chapter 17

We Belong Together Forever

Our break time is finally over and its time to get our work done again. Its just a few days left for us before the deadline of the project. We have worked so hard for the past couple of months and all I hope is that our hard work will pay off. Jiyong has been extra serious than he has ever been lately, he really wanted to get our work done perfectly. Well, there’s nothing I can complain about that, knowing how perfectionist he is.

 

All we’re left with is just the preparation and practicing for our performance by the end of this week. The performance will be held inside our school theatre hall. There will be tons of audiences, which some of them will be important people from some top universities that have music program. Chaerin, our music teacher, recently told us that some of them will be giving scholarships to a few groups that they like. It will be a great advantage for my batch because we’re seniors now and we need to find a university for us to continue our study soon.

 

I really love doing music and I’m planning to major in music program when I enter university. I don’t really dream to be only a singer but I dream to be a famous song composer and producer too. Because of this, I will work extra hard and hope that I could win the scholarship from them.

 

 

*****

 

 

 

“Come on noona! You’ve been singing your part over and over again but you still didn’t get it right! Aren’t you tired singing the same part over and over again??” 

 

Jiyong is scolding me right now because I didn’t get my part right. We’re now inside of his studio, practicing our song but somehow no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn’t sing my part correctly. The way I sing the song today just doesn’t satisfy Jiyong, it only makes him even angrier each time I made mistakes. Even when I think I sang my part perfectly, he just doesn't think the same way. 

 

“I'm sorry Ji,” I said while looking at the floor, “I’ll sing better…”

 

I don’t have the courage to make eye contact with angry Jiyong. I've never seen him angry before…

 

“You have been saying that for the fifth time now noona! But you haven’t got your part right until now! Why are you so useless noona?!” he shouted but immediately cover his mouth, probably realizing what he just called me.

 

I looked up immediately at him, eyes widened, still not believing what I heard just now.

 

“What? Did you say I’m useless Ji?? So I'm useless for you all this time huh?!” I snapped at him, “I didn’t waste my time here singing again and again for almost two hours straight just to be called useless by you!”

 

“Why don’t you go and find another partner that is good enough for you then!” I continued.

 

I looked straight at his eyes, his angry eyes have turned into a guilty one and he looked at me apologetically.

  

“I-I'm s-sorry noona… I didn’t mean to sa-“ 

 

“Do you want to know what is useless??” I stare at him angrily, “It’s this whole damn project thing! I should’ve just asked for another partner before! I didn’t waste every hour each day for 4 months to get scolded and called useless by you at the end! If you’re that perfect, why don’t you just do this project by yourself??” I shouted at him and stormed out from his studio right after that.

 

I heard him shouting my name a few times but I ignore him. I need to find a peaceful place to calm down right now.

 

 

******

 

 

Jiyong’s POV:

 

I felt very guilty towards her now. I didn’t mean to say that she’s useless, oh come on! She’s the most useful here how can I say that she’s useless suddenly!

 

I hate myself for being so angry and so out of control just now. If I could just control myself and help her instead of shouting at her, she wouldn’t be this mad at me.

 

Great Kwon Jiyong, you ed up really bad just now.

 

I saw her shouting at me angrily. All these months I’ve got to know her, this is the first time I’ve ever seen her this angry. Right after she shouted at me, she stormed out of the studio.

 

! She must be very pissed.

 

I run out immediately and try to follow her but she disappeared so fast…

 

Dammit! Where did she go? Did she leave my house? What if something happened to her?? God, I’m so stupid!

 

I remember that she stormed out without bringing her purse, there’s no way she left my house already. But I can’t find her anywhere…

 

I know that she must be looking for a peaceful place to calm down now, I try looking at my backyard where she usually goes but this time, she’s not there. I keep on searching every room in my house. I even blame my house for being built this big and I'm getting tired running around my own house. I try to think of another place in my house that I haven’t search yet.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

Rooftop!!

 

 

*****

 

I climbed the stairs, which seems to never end, and finally I reached the rooftop. I saw that the glass door is slightly open. I remember that Bom once heard from my sister that we have a rooftop in our house and I also remember she said that she would like to check out my rooftop one day. I walk slowly towards the door and pray that she’s here on the rooftop.

 

I can hear a muffled voice from outside and as I come closer to the glass door, the voice becomes clearer. It is a girl’s voice, Bom’s voice to be exact. She’s here, on the rooftop. A figure standing at the edge of the rooftop, which is blocked by railings for safety, is shouting her heart out while stomping her feet multiple times like a little kid, showing that she’s pissed. I breathe out in relief the moment I saw that she’s here and she’s physically fine, I didn’t even realize that I’ve been holding my breath from the moment I approach the glass door. I’m so afraid before that I might lose her…

 

I pushed the glass door to open it more and I decided to slowly approach her.

