end

We Belong Together Forever

“Good luck Bom!”

“Don’t be nervous unnie! Fighting!!”

“Good luck noona, I know you will do well”

“Fighting Bommie!”

“Do your best unnie! Show them your true power”

 

 

“Thank you” I smiled.

 

Finally, the big day has come. I have been receiving words of encouragement from my classmates as well as other students that passed by me on the front gate of our school. Stands of food and gifts have been set up around the entrance of the school. The huge banner for this festival have been put up on the front gate as well as the front door of the school. Lots of people have started to enter the building, yet I still can’t bring myself to walk inside. I didn’t expect that there will be these much people participating in the festival.

 

I have been standing in front of our school for good 5 minutes. Just standing there, watching all people, students and even parents entering the front gate. It is nice seeing the other students who got their parents coming to support them. Unfortunately, my parents are busy today and they will not make it to the festival. Well, scratch that, they are always busy. They even forgot to eat most of the time because of work, how could they remember coming to this festival even after I remind them everyday.

 

To them, this festival might just be a small thing or “unimportant” thing to them. Little do they know, my performance on this festival could be something that can benefit my future. I know they could get me to enter any university that I want with just one phone call but come on, doesn’t it feel much better and proud of yourself to achieve something from your own hard work?

 

I take off my backpack from my shoulder and searched for my phone. I press the home button of my phone to make the screen lit so I can see the clock. It is now 11 am and my performance is going to be around 12ish. That leaves me a plenty of time to get ready.

 

“Bommie!” a girl shouted while wrapping her arms around my shoulder, bumping her body to me a little hard as I felt my body jerked forward a little.

 

“Oh my God Dara, you scared me!”

 

“Well, it’s your fault standing here while staring blankly at your phone. Why don’t you go inside?” she said.

 

“I was checking the time and well I don’t feel like getting inside…” I said, slightly showing my nervousness.

 

“Oh come on Bommie, don’t be nervous. You will do great, I’m sure of that!”

 

“You think so?” I smiled.

 

“Of course! I’ve seen you perform before and I’m 100%, no make it 200% sure you’re going to kill the stage today” she smiled widely while showing two thumbs up to me.

 

“Thanks Dara. You’re a great performer too. I’m also sure that you’re going to murder that stage” I chuckled.

 

 

“Dara unnie!!” someone shouted from afar.

 

 

We both turned our head towards the sound and we saw Minzy waving at us.

 

“Well, I think that’s my call then. See you inside Bom! Good luck!” Dara walked away while waving at me.

 

“You too Dara, good luck!” I waved back.

 

I watched Dara and Minzy walking further away, entering the school gate and started to blend into the crowd. Soon, I’m not able to see them anymore as they went deeper into the crowd.

 

I took a very long and deep breath and exhale it. I looked at the banner of the festival and the crowd once more.

 

You can do this Bom! Show everyone who you are and win that scholarship if possible. I can do this, fighting!!

 

 

“Are you going to stand here all day or are we gonna enter the school and get ready for our performance?”

 

I was a little surprised when I hear someone talking beside me. But then I was relieved when I saw his face.

 

“Hey” I smiled.

 

“Hello noona” he smiled back.

 

“Let’s go inside then” I said.

 

“After you my lady” he joked which earns a light hit on his arm from me. But he never failed to make me smile with his silly jokes.

 

 

********

 

“Bom, Jiyong, both of you are up next” the stage crew informed us.

 

I took a deep breath again as my heartbeat started to increase.

 

“Are you nervous noona?” he held my hand to comfort me.

 

“Yeah, a little. But I’ll be fine” I smiled.

 

Soon, we were rushed to wait near the stage as we are about to make an appearance. As we are closer to the stage, I can hear many sounds of clapping and the MC is speaking now. This means that the group before us have finished performing and soon it will be our turn.

 

“You can do it Bom” Jiyong squeezed my hand and I nodded confidently.

 

“That was the performance of the fourth group from our music class. But don’t leave your seat yet, we still have our very last, but not least, group from music class that will be performing right now. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Park Bom and Kwon Jiyong!!”

 

The moment the MC said that, the curtains on the stage started to be lift up, revealing us on the stage. For one moment, I was shocked to see such many audiences that come to watch our festival which almost make me nervous again. But then I suddenly remembered how we performed at the café before and how I’ve been practicing with Bigbang members. I felt a rush of adrenaline inside of me which makes me more confident than I ever was before.

 

Just enjoy the stage Bom, have fun.

