chapter 15

We Belong Together Forever

One week have passed by and we are only left with another one week before the deadline of our project. After the barbecue party that we had, me and Jiyong decided to take a break for one week since we thought we already did well for our performance and also to reward us for our hardwork. Both of us are going to start kicking our off again on the last week before the final performance. I haven’t been visiting Jiyong’s house again for the last few days since we had the break but we still meet each other in school and have lunch together sometimes. He would text me too. I started to miss Gaho though since I haven’t visit Jiyong’s house…

 

“Hi Bommie!”

 

I looked up from my book.

 

“Oh, hello Dara” I said, smiling at her.

 

“What are you reading?” she asked.

 

“Just a random romance novel I found on the library shelf this morning. Why do you look extra cheerful today?” I asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

 

“Guess what” she smiles widely.

 

“Umm… you got a good mark?” I guessed.

 

“No silly, it’s out of school stuffs. Come on guess it Bommie!” she said enthusiastically.

 

“Well... your mom bought you new clothes and accessories?” I guessed again.

 

I’ve known Dara for a long time and she is really into fashion ever since she hits her teenage stage. She always bought fashionable clothes and her fashion taste is incredible. I shopped a lot with Dara and sometimes I even let her dress me up.

 

“Ugh, I’ll just tell you. Minho finally asked me out!!” she squeals happily while doing a mini dance.

 

“What?? No way… You’re not kidding right??” I said, starting to get enthusiastic too.

 

I haven’t mentioned about Minho, haven’t I? Well, my bad. Minho is Dara’s crush since middle school. Minho is a popular guy and also the team captain of the football team in our school, he got this charismatic aura, handsome face, hot muscular body and he smells very good. Every time he walked passed me, I can literally smell his cologne. He is already good looking since middle school but his appearance keeps on getting better until now. I admit that he is really attractive but not attractive enough for me to like him. On the other hand, Dara has been having this huge crush on him ever since they were partners in a project during middle school. Both of them are indeed close with each other, but it is just as friends. I never thought that Minho is actually attracted to Dara in “that way” because sometimes, he brags about another girl that he likes to Dara and me. But anyways, I’m happy that Dara finally gets the chance to be with him after waiting for so long.

 

“I’m not kidding! He asked me to watch him practice yesterday and when he’s done, he came to me and asked me out for a date this Saturday which is tomorrow. And of course, I said yes!” she smiles widely.

 

“No way! That’s awesome Dara! Congratulations to finally going out on a date with your biggest crush ever” I flashed her a playful smirk.

 

“Oh come on, don’t make me blush!” she said, her cheeks started to become pinkish.

 

“By the way, I met Jiyong before I came here and he asked me to tell you that he wanted to meet you when you have a free time, he wants to say something” she continues.

 

“Okay then” I said.

 

“So… what’s up with you two?” she eyed me suspiciously.

 

“What? What do you mean?” I said.

 

“Well, clearly both of you have something going on with each other. Constantly meeting up, he looks for you everyday, went for barbecue party with his old band and blablabla” she said.

 

“Oh come on, there’s nothing between us okay. We’re meeting up because of the music project, nothing more” I said.

 

“Well, I’ll take that answer but I still do not believe you” she chuckles.

 

“Anyway, I have to go, Minho is waiting to have lunch with me! Bye Bommie, see ya!” she said happily and waved at me.

 

I waved back at her and she walks out of the class.

 

Love birds… I chuckled.

 

After a few minutes, I decided to meet Jiyong now since I’m having a free time and I’m getting bored of spending lunch alone in the class.

 

Now where could that guy be…

 

********

 

“Have you seen Jiyong?” I asked one of the girl from his class.

 

“No I haven’t. But you can try looking for him at the basketball court, usually the basketball team is practicing at this hour” she answered.

 

“He’s on the basketball team?” I said, a little bit surprised since I know nothing about him joining the basketball team.

 

“Yeah. Anyway why are you looking for him? Is there something going on between you two or what?” she eyed me suspiciously.

 

“No, no. The music teacher wanted to see him and she asked me to look for him. There’s definitely nothing going on between us, trust me” I lied, hoping that she’s going to believe it.

 

“Oh, okay! Don’t bother to think of him, because he’s mine” she glared at me.