 

 

*****

 

 

Bom’s POV:

 

“Babo Kwon Jiyong!! If you think you’re that perfect, why don’t you do it yourself?! Aargh!” I shouted and stomped my feet.

 

I have been shouting and cursing him for the past few minutes, thank God this neighborhood is a private one so there aren’t so many people living here or else I might get him into trouble with his neighbors.

 

I’m really pissed at what he said to me, I keep on shouting and letting all my anger out. It’s good I remember that he has a rooftop. He probably had a hard time finding me or maybe he will not be able to find me at all since I’ve never been here before.

 

But suddenly, I feel a pair of arms wrapped around my waist causing me to jump a bit. I’m about to hit whoever the owner of these arms are but then I heard a familiar voice speaking…

 

“Noona…”

 

Damn Bom, what are you expecting? It’s his house in the first place. How could he possibly not able to find you in his own house.

 

“I’m sorry noona…” he said while burying his face into the crook of my neck, causing his voice to sound more like a mumble.

 

Wait, why is he hugging me like this??

 

“Sorry for saying those words…” he said again.

 

“You’re not useless noona, not even close to the word useless. You gave the best ideas and you’re the one who came up with the melody for the song... without you I wouldn’t be able to finish the song. I just lost control of my emotions back there… I’m really sorry noona… I didn’t mean to upset you like this” he said while his face is still buried on the crook of my neck.

 

I can feel his hot breath on my neck as he speaks, his voice sounds muffled but I could hear what he’s saying. I release his arms from my waist and turn around to face him. I was shocked to see how he looks right now.

 

He’s fully drenched in his own sweat and there are still many beads of sweats dripping down his forehead. His face looks very exhausted and his breathing is not stable yet, as if he just did a marathon.

 

Did he actually run around his house looking for me…?

 

“Noona, please forgive me… I promise it won’t ever happen again. I’ll try to control my emotion next time. Hit me, yell at me, do anything that you want noona but please don’t hate me…” he pleaded.

 

I didn’t respond to him but instead, I just look at him with a flat face. To be honest, I’m still surprised to see that he will be like this. I can see that ‘worry’ is written all over his face…

 

“Noona please say something…” he said and held both of my shoulders, slightly shaking it.

 

“You’re a jerk you know” I said flatly.

 

“I know noona…” he replied with a low voice.

 

“You’re stupid Ji, you hurt my feelings” I said.

 

“I know noona… I’m sorry”.

 

“You shouldn’t have done that. It hurts to be called useless”.

 

“Yea I know noona…”

 

“I really want to strangle you when you say that you know, babo”.

 

“I know noona and I'm very sorry for what I did”.

 

“I forgive you”.

 

“I know noo-… wait what??” he said, eyes widened.

 

“You heard me Ji, don’t make me change my mind” I said.

 

“Really noona?? Thank you!!” he said happily and hugged me while rocking me left and right.

 

I was surprised by his sudden action. I didn’t know whether I should respond, but seeing that he’s very happy makes my hand moves by itself and I hugged him back. We’re both hugging each other now.

 

“Next time if you’re mad at me noona, don’t run away and disappear like this again. I’m really worried you know. I literally searched every corner of my house to see if you’re there. You can hit me, scream at me or even throw things at me, do whatever you want but please stay on my sight and don’t disappear like this ever again…” he said, hugging me tighter.

 

So he did run around his own house. 

 

I smiled inside his embrace, imagining how he run around his own house looking for me. 

 

“I will. But don’t you ever do this again to me or you will never see even the shadow of me next time” I threaten him.

 

He released himself from the hug and look at me in the eyes, our face are only few inches away from each other…

 

 

 

Thump thump, thump thump…

 

 

 

I can hear my own heart beat. It’s beating so fast right now…

 

“I won’t noona, you can trust me” he smiled.

 

Suddenly, he kissed my forehead, causing my heart to thump like crazy. God, I think it’s going to explode soon.

 

“Come on noona, it’s getting late, I’ll walk you home. And I don’t take no as an answer” he said, grabbing my hand and starts walking.

 

I stare at his back, he walks in front of me, leading me all the way down from the rooftop. I looked at our intertwined hands, it looks perfect, it’s like our hands are made for each other…

 

What is this feeling? Could it be that I... no no, it can’t be that. But why do I always felt like this? Whenever he touches me or when we’re so close to each other, my heart beats so fast and my stomach flutters… is this what people feel when they say that they got butterflies in their stomach? 

 

This strange feeling… I felt it again…