chapter 14

We Belong Together Forever

 

“Just take this one Ji” I said.

 

“No, no. This one is better, it has a better quality than that one. We need to find the best one to eat noona” Jiyong argued.

 

“But that one is expensive as hell, this one is enough Ji. They are mainly the same” I argued back.

 

“Can’t you see that it looks more fresh and attractive? The price explains it all” he said.

 

Me and Jiyong are currently doing groceries shopping for our barbecue party later. We went straight to the supermarket after we finished school. Dami unnie was supposed to tag along with us here but instead, she suddenly made an appointment with her friends and left us to do the shopping. She only gave us the money to buy the ingredients needed since she said she wanted to treat us. It was supposed to be a quick shopping since we only need to pick the meats, some vegetables and other ingredients that are needed but apparently Jiyong decided to be the perfectionist and annoying guy. We have spent more than 20 minutes only arguing about which type of meat we should buy. Jiyong being the perfectionist and the person who ‘knows more’ about cooking, has been arguing that we should buy the expensive meat since the quality will be more good.

 

“Yah! What’s wrong with this one? It is in good quality too and my maid always buy this type of meat. I ate it all the time and nothing happened to me, stop exaggerating Ji” I scolded him.

 

“Well… maybe you’re just lucky noona. What if this time you will get food poisoning from that?” he said.

 

“Oh come on Ji!” I said, rolling my eyes.

 

Not being able to hold my patience anymore, I immediately pick up those meats that I chose before and put it inside the shopping cart without bothering Jiyong’s complaints. I quickly push the shopping cart and walk away before he starts to argue again.

 

I walked towards the other section of the supermarket which is the vegetables section, Jiyong follows silently behind me. I began to search to the pile of vegetables and find the one that we needed for the barbecue party. I picked the vegetables on my own and I didn’t even bother to ask for Jiyong’s opinion or even bother if he said something because I’m afraid that he might be a perfectionist again and argue about which type of vegetables we should buy.

 

If you’re wondering how a spoiled child like me is capable of picking the vegetables on my own, then the answer is that I often went to the supermarket with my maid when I’m bored and she would teach me how to shop and pick which goods that have a good quality including fruits, vegetables, canned foods and many more.

 

“Yah! Why are you picking everything by yourself noona? And why are you ignoring me??” he complained.

 

“Because we literally spent almost half an hour only to pick the meat because of you. We still have lots of things to buy, like soft drinks, charcoals, sausages and many more. If I ask for your opinion on each things that we are going to buy, we might finish the shopping at the time when the party started” I scolded him, which shuts him up.

 

Jiyong then quietly follows beside me, pushing the shopping cart while I pick the things that we need to buy. He does not argue with me anymore and he let me pick everything. I proceed to the beverages section after I finished picking the vegetables. I grab four packages of cokes which contains 6 cans of coke for each packages, in case they would like to drink more, I bought a few extra cans so we would not run out of stock. Jiyong helped me load it into the shopping cart.

 

Next stop is the charcoal section. To be honest, I have never bought a charcoal before and I thought it would be easy but turns out it have lots of types and brands. I looked at the various brands of charcoal and I found myself staring at each one of them for God knows how long. My only option left is to ask for Jiyong’s opinion but I’m afraid he would choose the most expensive one. I keep battling inside my mind whether to ask for Jiyong’s opinion or not…

 

“Hello? Earth to Bom noona? Is something wrong?” Jiyong snapped me out of my thoughts by waving his hand in front of my face.

 

“Oh… um… do you know which one is the good brand for the charcoal?” I asked nervously.

 

“Wow, you’re seriously asking me noona? I thought you wanted to pick everything by yourself” he chuckled.

 

“Well… I’m not a robot that knows everything” I said.

 

“So you’re really asking for my help noona? You sure we won’t argue and spend half an hour picking the charcoal noona?” he said, showing his playful smirk.

 

“Hul! Stop making fun of me and just pick the charcoal Ji” I said, pouting.

 

“Alright, alright stop being so cute noona” he said and suddenly pinched my cheek which caused my body to freeze, I can feel that my cheeks are getting hotter.

 

“This one is good, I bought it every time I had a barbecue party” he said after picking a bag of charcoals.