 

“O-okay… chill” I said awkwardly and walks away from her.

 

Thank God she believes it… I sigh in relief.

 

********

 

Finally, after God knows how many minutes I’ve spend looking for the basketball court, I managed to find it. I've only been to the basketball court once which is why i forget where it is located. Our school is way too big and I can't remember each rooms in the school in detail even though I've been studying in this school for a long time now. The last time I went around this school is when I'm giving Jiyong a tour on his first day of school.

 

I entered the court which is bigger than I remembered. They probably did some renovation to the old court because from what I remembered, the old court was pretty ugly, old and small but now it looked more like a “normal” basketball court which is more decent and modern. Since it is an indoor court, it is provided with air conditioner facilities so its not hot at all. There are many benches for the audiences to sit when there is a match. I walked towards one of the bench and sit on the one that is not quite in the middle so nobody will really notice me.

 

I look at the court and the basketball team is indeed practicing. I didn’t know that the members are quite many since the football team is way more popular than the basketball team. I search around with my eyes and few seconds later I spot Jiyong on the court. I look at him and his face looks serious and he is so into the practice which reminds me of how he looks when he is making music. Basketball is sure the second thing that he loves to do… well, at least that’s what I saw. Unknowingly, the thought of Jiyong doing the things that he loves with dedication, makes me smile.

 

Not long after that, a loud sound of whistle is blown by the coach signaling that it is the end of the practice. The team shouts happily and each one of them looked exhausted from the practice. The team then head back together to the gym, probably to shower, but I see that Jiyong is not joining them, he stays on the court and still shooting the ball.

 

“You’re not coming Ji?” I hear one of the member said.

 

“Nah, I’m going to hang around here a bit more. You go ahead first, I’ll catch up later” Jiyong said and his friend left to the gym.

 

I sit around a bit more looking at Jiyong who is busy shooting the ball. He hasn’t notice me yet since I sit a little bit at the corner and there is barely anyone in the court. I decided to approach him then.

 

“So, you’re into basketball now?” I said.

 

Jiyong seems a little startled as he immediately turns around to face me, forgetting that he was about to shoot the ball just now. I chuckled at his expression.

 

“Aish noona, you scared me. Well, yeah I am. When did you get here?” he said.

 

“Hmm… just a couple of minutes ago. When did you join the team? You never told me” I said while asking for the ball from Jiyong.

 

“You play?” he passed me the ball and I nod.

 

Well, I indeed played a couple of times when I was young. Hopefully I still got my skills.

 

“I joined just a few days ago. I thought I wanted to surprise you on the upcoming match but you found out already” he said, making a sad face which makes me chuckle.

 

I dribble the ball a couple of times before finally holding it up with my hands and shoot it into the ring. Luckily, I got the shot.

 

“Wow, you’re pretty good at this noona” he said.

 

“Thanks” I said and smile to him.

 

“So, how did you know I’m here?” he asked.

 

“I asked one of your classmates and I think I’ve made a huge mistake by asking a girl in your class. She literally interrogated me by asking why am I looking for you and whether we are a ‘thing’ or not. Thank God she believes my lies” I explained.

 

“What did you tell her?” Jiyong chuckled while dribbling the ball that I pass him.

 

“I told her that the music teacher is looking for you. Anyway, what’s up? Dara said you’re going to tell me something?” I said.

 

“Ah, about that… I wanted to inform you that my mom just came back yesterday and I would like you to come tomorrow to my house since she wanted to meet you” he said while smiling.

 

“What? Your mom? Why would she want to meet me?” I asked confusedly.

 

“Well… Dami noona sorts of brings up your name and telling her about our performance in the café and now she wants to see who Park Bom is” he said while shooting the ball.

 

“Ah… okay then I’ll come” I said which caused Jiyong to grin.

 

“Alright noona! Come to my house tomorrow afternoon. I’ll go hit the gym for shower now, see ya!” he waved at me while jogging towards the gym door.

 

******

 

‘What are you doing right now?’

 

I was reading my book when I saw my phone light up and there is a text from Dara.

 

‘I’m reading my book. Why?’ I replied.

 

‘Boohoo, you’re boring. Let’s go for a girls’ night out!’ she replied.

