chapter 10

We Belong Together Forever

After a month of hard times in school and also fun times, me and Jiyong are now back to focus more on our song because it is already the third month which means we only have one month left to finish everything including our performance. Thank God the music for our song is done and we’re now left only with the recording, if we can finish this song by this week or next week, we will have more than enough time to prepare the performance.

Today, we’re going to start the recording. Jiyong decided to record his part first because his part is longer than mine which means he will take more time to record and a little complicated because his part contains a little bit of rapping. Jiyong taught me how to use the recording tools like how to start or stop the recording, how to play the music and how to speak through the microphone and he asked me to operate it while he is recording.

He enters the recording room and puts on the headphone. After he settled everything, he gave me an ‘ok’ sign with his hand, signaling me that he is ready to record. I did a countdown through the microphone before pressing the play button for the music and the start recording button. Once the music starts playing, I can see that Jiyong starts bobbing his head along with the music, enjoying it. When his part came, he starts singing the intro and move on to a slow and rhythmic rap.

 

(Oh) Uhh hey baby girl, what’s up, give me just a little time.

You be always on the go, it’s like, oh, you can barely say ‘Hi’.

My sweet lover, there can never be another.

Wanna rub ya, baby all the above.

No one can deny you’re so fly, so fly.

Gotta say ‘my, my’ and it’s killing me everyday of the week.

Oh, but I guess I get by.

Want you on this side of me.

Just ride with me to our destination.

Kick back, unwind and relax you know.

 

I watched he raps his part and to be honest, I’m quite mesmerized by his voice and the way he sings. It is like he’s singing from his heart and he’s enjoying the music.

He seems kinda cool… wait, what am I thinking?? I mentally slap myself.

After he finished recording his part, he came out from the recording room and sit next to me, in front of the computer. He did something with the computer which I don’t know what but maybe he is saving his recording. When he’s done, he played the record and the music along with his voice now, blast through the studio. I looked at Jiyong and he had his hand on his chin and his eyes staring at the ground, his head nods slowly to the music and he seems to be listening to the music carefully, hearing the details of his voice.

“We need to record again noona” he said.

“What? Why? I think that is pretty good already…” I said, confused.

“Good? That is not even close to good noona. I’m going to record again” he said. And with that, he went inside the recording room again.

I watched as he entered the recording room once again, put on the headphone and settled himself. This time, he practiced a few part of the lyrics which I assume is the part that he thinks is not good enough.

“Ready?” I said through the microphone and my voice could be heard inside the recording room.

Jiyong didn’t say anything but instead, he just gave me a thumb up signaling me that he is ready. I press the play music button once again along with the start recording button. He starts singing the same part like before but this time, he did change a little bit of the tone in his voice. After he’s done, he checks the record again and this time, he smiled with satisfaction which means his part was already perfect. I have to admit that his second try is way better than his first try even though his first try is already good for me.

We then moved on to the next lyrics of his part and record it again. As if he is already a professional, he didn’t take much time to record his part and he only rerecords his part up to maximum 3 times but mostly, he got it perfectly on the first try. I think he was really born to be a singer…

 

------

“So, we only got this part of mine left noona. Let’s record it” Jiyong said.

“Um Ji, what’s with the rush? We should take a break and probably call it a day since we have been recording for 3 hours straight you know” I suggested.

“But we don’t have plenty of time to do it slowly noona” he said.

“Well, we got plenty of time this week. We can finish off your part by tomorrow since its just one part left and then we can start right away with my part. Besides, you need to rest your voice too. Don’t push it too hard” I said.

“Yeah… you got a point there noona. Let’s call it a day then” he smiled at me.

He then turned off the recording tools inside his studio and gathered all his things and piled up all the lyrics sheets into one file. I helped him wrap up while gathering all my belongings too.

“Are you going home now noona?” he asked.

“I’d like to play with Gaho first I think… why?” I said.

“Umm, do you want to have dinner here? I can cook for us” he said shyly.

“Well, I’d love to if you don’t mind?” I chuckled.

“No! Of course not! I’ll cook for both of us. Um, you can play with Gaho while I prepare the dinner, he’s inside his house” he said and then head towards the kitchen.

After Jiyong disappeared into the kitchen, I walked towards the back garden and to Gaho’s house. There, I can see Gaho lying comfortably on top of his tiny bed.

“Hi baby!” I said cheerfully as I pick him up from his bed.

