn, baked corn, barbeque corn, corn milk, corn cake, corn bread and many more. I really can’t choose which one to buy so I end up buying a cup of sweet corn, a corn bread and a cup of corn milk. While Jiyong… well he just ordered a cup of corn milk.

 

It’s too much, I know. But I just can’t resist anything that relates to corn.

 

“Aish noona how old are you” Jiyong chuckled.

 

“My age doesn’t matter as long as I have my corn” I said happily.

 

“Are you prepared for tomorrow noona?” he asked.

 

“Absolutely. I practiced day and night for tomorrow”

 

“Good, that’s the spirit!” he chuckled.

 

Not long after that, I managed to finish all my corns. We head back home right after that since it’s getting late and we need to have plenty of rest for tomorrow.

 

Jiyong decided to bring his car today since he said that his driver does not come to work. It is my first time riding his car although I saw it every time I went to his house. And it is also the first time I get to see Jiyong driving. He’s quite good in it though.

 

 

Both of us didn’t talk much inside the car. We keep quiet throughout the ride until Jiyong finally decided to turn on the radio.

 

“Oh! This is my favorite song” he said.

 

He started singing the song perfectly and I have to admit, his voice is really good and unique.

 

“I didn’t know you sing well too. Why don’t you sing more rather than rapping?”

 

“I don’t know why… I guess I’m more interested in rapping?” he shrugged.

 

He started singing again but this time, it’s more like yelling and he starts making silly faces while he yells the song.

 

“Come on noona! Sing too!”

 

I chuckled and start yelling the song like how he did. The silence is gone now and laughter fills the atmosphere. We’re both laughing from how silly we are but we can’t stop yelling the song until it finished and the next song comes up.

 

“It’s fun right noona” he chuckled.

 

“Of course it’s fun, you should see your face Ji, it’s very funny” I laughed remembering his face.

 

“Oh please, you should see your face too noona, it’s very ugly”

 

“Hul! I’m not ugly!” I stick my tongue out to him.

 

“I’m just joking noona. Stop being so cute” he ruffles my hair.

 

Wait what…? Did he just say that I’m cute?

 

I can feel my cheeks getting hotter. They’re probably as red as tomato now. Thank God it’s pretty dark, or else Jiyong will definitely see it and make fun of me.

 

 

*****

 

 

“Alright we’re here noona” he said while unbuckling his safety belt, “Oh, wait!”

 

He gets out from the car and jogged towards the passenger seat’s door.

 

“After you, my lady” he opened the car door for me and did a little bow as if I’m a princess.

 

“Yah, stop acting silly!” I chuckled and hit him lightly.

 

He then walked me until my front door.

 

“Thank you Ji, for driving me home” I smiled.

 

“You’re welcome noona. I’ll get going now, but um…” he said looking a bit shy.

 

Suddenly he leans closer to me and kissed my cheek in a very fast motion. He then quickly run away before I realized what is happening.

 

What was that…?

 

I touched my cheek.

 

“Good night noona!! See you tomorrow!” he yelled while running like a kid towards his car.

 

Unknowingly, a smile is formed on my lips.

 

“Good night Ji…” I whispered.

 

----------------------------------

I'm sorry to inform you guys that the next chapter will be the final chapter of this fanfic T_T. Please do look forward to the final chapter and thank you to you all who have been reading this fanfic from the beginning until now! ^.^

Hopefully i can post another new fanfic soon after this one ends (yes i'm working on a new fanfic). In the meantime, you can check out my other fanfics if you haven't

Don't forget to leave a comment and subscribe ^.^