 

‘But we have school tomorrow’ I replied

 

‘Ya! Don’t you remember? Tomorrow is Saturday, we don’t have school on Saturday’ she replied.

 

I take the calendar that sits on my night stand and check the date. Tomorrow is indeed Saturday.

 

God… how can I forgot a holiday ugh I face palmed myself.

 

‘Yea… my bad I messed up the dates. So what are you up to?’ I replied.

 

‘Shopping?? Movies?? Or we can go for culinary, I know new restaurants around here. You pick one or we can do all since it’s still early’ she replied.

 

‘Let’s go for shopping and culinary. I don’t feel like watching movies tonight. Where should I meet you and what time?’ I replied while checking the time. It’s still 4 pm in the evening.

 

‘Alright! 6 pm, meet me at my house, we’ll leave together. Don’t be late Bommie! Or I’ll kick your ’ I chuckled at her text.

 

After replying her, I immediately get ready since its two hours away and I need at least an hour or more to get ready.

 

I take a shower and dried my hair since I washed it. I put on a shorts since I love wearing shorts and a simple sleeveless shirt. I then proceed to do my make up, I put on just a simple and natural make up since I don’t really fond of dramatic make ups. After doing my make up, I did my hair by curling them and I let loose my mid-long hair. I pick some accessories that matches my outfit and wear them to complete my look.

 

I took a cardigan with me since I’m going out at night and I’m afraid that it will be cold. I went downstairs after I’m done and put on my favorite sneakers and I’m ready to meet Dara.

 

*****

 

“Surprisingly you’re not late Bom” Dara said.

 

I managed to arrive at her house on time and she looks satisfied with it. Actually, she’s more surprised to see me arrive on time since usually I will be the one who is late…

 

Anyway, I’m very excited for the girls’ night out with Dara.  We haven’t hang out together for I don’t know how long now. Both of us have been busy with our own activities, I rarely see her outside from school. 

 

“Shall we go now?” I said smiling at her and she nods.

 

Both of us then walked towards her car. Tonight, Dara will be the one who is driving. She got her license a few months ago and her parents bought her a new car for her birthday. I can actually drive too and I’ve got my license but I’m just not really into driving my own car. I prefer using drivers more than driving alone since it’s tiring.

 

“Alright, so for tonight’s plan, we are going for dinner first since its almost dinner time. Then we will go to the mall to shop a bit, I hope you bring enough money. And last I will bring you to a new dessert shop that sells unique desserts. I heard that it is nice” Dara explained.

 

“Well, that sounds like an interesting plan to me” I said, starting to feel the excitement.

 

Dara drives both of us to the restaurant she picked for dinner and it is not far from the mall. It turns out to be a Japanese restaurant that serves delicious sushi and other Japanese foods. Well, that’s what Dara said, I hope it is true though. I really love Japanese foods especially sushi and Dara seems to know me very well.

 

“I hope you’re up for sushi tonight. This restaurant just opened a few weeks ago and I heard it is really good that the waiting list is very long. I had to book us a seat you know” she said.

 

“Wow… it better be good cause I’m craving for sushi” I said. The thought of having sushi is starting to make me drool.

 

When we arrived, it is indeed many people there, Dara had a hard time looking for a space to park her car. When she finally finished parking her car, we both got off and went into the restaurant.

 

The waiters greeted us when we entered the restaurant and one of them escorts us to our seats. Thank God Dara booked us a seat already, the restaurant is indeed very crowded and there are lots of people waiting in front of the restaurant already. The restaurant’s interior design is very unique, the design of the building itself has a strong resemblance of a Japanese traditional building and the interior of the building is designed as similar as possible to a traditional Japanese building which enables us to feel the Japanese culture.

 

We got the seat right in front of the sushi bar which is good because we can directly pick the sushi that we want to eat. I took a glance at the moving sushi in front of me, it all looked very delicious and I can’t wait to eat it.

 

*******

 

“That sushi is the best sushi I’ve ever had in my entire life! I literally feels like I tasted heaven when I ate them” I said to Dara when we left the restaurant.

 

“Yes! No wonder its so crowded. We should definitely eat there again soon! Oh, you should bring Jiyong to eat here, I’ll definitely bring Minho to eat there again” Dara said happily.

 

“Umm… I don’t know if he likes sushi but I’ll try one day” I said.