 

“What’s wrong noona?” he continued, looking at me.

 

“Huh? Oh… nothing let’s go” I said and starts walking.

 

After picking everything that we needed, we head towards the cashier and by the time we reached the cashier, I realized that our shopping cart is already full. Thank God there is a sale in the supermarket which makes the prices cheaper. Jiyong paid for the groceries that we bought with the money that Dami unnie gave us. We then walked to the parking lot where my driver has been waiting. With the help of my driver, we managed to load all of the groceries into my car and we went straight to the Bigbang’s basecamp.

 

 

------

 

 

“What’s up Ji! You’re finally here. Need some help with those?” Youngbae greeted us.

 

“Yeah, we definitely could use some help here” Jiyong said.

 

We have arrived at Bigbang’s basecamp and every Bigbang members have gathered there since its only about two hours left until the party will be started, Youngbae said that all of them are chilling at the backyard of their garage look-alike basecamp. Youngbae helped us carrying the groceries into the backyard. I have never been into the backyard of their basecamp before, in fact I didn’t knew before that there is a backyard here. I only went here a few times and its just simply to practice for last night’s performance.

 

I was surprised looking at the backyard, it is actually pretty nice and neatly organized. They did not plant many flowers like Jiyong did but instead they have a quite big tree in the middle of the backyard which blocks the sunlight a little bit, causing the backyard to be less hot. There is a wooden terrace also where they placed some beach chairs and small table which is where most of them are chilling right now. Not far from the wooden terrace, they have already set up the barbecue grill and a large table where we can sit on and place all the foods.

 

“Hello noona!” everyone greeted me in unison when they saw me entering the backyard and they started running towards me to pick up the groceries that I have been carrying which I have to admit, it’s quite heavy.

 

“Where is Dami noona Ji?” Seunghyun asked.

 

“I don’t know, she texted me half an hour ago that she’s still with her friends. I’ll try contacting her again” Jiyong replied.

 

We then start to unpack the groceries and prepare for the party. I have never prepared for a barbecue party before so I don’t really know how to set up the grill and so on… I would tag along besides Jiyong and help bringing him the things that he need since I don’t really know what to do.

 

But before helping Jiyong, I helped the other Bigbang members unpack the groceries, rinse the vegetables and put all the ingredients on to the plates which is then placed on the table besides the grill to make it easier to cook, I also helped unpacking the cokes and organize it on the table. After that, Bigbang members went to the kitchen to take care of the meats while I stay at the backyard to help Jiyong setting up the grill. I watched as he prepares it while fetching him the things that he need.

 

I saw he cleaned the surface of the grill where we usually put the meat to grill them and then he removes the surface of the grill to fill the bottom of the grill with charcoals. After filling the right amount of charcoals, he placed back the surface of the grill. I saw he continued to prepare other things that are needed for the barbecue party and he looked like he is already a professional because he seems to know what he is doing.

 

“We often have lots of barbecue party in the past noona and Jiyong has been preparing everything for every barbecue party before which is why he already knows what to do” Youngbae suddenly appeared besides me while putting two big bowls full of meats on top of the table.

 

My mouth waters at the sight of the meats and all I can imagine in my head is a freshly grilled meat that has a very delicious aroma that can makes you drool.

 

“Be patience noona, stop staring hungrily at those meats” Jiyong said suddenly while chuckling which snapped me out of my imagination.

 

 

----

 

 

“Here’s to Bom and Bigbang for performing successfully last night!” Dami unnie shouted as she raised her coke and we all cheers in unison while holing up our cokes too.

 

“Cheers!” we all shouted.

 

“Now let the party begin!” Seungri shouted.

 

The barbecue party has officially begun and everyone are here now including Dami unnie who just came back from her day out with her friends. We are all starting to have fun at the party, Daesung brought out his speaker and played some uplifting songs that will make you feel like you wanted to dance when you hear the song. Jiyong is in charge of grilling the meats and sausages since he is the only one who knew the most about cooking, Dami unnie helped Jiyong with the cooking while I would bring the cooked meats and sausages to the table.

 

After everything is cooked, we enjoyed the meats together while telling stories to each other and we laughed a lot tonight because the Bigbang members kept telling funny stories about them and they also told some embarrassing stories about them.