I carried Gaho into Jiyong’s living room and play with him there. I have also picked up Gaho’s toys from his house. I put Gaho on my lap while I give him his toy ball and he bites the ball with his tiny teeth. Jiyong once texted me saying that he taught Gaho a few tricks like sit, shake and roll so I decided to try it.

“Gaho, sit!” I said and Gaho immediately sits.

“Good boy, now roll” I said while making a circular motion with my hand and Gaho rolls following my hand.

I tried every tricks and Gaho can do it, Jiyong really did teach him well. Seeing Gaho like this, it reminds me of Choco, the dog that I used to own before he passed away… Choco was a toy poodle dog and he was so loyal to me, he always listened to what I said, I love him very much. He has been my best friend and a part of my family ever since he was just a baby. He passed away because he had cancer and it could not be cured anymore because we found it out too late. It was so sad when the doctor announced that Choco only got 6 months left of his life so I make use of those 6 months very well and spend it with Choco. I played with him almost everyday, took him to places that he loves, I gave almost all my attention only for Choco. I remembered that I cried so hard when he passed away and the reason why I don’t want to buy a new dog is because nothing can replace Choco…

Gaho snuggled into my arms which snap me out from my flashback and without realizing, a drop of tears rolled down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away.

Ah… I must have gotten too emotional… I said in my mind.

I looked at Gaho and he reminds me so much of Choco when he was still as small as Gaho even though they are different types of dog.

“Gaho-ah, you reminded me so much of Choco you know. Maybe that’s why I loved you so much from the moment I met you” I smiled while rubbing Gaho’s back.

Gaho suddenly stands up and walked towards his toy ball to pick it up. He then plays with it by himself. Choco used to do that too when he was still young, he was a smart dog and I taught him many tricks.

Suddenly an idea seemed to pop out in my brain. I can even imagine a yellow light bulb popping out on top of my head. Thinking about the tricks that I’ve taught Choco before, I decided to teach those tricks to Gaho too so I stand up and go grab a few dog treats which is usually used when you wanted to teach a dog.

I started to teach Gaho few tricks like lay down and standing up with his 2 back feet. I would give him a dog treat every time he got it correct and surprisingly, Gaho is a quick learner. I only taught him a few times and he could already do the tricks.

 

Jiyong’s POV:

I’ve been spending almost an hour in the kitchen making dinner for both of us. I made pasta for both of us since it is the dish that I love to make so I’m very sure that it will taste delicious. After the food is ready, I prepare the table for both of us and made two cup of tea. I set the food on the table and after everything is ready, I walked towards the living room to call Bom for dinner.

As I come closer to the living room, I heard Bom’s faint sound and I immediately stopped. I stayed behind the wall near the living room and eavesdrop a little bit.

“Gaho-ah you reminded me so much of Choco you know…”

Choco? Who is that…? I thought.

I take a peek into the living room and I found Bom sitting on the couch, staring at Gaho who is playing with his toy ball and Bom seemed not to realize that I was staring at her. Suddenly, her face seemed to light up and she stands up, grabbed a few dog treats and walked towards Gaho.

I watched her teaching Gaho few tricks and Gaho seemed to understand her and learned the tricks easily. Within minutes, I saw that Gaho can already to one or two tricks that she taught him.

I leaned my body to the wall and keep watching Bom… She looked so happy every time she play with Gaho. She always smiles and laugh happily around Gaho, those smiles that I always love to see. I don’t know why but every time I see her smile, I could feel that my heart would skip a beat…

“Oh! Hey Ji, I didn’t realize that you’re there. Why are you looking at me like that? Is anything wrong?” her voice snapped me back to reality. I didn’t realize that she has been staring back at me with a confused face.

“Huh? No, no… nothing is wrong. Um… well I was just going to tell you that dinner is ready” I said while rubbing the back of my neck nervously.

“Really?? Let’s go eat then! I’m pretty hungry” she said excitedly.

We both walked towards the kitchen and settled down on the dinner table. I pulled out the chair for her to sit.

“Thank you” she said.

“So, tonight’s dinner is pasta. Enjoy it noona! And I hope you like it” I said cheerfully.

 

Bom’s POV:

I looked at the plate of pasta in front of me, it looks so fancy and mouthwatering. I took a bite of the pasta and once again, Jiyong’s food taste like heaven. I couldn’t say anything anymore, the pasta is beyond delicious and I couldn’t even describe it with words anymore. I just keep stuffing the pasta inside my mouth.