 

Our next destination is the mall which is not far from the restaurant. I really look forward to shop with Dara, it has been a long time since we last shopped together and I like shopping with her too since she has a good taste of fashion and she knows which shop sells beautiful clothes.

 

Dara drives to the mall which is a 10 minutes’ drive from the restaurant. I think the mall is a bit crowded since its Friday night and many people are having holiday tomorrow, we had a hard time looking for a parking space when we arrived. Luckily, we managed to find an empty parking space. After Dara parked the car, we went out and walked into the mall.

 

The mall is indeed a bit crowded but not too crowded compared to when it is a holiday. Dara seems to be very enthusiastic about shopping that when we entered the mall, she immediately drags me to the nearest store that catches her eyes. I can only shake my head and chuckles at her.

 

We ended up visiting almost all the stores inside the mall and I didn’t realize that we had bought so many things that we already carry a lot of shopping bags. Both of us do love shopping that much and we just can’t resist not buying stuffs that catches our eyes. After visiting the last store in the mall, I finally started to feel that my legs are getting sore from all the standing and walking. Luckily, I’m wearing sneakers so it does not hurt that much.

 

In total, I bought many clothes from the stores such as t-shirts, sleeveless shirts, shorts, trousers and dresses. I also bought several accessories that matches with the clothes that I bought since my look doesn’t feel complete without accessories. I have tons of accessories collections at home. We also stopped by the Victoria’s Secret store, I bought two of their new perfume collections and lots of lingerie since its on sale. I also bought a pair of new sneakers and a pair of new heels. Dara also bought so many things and her shopping bags are not fewer than mine.

 

“Huft… my legs are starting to hurt now” Dara said as we find a seat to rest.

 

“It started to feel sore after we finished shopping. It didn’t hurt before” I sighed.

 

“Yea… I think my legs are going to come off soon if we keep walking” Dara said while massaging her legs.

 

“I think we shopped too much already, we should stop. Where is the dessert shop you’re talking about? Should we go there? It’s getting late anyway” I suggested.

 

“Oh, it’s here in the mall. If I’m not mistaken, it’s somewhere near the food court. Let’s rest for a few more minutes then we walk there” Dara said and I nodded.

 

*****

 

“Wow, it is indeed very unique” I said, amazed by the dessert shop.

 

“Yup, I’ve seen the pictures of this shop and the desserts. The reviews are also quite good which is why I recommend us to visit this shop” Dara said.

 

The dessert shop is not that crowded since it’s getting late. We got a table for us directly. The waiter escorts us to our table and handed us the menu. I look through the menu book and there are lots of choices for the desserts. I had a hard time choosing which dessert I want to try since it’s all very cute and delicious. I had to fight back the urge to buy all kind of desserts here.

 

After a few minutes looking through the menu, I ended up ordering a pancake with honey, caramel and a vanilla ice cream on top of it since it catches my eyes the most. While Dara ordered a Choco lava cake, which is also my favorite but I prefer pancakes more. The waiter took our order and we waited for our order to come.

 

Me and Dara talked about a lot of things while waiting for our order to come. It has been a long time since we hang out like this and I missed her so much. We used to hang out everyday after school but when we started high school, we barely even see each other outside from school. Both of us are busy with our own work since we came from different major. It is a must for high school students in our school to start choosing their major whether it is science or business. Dara chose science while I chose business. We only have few classes together now and one of them is music class.

 

Suddenly I feel my phone vibrate inside my shorts’ pocket. I take it out and turns out, I received a text message. Surprisingly, it’s from Jiyong.

 

‘Hello noona! ^^ What are you doing? I’m not interrupting anything am I?’ he texted.

 

‘Hi Ji, I’m hanging out with Dara right now. We’re at this dessert shop that just opened in the mall. What’s up?’ I replied.

 

‘Nothing, I just wanted to talk to you :D. How’s your girls’ night out?’ he replied.

 

‘Awesome! We went to this new Japanese restaurant nearby for dinner and they serve the best sushi I’ve ever eat! You should totally try it. And then we went to the mall for shopping’ I replied. I don’t know why but I’m so excited to tell him about my night out with Dara.

 

‘Wow, glad to hear that noona ^^. Be careful not to over eat everything or else you will turn into a giant :p’ he replied.