 

“What would you like to know about us noona? Since you’re new here” Jiyong asked and everyone turns their attention to me.

 

“Huh? Me? Um…” I said nervously since I don’t know what to say

 

“Yeah, come on noona. You’re new here and you should get to know us more! You can ask us whatever you want to know” Youngbae said and everyone nodded their head in agreement.

 

“Um… okay… well, I would like to know how do you guys know each other and why do you decided to form a band?” I asked.

 

“Well, it all started from us” Jiyong said while pointing at himself and Youngbae.

 

“Yeah, we are the first one to know each other. We are already best friends since kindergarten because I live next to him and we went to the same school. Nothing could ever separate us before, we went to the same school again until high school before finally we got separated because Jiyong moved to another school. We had a lot of things in common and one of them is singing” Youngbae said.

 

“At first, we would always sing to the songs that were played on the radio and then we would start going to the karaoke every Fridays after school and would sing our hearts out for an hour or more. We even joined the singing club since we’re in middle school” Jiyong continues.

 

“And that’s how we met Daesung, he also joined the singing club and I remember him as the drum guy because all he did most of the time was just playing the drum” Youngbae chuckles.

 

“I love playing drums so much okay, being a drummer is my biggest dream” Daesung said.

 

“As for Seungri and Seunghyun hyung, we know each other after recruiting them to the band. There was a singing audition before where we can form a band or perform as a solo and the winner will get the chance to sing at the school festival. But the problem was that if we wanted to form a band, it must consist of 5 people and we did not have enough members” Jiyong said.

 

“We tried asking people to join our band but none of them were interested… it was hard and we were at the brink of giving up. But one day, everything turns out better after we found Seunghyun hyung singing in an empty class” Jiyong continued.

 

“After school when we were about to go home, we could hear a sound of someone singing and rapping coming from one of the class since it’s very quite and it turns out, it’s Seunghyun hyung’s voice” Youngbae said.

 

“He is our classmate but back then he was the mysterious type of person who always sits at the back corner of the class and barely spoke even a word. He is also the oldest in our class. We used to be afraid of him but who knows he has such a good voice” Jiyong said while wiggling his eyebrows towards Seunghyun.

 

“What about Seungri?” I asked.

 

“Well, we found that kid in a library. I happened to go to the library to borrow a book for my research and while searching for the book, I found Seungri singing while organizing the book. He is our junior and he was a nerd back then who wears big glasses and braces, he even joined the book club and signed up to work at the library which is why he was there that time” Youngbae said.

 

“So that is basically how we met each other and after becoming a band, we get to know each other more and become best friends until now” Jiyong said.

 

I listened to their stories and I have to admit that their stories are pretty interesting. They also asked me to tell a little bit about me and I did tell them a bit facts about myself even though it is quite hard for me since I haven’t been opening up to anyone for a long time, but I managed to do it. We continued talking to each other until we realize that it is already late at night. We then decided to end the party and call it a day. Thank God, today is Friday which means there is no school to worry about tomorrow morning.

 

We all decided to spend the night at Bigbang’s basecamp since it’s already late night and there are plenty of rooms for us to stay overnight. The Bigbang members decided to sleep together in one room while me and Dami unnie will be sleeping in the same room.

 

We all cleaned up after the party, wash the dishes, throw the garbage and save some of the left over foods that are still good and store them inside the fridge. We all then wash up ourselves, I borrowed Dami unnie’s clothes because I didn’t bring a spare clothes and she brought one. After that we went to our own rooms since we are already tired. I had a short conversation with Dami unnie before she went to sleep, leaving me who is still wide awake. I always had trouble sleeping in new places because I’m not so familiar with the place.

 

I have been tossing and turning on the bed for God knows how long and I still couldn’t sleep. I decided to go out of the bedroom because I don’t want to wake Dami unnie up, she seemed tired after today.

 

I went out of my room and walk towards the backyard again. The moment I walk out to the backyard, I could feel the cold night breeze that pierced to my skin which caused me to shiver immediately, I regret that I forgot to bring a blanket or jacket with me but I managed to get use to the cold a few seconds later. I took a seat on one of the beach chairs that are placed on the wooden terrace, enjoying the view of the moon that shines brightly in the night and it is the only source of light here, I also enjoyed the night air accompanied by the sound of crickets.