“Wow noona, eat slowly or you might choke yourself later” he chuckled.

“This is the best pasta I’ve ever had Ji, so delicious!” I said.

“I’m glad you like it noona. But please slow down a little” he said.

“Okay okay” I said while trying to eat the food slowly now.

"Can i ask you something noona?" he said.

"Yeah sure what is it?" I said, still focused on my food.

"Um... who is Choco?" he said suddenly which makes me stop chewing my food. 

"I'm sorry if i surprised you noona but I can't help overhearing you talking to Gaho before" he said. 

"Nah... it"s okay. Well... Choco is my late dog. He was a toy poodle and he passed away long ago due to cancer... He was my bestfriend and a part of my family. He was smart though, just like Gaho. They both have something in common" I said. 

"I'm sorry to hear that noona..." he said slowly.

"No, relax, I'm fine okay. I used to have emotional break down after he passed away but I got over it now" I smiled. 

"Well, judging from the way you treated Gaho, he must be a very lucky dog to have you as his owner" Jiyong chuckled.

"Of course! He loved me very much" I chuckled. 

A few minutes later, we finished our dinner and I helped Jiyong clean the kitchen and wash the dishes.

“I didn’t know that you could wash dishes as well noona” he joked.

“Yah, don’t underestimate my skill okay!” I said while trying to show off some silly skill and Jiyong laughed.

We continue washing the dishes, I would wash the plates and spoon while Jiyong is washing the pan and cooking utensils that he used before to cook for our dinner. We both washed the dishes in silence and I’m getting bored. I looked at Jiyong but he is so focused on the dishes. Suddenly an idea popped out in my head, I took the washing sponge and squeeze it a few times to create a foam from the soap. I looked at Jiyong again and he is still focused on the dishes, I lifted the sponge and slowly poke his cheek with it, leaving the foam on his cheek.

He looked surprised by my action and stared at me with a surprised look. I looked back at his face and tried my best not to laugh because his face looked ridiculous right now with those foams. Suddenly, his surprised face turned into a playful smirk and I know what is going to happen next…

“Oh no…” I said and slowly backing off from him.

“So you want to play huh noona? You’re going to regret this” he said with a smirk.

“Run!!” I yelled and runaway from him while he chased me with a sponge on his hands too.

We run around the kitchen counter like little kids. I squealed and laugh while running away from Jiyong. I tried to run away from the kitchen area but Jiyong is blocking the exit from the kitchen counter and he left me with no other choice but to run around the kitchen.

“You’re not going to escape from me noona” he laughed, still trying to chase me.

I saw that he is no longer blocking the exit from the kitchen counter so I head straight for the exit but somehow, he tricked me and he caught me.

“Gotcha!!” he said, catching me by hugging me tightly from behind so I couldn’t escape.

“Ah! You tricked me. That’s not fairrr” I said and pouted.

“It’s fair noona, now admit your defeat. This sponge has been waiting for you” he lifted the sponge towards my face and smear the foam to my cheek while still holding me.

“Now you look beautiful with that foam on your face noona” he said while laughing.

We both are so into playing with the foams that neither of us realize that Jiyong is still back hugging me with one of his hand. After a while, we finally realize that and Jiyong quickly pulls away his hand from my waist and rubs the back of his neck nervously. Awkward silence surrounds us after that…

“Um… ahem. We should probably wrap up everything now because it’s getting late and I need to go home soon” I said, breaking the silence.

“Oh, yeah… let’s finish everything. And um… let me walk you home noona?” he said nervously.

“No need Ji, thanks. I could call my driver to pick me up besides it’s pretty late for you to be walking home alone later. Maybe next time will do” I said.

“Okay then noona” he said.

 

-----

We clean up the rest of the dishes and I picked up all my things from the studio and get ready to go home.

“Bye Gaho! Don’t miss me okay, I’ll come here again tomorrow, see ya!” I say goodbye to Gaho and kissed his forehead.

Jiyong then walked me to the front door and I can see that my driver is already waiting outside.

“Go home safely noona. Thanks for today and see you tomorrow” he smiled at me.

“Yeah, thanks for the dinner too Ji, you really cooked delicious foods! See you tomorrow” I chuckled.

I walked towards the gate and into my car. I rolled down the car’s window and waved at Jiyong once again before my driver drives me home.

 

 

------

Sorry for the super late update :(.