 

And soon, the music starts playing.

 

Yeah, baby boo

I’m always thinking about you

Whatever you do, I’ll always trust you

You know… We belong together, uh…

 

Jiyong began singing his part. He keeps on looking at the audiences and then looking at me. I don’t know why but I get the feeling as if the lyrics that he sang are dedicated towards me…

 

Boy I’m ready for your love (yea, yea)

You got me going steady for your love (oh, oh)

Nobody but you I’m thinking of (don’t cry)

So heavenly so obvious (thanks a lot, yea)

Oh baby I’m so ready for your love (love me)

You got me going steady for your love (we belong together, uh)

Ain’t nobody but you I’m thinking of (yes)

That’s only because we belong together (let’s go)

 

I sang my part while looking at him. I saw him smiling sweetly at me which makes my stomach flutters and I started to feel almost no nervousness inside me anymore. It feels like the stage belongs to us and us only.

 

(Oh) uh, hey baby girl, what’s up

Give me just a little time

You will be always on the go, it’s like, oh, you can barely say ‘Hi’

My sweet lover, there can never be another

Wanna rub ya, baby all the above

No one can deny you’re so fly, so fly

Gotta say ‘my, my’

And it’s killing me everyday of the week

Oh, but I guess I get by

Want you on this side of me

Just ride with me to our destination

Kick back, unwind and relax you know (oh baby baby)

 

This time Jiyong unclasp his microphone from the microphone stand and started rapping while moving around the stage and even circling around me, showing off his stage charisma which I have never seen before. All along while he’s rapping, I listened to the lyrics and randomly get this flashback about us. From the beginning of how we met, when we were complete strangers. Me, a cold hearted girl and him, the boy with blonde hair and goofy smile when I first saw him on that administration room.

 

Never mind your probs and woes

We can sail away and free those

Everyday type city life

Now it’s our time, enjoy this view

The sun is out and it’s all about you and me

Let’s get this groove on

Get a move on

Hey, let’s cruise on

Until the morning yo

 

He continues with his part while still moving around the stage and keeps on making eye contacts with me.

 

The way you treatin’ me

So heavenly and wonderful (trust me)

Oh we have so much fun, can’t get enough, I need some more (na, na)

That’s for sure, gotta let you know

I’m ready to just give you my all (gotta be, gotta be my love)

And I can’t wait for you to hold me gently in your arms (I’m so happy)

Caress my body baby, as we both become one (I love you)

Feel it all deeply in my heart (I will)

That we belong together my love, oh...

 

I unclasp my microphone too and join him. We move around the stage happily as if we are performing only for both of us, eyes never leave each other. I completely forget about the hundreds of audiences watching us perform and I have to admit that I’m having the best time performing on stage in my life. Winning or losing doesn’t even matter to me anymore, I just want to enjoy this moment and hope it will last a little longer. Jiyong would grab my hands sometime and twirl me around on the stage or just pull me to wander around the stage with him. We move together, syncing with the music. It feels like the music is created just for us…

 

.... Baby, your love is so mind blowing (oh baby, baby)

I need you, gotta please you my girl

And that’s for life-long (you know that I love you, yeah)

Baby, you know we’re so right flowin’ (belong together)

Indeed, we got a thing, can’t no one ever deny (oh baby…)

 

And with that Jiyong ended the song with his last part. He twirled me once more before finally pulling me close to him right when he ended the song. We end up being extremely close to each other, he had one of his hand on the back of my waist and we’re both staring at each other, slightly panting from our performance. I stare at his eyes which always makes me melt into it whenever I stare at him from this close distance. I can see him smiling widely at me and slowly lean his head forward towards me. Once again, I feel hypnotized by him…

 

 

“And that’s the performance from the last group of our music class! What a wonderful performance isn’t it? You both nailed it!”

 

The sound of the MC and clapping brought me back to reality. I completely forgot that there are still hundreds of audiences watching us. I turn to face them and to my surprise, they all are standing up and applauding for us. The sight made me so happy, I looked at Jiyong and he gave a ‘we-did-it’ smile. I even saw Bigbang members sitting not far from the stage and they are shouting happily at us. I also saw the judges standing up and clapping for us, one of the judges is Chaerin and she gave me a two thumbs up which makes my smile wider.

 

We both bowed down at the audiences as well as the judges and said thank you through our microphones and head back to the backstage to wait for the judges to choose the winner.

