chapter 4

We Belong Together Forever

Beep, beep, beep, beep…

 

I woke up annoyed by the sound of my alarm. I was having the best dream ever where I’m inside of a corn island where everything were made up of corn and I can eat corn happily without getting fat. Seriously, that was the best thing ever. If only it could happen in reality...

 

With my eyes still closed, I searched for the off button with my hand and turn off the alarm. Lazily, I got up from my bed and walk into the bathroom to take a shower.

 

After 15 minutes, I got out from the bathroom and put on my uniform. I don’t feel like doing my hair today so I just put it into a bun. I quickly gather all the things that I need to bring into my backpack and went downstairs. Surprisingly, my parents haven’t gone to work yet. Usually, they will be leaving for work early in the morning before I even wake up and come back home after I’m asleep. I barely see them even though we live in the same house. They have always been very busy with their work…

 

“Morning mom, dad” I greeted them.

 

“Morning Bom!” both of them replied.

 

“Come Bom, have a seat. I’ve prepared breakfast for you. Corn cereal with milk, your favorite” said mom.

 

“Thanks mom” I said and sit on the chair.

 

We all sat in silence. I quietly enjoy breakfast while my dad is reading the newspaper and my mom is busy with her phone… probably taking care of her work again.

 

*sighs*

 

This has always been our family routine. We sat together for breakfast but we barely even speak one word to each other. Everyone is just busy with their own world…

 

“I’m done. I’ll be going first” I said, breaking the silence.

 

“Oh, you’re done? That was fast” mom said, looking at me.

 

I’m not fast. It’s just you’ve been so focused on your phone mom... I said in my head.

 

“Yeah, bye mom, dad” I waved at them and walk towards my car where my driver is waiting for me.

 

----

 

The first 3 periods have ended and now it’s lunch break. I decided to go to the school cafeteria and grab something to drink.

 

I ordered a cup of hot chocolate, one of the best drinks that this cafeteria serves and a butter cookie. After picking up my order, I walked to my usual seat, which is a bit at the back of the cafeteria because it’s more quite there and more comfortable. While walking towards the seat, I saw a figure sitting there.

 

I immediately approach that person who turns out to be a boy and he’s so focused playing game on his phone.

 

How dare he take my favorite spot, hull! I grunt in my mind.

 

“Excuse me, but you’re sitting on my seat” I said, placing my right hand on my hip.

 

He turned his head facing me and out of so many students in this school, why this person has to be Kwon Jiyong…

 

“Oh, noona? What are you doing here?” he asked, showing his innocent face.

 

“You’re sitting on my seat” I said.

 

“Your seat? But I came here first and nobody is sitting here” he said.

 

“Whatever Ji, just find another seat, this is my favorite one” I said coldly.

 

“Well, there’s no writing on this table stating that you’re the owner noona. I sat here first and I’m not moving. You’re free to join me if you still want this seat but if you don’t want than feel free to find another seat” he said, flashing me a quick smile and then turned his head back looking at his phone.

 

“Yah! Why do you have to be this annoying??” I yelled a bit at him.

 

I stared at him, waiting for him to get up from the seat but he didn’t even budge. He keep staring at his phone while continue playing the game.

 

“Are you just gonna stand there and stare at me or sit down and join me noona? Your drink could get cold if you don’t drink it now you know” he said, not looking at me.

 

I groaned and with no other choice, I sit down in front of him. I can feel him smirking when I finally gave in and join him. Seriously this boy…

 

“You know, your favorite spot is pretty comfortable noona” he said while giving me a playful smile.

 

“Oh shut up Ji” I rolled my eyes and took a sip of my hot chocolate.

 

He chuckled at my reaction.

 

“What’s so funny?” I said.

 

“Nothing, you just look cute when you’re mad” he smiled at me but I just pretend that I didn’t hear anything he said.

 

“Anyway noona, can you come to my house again tomorrow?” he asked.

 

“No, it’s Friday tomorrow. I want to just stay at home and chill” I replied.

 

“Aigoo noona… please come tomorrow. I promise it won’t be long and you can go back home to chill after that” he pleaded.

 

“Alright” I said after thinking for a few seconds.

 

“Thank you noona! I’ll be going to class first” he waved at me and walk away.

 

After I finished my hot chocolate, I go back to my class too since the lunch break is going to end soon.

 

----

 

School ended a bit late today because one of my classmates decided to cause problem and made our class teacher punish us by dismissing us 30 minutes late.

 

The atmosphere inside the classroom after our class teacher yelled at us was very tense. Nobody dares to speak a word, everyone sat in silence. Our class teacher lectured us for the whole 30 minutes and it was super boring, I almost fell asleep because of it.

 

Good thing is, we’re dismissed now. I head straight to the school lobby where my driver has been waiting for me and drive back home.

 

 

I arrived home at 6 pm, I immediately go into my bedroom, take a shower, changed into comfy clothes and throw myself onto the bed.

 

God I’m so tired… I said in my mind.

 

I was about to fall asleep when suddenly my phone’s notification rings.

 

I checked my phone and a message popped up on the screen.

 

‘Hi noona! Are you busy?’

 

Ugh it’s Jiyong again…

 

‘No, I’m not. Why?’ I replied.

 

‘What are you doing noona?’ he replied.

 

‘Nothing, just lying on the bed about to get some sleep’ I replied.

 

‘Why so early noona? It’s still 7pm’ he replied.

 

'Yeah, I’m just tired from today. Why do you text me? Is there anything you wanna say?’ I replied.

 

‘Ah… I just wanted to remind you to come tomorrow after school’ he replied.

 

‘Alright then, I’m off to bed now. Goodnight Ji’ I replied.

 

‘Goodnight noona! Sleep tight ^^’ he replied.

 

I put away my phone and lay down on my bed. Soon, I’m drifted off to dreamland…

 

******

 

sorry guys for the late update! :(. i've been on a vacation for the past one week so i didnt have the time to update. anyway, thankyou for the new subscribers! i hope you guys enjoy my story :)

dont forget to comment ;)