 

‘Hull! I don’t eat that much okay. Anyway, what are you doing?’ I replied.

 

‘I’m having dinner right now at this fancy restaurant which I don’t even know the name. My mom came back and we would like to have dinner together’ he replied.

 

‘Ah I see, why are you texting me when you’re in the middle of dinner? You should talk more with them’ I replied.

 

‘Nah, we’re still waiting for the food to come so I have spare time to play my phone ^^. Anyway, I gotta go now, food is coming. Don’t go home late noona, remember you still need to go to my house tomorrow. Have fun noona! :D’ he replied.

 

I smiled at his text, how can a guy reply every single text with emoticons? I don’t even use that much emoticons compared to him. Most guys I ever texted never replied with emoticons though.

 

“Who are you texting Bommie?” Dara suddenly said, snapping me out from my thoughts.

 

“Huh? What?” I didn’t quite catch what she said.

 

“Who are you texting? You’re smiling by yourself while looking at your phone. It’s kinda creepy you know” she said.

 

“Oh… um… it’s just Jiyong” I said.

 

“WHAT?!” she shouted. Thank God there are not many people in the restaurant.

 

“Ya! Lower down your voice” I whispered to her.

 

“Sorry… but seriously, it’s Jiyong?” she said, with a lower voice now.

 

“Yeah… why? What’s wrong?” I raised an eyebrow at her.

 

“Well, nothing… but you guys sure do make a progress” she flashed me a playful smirk while wiggling her eyebrows up and down.

 

“Ya! There’s nothing between us though, we’re just friends” I said.

 

“Pffttt… just friends my ” she said and laughs.

 

I see there is no point of arguing further with Dara since I know very well that she will not believe what I say so I just let her believes what she believes.

 

It’s getting late soon so we decided to call it a day. Dara still have a date tomorrow with Minho while I have to meet Jiyong’s mom.

 

*******

 

“Thanks for dropping me off at my house Dara. Let’s hang out again sometime!” I said as I got out from her car.

 

“You’re welcome!” she said and drove off.

 

I entered my house and went straight to my bedroom since it’s already pretty late. My house is very quite as usual so I don’t think my parents are home, they’re probably going on some business trip again.

 

I wipe away my make up and took a warm shower. I changed into my pajamas before crashing onto my precious bed. I didn’t go to sleep directly but instead I check my social medias first. I saw Jiyong posting a new picture of him, Dami unnie and his mom from their dinner tonight to his Instagram account. I immediately like his post.

 

So this is his mother... hmm… she’s pretty, Dami unnie looks just like her I thought.

 

Suddenly my phone vibrates and there is a text message notification. I opened the notification and turns out it’s a message from Jiyong again.

 

‘You haven’t sleep noona?’ he texted.

 

‘I’m about to sleep now. You?’ I replied.

 

‘Oh… sorry I interrupt you. I just got home so I’m gonna shower first ^^’ he replied.

 

‘Nah, it’s okay Ji. I’ll sleep first then. You should get some sleep too’ I replied.

 

‘Alright noona! Goodnight noona, have a sweet dream and see you tomorrow! <3’ he replied.

 

After his last reply I immediately close my phone, put it on my nightstand and get ready to sleep.

 

Wait… did he just send me a heart emoticon?? I suddenly realized it.

 

I immediately pick up my phone again and open his last text.

 

There is a heart emoticon…. I rub my eyes just to make sure I’m not seeing things.

 

It is really a heart emoticon… why would he send me a heart emoticon?? I thought confusedly in my head.

 

I re read his text message and I don’t know why but I feel happy seeing his text especially when he looked forward to meet me tomorrow and not to mention, the heart emoticon really did affect me. I don’t know what kind of feeling this is but I can imagine Jiyong saying those words… he must look very cute… Unknowingly, I smiled at myself after reading his message.

 

Tonight, I will definitely get a goodnight sleep and a sweet dream I smiled and closed my eyes, drifted off to sleep…

 

--------------

note: i'm so sorry i haven't been posting any new chapters for a long time T_T. i just finished my final projects and my final exam a week ago and i managed to finish this chapter! yay! ^^. 

i add more Dara and Bom scene on this chapter since Dara hardly comes out in this fanfic hehe. anyway, i hope you guys still enjoy it! :D