 

 

******

 

“Alright folks, please welcome back all our groups from music class who participates in this competition!”

 

It has been 15 minutes of waiting inside the backstage and now we are called to go on stage. We line up horizontally on the stage, patiently and nervously waiting for the judges to speak. Jiyong held my hand the whole time to comfort me. I can feel beads of sweat started to form on my palm.

 

The judges started to speak one by one and give compliments as well as critics for each groups. One of the other groups even got many critics from the judges.

 

“Well, judges, do you have your winner already?” the MC asked and all of the judges nodded.

 

“Alright then! May I have the paper?” the MC then walked towards the judges and take a white folded paper which contains the name of the winner.

 

“Drum roll please!” the MC shouted and the band give him the drum roll sound.

 

He slowly opened the paper and took a peek inside it and close it again.

 

“The winner is……” the drum roll sound is getting faster.

 

 

 

 

“Park Bom and Kwon Jiyong!!!” he shouted and confetti were popped.

 

I can’t believe what he just announced.

 

Our names were called!! We won!! we won!

 

I couldn’t help jumping in joy. I immediately hug Jiyong so tight and he rock me left and right. Soon we both jumping in joy. The MC then gave us our trophy and a bouquet of flower which I take. I still can’t believe it. Finally, our hard work for months is definitely paid off now…

 

 

*******

“Congratulations both of you!!”

 

All of the Bigbang members as well as Dara and Dami unnie barged into the backstage. I was surprised to see them here, especially Dami unnie since I thought she will be busy. But she made it here anyway.

 

“Thank you guys! And thanks for coming to support us” I said, almost cried when I saw them all here to support us.

 

“Aw, come on don’t cry Bom, you should be happy. You and Jiyong freaking won the competition!” Dami unnie approach me and give me a hug to comfort me.

 

“Hey! We should celebrate this!” Seungri shouted suddenly and everyone immediately agree without questioning him anymore.

 

It seems weird that everyone seems to know about the celebration already as they didn’t ask where or when. They all just simply agree with Seungri’s idea. Did I miss something? I wanted to ask, but I choose to let it slide.

 

They all then head to the school’s parking lot while I just follow them. They seemed to know what they are going to do already while I’m very clueless here.

 

Turns out, both Dami unnie and Bigbang brought their cars.

 

“Yo Ji, take my car and don’t scratch it” Dami unnie tossed her car key and went to ride in Seunghyun’s car.

 

Why doesn’t she use her car? Why is she giving it to Jiyong instead?

 

There are so many questions running through my head that I don’t even realize that Jiyong has lead me into the car.

 

“They are going to buy the things needed for the celebrations and we’re heading to my house first where the party will be held, if that’s what you’re wondering” he said as if he can read my mind.

 

“Did all the questions I wanted to ask are written on my face or you just can read people’s mind?”

 

“Maybe both” he chuckled and starts the car.

 

He then drives both of us back to his house. The whole ride was quiet, I was waiting for him to explain about their plans at least, but he didn’t say anything. I keep on guessing what’s going on right now since the situation is a bit weird to me.

 

“Here we are”

 

I didn’t realize we have arrived already. Well that was fast… I must have been too drowned in my thoughts.

 

I unbuckled my seat belt and went outside the car. I waited for Jiyong opened the door to his house. Once the door is open, I stepped in front of Jiyong so I’m the one who enter the house first. But suddenly, my vision is blocked and all I see is darkness.

 

“What the he-“ I almost panicked.

 

“Shhh it’s fine noona I’m here. I blindfolded you” he chuckled.

 

“Why would you blindfold me? are you kidnapping me??”

 

“Of course not. Come on, I’ll lead your way” he grabbed my hands and guide me to walk.

 

“Where are we going?”

 

“Just wait and see noona”

 

I pouted.

 

We walked slowly as I can’t see a thing. After what seemed like a never ending walk for me, we finally reached the destination.

 

“Okay noona, on the count of 3 I will open your blindfold okay?”

 

I nodded.

 

“Alright. 1…. 2…… 3!”

 

He opened my blindfold and I’m greeted by the most beautiful scene in front of me. The back garden of Jiyong’s house has been transformed into some kind of magical garden with all colorful lights around the tree and the blooming flowers, making their colors pop out. His garden literally looks like some fairytale garden right now…

 

He then bends down to flip a switch on which makes the light to turn on suddenly, making a pathway towards the center of the garden. And it reveals a small platform in the middle of the garden with some lights hanging on top of it like a chandelier. It looks like a mini ball dance floor.

