chapter 8

We Belong Together Forever

It has been 3 days since that coke splashing incident in the school cafeteria. I’m still not in the mood to go to school or even to meet people but hey, I have to stay strong anyway right? Dara has been accompanying me these past few days. She tried her best to comfort me and I'm really glad that i have a best friend like her. Actually, no one dared to bother me after that incident especially the girls that splashed me before, probably because Jiyong have threaten them. There are still some people who talked about me or whispered about me when I passed them but I don’t really care anymore.

 

I’m having a biology class now which is very boring. Nobody listens to what the teacher is saying in front, everyone is either talking to their friends or playing their phone. I decided to just do my homework so I don’t have any work to do when I reach home. Suddenly my phone lit up and a message popped up on my screen. I check the message and turns out it’s from Jiyong.

 

‘Let me guess, doing your homework right now huh?’ he said.

 

‘Are you stalking me Ji?’ I replied.

 

‘Look out to your class window’ he replied.

 

I look up and look to the window and there he is. Jiyong is standing outside my class waving happily towards me with his cheeky smile. I chuckled a bit at his action and give him a small wave back. I look down to my phone again to text him.

 

‘Yah, what are you doing there? Don’t you have class?’ I said.

 

‘I just came back from the toilet and I decided to pay you a visit’ he replied.

 

‘Can you come to my house earlier later? Like directly after you finished school?’ he replied again.

 

‘Yeah I can. Why? What’s wrong with me coming at the usual time?’ I replied.

 

‘Nothing, I just wanted to show you something. So come earlier’ he replied.

 

‘Okay then’ I replied.

 

I look up to the window again and he waves at me again, then he walked away. Probably back to his class.

 

 

-----

 

Finally school ended, my driver picked me up and I went directly to Jiyong's house. When I’m on my way, I received a text from Jiyong telling me that he left the front door unlocked so I can enter straight away. After 15 minutes, I finally reached his house. I enter the gate and walk towards the front door and just like he said, the front door is indeed left unlocked so I enter directly.

 

“Ji? Where are you?” I yelled a bit and my voice echoed because his house is big and quite.

 

I called him a few times but there is no response.

 

Oh wait… stupid me. His house is too big of course he wouldn’t hear me I mentally slapped myself for being this stupid.

 

Suddenly I heard a sound of dog barking echoing in his house.

 

Wait, barking? Jiyong doesn’t have a dog… I said in my mind.

 

The barking sound gets louder and louder by time which means that dog is getting closer to me. I was confused for a second but then something showed up from Jiyong’s living room and it is a small brown dog jogging towards me. I bend down immediately and reach the dog to pat it. I notice that the dog has many wrinkles on its body which makes it cute and because of its tiny body, the wrinkles make it cuter, it is like the dog is wearing clothes.

 

“Hello, why are you in Jiyong’s house?” I said to the dog while patting it.

 

“I see you have already met Gaho huh?” a voice suddenly said.

 

I looked up and it’s Jiyong standing not far in front of me while leaning towards the wall. He approaches me and bends down to pat the dog too. Seeing my confused face because of the situation, he explains to me.

 

“Meet Gaho, it’s his name. Remember last time when we went to the park and grab some ice cream? You told me that you love dogs and I saw how happy your face when you saw those dogs that passed by so I decided to get a dog and I bought him yesterday. I know you’re having a hard time now because the thing going on at school so I hope Gaho can make you happy again” he explains while rubbing the back of his neck and smiled widely showing all sets of his teeth.

 

“No way… You just bought a dog to make me happy…?” I said in disbelief.

 

“Yup noona, I’ll keep him here and you can come here to visit and play with him anytime you want” he said.

 

“Oh my God Ji!! Thank you so much!!” I screamed happily.

 

I picked Gaho up and put him on my lap.

 

“Hi Gaho, I’m Bom and I’m gonna take a very good care of you!” I smiled widely and hugged Gaho. I can hear Jiyong chuckles at my reaction.

 

“How about we take him to the park, noona? We will have a picnic and you can play with him there” Jiyong suggested.

 

“Yeah! Let’s go there!” I said excitedly.

 

Jiyong went to get the dog leash, tied it onto Gaho while I gathered all the things that we need for the picnic like snacks, drinks and mattress to sit on the grass. After we’re both done, we both walk with Gaho to the park.