 

“Having trouble sleeping noona?” a voice suddenly said behind me which surprised me.

 

“Yah! Can you stop scaring me?” I scolded.

 

“I’m sorry noona” he chuckled and walks towards me.

 

“What are you doing here? Why aren’t you sleeping?” I asked.

 

“Well, I couldn’t sleep and I have a feeling that you couldn’t sleep either and turns out, I’m right” he said.

 

“I brought you a blanket. You will catch a cold if you only wear that” he said while wrapping me with the blanket that he brought.

 

“Thanks” I said, smiling at him.

 

“May I?” he said while pointing the other beach chair next to me, asking for permission to sit there.

 

I nodded at him and he sat down besides me.

 

There was a good silence between us for a few minutes, just both of us silently sits beside each other and enjoying the night air.

 

“Dami unnie seemed to know you guys very well” I said, breaking the silence.

 

“Yeah, she is like a sister to all of us. She has been taking care of us since Bigbang was formed” he replied.

 

“She’s close to Seungri isn’t it?” I asked.

 

“Yup, Seungri is her best dongsaeng. Even though they appeared to bicker a lot or Seungri would get lots of scolding from Dami noona, she still cares about him. I remember when Seungri got sick one day, Dami noona spend literally a day taking care of him, making sure he eats and drinks his medicines. Sometimes I even envied Seungri, he gets more attention than me, her own brother” Jiyong said, pretending to sulk which makes me chuckle.

 

“She’s very nice Ji, I would love to have a sister like her” I said.

 

“Of course she is, she’s the best! She used to come and visit us when we practiced here before and brought us lots of our favorite foods and we would complain that she brought us too many foods but all she said is ‘I want my dongsaeng to be healthy and eat lots of foods!’. She sure spoiled us too much" Jiyong said mimicking his sister.

 

“She would also bring us many souvenirs when she came back here during her college break, just like now and she should be finishing her study soon. She’s always a cheerful person and despite her older age, she would sometimes still act like a child, joking around and even pull pranks at us. We also had lots of barbecue party like this before as a celebration every time we succeeded and Dami noona would join us. But it all stopped when I have to move to another place. I really miss the old days we spent together…” Jiyong continued, with a hint of sad tone in his voice.

 

“Don’t be sad, they are still here right and tonight you get to recall those memories again and even make it come true. You’re having a barbecue party again just like the old days. Cheer up!” I said, trying to cheer him up.

 

“Yeah, thank you noona” he smiled.

 

Silence embraces us once again before I break it again with a yawn.

 

“Are you sleepy noona?” he asked.

 

“Mmhmm. But I don’t feel like sleeping” I said while rubbing my eyes.

 

“How about I sing you a lullaby to help you sleep?” he said.

 

“Huh? You would do that? I’m not a kid anymore you know” I pouted.

 

Jiyong seems to ignore what I say as he stands up from his seat and move to mine. I automatically move aside a little bit to give him some space to sit. He then starts singing a lullaby for me, his voice is very soothing which makes me feel comfortable hearing it and it successfully made me sleepier as another yawn escapes from my mouth. I could feel my eyes getting heavier and heavier by time. Jiyong seems to notice me getting sleepier when suddenly his hands wrapped around my shoulders, pulling me into his embrace and leans my head on his front shoulders. I didn’t complain for his action because one part of me feels very sleepy and the other part of me feels very comfortable in his embrace, not to mention his shoulder is the best pillow I have ever lean on. I slowly closed my eyes as Jiyong’s lullaby comes to an end.

 

Before I fell totally asleep, I could feel that someone lifted my body as if I was being carried but I didn’t really know it since I was already half asleep. Not long after that, I could feel that I was being placed on a bed since I felt soft mattress at the back of my body. I don’t know whether I’m dreaming or not but I heard Jiyong’s voice and I feel something soft like a lips on my forehead, but I wasn’t sure either...

 

“Good night noona, sweet dreams” was the last thing that I remember I heard before I drifted off to sleep…

 

------

here's a double update for you guys! thanks for waiting and enjoy! :)