 

“May I?” he offered his hand and I took it while still processing what just happened and why he turned his garden into a fairytale look alike garden…

 

He walked me through the pathway created by the lights and towards the small platform. We both got up and stand on the small platform, under the mini chandelier above us. He then took out his phone, pressing the screen and suddenly slow music can be heard throughout the garden. God knows when he had connected his phone to his speaker and where he put it.

 

“May I have this dance noona?” he offered his hand once more.

 

“Yah, stop acting silly” I said.

 

“I’m not noona” still offering his hand.

 

I took his hand and he placed my hand on his neck and took my other hand to place it on his neck too. I got the hint and circled my arms around his neck while he has both his arms hugging my waist. He pulled me closer and started to move along with the music. We both move in circle pattern, following the music. He smiled at me and his eyes never left mine the whole time.

 

“Noona…”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Do you remember the day we first met? The day you showed me around the school” he said.

 

“Yeah, why?”

 

“I will never forget how I feel when I first saw your face. At that administration room, when you enter, the door bell rings and I turned my head to see who it was. That was when I saw you, you’re the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen in my entire life” he smiles, “I’m not joking, it’s true though. Just by seeing you makes my heart skip a beat… I knew from then that you’re definitely the one for me”

 

I was speechless with his sudden confession that I don’t know what to reply.

 

“I thought I could easily win you back then. But turns out, you had a very cold heart…” he continues, “I saw you forcing a smile for everyone, shielding yourself from everything, especially shielding your heart with that ice to prevent other people from hurting you. But despite all that, I know that this girl has a good heart in her, she just need the right person to melt the ice in her”

 

 

He literally just blew off my mind… no one has ever read me so clear like a book before, no one has ever notice that I’ve been building walls around me for years to defend myself from getting hurt.

 

“And then I asked Chaerin to put me as your partner in music class. I’m sorry, but that was the best decision of my life and I won’t ever regret it. Meeting you, spending time with you and knowing you up until now means a lot to me noona…”

 

Unknowingly, a drop of tears rolled out from my eyes upon hearing his confessions… never in my life have I ever met someone who notices every single details about me and cherish all the memories that we have created together these past few months…

 

“I have something else to say noona” he smiled while wiping away my tears.

 

I can feel my heartbeat started to increase. I have a feeling where this will lead to…

 

“What is it?” I managed to reply him with a slightly cracked voice.

 

“Park Bom, will you let me break the walls you’ve been building for so long? Will you let me be the walls instead, to protect you and never hurt you? Will you let me in your life and let me walk through all your ups and downs together with you? Will you be mine, Park Bom?” he held both of my hands and waited for my answer.

 

I was taken aback by his confessions but I’m also happy to hear that there is finally someone who understands me. Someone I’ve been looking for all these years, someone who know the best as well as the worse of me, someone that accepts me the way I am. Most importantly, someone who sees me as Park Bom, an ordinary girl. Not the flawless and rich Bom as what most people sees me.

 

“Jiyong…” I stare at him for a moment, “yes”.

 

It’s a simple word that came out from my mouth. A very simple and short one yet it was able to create a very wide smile on his face. He picked me up and spin me around while screaming like a happy kid. It is indeed a very precious moment to witness such happiness from his face. Not even my exes were this happy when they got me.

 

He spins me for a couple times before stopping and gently put me back down but still keeping my body very close to him. When my feet landed on the ground, I look up and meet his face which is only couple of inches away from mine. He smiled and lean his head forward and I did the same too.

 

Soon, our lips are finally touching each other and I literally feel like the back of my head just exploded the moment our lips touched. His lips felt so soft and addicting. We shared a passionate kiss for God knows how long before we both pulled back. A little bit panting and our foreheads are still touching.

 

“You have no idea how long I’ve been wanting to do that” he said which makes me chuckle.

 

 

 

“I love you Park Bom”

 

 

 

“I love you too Jiyong”

 

 

 

It’s funny how four months ago a boy I met who was just a stranger to me, could make me feel what it is like to fall in love again. A boy who makes these four months seems like four years to me. A boy who annoys me before is now the one I’m falling head over heels for. I never regret meeting him or knowing him. And thus, this marks the new chapter of my life. A better chapter with him in it. And one thing that i know of, I know that… we belong together forever…

 

 

 

 

 

~THE END~

 

-------------------------

Thank you all for reading and subscribing! :D

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all have a great holiday ^^

See you on my next story ^^