 

 

-----

 

“Wow it’s not too crowded today” said Jiyong.

 

The park is just 5 minutes walk from Jiyong’s house and luckily it’s not crowded today. We went to the picnic area which is like a small hill and pick a spot for us to sit. We picked the spot which is under a big tree so it’s not too hot. Jiyong immediately prepared the mattress and we both sit on it. I put Gaho on my lap while I take out all the snacks and drinks that I’ve brought from Jiyong’s house.

 

“Bread and coke or bread and juice?” I asked.

 

“Um… bread and juice” he said.

 

“Trying to be healthy huh?” I joked while passing him the bread and juice.

 

“Well, I’m always eating healthy unlike you noona” he sticks his tongue out at me.

 

“Yah! I’m healthy too you know” I said and pout.

 

Gaho is sitting quietly on my lap while we both enjoyed our snacks. I also feed Gaho some of my bread and he seems very happy because he keeps wagging his tail.

 

“Looks like he wants to play noona, why don’t you play with him? Here I brought his toy ball” said Jiyong while giving me a small red rubber ball.

 

“Okay! Let’s go Gaho!” I take the ball from Jiyong and jogged happily with Gaho to the middle of the park.

 

I run around with Gaho and he seems to be very excited. I also throw the rubber ball that Jiyong gave me and Gaho would run to fetch it. As I run around the park, Gaho will run behind me and follow me at every direction that I go, he’s so tiny and cute. I have to be very careful so that I don’t step on him. I’ve never felt this happy for a long time and today I finally feel truly happy again.

 

“Go Gaho fetch it!” I said while throwing the rubber ball.

 

“Woof!” Gaho barked, run to fetch the rubber ball and run back to me to give me back the ball.

 

 

Jiyong’s POV:

 

I sit on the mattress and leans my back to the big tree behind me while watching Bom playing with Gaho. I find myself loving the view in front of me, Bom running around happily playing with Gaho. Both of them are like a perfect match, Gaho seems to like Bom so much even though they just met. I’ve never seen Bom looked this happy since we first known each other, the Bom in front of me right now is a truly happy Bom and she is not faking her smile right now. The fact that I’m the one who makes her this happy is even better. I can’t stop smiling while watching her playing with Gaho. The weather is a bit windy and the wind blew her long hair while she’s running. I saw the way she tucks her hair behind her ear to prevent it from covering her face and I don’t know why but she looks so beautiful…

 

Why do I feel something strange in my heart when I watch her…? I thought in my mind.

 

“Jiyong!!” she shouted from afar interrupting my thoughts. I look at her and she’s waving her hand high in the air and she jumps a little bit.

 

I smiled widely at her and wave back.

 

“Come on Ji! Let’s play together!” she shouted again and signaled me to join her.

 

I stand up and run towards her. We both played with Gaho and run around the park until evening. Then we gathered our things and I walked Bom back to her house since it’s almost dark and we still have school tomorrow.

 

 

Bom’s POV:

 

“Thank you so much Ji for today and Gaho” I smiled at him.

 

“You’re welcome noona, I’m glad that you’re happy and oh! Come to my house this Saturday at 8 in the morning noona” he said.

 

“Huh? Why is it have to be early in the morning?” I said with a confused look.

 

“It’s a secret noona. Just come and make sure to wear casual clothes and comfy shoes. Don’t be late noona” he said and winked at me.

 

“Okay…” I said, still confused with what he means.

 

“So bye for now noona! Say goodbye to noona, Gaho” he said while holding Gaho’s tiny paw and wave it as if it’s Gaho waving at me.

 

“Alright, bye Gaho! See you soon baby and don’t miss me okay” I bend down a bit and pats Gaho happily.

 

“You be careful with my baby okay Ji! If you hurt him I’ll karate chop you” I said while raising my hand like I’m about to karate chop him.

 

“Aigoo, now you care more about Gaho than me huh? I’m hurt noona” he said while clutching his chest, pretending to be hurt.

 

“Yah stop it and go home already” I chuckled while playfully hit his arm.

 

“Alright noona, goodnight. Let’s go Gaho” he said and walk out of my house’s gate with Gaho then they disappear at the alley.

 

I smiled and went inside my house…